PDA

View Full Version : Corrie Spolers week commencing 26th March

alan45
13-03-2012, 15:04
Coronation Street's David Platt and Audrey Roberts are to go head-to-head in a bitter war over the salon.

Audrey (Sue Nicholls) kicks off the battle in a fortnight's time, when she announces plans to go on a round-the-world cruise with charmer Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers) following their recent reunion.

As all of Audrey's funds are tied up in the business, she asks David (Jack P Shepherd) to sign the salon back over to her, which will allow her to finance the planned holiday.

However, Soaplife reports that David and Gail are both outraged by Audrey's request - especially as they fear that Lewis is up to no good again.

Desperate to make sure that his gran doesn't get conned, David refuses to sign over the salon - sparking a huge battle of wills between the pair.

With the Platts at war, who'll come out on top? And will things go too far?

Coronation Street launches this story on Monday, March 26 on ITV1.

tammyy2j
13-03-2012, 15:56
I am on team David here

meggieloo1998
13-03-2012, 17:46
Isn't everyone :)

shalagee
13-03-2012, 22:36
I'm certainly not I find the actor who plays the part of David Platt very annoying.

CrazyLea
13-03-2012, 22:40
I agree with Shalagee.. saying that I find all the Platts annoying, but particularly Gail and David, so go Audrey :)

alan45
13-03-2012, 23:17
I agree. I don't see why she signe the salon over to devil boy in the first place

shalagee
14-03-2012, 00:00
I agree with Shalagee.. saying that I find all the Platts annoying, but particularly Gail and David, so go Audrey :) Oh my yes! Gail is just like fingernails on a chalkboard.

parkerman
14-03-2012, 07:31
I am on team David here

Isn't everyone :)

No. I'm not.

We could always have a poll....

alan45
14-03-2012, 07:47
No. I'm not.

We could always have a poll....

Or a FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizann
14-03-2012, 11:26
I agree. I don't see why she signe the pub over to devil boy in the first place

David as landlord of the Rovers :p

alan45
14-03-2012, 14:07
EP: 7830 Monday 26 March 2012 19:30

Audrey stands her ground as the backlash begins.
Sunita’s eye wanders as her relationship with Dev deteriorates.
Tracy struggles to keep her cool after Craig’s rat escapes.

EP: 7831 Monday 26 March 2012 20:30

The Platts’ are shocked when Audrey reveals her plans.
Ken’s packs his bags after failing to reason with his family.
Eileen confides in Julie after struggling to cope with Lesley.

EP: 7832 Thursday 29 March 2012 20:30

Audrey teaches David a lesson as they fight for the Salon.
A teary Eileen comforts Lesley when things get out of hand.
Steve regrets putting Ken up as the Barlows’ feud continues.

EP: 7833 Friday 30 March 2012 19:30

Tracy panics after Lesley disappears with Amy.
Audrey is furious as David ups his game.
Sean can’t hide his jealousy as Marcus and Maria grow closer.

EP: 7834 Friday 30 March 2012 20:30

Eileen debates her future with Paul as reality sinks in.
Audrey sacks David as the salon wars take their toll.
A frantic Steve searches for Amy.

Dazzle
14-03-2012, 16:04
I am on team David here

I am too. Surely nobody wants Audrey to hook up with, and be conned by, Lewis again!

alan45
18-03-2012, 01:29
Coronation Street's Audrey Roberts is left fighting for control of her own salon later this month as daughter Gail and grandson David team up against her.

Audrey's loved ones are appalled when they discover that she has reunited with charmer Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers), but that's just the start of the nasty surprises as she also vows to embark on a round-the-world cruise with him.

As all of Audrey's funds are tied up in the salon, she asks David (Jack P Shepherd) to sign the business back over to her, which will allow her to finance the trip. However, stubborn David refuses to do so - believing that Lewis is plotting another con and it'll all end in tears.

David has the backing of mum Gail (Helen Worth) and the pair stand firm, convincing themselves that it's their job as Audrey's family to stop her from making a huge mistake.

