PDA

View Full Version : Sheila Canning

Perdita
07-02-2012, 16:18
Neighbours bosses have announced the casting of Prisoner star Colette Mann as Kyle Canning's grandmother.

The actress is to play the role of Sheila Canning, who arrives on Ramsay Street later this year to pay Kyle a surprise visit.

Billed as "much-loved and very opinionated", Sheila is a new regular character for the soap and sparks will fly as she is introduced to Kyle's girlfriend Jade (Gemma Pranita).

In a statement, Mann said that - as a mother of two grown-up sons - she is looking forward to working with younger co-star Christopher Milligan, who plays Kyle.

"Chris is a lovely boy, however like my sons, he'll wonder what has hit him after working with me for a few weeks," she joked.

Mann previously appeared on Neighbours in 1995, taking over the role of Cheryl Stark for eight weeks while lead actress Caroline Gillmer was unwell.

Her most famous role to date has been portraying Doreen Anderson on Prisoner, known as Prisoner: Cell Block H in the UK.

Perdita
07-02-2012, 16:44
Sheila and Kyle

Perdita
21-02-2012, 16:18
Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has teamed up with the show's new recruit Colette Mann to revisit his first ever screen kiss in a humorous photoshoot.

The actor, best known as Ramsay Street's Paul Robinson, shot a kissing scene with Mann over 30 years ago as they appeared on cult series Prisoner together.

At the time, Dennis was playing a teenage guest character - while Mann was portraying the regular role of Doreen Anderson.

Reflecting on the experience, Dennis commented: "I was so nervous, just hopeless. I was surrounded by this bevy of major actresses, really big stars, and here I was in my first significant ongoing role."

Meanwhile, Mann revealed that Dennis used to bounce around the set, explaining: "He couldn't stand still so the director would tell me to follow him around and when he slows down, move in on him for a two shot. I'd have to almost pounce on him - it was quite primal, actually!"

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/08/618x521/soaps_stefan_dennis_colette_mann_2.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/08/618x424/soaps_stefan_dennis_colette_mann_1.jpg

A Neighbours statement said: "It's too early to say if their Neighbours characters will be locking lips in upcoming storylines, however - from the shots posted today - the two seasoned pros are very happy to play up for the cameras if required."

As announced earlier this month, Mann has joined Neighbours to play Kyle Canning's outspoken grandmother Sheila.

Perdita
23-04-2012, 18:56
Neighbours' new recruit Colette Mann has revealed that her character Sheila Canning will interfere in her grandson Kyle's love life.

Sheila arrives on Australian screens next week as she pays Kyle (Christopher Milligan) a surprise visit, but she is far from impressed by his girlfriend Jade (Gemma Pranita).

Viewers will initially see Sheila meet Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer) and assume that she is Jade. When she is finally introduced to the real Jade, Sheila can't help but feel that Kate would be a better option for Kyle.

Mann told TV Week: "She's sure Jade is wrong for the boy - and is quite open about it!"

The actress continued: "She arrives like a galleon in full sail. It's quite the tussle, and Chris and Gemma do some great scenes together. I do love injecting some wicked humour into the street."

Neighbours bosses announced Mann's casting in February, confirming that Sheila will be a new regular character for the soap.

Perdita
21-05-2012, 11:51
Neighbours newcomer Sheila Canning makes her debut on UK screens next week as she pays a surprise visit to grandson Kyle.

Sheila receives a warm welcome from Kyle (Christopher Milligan) as she arrives on Ramsay Street, and soon enjoys meeting some of the locals as the handyman takes her on a tour of Erinsborough.

When Sheila bumps into Kate Ramsay, she wrongly assumes that she is speaking to Kyle's girlfriend Jade and is thrilled - impressed by Kate's good manners and cheerful demeanour.

It's unwelcome news for Sheila when she hears that Kate is just a friend of Kyle's, and when she is finally introduced to Jade at Number 26 later in the day, she is far from pleased!

Jade (Gemma Pranita) thinks that she has managed to make a good impression on Sheila, but in private, Sheila tells Kyle that he's with the wrong girl. How will Kyle react, and can Jade win Sheila over?

Neighbours bosses announced the casting of former Prisoner star Colette Mann as Sheila earlier this year.

