PDA

View Full Version : Corrie Spoilers SUNDAY 3rd June - THURSDAY 7th June 2012

Perdita
23-05-2012, 11:17
EP: 7881 Sunday 03 June 2012 20:30

Tommy and Tina are on borrowed time.
Dennis’s loyalty is called into question.
Kirsty’s temper reaches fever pitch.

EP: 7882 Monday 04 May 2012 19:30

Tina’s drastic actions put Rita in danger on her big day.
With the fancy dress Jubilee celebrations in full swing, Karl and Sunita sneak off.
Sean is horrified to find his hotpots are not in the oven.

EP: 7883 Monday 04 June 2012 20:30

With Dennis waiting at the alter, Rita and Tina take on Rick.
Sunita struggles to release trapped Karl from the Corner Shop.
Sean heads to the Rovers with his tail between his legs.

EP: 7884 Wednesday 06 June 2012 19:30

Dev makes a startling discovery at home.
Peter is concerned about Simon’s behaviour.
Tina wonders if she’s made the right decision.

EP: 7885 THURSDAY 07 June 2012 20:30

Dev confronts Sunita leaving Karl wondering if he’s in too deep.
Peter and Simon’s arguing pushes Carla to the limit.
Maria has the best date ever!

mrssmith
23-05-2012, 15:09
Why Sunday and Wednesday is that permanent

Perdita
27-05-2012, 00:53
Over on Coronation Street, as the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations begin, the local residents decide to mark the occasion in style.

Viewers will see the Weatherfield locals organise a Jubilee street party with a pop theme, dressing up as their favourite music idols from the past 60 years.

Madonna, Beyoncé, Elvis Presley, Tom Jones, John Lennon and Freddie Mercury are among the costumes on the day, while the street is decorated in red, white and blue bunting.

The Jubilee party is held on the same day as Rita Sullivan and Dennis Tanner's wedding, which takes a dramatic turn when Rita is kidnapped by loan shark Rick Neelan on the morning of the ceremony.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/21/618x716/04_06_coro_anna_owen_faye_05.JPG
© ITV

Pictured: Anna as Dolly Parton, Faye as Sporty Spice, Owen as Kenny Rogers.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x875/soaps_corrie_7882_2.JPG© ITV

Pictured: Dev as Adam Ant and Sunita as Beyoncé.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x411/soaps_corrie_7882_3.JPG
© ITV

Pictured: Beth as Britney Spears and Eva as Madonna.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x411/soaps_corrie_7882_4.JPG
© ITV

Pictured: Stella is dressed as Dusty Springfield.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x991/soaps_corrie_7882_5.jpg
© ITV

Pictured: Jason as Elvis Presley.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x842/soaps_corrie_7883_8.JPG
© ITV

Pictured: Kylie as Amy Winehouse.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x425/soaps_corrie_7883_9.JPG
© ITV

Pictured: Maria as Marie Osmond, Marcus as Donny Osmond and Sean as Freddie Mercury.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x814/soaps_corrie_7883_11.JPG
© ITV

Pictured: Tracy as Cher.

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, June 4 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
27-05-2012, 00:54
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x783/soaps_corrie_7883_10.JPG

Pictured: Steve as John Lennon

parkerman
27-05-2012, 10:01
He looks more like Elton John than John Lennon!

tammyy2j
27-05-2012, 21:11
Karl will be happy with Sunita's outfit

Perdita
28-05-2012, 18:29
Coronation Street's Barbara Knox has admitted that her upcoming hostage scenes were "very frightening" to film.

The 78-year-old actress, who plays Rita Sullivan, revealed that she was held inches away from the canal by co-star Greg Wood.

Drug dealer Rick kidnaps Rita on the day of her wedding to soulmate Dennis Tanner, in an attempt to manipulate Tina McIntyre and Tommy Duckworth.

Recalling her ordeal, Knox told The Mirror: "I was terrified - it really was very scary. There was quite a bit of rough handling and it was right at the edge of this water - it was awful.

"I was thrown about like a rag doll, almost going over into the water - it was very frightening."

She continued: "I was stood there watching them doing their dialogue so when he pushed me I screamed and it was genuine.

"I didn't know that was going to happen - I thought he was just going to shake me. Greg Wood who plays Rick was very good. He hung on to me, because I was so terrified."