Playing peacemaker, Lewis suggests putting the trip on hold until he can save the money himself, but Audrey (Sue Nicholls) is adamant that the salon was signed over to David in name only and he will co-operate.

When David refuses once again, an angry Audrey accuses him of trying to steal her business from her, before bringing out the paperwork he originally signed and tearing it up.

David walks out, but Kylie (Paula Lane) urges him to keep fighting - refusing to see their nest egg threatened. Who will come out on top in the battle for the salon?

meggieloo1998
19-03-2012, 17:06
I was being sarcastic!!!;)

sarah c
19-03-2012, 17:37
I agree. I don't see why she signe the salon over to devil boy in the first place

given how astute she is in business, why on earth didnt Audrey write some conditions into the contract with David?

what's to stop him sacking her?

alan45
20-03-2012, 01:41
MONDAY

With their secret out, Audrey tells Lewis that she doesn't care what people think. As they brazen it on the street, friends and family are stunned. But Gail is furious and a row breaks out in the Bistro, which ends with Nick sending Gail home to cool off. However, when Gail comes face-to-face with Audrey and Lewis in The Rovers, she's far from cool. Appalled by what's happening, Lewis makes a passionate speech about how he loves Audrey.

Nick plays mediator, but Gail is convinced that Lewis will break Audrey's heart again and pleads with her mum not to make another mistake. Will she get through to Audrey, or will Audrey stand firm over her feelings for Lewis?

Meanwhile, as Tracy bemoans her financial state, Deirdre invites her round for tea and sympathy. However, Ken accuses her of freeloading as usual. Deirdre defends her daughter, but Ken's had enough as old resentments come to the fore.

Elsewhere, Sunita apologises to Karl for making a move on him, while Marcus wonders whether Sean's had second thoughts about adoption.

Audrey wants to get away, so she and Lewis plan a round-the-world cruise. But first she needs funds and as all her money is tied up in the salon, she just needs to get David to sign it back before they can proceed. Calling a family meeting at the Platts', Audrey explains her plans but David's outraged, convinced that Lewis is behind this and is after her money.

Steely Audrey reaffirms that the salon is hers and was signed over to David in name only. The Platts are horrified as she insists she'll have her accountant bring round the paperwork in the morning. But will David agree to sign?

Meanwhile, as Ken and Steve drown their sorrows over the complexities of living with women, a tipsy Steve tells Ken there's always a place for him at his flat if the going gets tough. Back at home, Ken finds Deirdre giving more money to Tracy and rails at her for sponging off them. A row erupts, which ends in Ken walking out. But how will Steve react when he finds Ken on his doorstep for real?

Elsewhere, Marcus agrees to help Liam prepare for his Easter Fair at nursery as Maria doesn't have time, Dev and Sunita sit down to talk about the state of their relationship, while Eileen admits to Julie that she's finding the situation with Paul and Lesley difficult.

THURSDAY

Gail and David have convinced themselves that it's their job as Audrey's family to stop her from making a mistake. Lewis suggests putting the trip on hold until he can save the money, but Audrey is adamant that it's her salon and David will sign it back. However, David refuses and as Audrey accuses him of trying to steal her business from her, she brings out the paperwork he originally signed and tears it up.

David walks out, but Kylie urges him to keep fighting - refusing to see their nest egg threatened. As David agrees to consult a solicitor, Audrey tells a worried Lewis that she's up for the fight and calls a locksmith to the salon.

Meanwhile, as Eileen worries that Paul's guilt, fear and tiredness are preventing him from doing what's best for Lesley, she struggles to get through to him. When Steve then visits with Amy, Lesley is animated and interacts well. Paul sees it as proof that Lesley's fine with them, but when she later becomes confused about who the girl was, Eileen urges Paul to see that this is the real Lesley.

Elsewhere, Steve is frustrated as Ken refuses to go home, while Sean feels sidelined as Marcus continues bonding with Liam.