Sheila is a new regular character for the soap, and Mann has said that she is enjoying injecting some "wicked humour" into the street.

Neighbours airs Sheila's first scenes on Thursday, May 31 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Perdita
31-01-2013, 16:11
Neighbours newcomer Colette Mann is preparing for a busy year on screen as she settles into her regular role as Sheila Canning.

Sheila returned to UK screens this week following a short break and will become a permanent fixture in Erinsborough as she lands a new job at Charlie's in upcoming episodes.

Show bosses today (January 31) released a picture showing Mann looking over her lines during an early morning make-up call this week.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/05/618x405/soaps-neighbours-colette-mann-sheila-canning.jpg
© Channel 5

Speaking of her early start, Mann joked: "It comes with the territory - we all have to do it and the viewers are just lucky they see me like this and not how I look when I trudge in.

"I just wish the wonderful make-up team would set up in my bathroom at home permanently so I could just wake up and be transformed!"

Neighbours chiefs are promising "big stories" for Sheila as she becomes an important part of her grandson Kyle's life and also finds herself rowing with Paul Robinson.

Mann added: "Fighting with Paul Robinson is part of the initiation process of being on Neighbours - I really am one of the family now!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

alan45
18-03-2013, 01:03
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/39/618x501/colettemann_plays_sheilacanning.jpg
There have been plenty of new additions to Neighbours in the past 12 months, but Sheila Canning is proving to be one of the standouts and is now a regular character on Ramsay Street.

Since arriving back on UK screens in January following time away, outspoken Sheila has landed a new job at Charlie's and has also been keeping an eye on her grandson Kyle's complicated love life!

Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, recently chatted to Digital Spy about life on Neighbours and what's coming up for her character.

You've been with Neighbours for a while, but now Sheila is a permanent fixture on the Street. How are you finding your time on the show as a regular character?
"There is a familiarity now with the character which makes things feel a lot more natural. I'm really enjoying it. The cast and crew are great and I love working!"

Most fans seem to agree that Sheila has been a fantastic addition to the cast!
"That's so nice to hear. Look, she's a tough old bird, but she definitely has some endearing characteristics. It's just sometimes a little harder to find those - but she is a first-class meddler!"

Sheila is certainly a very outspoken character! Do you share any similarities with her in real life?
"That, sadly, is probably the only quality I share with Sheila. We both do speak our minds when it's required. However, I think - or hope - I choose my moments better than she does. But I love it when she tells Paul what she thinks."

How involved have you been in the creation of Sheila? Are you given room to put your own stamp on the character?
"When you're playing a regular character, you certainly get to know them better than anyone - so you almost subconsciously add layers, it just happens. The producers have allowed me great leeway with her lines - and now all the directors have just given in to me, which is lovely of them."

Last year you took some time away from Neighbours to appear in a play. Are you hoping to continue juggling Neighbours with other projects?
"The play had been in the pipeline before I took on the role of Sheila and at the time, she was a guest character. Now she is a regular, taking those sort of sabbaticals is more difficult, but I don't mind as I'm loving what I'm doing."

What is your co-star Christopher Milligan, who plays Kyle, like to work with?
"He is heaven on a stick, and one of the most prepared young actors I've worked with. The relationship between us on screen and off is one of the most valued friendships I have had in my life. But I admit there is probably way too much laughing going on when we do work together!"

At the moment, Sheila is quite concerned that Georgia is trying to seduce Kyle. Do you think there's any chance that Sheila could warm to Georgia in the long run?
"I think everyone goes through a screening process with Sheila, but what you have to remember is that family is everything to her, so her grandson's welfare will always come first. She will give anyone close to him a really hard time for a while."

There's also a real rivalry between Sheila and Lou Carpenter, but usually in soapland, there's a fine line between love and hate! Do you think there's any chance of a Sheila/Lou romance?
"No, I think these characters work best when they are at each other's throats, and that also provides much more scope for the writers in terms of humour. Besides, Tom and I did that when I stood in for Caroline Gillmer in 1995!"

As you mentioned there, you took over from Caroline in the role of Cheryl Stark for a short time in 1995. What are your memories of that experience?
"I was told on the Friday that I was starting on the Monday. As we were filming, the different actors in the scenes were wheeled in, and someone was on the sideline explaining who they were, what our relationship was and handed me my lines. It was like that for the first two weeks. But I think I got better eventually."