Producer Phil Collinson, who first revealed details of Rita's dramatic wedding day in April, left viewers to wonder whether Rita will make it down the aisle.

alan45
29-05-2012, 00:44
Sunday

Tina and Tommy are out of ideas to get rid of Rick, so they turn to Kirsty - as a former copper, they need her advice. As they confess to everything, Kirsty is horrified, realising they've been using the garage to conceal drugs and have lost all of Tyrone's savings. Angry, she orders Tina and Tommy out before rounding on Tyrone. But this time Tyrone refuses to back down, giving an impassioned speech about family. Will Kirsty accept this?

Back at the flat, Tommy gets a call from Rick offering him a way out - one last job tomorrow that will clear his debt. But as Tommy reveals what the job is, Tina reels - it's Rita's wedding tomorrow and if Tommy gets caught he'll go down for years. But does Tommy have a choice?

Meanwhile, it's the eve of Rita and Dennis's wedding, but when Norris and Mary spot Dennis with old flame Norma, they're scandalised and take a snap on Mary's mobile phone. Back on the street, Rita's hen do is in full swing when Mary shows her the picture. Furious, Rita crashes Dennis's stag do and announces that the wedding is off. Rushing after her, will Dennis be able to talk his bride-to-be round?

Elsewhere, Anna is stressed about how she's going to replace everyone's floral displays. However, when Norris thanks her for his new hanging baskets, she's bemused. Who is her knight in shining armour?

Also today, Sean and Marcus are upset when Violet cancels their trip to see Dylan, while Karl suggests to Sunita that they should sneak off during tomorrow's street party so he can make it up to her.

Monday

It's the morning of Rita's wedding, and Tommy is insisting that he has to go through with the job as he can't see another way out. Tina is helping Rita to get ready, but unable to take any more, she dashes to the garage determined to stop Tommy. Grabbing the hold-all of drugs and a nearby petrol can, she jumps into the car and drives off before Tommy can stop her.

Arriving at the Red Rec, Tina calls Rick, revealing that she has his drugs and if he wants to see them again he'll have to come and meet her in person. Warning a horrified Tommy to get away from the garage until she gives him the all clear, Tina waits for Rick. Has she made a big mistake?

Meanwhile, as Dennis heads to the register office he hopes that Rita really has forgiven him for last night!

Elsewhere, the whole street is out getting ready for the Jubilee fancy dress party as Karl reminds Sunita of their plan to sneak off. Telling Dev she's going to fetch some cold drinks, Sunita beckons Karl into the shop. But when Dev goes after her, is he about to catch them in the act?

Faye notices there's still a spark between Anna and Owen, while Marcus agrees to accompany Maria and Liam to the party as Sean is now working.

As a nervous Dennis waits for Rita at the register office, Rick heads to the Red Rec - with Rita in his car! As he arrives, Tina is on the front foot. Holding the bag and petrol can, Tina says that she's going to burn the drugs as she wants him off their backs. But when Rick opens the door of his car to reveal Rita, she's floored. It's Rick who now has the upper hand as he tells Tina to return the drugs to Tommy or he'll drive Rita into the canal.

Rita demands to know what's going on and Tina is forced to reveal all. However, Rita is not intimidated by Rick. Spurred on by Rita's courage, Tina holds a lighter to the drugs - saying if he doesn't hand over Rita, she'll torch it all. Realising Tina's serious, will Rick release Rita or is her wedding day doomed? And what does all this mean for Tina and Tommy?

Meanwhile, Karl is forced to hide behind the counter as Dev comes into the shop looking for Sunita. Confused as to why the door was locked, will Dev become suspicious?

Elsewhere, Faye gives her approval for Anna and Owen to get back together, while Maria thanks Marcus for helping with Liam and suggests a bottle of wine at hers to end a perfect day.

Wednesday

Desperate for some time alone, Sunita and Karl plan to use some of Karl's winnings, which Sunita has been looking after, for a night away together. Inventing stories for both Stella and Dev, it looks like they're going to get away with it. But when Dev catches the kids playing shop with piles of real money, he is confused to find the hidden stash.

Worried that Sunita is hiding something, he looks through her things before finding a bag packed with overnight clothes. Confronting Sunita, Dev demands to know what's going on…

Meanwhile, as Tina hides away at Rita's, Rita questions whether it really is all over with Tommy. Sensing her heartbreak, Dennis urges Tommy to throw himself on her mercy and tell her that he loves her. But Tommy is convinced he's blown it and plans to get out of Tina's life for good. How will Tina react when she hears the news?

