PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Lloyd-Webber's Superstar ITV

tammyy2j
05-07-2012, 13:02
On Saturday Andrew Lloyd-Webber, will launch Superstar on ITV.

It aims to find a new leading man for an arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar and is hosted by Britain’s Got Talent judge Amanda Holden

N.Fan
05-07-2012, 15:55
Why has Andrew LIoyd-Webber moved from the BBC to ITV.This is one programme I will definately not be watching.:wall:

lizann
06-07-2012, 10:39
Yes I thought he was a beeb man

N.Fan
06-07-2012, 16:22
Beeb man is one way of describing him,but I would describe him as very boring.

Perdita
06-07-2012, 18:40
Andrew Lloyd Webber has explained why he is making his new show Superstar with ITV rather than the BBC.

The composer made previous talent hunts How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?, Any Dream Will Do, I'd Do Anything and Over the Rainbow with the BBC and it was initially suggested that the broadcaster had passed on the new programme.

"The people at ITV now were the same ones who took a gamble on me in the first place at the BBC, so that's why I have moved over," Lloyd Webber told the Daily Mail.

"ITV wanted very much to do a programme with me. They got very excited when I said, 'I don't really want to do another stage show, I'm thinking of an arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar'. They said that was something they would really like to do, too."

BBC presenter Graham Norton said in 2010 that while it was "sad" that Lloyd Webber would not be making new shows with the broadcaster, he would not be "mourning" or "lying in darkened rooms".

Defending the format, Lloyd Webber pointed to 2008's third-placed I'd Do Anything contestant Samantha Barks, who has been cast as Eponine in the upcoming movie adaptation of Les Misérables.

"She was a 17-year-old girl I would never have seen in my life if it wasn't for TV," he said.

"Now she's bagged a huge role in a huge movie. There are a lot of people who now apply just to get an audition with me and the team because they have seen the consequences of just being on the show."

Superstar starts tomorrow (June 7) at 7.25pm on ITV1.

Brucie
09-07-2012, 10:21
Is there a bigger berk anywhere than Jonathan Ansell (ex G4), who threw away his self respect (as well as the toys from his pram) in episode 1? Thank heavens they dropped him in episode 2. Some very good singers in this show, and Mel C and Jason Donovon were excellent as "judges".

tammyy2j
09-07-2012, 12:21
Is there a bigger berk anywhere than Jonathan Ansell (ex G4), who threw away his self respect (as well as the toys from his pram) in episode 1? Thank heavens they dropped him in episode 2. Some very good singers in this show, and Mel C and Jason Donovon were excellent as "judges".

I found Jason a tad bit annoying

Abbie
09-07-2012, 17:56
Aww I like Jason but I still cant believe the guy from G4 quit a role he already had for a one that was not guaranteed

Brucie
10-07-2012, 11:02
That was the problem - in HIS mind it WAS guaranteed, such is the measure of his ego. What a muppet - with a cavalier attitude to the paying public like that, he's destined to appear at your local McDonalds in the not too distant future!

Perdita
13-07-2012, 06:28
Mel C has reportedly signed a deal to become a permanent judge on ITV1's Superstar.

The Spice Girls singer is said to have impressed viewers and show bosses after she appeared in last weekend's first episode as a guest judge.

Producers have now agreed a last minute five-figure contract with Mel C to join Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Dawn French and Jason Donovan on a permanent basis.

"I am absolutely delighted," she is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"It's been an incredible experience so far and I just can't wait for the nation to decide who will be playing Jesus in the amazing arena tour of the production."

She will take on the role of Mary Magdalene in the new arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, alongside Chris Moyles and Tim Minchin and the show's chosen Jesus.

Chloe O'brien
14-07-2012, 01:21
I missed last Sunday's show because i was engrossed in the tennis but going by the early auditions my favourite so far is John Moses he has amazing beautiful haunting eyes perfect for Jesus.

N.Fan
17-07-2012, 16:35
What's going on a week and half of this crap every night on ITV,as if it wasn't bad enough when the football was on.

Chloe O'brien
22-07-2012, 21:14
I thought it would be like the other shows ALW did. How can they pick someone in a week without no time to see how they act.

Rain_
24-07-2012, 21:44
I thought it would be like the other shows ALW did. How can they pick someone in a week without no time to see how they act.

Believe me Chloe they wouldn't be on the show if they hadn't had to perform a few scenes at the very least. The man (ALW) might be a bit of an eccentric, but he's not daft x