After appearing temporarily as Cheryl, did you ever imagine that you'd be back on Neighbours so many years later?
"It's certainly not unusual to return to Ramsay Street. Just in my relatively short time on the show, we've had quite a number of former cast return for guest appearances - Nicola Charles, Kirsty Child and Melissa Bell - so I have to admit it was on my bucket list, and now I am back as my own character!"

Did that early experience on Neighbours help to prepare you for joining second time around, or is the show completely different now?
"Well, that was a long time ago and I've done a lot since then, but part of this business is being able to adapt to new situations.

"The fundamentals of the show are the same, but it's moved with the times in terms of the way it is shot. And of course, technology has advanced and the style of acting has been refined. I would be a bit nervous if things had not changed!"

Neighbours fans were crying out for another 'grandparent' character for a long time before Sheila came along. Do you think the show has the balance right now in terms of age groups?
"Yes, I do actually. The Kennedys, Lou and Sheila fill the matriarchal and patriarchal roles, and then you have the new parents, the Turners and, coming up, the Willises. Then there's the next tier with Toadie and Sonya, Lucas and Vanessa, then Kate, Kyle, Georgia and Chris, and then the teenagers, so I think it is very balanced."

With lots of new kids arriving on the Street, do you think we'll see Sheila become a figure who the youngsters can turn to for advice?
"Gosh, is that a good thing? I'm sure Sheila will be very happy to offer her 'incredible wisdom' where she feels it is needed. Whether it will be useful, or indeed whether the young ones actually ask for it… well, that's another thing!"

Are there any plans for new Cannings to join the Street?
"Well my two other grandsons have visited, so you never know, do you?"

Can you give us any extra hints on the stories you're filming at the moment?
"Sheila is very busy sorting out Kyle's love life - it's a full-time job! However, her attention is somewhat diverted by a visitor to Erinsborough. That's all I can say for the moment, watch this space."

Given your connection with the show, how do you feel about Prisoner being remade?
"I am thrilled to see good-quality drama being made again with strong roles for women. It is what gave me my real start in TV and I have a soft spot for the old series, but am excited to see this new one because we in this industry have all learned so much in the last 35 years - it is going to be a smash. And it's one less reality show… oooh, did I just say that out loud?"

Perdita
09-10-2013, 20:43
Neighbours fans will be introduced to Sheila Canning's estranged daughter next year, Digital Spy can reveal.

Show bosses are bringing in the character as they want to delve into Sheila's past.

Fans in Australia have already seen subtle hints at the upcoming storyline, as a recent episode saw Sheila discuss the bad relationship she has with her youngest daughter.

Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, told Digital Spy: "We are going to know more about Sheila's family soon. We are starting to bring in her family over the next six months, so you'll hear some stories about them."

On Sheila's daughter, the actress continued: "She's going to come in very shortly. We're in the process of casting her at the moment, so she won't be on air until after Christmas.

"Hopefully there'll also be a male coming in - an older male. But both of them Sheila doesn't get along with, of course!"

UK viewers will see Sheila discuss her daughter with housemate Chris Pappas (James Mason) later this month.

While giving Chris some advice on his own personal life, Sheila admits that she once had "a really bad falling-out" with her daughter and while she wishes they could reconcile, they haven't spoken to each other since.

Sheila remains cagey on the reasons for the row, but the full story is bound to come out when the character arrives on screen next year.

tammyy2j
09-10-2013, 22:13
She is a great character

LostVoodoo
14-10-2013, 17:17
Interesting. And totally happy to see more of Sheila, she's a great character and has fitted into Ramsay St so well!

Perdita
21-10-2013, 08:35
Neighbours' UK fans will see a whole new side to Sheila Canning this fortnight as she starts suffering from anxiety following a frightening encounter.

Sheila is chasing after a sleepwalking Chris Pappas (James Mason) one night when she is hassled by an unsavoury guy, whose behaviour leaves her deeply shaken.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, to hear more about the storyline and life behind the scenes at Neighbours.

Are you still enjoying your time on Neighbours?
"I really love it. The role has come along at a really good time in my life. I do love to work, so I'm very lucky to have this job and to work with such gorgeous people. We laugh all the time. Even today, I had a really long day but most of it was spent laughing. A bit of time I was doing some acting, but mostly I was laughing!

