PDA

View Full Version : Cuckoo

lizann
12-06-2012, 21:31
Andy Samberg has joined BBC Three comedy, Cuckoo. The six-part series from Roughcut Television will shoot this summer to air later this year. In it, Samberg will play Cuckoo, the new husband to an English girl returning home from her post-college gap year. The Inbetweeners‘ Greg Davies and Friends‘ Helen Baxendale play the girl’s parents who reluctantly take in their new son-in-law, despite being horrified by his New Age-y, slacker ways. Cuckoo was created and written by Robin French and Kieron Quirke. It will be executive produced for BBC Three by Chris Sussman and by Ash Atalla and Dan Hine for Roughcut. Ben Taylor is directing.

N.Fan
20-08-2012, 15:49
Cuckoo stars some of the biggest names in comedy,from both sides of the Atlantic.The series pits Hollywood star and saturday night live salwart Andy Samberg against British comedy giant Greg Davis ( The Inbetweeners ).

Created and written by Robin French and Kieron Quirke ( Trinity ),Cuckoo is set in the Midlands,home to the Thomas family.When Ken ( Greg Davis ) and Lorna ( Helen Baxendale ) collect their daughter ( Tamla Kari ) from the airport,they're horrified to learn that she's returned from her gap year with more than just a henna tattoo and braids in her hair.At the arrival gate,she promptly introduces them to her new husband,Cuckoo ( Andy Samberg )-the square-jawed,self-appointed spiritual ninja who is now their son-in-law.

tammyy2j
03-10-2012, 14:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ReDoXTW41fk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UZlb-Wx4j9Q

tammyy2j
05-08-2014, 01:01
Almost two years after it broke BBC Three ratings records, Cuckoo is back.

But there's been a few changes: Esther Smith is stepping in to replace The Musketeers and Inbetweeners 2 actress Tamla Kari, while Cuckoo himself - the great Andy Samberg - is no more, having met his end off-screen between series.

Meet the new Cuckoo - the original's son, played by none other than Twilight star Taylor Lautner. Yes, you read that right - Taylor Lautner.

Digital Spy spoke with Outnumbered veteran Tyger Drew-Honey - who returns as moody teen Dylan - to talk losing the original Cuckoo and working with his surprise replacement.
"We knew we had a second series commissioned - we actually had it commissioned before we'd finished filming the first. I was in touch with my agent, trying to find out dates, and she told me that they were really struggling to find availability for Andy, 'cos he's doing his new show Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

"So we were waiting for ages to see whether Andy was gonna have time. Then in the end, I think they just basically bit the bullet and thought, 'No, we can't do it with Andy, we need to find someone else'.

"I'm not angry at all - as an actor, I understand that you can't always do everything you want to do. I'm sure Andy would've loved to do it and he has actually done some voiceovers for us - so we'll hear his voice in the second series.

"But I think now we've got Taylor, it's a real development - if we still had Andy, I don't know if we would've had such good storylines. I'm actually happy with the way it's gone."

"I didn't find out any of this until i bumped into the producer from Cuckoo and he told me, 'Andy's not doing it - but we have got a massive star… Taylor Lautner.' I was like, 'WHAT??'.

"I thought he was going to say, 'Andy's not doing it, we can't go again' - but then he dropped that bombshell."

"I think he just wanted to get away from the Hollywood machine a little bit. He's so used to that Hollywood atmosphere - I think he wanted to do something a bit smaller - a British sitcom. I think it's fantastic news and it's going to do great things for the show."

"Cuckoo has passed away between series one and two and then Dale drops into our lives and we take him in. He's really quite thick, but he's so loveable and has a real impact on our lives across the series."

"We've heard nothing yet, but I'd love to do another one. My guess would be that if we do it, they'd get another star - I don't know if Taylor would do it again. If he's free, they'd want to keep him, but if not, maybe this can be our little niche - a new star in each series!"

The new series of Cuckoo starts on Thursday (August 7) at 10pm on BBC Three.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/interviews/a587912/cuckoo-2-why-taylor-lautner-swapped-hollywood-for-a-british-sitcom.html#~oM17MD0mq9ei1V#ixzz39TGhkEAA
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

tammyy2j
05-08-2014, 01:01