PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks Spoilers 28th May - 1st June 2012

Perdita
20-05-2012, 06:30
Meanwhile, memories of Silas Blissett's reign of terror come back to haunt the Hollyoaks villagers later this month as the serial killer hits the headlines once again.

Silas's name is splashed over the front pages as it has been decided that he will not face trial for his sinister crimes, having been declared insane.

Although evil Silas will be locked away in a secure facility, those who were affected by his murdering spree are devastated as they feel that justice hasn't been served.

While Riley struggles with the latest development, it's Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) who seems most affected by the controversial decision, feeling unable to move on from her terrifying ordeal with Silas.

It's not long before Mercedes's behaviour is spiralling out of control again - will a supportive Lynsey (Karen Hassan) be able to help her?

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/20/618x414/soaps_hollyoaks_3351_1.jpg
© Lime Pictures

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/20/618x429/soaps_hollyoaks_3351_2.jpg
© Lime Pictures

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/20/618x418/soaps_hollyoaks_3353_1.jpg
© Lime Pictures

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/20/618x459/soaps_hollyoaks_3353_2.jpg
© Lime Pictures

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Monday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 30 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Perdita
22-05-2012, 06:06
Monday

Riley is rocked when Silas hits the headlines once more.

Meanwhile, Leanne worries about Doug's mood - but isn't prepared for his outburst.

Elsewhere, the Savages discover their home has been stolen, but will they find it before Dirk returns?

Also today, a chance encounter with her dad leaves Maddie shaken and struggling to compose herself before sitting her final exam, while Carmel's love life takes yet another disastrous turn.

Tuesday

Texas and Leanne comfort a confused Doug, but their efforts only succeed in distressing him further.

At the same time, an overworked Ste is forced to employ an eager Barney when Doug fails to return to the deli.

Meanwhile, Mercedes takes drastic action to forget about Silas.

Elsewhere, Esther finds herself out in the cold when she tries to comfort Maddie.

Also today, the students find themselves with some less than ideal houseguests when Will reluctantly offers shelter to his homeless family.

Wednesday

Lynsey tries to help Mercedes move on from Silas, but she refuses to listen. How far will Mercedes go to rid him from her mind?

Meanwhile, Texas takes matters in her own hands in her efforts to unite Doug and Ste, but things don't go according to plan.

Elsewhere, Riley is left questioning how well he truly knows those closest to him.

Also today, Will finds himself caught between family and friends when the Savages make themselves at home in Halls.

Thursday

A guilty Texas and Leanne attempt to fix Doug and Riley's friendship as news of Doug's sexuality spreads.

Meanwhile, Lynsey finally starts to make a breakthrough with Mercedes. However, when Riley attacks Mercedes in light of her recent behaviour, has he undone all of Lynsey's good work?

Elsewhere, Dodger's womanising ways push Will to breaking point when Dodger moves in on Ash.

Friday

Doug's friends persuade him to tell Ste how he feels, but is Doug man enough to go through with it?

Meanwhile, worried about outstaying their welcome, Dodger and Dirk move out of Halls - causing Will to question his loyalties.

Elsewhere, Mercedes and Riley grow closer, but will Mitzeee's return scupper Mercedes's dreams?

Also today, Barney is gutted when Ste is forced to sack him from the deli, but can his friends persuade him not to quit university and leave Hollyoaks for good?

tammyy2j
22-05-2012, 16:07
Mercedes McQueen loses the plot when she learns Silas Blissett will not stand trial after he is certified insane.

The brunette, who was kidnapped and held prisoner by the killer, can’t deal with the news and ends up going on a massive drinking spree.

It leads to another row with her ex-fiancé Riley Costello and she hits rock bottom.

But as our picture shows, another of Silas’ targets, Lynsey Nolan, manages to get through to Mercedes and the pair come to terms with everything they have faced.

A show insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “Silas put Mercedes through hell. So when she finds out she’s not going to get her day in court she is beside herself.

“She’s been gearing up for this day for months and it’s the only thing that has kept her going.

“She only finds out he is unfit to stand trial when it’s in the papers. It sends her over the edge and she ends up drinking.

“Luckily Lynsey gets through to her and the pair of them vow to get over everything that has happened to them together.”

lizann
24-05-2012, 12:00
I wish Silas had killed off Mercedes

Perdita
25-05-2012, 05:38
Hollyoaks' troubled mum Mercedes McQueen reaches breaking point next week as she is haunted by terrifying memories she'd rather forget.