FRIDAY

Eileen is struggling alone with Lesley again. When Lesley gets agitated about having no ketchup with her food, Eileen dashes off to the shop. At the same time, Amy's off school with a stomach ache and is sent into the yard for some fresh air.

Spotting her 'friend' outside, Lesley goes to play with Amy, offering to take her to the park. Soon afterwards, Eileen returns home and is horrified to see that Lesley is nowhere to be seen. As she rushes outside to look for her, Tracy is also shouting for Amy. Rounding on Eileen, Tracy demands to know what Lesley has done with her daughter.

Meanwhile, David's outraged to find that he's been locked out of the salon. Shouting that she's also removed him from the business accounts, Audrey says that if he wants a war, he's got one. Audrey hopes he'll now back down, but David and Kylie visit a solicitor, who couriers a letter to Audrey making their legal position clear. How will Audrey react?

Elsewhere, Marcus makes a stand in defence of Maria and Liam at the Easter Fair, while Steve is stunned when Ken suggests paying rent.

As the search for Lesley and Amy continues, it's Steve who finds them at the park, arguing with an ice cream van owner over payment. Settling up, Steve brings an agitated Lesley home. Back on the street, Amy's unaware of the panic and goes to hold Lesley's hand, but an angry Tracy pushes Lesley away. Confronting Tracy and then Eileen, Paul's desperate for someone to blame.

Inside, Eileen tries to calm Lesley, but Jason's had enough and lets rip at Paul, claiming that Lesley's a loose canon and he can't have it all - to play loyal husband while having his nursemaid-slash-mistress on the side. Alone with Eileen, Paul tries to defend himself, but Eileen knows Jason is right - this can't go on. What will she decide?

Meanwhile, Audrey is furious about the solicitor's letter and lambasts David for his selfishness, sacking him on the spot. Bringing up his past behaviour, Audrey claims that she should never have trusted him. She's on the attack, but alone with Lewis she breaks down - lamenting that David has stolen her salon. Worried for Audrey's health, Lewis suggests a few days away in a B&B while the dust settles. As she hands the keys to Maria, how will David react?

Elsewhere, Marcus is thrilled when Sean calls Violet and arranges for Dylan to stay for the week, while Ken enjoys working on the switch at the cab office.

Perdita
24-03-2012, 10:37
Jack P Shepherd has outlined his desire for Coronation Street character David Platt to indulge in more mischief.

Over the next fortnight, David locks horns with grandma Audrey (Sue Nicholls), who attempts to reclaim the hairdressing salon in order to raise funds for a cruise with former conman Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers).

Speaking to What's on TV, the actor revealed that he is keen for David's darker side to "continue for a while".

When asked whether he is looking forward to David's war with Audrey, Shepherd responded: "Yeah, I am! I think it's been a long time coming.

"I'm always getting asked when David's going to be nasty again."

Meanwhile, the 24-year-old added that David would go as far as to "sue" Audrey should she take back the salon.

Shepherd earlier this week told Digital Spy that David's "evil stare" will make a comeback. The soap villain has recently been involved in a string of romantic plots.

Dazzle
24-03-2012, 10:39
I was just thinking last night that I've missed evil David.

Perdita
30-03-2012, 05:42
Coronation Street's Lesley Kershaw sparks a panic as she does a disappearing act with Amy Barlow in tonight's (March 30) double bill of the soap.

Lesley (Judy Holt) spends the day in a demanding mood and when she's eager to have brown sauce with her lunch, Eileen (Sue Cleaver) rushes out to the shop to pacify her.

Left alone for a few moments, Lesley wanders outside into the back yard and soon meets new friend Amy, who has taken the day off school as she's unwell.

When Eileen returns, Lesley is nowhere to be seen - while a panicking Tracy (Kate Ford) is ranting about Amy being gone. When they quickly put two and two together, Tracy is furious and worried.

Fortunately, Lesley and Amy are soon found safe and well at the park - but will this incident convince Paul that Lesley now needs proper care?

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/11/618x411/soaps_corrie_7833_1.JPG
© ITV

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.