PDA

View Full Version : Maverick Sabre

Perdita
02-05-2012, 20:00
Hollyoaks bosses have announced that singer-songwriter Maverick Sabre is to star in upcoming episodes of the soap.

The Mercury-signed artist will appear as part of a storyline which sees Savage brothers Dodger (Danny Mac) and Will (James Atherton) go head-to-head in competing events to raise funds to house their family.

Will raises the stakes by promising a headline act to boost ticket sales for his music event, but his plans end up in jeopardy when the stage is left empty and the punters become restless.

However, a possible lifeline transpires when Will's eccentric cousin Dennis (Joe Tracini) recruits Sabre to perform in the Hollyoaks village - which may just save the day.

Sabre's first appearance in Hollyoaks will be in an E4-only special airing on Thursday, June 7 at 7pm. He then turns up in the main 6.30pm show on Channel 4 the following evening.

As the E4 special replaces the usual first-look preview, the first time viewers will see Sabre perform will be on Channel 4 on Friday, June 8.

Hollyoaks bosses are also inviting viewers to apply for free tickets to watch Sabre perform. Filming takes place at the soap's Liverpool base on Saturday, May 19 and full details are available on the Hollyoaks website.

Perdita
07-06-2012, 22:02
Maverick Sabre has declared that he will not turn to acting in the future.

The 'I Need' rapper is appearing as himself in Friday's Hollyoaks to conclude the teen soap's 'Enchanted Forest Week'.

Sbre told PA: "I'm not an actor I'm a musician, so that's me, I'll keep it straightforward. I'm a musician so I'd just be a geeky musician playing a couple of songs in the corner, that's me."

Explaining how he landed the cameo role, he added: "It came about through my label and in conjunction with Hollyoaks. We teamed up to get me in the programme to promote the single 'I Used To Have It All' and the album Lonely are the Brave."

Hollyoaks character Will (James Atherton) recruits the 21-year-old singer-songwriter to the village's music event to raise money for their cash-strapped family.

It was confirmed that Sabre would perform in the Channel 4 show last month.