PDA

View Full Version : Zoe could have asked Alfe's advice.....

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 16:42
Zoe didn't need to go through what she did alone - stupid though she was. When Den kept on bullying her and blackmailing her, instead of getting Jake into trouble, even if she was too embarassed to tell he family she could surely have gone to Alfe. They have a real father-daughter relationship. She could have asked his advice and surely he would have told her what to do.

Bryan
27-06-2005, 16:45
eastenders dont think of things like that do they???

and besides den got her involved in the say you're pregnant malarchy...at the time den was making out he was supporting zoe and he could help her so she turned to him and he ended up leading her to his bed :sick:

bondboffin

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 16:47
True. But when he kept pestering her she could have realised he wasn't really helping and asked Alfe what to do. Surely? Yes it was natural to ask Den at the time but when he offers to make her pregnant she should have seen he was up to no good.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 16:49
She probably didn't because the producers wanted the storyline they had. All soaps are guilty of this. 50% of the storylines wouldn't happen had they all done this or that.

Bryan
27-06-2005, 16:50
True. But when he kept pestering her she could have realised he wasn't really helping and asked Alfe what to do. Surely? Yes it was natural to ask Den at the time but when he offers to make her pregnant she should have seen he was up to no good.

she needed to become pregnant to keep the love of her life. she tried one nights stands (jake) but that backfired and she needed to come prgenant fast and so she had no option but to sleep with den or loose her love, and alfie would have told her to tell dennis the truth and that would only reuslt in her loosing dennis

bondboffin

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 17:00
She should have let him be with Sharon then - and ages ago even before Den returned (not fromthe dead but from the moment Dennis gave Sharon that toy). Yes He's the love of her life but at least now she's done something decent and told the truth and allowed himto be with Sharon. It isn't fair otherwise. This was not like Kat and Any, sshe did have a choice though Den did blackmail her. It was a stupid thing to do. o wonder Dennis was so hocked. True Alfe would have told her to tell the truth but thats the right thing to do and he would also have sorted Den out or tried to. If I were Chrissie I would drag him to the front of the entire pub and force him to admit the truth rather than kill him. If I were Zoe the moment Den said that Zoe had something to say I would have slappe his face and said "No I'nm certainly not going to fake a pregnancy to keep him. I love him but I'd rather he was happy with Sharon than lie to him".

Treacle
27-06-2005, 17:01
And besides Kat wasn't even around so Alfie didn't really have any reason to talk to her.

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 17:01
alfie would have told her to tell dennis the truth and that would only reuslt in her loosing dennis

bondboffin

True but surely thats better than going through something so traumatic and which is unfir on Chrissie too as well as Dennis.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 17:02
True but surely thats better than going through something so traumatic and which is unfir on Chrissie too as well as Dennis.
Chrissie is NOT a fair person herself.

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 17:03
And besides Kat wasn't even around so Alfie didn't really have any reason to talk to her.

Good point. It was only an idea. I mean he would have beenthe ideal person to turn to when Den began to bully her and her mum wasn't about.

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 17:03
Yeah thats true. Making Zoe think she killed Den.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 17:04
Good point. It was only an idea. I mean he would have beenthe ideal person to turn to when Den began to bully her and her mum wasn't about.
The Slaters would have been more ideal.

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 17:09
Perhaps. At least she told them now.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 17:11
They've always been such a close family. It was a shame when they all had problems but didn't talk to eachother about them.
Kat's drink problem etc and when she left she didn't even say goodbye!

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 17:13
Yeah I know. I suppose marital/relationship problemscannot really be discussed freely in front of family.

Bryan
27-06-2005, 17:23

zoe is a very selfish person: she always wants to get everything: jamie, ronny, dennis

and she dosnet care what hurt it will cause otherwise

saying that ive realised that im glad the venemous little cow has gone!

bondboffin

Treacle
27-06-2005, 17:27
zoe is a very selfish person: she always wants to get everything: jamie, ronny, dennis

bondboffin
Chrissie is also venonmous. I think it's fair to call Zoe a victim. If she hadn't been lied to and cheated on by Dennis then none of this would have happened in the first place.

Carrie Bradshaw
27-06-2005, 17:29
I'm sure I remember her speaking to Alfie at one point, but I think it was prob after everything happened. Obviously, she didn't tell him much and it was more about how they both missed Kat.

melanielovesdennisrickman
27-06-2005, 17:44

bondboffin

Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Was Thinking That,She Always Steals Other Peoples Boyfriends,Just Because She Wants Them,And She Will Do Anything To Get Them,And She Is Not Bothered About Who She Will Hurt When She Tries And Gets Them!!!!!
I Am Also Really Glad That She Is Finally Gone!!!!!
Please EastEndeRs,Never Ever Bring That Zoe Slater Girl Back,Please EastEndeRs!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Treacle
27-06-2005, 17:55
Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Was Thinking That,She Always Steals Other Peoples Boyfriends,Just Because She Wants Them,And She Will Do Anything To Get Them,And She Is Not Bothered About Who She Will Hurt When She Tries And Gets Them!!!!!
I Am Also Really Glad That She Is Finally Gone!!!!!
Please EastEndeRs,Never Ever Bring That Zoe Slater Girl Back,Please EastEndeRs!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:
I think they should bring her back in the future - she was a good character.