Mercedes and the rest of the villagers are left stunned when the local newspaper announces that evil Silas Blissett won't stand trial for his sinister crimes, having been declared insane by the authorities.

While the cunning serial killer will remain locked away in a secure facility, Mercedes feels that justice hasn't been done. Recalling her horrifying experience in Silas's vault, Mercedes struggles to cope and her behaviour soon starts to spiral out of control yet again…

Digital Spy recently caught up with Jennifer Metcalfe, who plays Mercedes, to hear her thoughts on the storyline.

How does Mercedes react to the news that Silas won't stand trial?
"Mercedes tries to put on a good front, so at first she pretends that she's just put the whole thing in a box and left it there. But deep down, she's feeling quite anxious about the whole thing. She thought that it had all been put to bed, but seeing the newspaper headlines stirs things up again.

"You'll see that Mercedes is feeling quite low, scared and lonely. She also starts suffering from nightmares, which you'll see in a few scenes."

Did Mercedes ever fully recover from her ordeal with Silas?
"Well, when things upset her, Mercedes is quite good at putting them in a box and leaving them there. But I think the box is getting pretty full now! It's overflowing and the stuff with Silas is the first thing to pop back out. She'll have to deal with it now."

How does Mercedes cope with the news?
"Mercedes pretty much goes into self-destruct mode. She's hating herself and she's looking for a distraction from it all, so she calls up Doctor Browning and ends up having sex with him again.

"That turns out to be quite a big mistake, as Riley later gets wind of all this from Lynsey. Riley confronts Mercedes and he thinks that she's charged Doctor Browning for sex. He says that he doesn't want the mother of his son doing this kind of thing - and he wants her out of Bobby's life, basically!"

Does Mercedes talk Riley round?
"Well, Riley soon realises that Mercedes has made a mistake and she didn't take any money from Doctor Browning. Once he knows that, Riley soon forgives Mercedes."

Does Mercedes confide in anyone about how she's feeling?
"Mercedes confides in Lynsey as they've become quite good friends. Lynsey actually gives Mercedes some sound advice and it shows that Lynsey does care about her."

Have you enjoyed the chance to portray a proper friendship for Mercedes in her scenes with Lynsey?
"I've absolutely loved it! The thing is, pretty much all my scenes and storylines up until about a year ago were with men, so it's been quite nice to see Mercedes form a good bond with Lynsey.

"On top of that, it's great to have the friction between Mercedes and Mitzeee as well. It's been quite nice working with women for a change! Mercedes usually doesn't like women, so it's quite endearing to see that her and Lynsey have built up a bond."

Why has Mercedes found it so difficult to get over Riley?
"She still loves him, but now I think it's almost become a bit of an obsession. Because Mercedes can't have him, she wants him - and when she sees him with someone else, she doesn't like it!"

Could Riley ever forgive Mercedes?
"I don't know, it's soapland - anything could happen! I think they had quite a good bond together, but for me, I feel like that's finished with now. But we don't know whether the writers might want them to reunite - we'll just have to wait and see."

Does Mercedes have maternal feelings for Bobby now?
"It's a bit weird, because I think Mercedes feels that when she's getting closer to Riley, she can bond a bit more with Bobby as well. But when Riley forgets her, she finds it a lot more difficult to cope with Bobby."

Mercedes often tells people that she can change. Is she being genuine or just pretending?
"I think she's convinced that she can, but then she realises the hard way that she can't! That means she gets even more disappointed with herself. When she says that she's going to change, she actually means it - she just can't sustain it!"

What was your take on Mercedes's recent stalking storyline?
"I think it worked for her, and the audience always seem to forgive her for some silly reason, which is brilliant for me. No matter how much she pushes the boundaries, the audience seems to like what she does. I very rarely get bad feeling from the people who watch it, and I think it's good that me and the writers have created that."

Will she carry on terrorising Mitzeee?
"I don't know - I don't know what to expect from that girl anymore! But I quite liked the storyline and I'd like to see it explored some more."

We've heard you've had a hectic filming schedule recently so there must be more drama to come…
"Yeah, I have - and that's brilliant. It's hard sometimes to fit life round it, but work is the priority. When they're producing really good stuff for me to do and I'm going into work feeling excited, it's not a chore at all and I look forward to it every day."

Are you sticking around on Hollyoaks for the foreseeable future?
"For the foreseeable future, I'm very happy. The writers and producers keep coming up with more and more amazing stuff for me, so there's no reason why I'd want to leave!"