PDA

View Full Version : Pobol Y Cwm

TaintedLove
31-07-2012, 02:33
Does anyone else watch this fantastic soap? I absolutely love this show.
And I`m not saying it just because I`m Welsh.
:D

pyrocanthus
19-03-2016, 15:21
I do online, its very good I am learning welsh just now.

Perdita
19-03-2016, 15:29

I am not sure it was this programme or not I dipped into a few times in the late 70s or if there was another Welsh soap going at that time ... I stopped watching as I could not understand the language and found following the plot rather impossible but found the show pretty much intriguing at the time Shame about me not understanding it :(

Dazzle
20-03-2016, 14:10
I'm a very out of practice Welsh speaker and started watching Pobol y Cwm a couple of years ago in the hopes of re-learning the language. I was enjoying watching it very much, but unfortunately I didn't stick with it because I just couldn't fit in another soap.

It comes with English subtitles if anyone fancies giving it a go.

Good luck with the Welsh lessons pyrocanthus. Watching Welsh TV is a great way of enhancing learning. :)

pyrocanthus
21-03-2016, 08:49
Thank you Dazzle.

Mo Mouse
27-03-2016, 20:36

Certainly do, Taints. My fave soap at the moment. Absolutely gutted that they let Mark out of the slammer.

Mo Mouse
27-03-2016, 20:36
Sorry - seem to keep posting twice by accident. Trigger happy.

Dazzle
27-03-2016, 21:20
Sorry - seem to keep posting twice by accident. Trigger happy.

Double-posting is a known glitch on this forum. Using the "Go Advanced" option when posting prevents it from happening.

Mo Mouse
16-04-2016, 12:56
Really liking Dol as well. The mixture of Welsh and English is a bit confusing when she speaks though.