Elsewhere, when Amy's pocket money goes missing and then Aadi's games console is stolen, Peter decides to have a word with Simon and make sure he's looking after his stuff. But when Carla finds the DS in Simon's bag, they realise he could be the culprit!

Also today, Owen and Anna head off for their weekend away leaving Gary and Izzy in charge of Faye, while Sean insists that Marcus uses his raffle prize of a meal at the Bistro to show Maria a good time.

Thursday

Sunita is on the back foot as Dev quizzes her about the money and her mysterious night out with a friend. However, Sunita then goes on the attack, accusing Dev of not trusting her. Asking the dreaded question, Dev wonders if she's having an affair and if the money was to set up a new life.

Sunita insists this isn't the case, but Dev refuses to believe her, demanding to know who her boyfriend is. As Karl waits at the hotel, will Sunita come clean? And when Stella arrives at the Alahans' mid-row, will she become embroiled in their domestic?

Meanwhile, as an angry Peter confronts Simon about stealing Aadi's DS, he also finds Amy's missing money in his room. After dragging him round the street to apologise, Peter bundles up all of Simon's games and toys and puts them in a cupboard, insisting that he won't get them back until he learns to behave. How will Simon react?

Elsewhere, keen to show Maria how she should be treated, Marcus arrives to ask her out on a 'date' to the Bistro. Maria is touched and as they later enjoy the meal, they relax in each other's company, with Maria admitting it's the best date she's ever had!

Also today, as Gary and Izzy look after Faye they discuss the possibility of them having a child one day, while as Tommy admits to Tina that his behaviour has been indefensible, will she feel able to give him a second chance?

lizann
29-05-2012, 12:07
Stella always arrive on scene perfect timing wise to take it over

Perdita
30-05-2012, 12:00
Coronation Street's Barbara Knox has revealed that filming her wedding scenes was extremely emotional.

The 78-year-old, a passionate royalist, expressed her gratitude towards producers for combining Rita Sullivan's wedding with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

She told Inside Soap: "It's such a huge honour and I was overwhelmed - it makes me weep to think of it.

"A lot of television is geared towards kids now, so I think it's just brilliant that they've given older people a good storyline. It's so uplifting. And Dennis is the right man for Rita - at last."

The actress also praised Philip Lowrie, who plays Dennis Tanner, for being "such a gentleman" off screen.

"I love working with Philip Lowrie," Knox added. "The first day he filmed with me after all those years was incredible.

"I hadn't seen him at all in the meantime, but it was like coming home."

Lowrie, 75, appeared in the Weatherfield soap's first ever episode before bowing out in 1968

Perdita
31-05-2012, 15:26
Coronation Street legend Barbara Knox became tearful as she made a rare live television appearance on This Morning today (May 31).

The 78-year-old was emotional but delighted after being shown a montage of her character Rita Sullivan's best bits on the cobbles.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/22/618x457/soaps_corrie_barbara_know_this_morning_1.jpg
© Rex Features / Steve Meddle

Knox, praising the daytime show's team, commented: "That was wonderful. It's my life, isn't it? Gosh, that was beautiful. All those lovely scenes. To link them all together like that, it's beautiful what you've done."

Explaining why she rarely does live TV interviews, she continued: "I think this is the first! I'm not very good at them. Some people are very good and they can chatter and say all sorts and be entertaining, but you've seen I've just blubbed!"

The actress was appearing on the show to promote Rita and Dennis's wedding episodes, which air next week to coincide with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Knox confirmed that she was keen to be heavily involved in the preparations for the big day.

She said: "I thought, being given this marvellous story - once in a lifetime - I would treat it as if I was getting married. People out there will appreciate what you're like - you want the dress to be right, the hat, the shoes, the flowers, the jewellery, everything. I went all the way through it and had a terrible time trying to find shoes!"

"Phil Collinson, our producer, he's worked this so brilliantly," she continued. "From bringing Philip Lowrie back to play Dennis, to getting this marvellous story for the Jubilee. And another Tanner in the street - isn't that brilliant?"

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/22/618x463/soaps_corrie_barbara_know_this_morning_2.jpg
© Rex Features / Steve Meddle

Knox also reflected on her early days at Coronation Street, confessing that she was "terrified" to be working alongside the likes of Pat Phoenix, Doris Speed and Violet Carson.

