PDA

View Full Version : The Voice UK 2013 Series Two

Perdita
03-05-2012, 06:39
The Voice UK coach Sir Tom Jones has claimed that he, Jessie J, will.i.am and Danny O'Donoghue will all return for a second series of the show.

The legendary singer confirmed that talks with the BBC have already begun and he has made it clear that he wants to come back.

"The BBC has already asked me to come back for the next series and I've said yes," The Mirror quotes him as saying. "We have already begun discussions.

"They are ongoing but I would very much like to do it again. They're happy with the judges (sic) as we are, and it looks like all of us will be back, even will."

It has been reported that the coaches will all receive a pay rise for the next series of The Voice. willi.am is to pocket £525,000, Jones and Jessie J will reportedly receive around £260,000 and O'Donoghue will also be paid a six-figure sum.

The BBC is alleged to have ordered a revamp of The Voice UK's live shows after ratings fell for its last weekend's instalments.

alan45
03-05-2012, 10:29
FFS 2012 isnt even over yet and we already have a thread for 2013

JustJodi
05-05-2012, 13:36
"It has been reported that the coaches will all receive a pay rise for the next series of The Voice. willi.am is to pocket £525,000, Jones and Jessie J will reportedly receive around £260,000 and O'Donoghue will also be paid a six-figure sum. "

How come some one like Willi.am gets paid more than a legendary singer does ???? Just wondering ....

Perdita
08-08-2012, 08:34
Holly Willoughby has admitted to Look that she may not host The Voice UK for its second series.

Tom Jones and Jessie J will reportedly not reprise their mentoring roles, though Danny O'Donoghue has said that he wants to come back.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/32/618x929/holly_look_1.jpg
© Ruby Ford/Look

Asked if she will present the show again, Willoughby said: "I don't know yet. I think we're just waiting for the dust to settle.

"You don't do a job for the ratings; you do it because you care about the show. And I love The Voice, I think it's brilliant!"

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/32/618x929/holly_look_2.jpg
© Ruby Ford/Look

Asked if she is proud of her body, she replied: "Yes, I'm so proud because it produced two children.

"And I'm proud of my brain because I can interview the Prime Minister one day and talk to someone with two vaginas the next."

Willoughby said that she watches herself back on TV and added: "It's really important to. When I started, I noticed I kept moving my head up and down.

"I'd watch and think, 'Stop nodding!' And I say 'amazing' and 'insane' all the time, but I blame [friend and fellow presenter] Fearne [Cotton] for that."

Holly Willoughby is the face of Oral-B 3D White and models exclusively in the latest issue of Look magazine, out now.

tammyy2j
08-08-2012, 10:06
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?132829-The-Voice-UK-2013

Is there a second show next year also :p

Perdita
08-08-2012, 12:03
sorry, did not come up on search :(

Perdita
08-08-2012, 12:05
Holly Willoughby has admitted to Look that she may not host The Voice UK for its second series.

Tom Jones and Jessie J will reportedly not reprise their mentoring roles, though Danny O'Donoghue has said that he wants to come back.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/32/618x929/holly_look_1.jpg
© Ruby Ford/Look

Asked if she will present the show again, Willoughby said: "I don't know yet. I think we're just waiting for the dust to settle.

"You don't do a job for the ratings; you do it because you care about the show. And I love The Voice, I think it's brilliant!"

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/32/618x929/holly_look_2.jpg
© Ruby Ford/Look

Asked if she is proud of her body, she replied: "Yes, I'm so proud because it produced two children.

"And I'm proud of my brain because I can interview the Prime Minister one day and talk to someone with two vaginas the next."

Willoughby said that she watches herself back on TV and added: "It's really important to. When I started, I noticed I kept moving my head up and down.

"I'd watch and think, 'Stop nodding!' And I say 'amazing' and 'insane' all the time, but I blame [friend and fellow presenter] Fearne [Cotton] for that."

Holly Willoughby is the face of Oral-B 3D White and models exclusively in the latest issue of Look magazine, out now.

tammyy2j
11-02-2013, 16:04
Voice UK has confirmed details of its new format for series two.

