PDA

View Full Version : Den's body

Behemoth
28-06-2005, 11:00
Would Den's body actually look that bad? It is under 6ft of solid concrete so it wouldn't be exposed to all the usual things that may decompose a body like maggots and bugs so in theory, it should be perfectly preserved except for little things like his hair falling out and his teeth missing.

What do you think?

stapler
28-06-2005, 11:12
I think it's wrong to think about it lol. Wouldn't make much of a diff, he was ugly enough anyway. :lol:

Treacle
28-06-2005, 11:17
Yeah he was already looking a bit decomposed.

stapler
28-06-2005, 11:27
:sick: lol :sick:

alan45
28-06-2005, 12:21
The acid content and lime in the concrete would destroy the skin. However fro someone who spent a year or so in Walford Canal and over 10yrs buried in a grave this probably will not be much of a problem.

Treacle
28-06-2005, 12:34
The acid content and lime in the concrete would destroy the skin. However fro someone who spent a year or so in Walford Canal and over 10yrs buried in a grave this probably will not be much of a problem.
What's that got to do with Den? Just because someone else spent a year in Walford canal and over 10 in a grave.

alan45
28-06-2005, 21:04
What's that got to do with Den? Just because someone else spent a year in Walford canal and over 10 in a grave.

The same someone who was identified as Dennis Watts buried and rose again :p

Treacle
28-06-2005, 23:17
The same someone who was identified as Dennis Watts buried and rose again :p
Who identified him? A young girl who was already convinced it was her father due to the ring incident?

Treacle
28-06-2005, 23:17
Would Den's body actually look that bad? It is under 6ft of solid concrete so it wouldn't be exposed to all the usual things that may decompose a body like maggots and bugs so in theory, it should be perfectly preserved except for little things like his hair falling out and his teeth missing.

What do you think?
It's not under 6ft of solid concrete. The girls filled the hole with rubble. Only the top is concreted.

littlemo
28-06-2005, 23:26
Who identified him? A young girl who was already convinced it was her father due to the ring incident?

Are you talking about sharon as the 'young girl'? No Sharon didn't identify him, I remember her talking to Dennis about it, she said she was told the body was too bad for her to see.

They dragged the canal when Sharon found the ring, they brought up a body, they thought it was Den, but it couldn't really be identified, it had been in the canal for a year, the police just tied the case up quickly, without really knowing the facts.

But I do still think Den is the ultimate cat with 9 lives scenario. He seems to get knocked down, but always bounces back, he's not going to this time.

alan45
28-06-2005, 23:45
Who identified him? A young girl who was already convinced it was her father due to the ring incident?nope - sharon as you will doubtless remember was not allowed to identify Den's body due to the state of it. Presumably to conform to the law of the land some more scientific and foolproof method was used. Probably a combination of several commonly used practices. Unless a formal legal identification was made the body would not have been released for burial.

Treacle
28-06-2005, 23:47
nope - sharon as you will doubtless remember was not allowed to identify Den's body due to the state of it. Presumably to conform to the law of the land some more scientific and foolproof method was used. Probably a combination of several commonly used practices. Unless a formal legal identification was made the body would not have been released for burial.
Well they weren't 100 percent certain it was Den.
I thought Sharon had seen the body hence given final confirmation but if she hadn't then I'm sorry. To be honest it was so long ago. I can't even remember what happened in 2000. Watching some of my old episodes it's a shock.

alan45
29-06-2005, 00:36
Well they weren't 100 percent certain it was Den.
I thought Sharon had seen the body hence given final confirmation but if she hadn't then I'm sorry. To be honest it was so long ago. I can't even remember what happened in 2000. Watching some of my old episodes it's a shock.

Legally speaking they would have to be 100% certain that the body was that of Den Watts before releasing it for burial. Even LB in her heyday could not change the law

Treacle
29-06-2005, 00:37
Legally speaking they would have to be 100% certain that the body was that of Den Watts before releasing it for burial. Even LB in her heyday could not change the law
Mistakes have been made. Look at Kim Tate she came back from the dead in Emmerdale and they didn't get any flack. Dragged from the water think it was a river.

alan45
29-06-2005, 00:41
Difference being - Dens body was found and identified. Plenty of people have been thought to be dead in Soapland but no body has been found so therefore no proof of death. The simple fact is that the BEEB never expected to reprise the role of DEN and therefore wrote him off by killing him.

Treacle
29-06-2005, 00:44
Difference being - Dens body was found and identified. Plenty of people have been thought to be dead in Soapland but no body has been found so therefore no proof of death. The simple fact is that the BEEB never expected to reprise the role of DEN and therefore wrote him off by killing him.
Kim Tates body was dragged from the water in her car then we were expected to believe she paid some lookalike.

alan45
29-06-2005, 00:47
yes but in the case of a supicious death they would NEVER rely solely of visual identification

Treacle
29-06-2005, 00:52
yes but in the case of a supicious death they would NEVER rely solely of visual identification
But she was idenfitied by Frank and they buried her!

alan45
29-06-2005, 00:55
But she was idenfitied by Frank and they buried her!
Which if true proves the writers of EE and Emmerdale are eually as daft :p

Treacle
29-06-2005, 01:05
What about Woodam Barlow in Corrie?, he was never alive in the first place!!!

alan45
29-06-2005, 01:09
And still isnt

Treacle
29-06-2005, 01:12
That's true. Seen better acting from the Sugden boys in Emmerdale FARM lets not forget it's a farming soap well so it's supposed to be :D