She admitted: "They were marvellous and terrifying. 'Don't sit on that chair!' - one of those situations. But they were brilliant people, excellent actors, actresses and I learned a lot from them.

"I was terrified of them. I was absolutely terrified, because they hadn't had a younger person in it for a while, so I came in to find these wonderful, glorious people who were feted by the nation, they couldn't move they were so admired and loved.

"I could not accept they were actors and I just lost my voice. I couldn't speak, it was sheer nerves. However, they were very kind and helped me an awful lot and we became great friends - they were wonderful."

Coronation Street airs Rita's wedding day on Monday (June 4) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

alan45
01-06-2012, 01:03
SOAP weddings never go smoothly — so why would Rita and Dennis' nuptials be any different?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/TINA_RICK_RITA_mai_1519404a.jpg

The Coronation Street couple's big day is left in disarray when Rita Sullivan gets kidnapped by loan shark Rick Neelan.

Rick (Greg Wood) bundles bride Rita (Barbara Knox) into his car when her bridesmaid Tina McIntyre runs off with his drugs.

After Tommy Duckworth's dad Terry (Nigel Pivaro) ran off with £9,000 of Rick's cash, the young mechanic has been doing jobs for him to try to repay his debt.

When Rick tells Tommy (Chris Fountain) he can do one final big drugs job and the debt will be settled, he agrees.

But Tina (Michelle Keegan) isn't so pleased, and she grabs the drugs and a petrol can and speeds off as Tommy tries to stop her.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/04_06_CORO_TINA_TA_1519405a.jpg

Chase ... Tina drives off with the drugs as Tommy tries to stop her
She then calls Rick and tells him to meet her.

When Rick arrives Tina threatens to torch the drugs in an attempt to blackmail him.

But just as she does Rick reveals his hostage, Rita, to Tina's horror.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/04_06_CORO_RITA_RI_1519406a.jpg
Bad news ... Rick kidnaps Rita on her wedding day
Rick then threatens Tina saying he'll drive into the canal with Rita in the car unless she hands over the drugs.

Rita refuses to be bullied by the thug and tells Tina not to give in to his demands.

And when the barmaid tells Rick if he doesn't hand over Rita, she'll torch the drugs, it's stalemate.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/04_06_CORO_NORRIS__1519407a.jpg
Scuffle ... best man Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) is forced to separate Dennis and Norris
When his bride doesn't turn up at the registry office on time, groom Dennis Tanner (Philip Lowrie) gets in a scuffle with Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden).

But that's the least of his worries, the question is will Rita survive to marry him at all?

The scenes will air on ITV1 on Monday, June 4 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

Perdita
01-06-2012, 11:59
Coronation Street star Philip Lowrie has revealed that his character Dennis Tanner fears he has been jilted by fiancée Rita Sullivan on the day of their wedding.

Rita is kidnapped by loan shark Rick Neelan as her big day arrives next week, leaving Dennis and the guests confused when she fails to turn up to the ceremony on time.

As the kidnap drama comes just a few hours after Dennis has argued with Rita (Barbara Knox) over his old flame Norma, he worries that this is the reason for her absence.

Lowrie told Lorraine today (June 1): "Something has happened in Norma's life which makes her turn to Dennis. He jilted her at the altar, so it's a bit strange that she turns to him - but she has no-one else in her life, you see.

"Now, this causes a lot of tension between Rita and Dennis, which is very good, because there was a brilliantly written scene where Dennis and Rita have a row just before the wedding. To me, that was great - and for Barbara as well, because it gave us a lot to play. It was wonderful to play such a well-rounded scene."

He continued: "You know that Rita is kidnapped, because everybody knows about that. But Dennis doesn't know that Rita is kidnapped, and he's terrified that she isn't going to turn up at the altar - that she's going to give him a taste of what he did to Norma. So wait and see!"

Meanwhile, Lowrie also joked about his recent Guinness World Records recognition for his return to Coronation Street after a 43-year gap.

He laughed: "It's strange, isn't it? It's a really unique thing, because most people get into the Guinness Book of Records because they've done something - I got in because I didn't do it! I didn't do it for 43 years - it is the longest gap achieved on television between appearances for any actor playing the same character."

Revealing how he returned after so long away, Lowrie continued: "It's quite an interesting story, because my agent was emailing the new producer at the time, saying, 'Could the character be resurrected?'