The BBC talent contest - which again features will.i.am, Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue as coaches - has introduced a 'steal' twist to the battle rounds and a new 'knockout' stage prior to the live shows.

The 'steal' will give judges the option to recruit losers of the head-to-head battles to their teams after being snubbed by the coach they sided with in the blind auditions.

Following each battle round, the losing act will be given the chance to pitch to the coaches why they deserve to stay in the competition. Coaches will then have an allotted period of time to decide whether to press the buttons on their spinning red chairs and 'steal' the singer.

As with the blind auditions, if more than one coach attempts to 'steal', the power will shift back to the artist to decide whose team they want to join.

Each coach can only steal one artist during the entirety of the battle rounds, meaning they will have to choose wisely.

The coaches will then head into the 'knockout' stage with seven team members each - the six winners of the battles between the 12 they recruited at the blind auditions, plus their one stolen contestant.

In this round, artists will perform a 'killer song' of their choosing and the coaches will each pick three members of their team to go through to the live shows, creating a final 12 for the public vote.

The Voice UK is expected to launch on BBC One in mid-March, with Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates returning as hosts.

tammyy2j
11-02-2013, 16:06
Could this be merged with other thread please

lizann
12-02-2013, 22:31
no more about last year's winner

JustJodi
07-03-2013, 15:47
So all of the COACHES will be back,, well wow,,, I am IMPRESSED cos Tom Jones is taking a real low pay,,, Willi am is taking alot of moola,, is he that GOOD ??? I am just asking cos I do not know anything about him. Danny O Donogue should be raking in the same amount as Jessie J and Tom Jones at least,,, I still can not understand why Willi.am is getting paid so much????????

Perdita
12-03-2013, 09:50
A return date for The Voice UK has been confirmed by the BBC.

The second series of the talent contest will debut on Saturday, March 30, the same night as Doctor Who returns, according to the BBC One Twitter page.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/10/618x433/realitytv-the-voice-uk-season-2-judges.jpg
© BBC / Wall to Wall/David Venni
The Voice UK Season 2 promotional picture

This is also two weeks before the April 14 start date for Britain's Got Talent's seventh series given by David Walliams last month.

Last year, the two shows launched directly opposite each other, sparking a high-profile ratings war ultimately won by ITV's Britain's Got Talent.

The confirmation of The Voice UK's launch date follows on from the unveiling of a new trailer featuring its four coaches, Jessie J, will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue.

A new promo shot was also unveiled for the series, showing all the judges posing in front of an old-fashioned condenser microphone.

Series two will introduce a 'steal' twist for the battle rounds and a brand new 'knockout' stage among other format tweaks.

Perdita
14-03-2013, 12:18
Saturday 30 March

Last year’s hit entertainment series The Voice returns to BBC One and begins the search for the UK’s next exciting vocal talent. Unconcerned with appearance, the auditions are about one thing and one thing only: the voice.
The series kicks off with a spectacular group performance by the four megastar Coaches - Jessie J, will.i.am, Danny O’Donoghue and Sir Tom Jones, and the first of the Blind Auditions.

The famous red chairs are back and turning as each coach carefully picks the voices he or she wants to work with based solely on what they hear and their musical intuition – and with the chance to be personally mentored and taught by four music superstars, the artists will be hoping that at least one coach hits their famous button and turns their chair for them.

Each coach must form a team of 12 artists, and they'll use every trick, every name drop, every statistic to persuade the very best to join their team.

Once each coach has a full team, they will advise and train them through the remaining stages until one Artist is named 'The Voice UK'.

tammyy2j
21-03-2013, 16:17
Let the chair turning begin :p

Perdita
26-04-2013, 21:00
Hollyoaks actress Alice Barlow captures the Voice UK coaches' attention with her voice - and also her looks - on this week's Blind Auditions show.

The actress-turned-singer's rendition of 'Call Me Maybe' and revealing outfit provoke a strong reaction from Danny O'Donoghue and Sir Tom Jones.

"I know a great voice when I hear it," says Tom after her audition has ended. Meanwhile, Danny appears to be equally impressed by what he sees as what he hears.

"She is a good looking girl as well," he tells his co-stars.

