PDA

View Full Version : Whitney houston has died

thestud2k7
12-02-2012, 02:42
Whitney Houston has passed away, her publicist has said.

Reuters reports that Kristen Foster has confirmed that the singer died in Los Angeles on Saturday (February 11).

"Unfortunately, it is true," her spokesperson is quoted as saying. No further details have been officially announced.

Early reports suggest that Houston was found in her room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton hotel, where she was believed to be getting ready to attend Clive Davis's pre-Grammy gala in Los Angeles tonight. It has been claimed that the annual bash has been cancelled.

TMZ sources said that paramedics performed CPR, but she was pronounced dead at 3.55pm EST. Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen has said that there are "no obvious signs of criminal intent", adding that an investigation into the cause of death has begun

A source close to Davis, who launched Houston's career at Arista Records, told The Hollywood Reporter: "This is a sad day and it will be a sad Grammys weekend."

Houston, who starred alongside Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, was regarded by her peers and fans as the voice of a generation. Reacting to the news, Mariah Carey tweeted: "Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."

The New Jersey-born singer, who had battled with drug and alcohol addiction,, ended her 14-year marriage to singer Bobby Brown in 2006

Source: Digital spy

Perdita
12-02-2012, 05:20
RIP Whitney

Perdita
12-02-2012, 06:00
Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on August 9, 1963 in Newark, New Jersey, the youngest child of John Russell Houston, Jr and gospel singer Cissy Houston. She followed her mother, along with aunts Dionne and Dee Dee Warwick and godmother Aretha Franklin, into performing in a gospel choir at the age of 11, where she also learned how to play the piano.

After performing alongside Cissy in nightclubs as a teenager, Houston cut her recording teeth as a back-up singer on the Michael Zager Band's single 'Life's a Party', then sang backing vocals on Chaka Khan's 1978 hit 'I'm Every Woman'. Her budding singing career was put on pause as Houston was scouted to become a model, after a photographer saw her singing with her mother at New York's Carnegie Hall, and she became one of the first women of colour to appear on the cover of Seventeen magazine. Houston also featured in fashion spreads for Glamour and Cosmopolitan as well as in a TV commercial for soft drink Canada Dry.

Houston's big break as a recording artist came when she was spotted performing alongside her mother in a New York nightclub by an A&R representative from Arista Records. After watching her sing live, Arista chief Clive Davis - who was later to become Houston's mentor and friend - signed up the 19-year-old to the label.

Her debut album, simply titled Whitney Houston, was released in February 1985 to both critical acclaim and commercial success internationally, with the record spawning Billboard Hot 100 number one singles 'Saving All My Love for You', 'How Will I Know' and 'Greatest Love of All', and going on to sell over 25 million copies worldwide. It also earned her a Grammy nomination for 'Album of the Year' at the 1986 Awards, one of three nominations that year - she would win her first Grammy in the 'Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female' category for 'Saving All My Love For You'.

Follow-up albums Whitney in 1987 and 1990's I'm Your Baby Tonight continued Houston's successful streak, featuring million-selling singles such as 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)' and 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go'. During this time, she also embarked on a lucrative world tour, culminating in an appearance at a concert at London's Wembley Stadium to celebrate the then-imprisoned Nelson Mandela's 70th birthday, and founded The Whitney Houston Foundation For Children, a non-profit organisation that raised funds for the needs of children around the world. She also sang US national anthem 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at the Super Bowl in 1991.

In 1989, Houston would meet the man who would later become her husband while at the Soul Train Music Awards - after dating up-and-coming R&B star Bobby Brown for just over a year, the two wed on July 18, 1992. The couple's only daughter together, Bobbi Kristina Houston Brown, was born the following year.

1992 also saw the release of The Bodyguard, which saw Houston, in her first film role, starring alongside Kevin Costner. The movie was a huge box-office success, and its theme, a cover version of Dolly Parton's 'I Will Always Love You', would go on to become Houston's signature song. She would later take on roles in films including Waiting To Exhale and The Preacher's Wife.

Having concentrated on her acting career for most of the 1990s, Houston released her first studio album in eight years, My Love Is Your Love, in 1998. The record saw Houston show off a more modern, R&B-influenced edge, and saw her again top charts on both sides of the Atlantic. Her first greatest-hits collection was also released in 2000.