"At the same time, it appears that Barbara was also talking to the producer and saying it would be a good thing to bring the character of Dennis Tanner back, because Rita and Dennis had a liaison some time ago. Phil Collinson, our producer, thought it was a good idea, the story writers thought it was a good idea and that's how it came about."

He added: "I'm having the best time of my life, and I mean that. I'm working with old friends, I'm working with some new friends as well. The company, the crew, every visiting artist says this about Coronation Street - it's a very happy programme to work on."

Rita and Dennis's wedding episodes air on Monday (June 4) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Ruffed_lemur
02-06-2012, 16:50
Surprise, another wedding drama! :thumbsdow Oh, for a normal nice wedding.

alan45
02-06-2012, 17:50
Surprise, another wedding drama! :thumbsdow Oh, for a normal nice wedding.

No doubt St. Ella will feature in a major part in this storyline

Perdita
04-06-2012, 21:57
Coronation Street favourite Rita Sullivan has officially become Mrs Tanner in the soap's special Diamond Jubilee episodes.

As first tipped in April, Rita (Barbara Knox) turned up for her wedding in a police car after being kidnapped on her big day.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/17/618x879/soaps_corrie_rita_wedding_on_set_9.jpg
© Rex Features / McPix Ltd

In the build-up to the happy ceremony, Rita found herself embroiled in ruthless loan shark Rick Neelan's sinister world when he took her hostage.

Rick needed leverage over Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) ahead of a tense showdown with her by the canal, keen to teach the barmaid a lesson for jeopardising his latest drugs deal.

The drama that followed saw Rick threaten to throw Rita into the water unless Tina co-operated with him.

Although she was forced to hand back an expensive supply of drugs which she had seized from the garage, Tina enjoyed the last laugh when police arrived at the scene to arrest Rick, bringing their storyline to a close.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x411/soaps_corrie_7883_6_1.JPG
© ITV

Later, Rita arrived at the registry office safe and well, just in time to exchange her vows with fiancé Dennis Tanner (Philip Lowrie).

Dennis told her: "I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. And I promise to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live."

Meanwhile, Rita said: "I offer you not the summer of my life, but the autumn - warm and mellow. And I pledge you compassion in good times and bad, and I promise to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live."

After being pronounced husband and wife, Dennis and Rita headed back to Coronation Street, where a Jubilee street party was well under way.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/21/618x542/soaps_corrie_7883_12.jpg
© ITV

Although Sean Tully hailed her as the street's very own Queen, Rita told the local residents in a speech: "Oh no, just Queen for today. Now I've got the title that I've always wanted, never thought I'd have - so I'm quite happy to be Mrs Dennis Tanner.

"Some of you may not know that Dennis and I met right there in The Rovers in 1964, and we were very happy 'till one day he said, 'I'm going to go for a newspaper'. Took him 40 years to find that Kabin! I'm glad he did. We're very happy and thank you all."

In a change to the usual schedule, Coronation Street will continue on Wednesday evening (June 6) as fans discover whether it really is the end for Tina and Tommy following the recent turmoil in their relationship.

tammyy2j
06-06-2012, 15:15
Jimmi Harkishin tells Soaplife how Dev finds out that Sunita has been cheating on him - and reveals what Dev does about it!

Dev has no idea that Sunita and Karl are having an affair when he nearly catches them in the shop...
"Dev is dressed as Adam Ant [for a street party], Karl is Tom Jones and Sunita is Beyonce, so it is quite comical. Karl dives behind the counter. It's a heightened Corrie reality and funny because he doesn't catch them at it. It's much more serious when he finally confronts her about whether there is someone else."

Sunita tells Dev she's not sure that she loves him. How does he feel?
"He deeply loves his children and cares about the family unit. This happening has made him stand up and take stock. It's like someone holding up a mirror to him and making him look at his life and question it."

Then when he finds her with a packed bag he realises there is another man...
"He says to her, 'I know there is somebody else, but I don’t want to know any details just come back'. He's devastated, but he is prepared to take a lot and forgive a lot if it means keeping his family together. I don't know if he's ever going to find out her lover is Karl and it would be great to have that sitting there as a timebomb with the viewers knowing something Dev doesn't know."

What advice would you give to Dev if he was your friend?
"I would say, 'Dev, mate, you've tried your best. Throw her out and find a 22-year-old with a bit of cash.'"