The Voice UK airs on Saturday (April 27) at 8.05pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
15-06-2013, 23:22
Anyone watching, finale is next week kinda hope Mike or Leah win

Perdita
16-06-2013, 17:11
Matt Henry, Andrea Begley, Leah McFall and Mike Ward have reached the final of The Voice UK.

The four acts will now compete in next Saturday's (June 22) final to be crowned the winner of the 2013 series.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/24/300x225/uktv-the-voice-150613-10.jpg]
© BBC / Wall to Wall
Matt Henry

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/24/300x225/uktv-the-voice-150613-4.jpg
© BBC / Wall to Wall
Leah McFall

Ash Morgan, Karl Michael, Cleo Higgins and Joseph Apostol were knocked out of the competition at the semi-final stage

Higgins told host Holly Willoughby that she had known she wouldn't progress to the grand final ahead of favourite Leah McFall but thanked viewers for their support.

Her mentor will.i.am told her that he would love to work with her following her departure.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/24/300x225/uktv-the-voice-150613-2.jpg
© BBC / Wall to Wall
Mike Ward

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/24/300x225/uktv-the-voice-150613-13.jpg
© BBC / Wall to Wall
Andrea Begley

Earlier in the evening, the acts took to the stage with their respective coaches as well as performing individually.

Team Jessie performed a rendition of Rihanna's recent single 'Stay', while Team Danny attempted Passenger's current hit 'Let Her Go'.

will.i.am, Cleo and Leah's performance of Blondie's Rapture featured a breakdance from the 'Scream & Shout' singer, and Sir Tom Jones and his team took on Joe South's 'Games People Play'.

The Voice UK grand final airs next Saturday at 7.15pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
19-06-2013, 16:03
The Voice UK coaches will perform together in the final, it has been confirmed.

The BBC One series concludes on Saturday night as one of the four finalists – Leah McFall, Mike Ward, Matt Henry and Andrea Begley – is crowned winner.

As well as their solo performances, their coaches will team up for another group performance.

Earlier in the series, Jessie J, Will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones and Danny O’Donoghue took to the stage for a medley of rock songs.

And they’ll do at it all again on Saturday with “a banger” of a song.

The official Voice Twitter teased: “In other news, did we mention that our coaches are performing together on Saturday? They are. And one might describe the song as “a banger”.”

In the grand final, total power lies with the viewers as each of the four finalists face the public vote in a bid to be crowned winner of The Voice UK 2013 and win a lucrative recording contract.

Each artist performs a song of their choice and also sings a duet with their mentor. The act with the lowest number of votes then leaves the competition and the remaining three perform their favourite song from this series.

At the end of the show, Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates will reveal the results of the public vote and announce the winner of The Voice UK 2013

tammyy2j
19-06-2013, 16:03

alan45
23-06-2013, 01:07
Andrea Begley has won the final of this year's series of The Voice on BBC One.

The partially-sighted 27-year-old from Pomeroy, County Tyrone's prize is a "lucrative" recording contract.

She told supporters: "I will try my best to put your vote to good use". Her mentor, Danny O'Donoghue, described her as "an inspiration".

Leah McFall had been the bookmakers' favourite, but failed to win enough votes with her renditions of Loving You and and I Will Always Love You.

Immediately after the result was announced, Begley said she "never, ever, ever could have imagined" winning the contest, adding: "I have to thank everyone at home for voting for me."

'Knock down walls'
She had chosen to sing My Immortal by Evanescence, before joining O'Donoghue's band The Script to perform Hall Of Fame, and then singing Angel by Sarah McLachlan in the final round.

O'Donoghue, an Irish singer-songwriter, told the audience how proud he was of his mentee.

Begley received warm congratulations for her mentor, O'Donoghue
"It just proves that a great, great singer with a great song, you can knock down walls, you can smash down anything they put in front of you," he said.

Turning to Begley, he added: "You're an inspiration to me. I've learned more from you than you have from me."

On Saturday evening, each artist performed two songs live on BBC 1, one of which was a duet with their coach.