Rumours of drug use began to surround Houston in the late 1990s as she began to miss performances and turn up late to interviews, as well as appearing visibly to have lost weight. Speculation grew in early 2000 as marijuana was found in Houston and Brown's suitcases at an Hawaii airport, although charges were eventually dropped against the couple. The star went on to speak out about allegations of crack cocaine use in a now-infamous interview with US journalist Diane Sawyer, denying ever having taken the drug.

Fifth studio album Just Whitney..., released in 2002, received mixed reviews, although still sold well worldwide. Her marriage to Brown was also rumoured to be on the rocks, with the couple eventually separating in 2006. Their divorce was granted in 2007, with Houston receiving full custody of daughter Bobbi.

Sixth and most recent LP I Look to You was released in 2009, spawning hit singles 'I Look To You' and 'Million Dollar Bill'. Houston gave her first interview for seven years to Oprah Winfrey to promote the album, and admitted that she and Brown had used drugs including crack cocaine in the past. She also embarked on her first world tour in ten years, although a string of sub-par performances marred what was intended to be a triumphant comeback.

In May 2011, Houston checked into a rehabilitation centre as an outpatient for drug and alcohol problems. However, in recent months, the star's career seemed to be back on track, as it was announced that Houston would produce and star in a remake of the 1976 film Sparkle. It was also suggested that she could take on a judging position on the US version of singing competition The X Factor.

Whitney Houston was found dead in her room at the Beverly Hills Hilton hotel on Saturday afternoon (February 11), aged 48. No cause of death has yet been determined.

Siobhan
12-02-2012, 10:16
RIP Whitney but please lets not have 50 new "I will always love you" tracks...

lizann
12-02-2012, 13:44
RIP Whitney another one gone from drugs such a shame and waste of life

I was reading a few days ago she was going to be on X Factor in the UK or US as a judge

Perdita
12-02-2012, 14:32

I was reading a few days ago she was going to be on X Factor in the UK or US as a judge

Was to be X Factor USA

tammyy2j
12-02-2012, 19:23
R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzlVDlE72w&ob=av2n

lizann
12-02-2012, 23:27
Her daughter has been rushed to hospital

Perdita
13-02-2012, 06:39
Her daughter has been rushed to hospital

Bobbi Kristina Brown has been released from hospital, E! online reports.

The 18-year-old was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles earlier today (February 12), hours after the death of her mother Whitney Houston.

The only child of the late star, Bobbi was taken from the Beverly Hills Hotel on a stretcher, following reports that she had suffered a "complete breakdown".

Meanwhile, her father Bobby Brown is flying to Los Angeles, skipping a scheduled concert in Nashville tonight.

In a previously-released statement, the New Edition star asked for privacy, "especially" for his daughter Bobbi. He said: "I appreciate all of the condolences that have been directed towards my family and I at this most difficult time."

The Houston family have also thanked fans and friends of the 48-year-old for their "outpouring of love and support".

Abigail
13-02-2012, 11:04

We don't know it was a drug OD yet. It usually takes 6 - 8 weeks for toxicology results from a post-mortem. She was found in the bath which could indicate she drowned. Whether that is a complication from drug use, we'll have to wait and see.

tammyy2j
13-02-2012, 12:06
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4125129/Whitney-Houston-death-She-died-in-Beverly-Hilton-hotel-bath-after-48hr-binge.html

TMZ today reported that she had not drowned but died as a result of taking Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol.

Perdita
13-02-2012, 12:55
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4125129/Whitney-Houston-death-She-died-in-Beverly-Hilton-hotel-bath-after-48hr-binge.html

TMZ today reported that she had not drowned but died as a result of taking Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol.

A coroner examining the body of Whitney Houston has ruled that there was no "foul play" involved in her death.

The legendary singer passed away at the age of 48 on Saturday (February 11) at her hotel room in Los Angeles.

An autopsy carried out yesterday (February 12) has now been completed, though the official results have been put in a "security hold" until an investigation into her death finishes. It is speculated that they could be released in six to eight weeks' time.

However, Los Angeles Deputy Coroner Ed Winter has revealed minor details of the autopsy, saying there were "no signs of trauma" or "foul play" and confirming that Houston was found in her bathtub.

"There are reports she maybe was drowned, or overdosed, but we won't make a final determination until all the tests are in," he added.

Houston's family have been allowed to collect her body and proceed with funeral arrangements due to the cause of death being deferred.