Jade
27-06-2005, 18:24
They should bring her back in the future but with a bit of a minor personality transplant!! She could come back from Ibiza more confident and wordly wise.

Alfie wouldnt have known whats going on, he too busy trying to tap up his wife's sister. He coldnt help himself out of the mess with Andy, so he's unlikely to be able to help Zoe.

Alisha
27-06-2005, 18:24
I don't buy this victim thing with Zoe. She is far from that. She is 21 not 12 and jumed into bed with a 57 year old man because she was desperate to keep her bloke. Then she starts moaning afterwards saying it was Den's fault when she agreed sex with him- manipuated or not she made the choice and a selfish one it was. I'm not saying that Sharon and Dennis are blameless but I don't see her as a victim. Thats what she saw hersef as but I didn't fall for it.

Also, Little Mo offered to talk to her many times but Zoe refused to tell her.

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 18:32
I think she was a ood charecter oo. I suppose to e fair ou camn't say Zoe stole Dennis from Sharon because Den split Shannis up and then Dennis tried to move on but she shouldnt have lied to him whatever Den said. Den would not have been able to do a thing if Zoe had said No I refuse to lie to him.

Angeldelight
27-06-2005, 19:27
she needed to become pregnant to keep the love of her life. she tried one nights stands (jake) but that backfired and she needed to come prgenant fast and so she had no option but to sleep with den or loose her love, and alfie would have told her to tell dennis the truth and that would only reuslt in her loosing dennis

bondboffin

but she lost him anyway... she should have told Den to stick it then told Dennis she'd had a miscarriage... he would have believed her... he still might have left... but she wouldn't be in the mess she is now...

stapler
27-06-2005, 19:32
But Zoe twisted the knife. I mean, there was nothing really stopping Dennis moving across the square with Sharon and being a weekend father to the imaginary child, but Zoe played on this. She knew they could easily have walked away and left her 'pregnant' so she went to Sharon after Den told her of her infertility and pretended she hadn't a clue; she manipulated Sharon into leaving, she emotionally blackmailed Dennis into staying, therefore I tihnk it was her that stol Dennis from Sharon and not Den.

Angeldelight
27-06-2005, 19:36
But Zoe twisted the knife. I mean, there was nothing really stopping Dennis moving across the square with Sharon and being a weekend father to the imaginary child, but Zoe played on this. She knew they could easily have walked away and left her 'pregnant' so she went to Sharon after Den told her of her infertility and pretended she hadn't a clue; she manipulated Sharon into leaving, she emotionally blackmailed Dennis into staying, therefore I tihnk it was her that stol Dennis from Sharon and not Den.

i agree Den may have manipulated Zoe... but she spoke to Sharon, manipulated her... used Sharon's infertility againist her... then lied to Dennis again and again... she could have stopped what happened at any moment... but she didn't... ZOE broke up Sharon and Dennis... not Den... he just thouhg tof the plan...

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 20:37
Hmm yeah I suppose. Interesting points.

Jade
27-06-2005, 20:40
At the mo, Sharon and Dennis are together and Zoe's gone, I think we should leave it at that. What with all the exciting things comming up for Sharon and Dennis and the Mitchells returning, the path of true love never runs smothly!!!

Zoe's gone and forgotten now :)

Treacle
27-06-2005, 20:42
I don't buy this victim thing with Zoe. She is far from that. She is 21 not 12 and jumed into bed with a 57 year old man because she was desperate to keep her bloke. Then she starts moaning afterwards saying it was Den's fault when she agreed sex with him- manipuated or not she made the choice and a selfish one it was. I'm not saying that Sharon and Dennis are blameless but I don't see her as a victim. Thats what she saw hersef as but I didn't fall for it.

Also, Little Mo offered to talk to her many times but Zoe refused to tell her.
She did do wrong things but she was a victim in some cases. Chrissie made her a victim by pretending she was a murderer etc.