The act with the lowest number of votes was Birmingham singer Matt Henry, who was the first to leave the final despite a spirited duet rendition of Never Too Much by Luther Vandross with his mentor Jessie J, and an elaborately choreographed solo performance of David Gray's Babylon.

The remaining three contenders, Begley, Belfast's McFall and Mike Ward, from Salford, then performed their favourite song from this series.

McFall won plaudits from the four coaches for her performance of Minnie Riperton's Lovin' You, known for its forays into the top end of the vocal register.

Sir Tom Jones declared: "It's amazing. Her control is fantastic, the whole thing, all the way through it was really, really great."

Ward said the opportunity to perform with his coach, Sir Tom, was "incredible - he's one of the reasons I got into country music".

But his rendition of Don't Close Your Eyes by Keith Whitely came under fire from McFall's coach Will.i.am, who said: "I thought there were some parts that were flat."

In the subsequent round of voting, Begley won more votes than her rivals and took the title.

The evening's entertainment had kicked off with a lively collaboration between all four coaches on Daft Punk's Get Lucky, in which Will.i.am wielded a keytar.

There were also cameo performances from Robbie Williams, Dizzee Rascal and Michael Bublé.

alan45
23-06-2013, 01:07
Andrea Begley has won the final of this year's series of The Voice on BBC One.

The partially-sighted 27-year-old from Pomeroy, County Tyrone's prize is a "lucrative" recording contract.

She told supporters: "I will try my best to put your vote to good use". Her mentor, Danny O'Donoghue, described her as "an inspiration".

Leah McFall had been the bookmakers' favourite, but failed to win enough votes with her renditions of Loving You and and I Will Always Love You.

Immediately after the result was announced, Begley said she "never, ever, ever could have imagined" winning the contest, adding: "I have to thank everyone at home for voting for me."

'Knock down walls'
She had chosen to sing My Immortal by Evanescence, before joining O'Donoghue's band The Script to perform Hall Of Fame, and then singing Angel by Sarah McLachlan in the final round.

O'Donoghue, an Irish singer-songwriter, told the audience how proud he was of his mentee.

Begley received warm congratulations for her mentor, O'Donoghue
"It just proves that a great, great singer with a great song, you can knock down walls, you can smash down anything they put in front of you," he said.

Turning to Begley, he added: "You're an inspiration to me. I've learned more from you than you have from me."

On Saturday evening, each artist performed two songs live on BBC 1, one of which was a duet with their coach.

The act with the lowest number of votes was Birmingham singer Matt Henry, who was the first to leave the final despite a spirited duet rendition of Never Too Much by Luther Vandross with his mentor Jessie J, and an elaborately choreographed solo performance of David Gray's Babylon.

The remaining three contenders, Begley, Belfast's McFall and Mike Ward, from Salford, then performed their favourite song from this series.

McFall won plaudits from the four coaches for her performance of Minnie Riperton's Lovin' You, known for its forays into the top end of the vocal register.

Sir Tom Jones declared: "It's amazing. Her control is fantastic, the whole thing, all the way through it was really, really great."

Ward said the opportunity to perform with his coach, Sir Tom, was "incredible - he's one of the reasons I got into country music".

But his rendition of Don't Close Your Eyes by Keith Whitely came under fire from McFall's coach Will.i.am, who said: "I thought there were some parts that were flat."

In the subsequent round of voting, Begley won more votes than her rivals and took the title.

The evening's entertainment had kicked off with a lively collaboration between all four coaches on Daft Punk's Get Lucky, in which Will.i.am wielded a keytar.

There were also cameo performances from Robbie Williams, Dizzee Rascal and Michael Bublé.

Katy
23-06-2013, 14:40
well derserved her voice is beautiful! full of so much emotion.

tammyy2j
23-06-2013, 18:00
I am glad Jessie's act didn't win, didn't mind who out of the other three won

I hope Danny will work with Andrea on her album, I would buy her versions of My Immortal and Arms of the Angel

lizann
24-06-2013, 20:39
will this year's winner fair better than last year's let's hope so

tom jones is still some legend still has an amazing voice, grew up listening to him as the parents loved him and myself now am a fan today never saw him live but been to a few tribute act shows and they have been great hugely enjoyable