Until the autopsy report is released, any reports on the cause of death will be speculation by the press. Shame on them, she has passed away and finding the cause of death is only important in as far as making sure she was not murdered. The media should let her rest in peace

Siobhan
13-02-2012, 13:25
I would like to know.. I would hate to see another death via drugs glorified.... we had it already with Amy and Michael... if you are going to mess with drink/drugs then you pay the price... If it is not related to either then I will apologise but I don't want my kids to grow up thinking it is ok to do this sort of thing...

Abigail
13-02-2012, 13:28

I'll take that with a pinch of salt. There is no way, even with the most advanced tests in the world, that the tox results would be able to determine that within hours of the PM. There are very few labs that have the capabilities to run complex toxicology tests. Often the samples have to be sent out of state or to another country to be examined.

Perdita
13-02-2012, 13:37
I would like to know.. I would hate to see another death via drugs glorified.... we had it already with Amy and Michael... if you are going to mess with drink/drugs then you pay the price... If it is not related to either then I will apologise but I don't want my kids to grow up thinking it is ok to do this sort of thing...

I don't have a problem with the cause of death being published once it has been established, I just don't like every newspaper in the world coming up with their own 'Exclusive' story on how somebody died without actually knowing the facts. Like Abigail said, it will take weeks, let them report on it once it has been established.

tammyy2j
13-02-2012, 14:11
I think giving her history with drugs everyone assumes that is what caused her death

lizann
13-02-2012, 16:58
We don't know it was a drug OD yet. It usually takes 6 - 8 weeks for toxicology results from a post-mortem. She was found in the bath which could indicate she drowned. Whether that is a complication from drug use, we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry I am just guessing it is drugs related

megan999
13-02-2012, 17:12
R.I.P Whitney Houston, I have always loved your music. You're one of my favourite artists.

Perdita
14-02-2012, 16:19
The funeral for the late Whitney Houston will take place this Saturday (February 18) at noon, it has been confirmed.

The 48-year-old singer died on Saturday (February 11). She was found in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Houston's body was flown to Newark, New Jersey last night and was taken to a funeral home close to the New Hope Baptist Church, where she sang as a child.

The owner of the Whigham Funeral Home is believed to have confirmed the early funeral arrangements.

Early rumours suggested that a more public funeral could be held at the 18,500-seater Prudential Centre. However, it has been claimed that the 'I Will Always Love You' star's mother wanted the service to be held inside the church.

Cissy Houston led the church's music programme for many years, where both Whitney and her cousin Dionne Warwick performed in the choir.

The Beverly Hills Police Department yesterday confirmed that Houston had been discovered unconscious underwater. Lieutenant Mark Rosen said: "As of right now, it's not a criminal investigation. We have concluded our portion of the investigation at the hotel."

Results of an autopsy, completed shortly before her body was flown back to her home city, have been placed in a security hold, pending toxicology results.

tammyy2j
23-03-2012, 10:45
Whitney Houston died from drowning in a hotel bathtub, but coroner’s officials said Thursday that heart disease and chronic cocaine use were contributing factors to the singer’s death.

The release of autopsy findings Thursday ends weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11 on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and her death has been ruled as accidental. Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner’s officials said they weren’t in excessive quantities.

Beverly Hills police said in a statement there was no evidence of wrongdoing in connection with Houston’s death.

Coroner’s spokesman Craig Harvey says cocaine and its metabolites were found in Houston’s system, and it was listed as a contributing factor in her death. He says the results indicated Houston was a chronic cocaine user.

tammyy2j
01-02-2015, 21:23
Bobbi Kristina Brown remains hospitalized one day after being found unresponsive in a bathtub. The daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, 21, has been in a medically-induced coma since late Saturday, according to Atlanta Gannett affiliate 11 Alive.

Brown was taken to the North Fulton Hospital in Roswell, Ga. after her husband, Nick Gordon, and a friend found her in the tub Saturday morning.

"(Gordon) started CPR and a police officer took over lifesaving measures until an ambulance arrived. She was transported to the hospital. Please keep her and the family in your thoughts and prayers," said officer Lisa Holland, spokeswoman for the Roswell, Ga.Police Department, who also told reporters that police had no reason to believe anything suspicious happened, and that there was nothing found in the house to make them suspect drugs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/02/01/bobbi-kristina-brown-hospital/22694131/