Alisha
27-06-2005, 20:53
Chrissie made her a victim by pretending she was a murderer etc.
Yes that I agree with :thumbsup: but she is not a victim with what happened with Den and her choice to lie.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 21:33
Yes that I agree with :thumbsup: but she is not a victim with what happened with Den and her choice to lie.
She was a victim to the fact she was made to believe she killed Den and she was also a victim to the fact that Dennis was never truly hers to start with but yes she did make most of her wrong decisions in her life off her own back and most of them were selfish. Still don't agree with what some people did to her though.

Jade
27-06-2005, 21:34
Are we not having this conversation on another thread as well??

Treacle
27-06-2005, 21:44
Yes we are lol :)

Alisha
27-06-2005, 21:45
She was a victim to the fact she was made to believe she killed Den and she was also a victim to the fact that Dennis was never truly hers to start with but yes she did make most of her wrong decisions in her life off her own back and most of them were selfish. Still don't agree with what some people did to her though.

I don't agree with the second point to a certain degree. About Dennis -she was warned by literally everyone including Dennis. I remember a scene even before they begun dating and he told her that he would be seen with other women. She shrugged and that was it. Even when he didn't call her for weeks she still chased him like a desperate lap dog trying to make him hers knowing full well that he had just got out of a serious relationship. Then 7 weeks into their relationship they broke up because Dennis openly admitted in front of her that he didn't love her and still thought of Sharon. 2 days later she apologised and said she pushed him to far. He told her that he'll end up hurting her and he's not what she wants but she refused and took that risk and said ‘you are’. Had Zoe had her head screwed on she would have left it there and then and it wouldn’t have got this far but she did anyway and it was blatantly obvious that he still loved Sharon. Everyone could see it but she refused to accept it. Dennis was wrong for inviting her to move in and cheating on her but can’t say the signs weren't there so she has fallen foul to her own naivety really so in that circumstance I don't see her much of a victim. She didn't deserve it all but she took her chance and she learned the hard way and given her reputation with men I would had thought she's have learned from her mistakes but obviously not.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 21:47
I don't agree with the second point to a certain degree. About Dennis -she was warned by literally everyone including Dennis. I remember a scene even before they begun dating and he told her that he would be seen with other women. She shrugged and that was it. Even when he didn't call her for weeks she still chased him like a desperate lap dog trying to make him hers knowing full well that he had just got out of a serious relationship. Then 7 weeks into their relationship they broke up because Dennis openly admitted in front of her that he didn't love her and still thought of Sharon. 2 days later she apologised and said she pushed him to far. He told her that he'll end up hurting her and he's not what she wants but she refused and took that risk and said ‘you are’. Had Zoe had her head screwed on she would have left it there and then and it wouldn’t have got this far but she did anyway and it was blatantly obvious that he still loved Sharon. Everyone could see it but she refused to accept it. Dennis was wrong for inviting her to move in and cheating on her but can’t say the signs weren't there so she has fallen foul to her own naivety really so in that circumstance I don't see her much of a victim. She didn't deserve it all but she took her chance and she learned the hard way and given her reputation with men I would had thought she's have learned from her mistakes but obviously not.
She was a victim to the fact Dennis cheated on her with Sharon.

Jade
27-06-2005, 21:47
But shes gone now and Dennis and Sharon are together (for now)

Treacle
27-06-2005, 21:48
But shes gone now and Dennis and Sharon are together (for now)
She dies next month I heard.

Jade
27-06-2005, 21:49
And Dennis runs off with Chrissie

Alisha
27-06-2005, 21:49
She was a victim to the fact Dennis cheated on her with Sharon.

yesish but like I said had deep down she knew that he was never hers so had she opened her eyes some more and dumped him when she had the chance, it would never have got this far,

However when Dennis cheated on Zoe, he was at fault not her.

angelblue
27-06-2005, 21:55
Hi alisha you made an interesting point their when you said that he would see other women she shrugged that to me sound like she didnt mind at that point because in the end she he would fall madly in love with her the zoe charm would take over how wrong was she

I cant see zoe as a victim for some reason chrissie did what she did but what did zoe do to her ruined her marriage made a fool out of her among other things it not like she totally blameless her naviety borought them all to this situation and selfishness and desperation :lol:

Jade
27-06-2005, 22:01
IMHO think making someone beleive they are a murderer is alot worse than, sleeping with Den, BUT Chrissie got the ultmate revenge on them both!!!!

Treacle
27-06-2005, 22:04
There was a rumour that Zoe drinks herself to death. I don't know if it's true or not.

Jade
27-06-2005, 22:05
And I heard she comes back from Ibiza and gets pubically hanged in the square due to trying to break up Dennis and Sharon. Dont know if its true.

Treacle
27-06-2005, 22:15
And I heard she comes back from Ibiza and gets pubically hanged in the square due to trying to break up Dennis and Sharon. Dont know if its true.
What with Jane being a bloke, it's all kicking off lol :D