"I get on amazingly well with the young people on the show, and some of the older people I've worked with so much before. I never felt like I was a new person coming into the show, as they accepted me straight away. I really love going to work, and that's a great thing to have, isn't it?"

Are you happy with the way Sheila's character is developing?
"I'm really liking the way the character is now fitting in, and I feel like I have a hold of her. Today I was doing some scenes and the crew were laughing at me - which is what they usually do, sometimes when I'm trying to do my dramatic work! There was a line in the script and the crew asked, 'Was that your line or did they put that one in for you?' I do ad-lib a lot, but in this case it was an actual written line. The cameraman said, 'They're starting to get you - they're starting to write just like you talk!' That's really great."

What kind of response have you seen to the character of Sheila?
"I just thought I was going to pop in for six weeks, play the doting grandmother and then I'd disappear behind a bush in Ramsay Street and never be seen again! But from the first six weeks, even though nothing had gone to air, the producers said, 'No, no, we want to keep you'.

"It was nearly four months before my first scenes went to air that year, and I didn't expect anybody to really notice, even in Australia. But it's extraordinary that the recognition factor is almost as strong as it was when I was in Prisoner. That's saying something, because when Prisoner first started in Australia, it was like we were rock stars.

"I'm not saying that's exactly how it is now, but lots and lots of young people watch the show and talk to me in the supermarket as if I'm Sheila. Mostly they want to know about my grandson, they're not that interested in me! But I'm really thrilled that she's been so accepted.

"They also taught us all how to do Twitter at work, and I'm just amazed at how many UK fans I've got. One minute I had four followers and now I've got a few thousand. That's really exciting."

Do the younger cast members approach you for advice on set?
"Yes, a great deal. Another thing that I do is teaching - I'm Head of Acting at a school called Patrick Studios Australia, and we run a music theatre course for kids who want to go into musicals. I did a great deal of theatre before I joined Neighbours.

"A lot of the kids at Neighbours now come to me if they have problems with scenes. They do have two drama coaches who work on the show, but sometimes they will ask me questions too. Some of them are also auditioning for things overseas at the moment, so they will come and have private lessons with me at home where I'll help them through some of their scenes.

"Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy) actually said to me today that I've become the mother of the green room, because the kids come and speak to me about their love lives! I think, 'Oh look, I've had two marriages and I wasn't good at either of them, why are they asking me?!' But I think it's just because I'm the oldest there so they think, 'She must know something'. It's also because I tell them I know everything, so that helps! (Laughs.)

"I'm very fond of all the young kids. I had a scene today with that gorgeous Calen MacKenzie who plays Bailey, and I just love him. I love Harley Bonner who plays Josh Willis, James Mason who plays Chris Pappas, and of course I love my grandson. I have three sons of my own, so it's nothing to have a few more 'sons'! The girls are all gorgeous too. What's great is that the kids respect me and they don't treat me like an old fuddy-duddy."

What can you tell us about Sheila's anxiety storyline?
"This story came along after one of those many story meetings that we have. I know that I was brought into the show to provide some comedy, and I enjoy that very much. But at one meeting, everyone was getting very dramatic storylines - whether it's having somebody else's baby, being run over, or killing somebody. I said, 'How come nothing like this ever happens to Sheila?!' They all just looked at me and I said, 'Why can't we find out that she's a man or something?!' (Laughs.)

"Anyway, they came up with this idea that Sheila should have a dramatic storyline. It's tied up with Chris's story, as he's taking his break-up with Hudson really badly. He starts taking sleeping tablets and they cause him to sleepwalk. On the very coldest night on record in Melbourne, I ended up chasing around after him in a nightie, a flimsy dressing gown and a pair of Ugg boots which I demanded I have!

"While Sheila is chasing after Chris, a man pulls up in a car and tries to solicit her, which she doesn't take very well. She thinks it's just one of those things, but she reacts quite badly three or four days later, when it starts to play on her mind."

How do things progress from there?
"Well, because we're a 6.30pm show over here, there are restrictions with what we can do. Naturally they couldn't have the guy touch me or approach me or anything, but I said, 'Look, this is all a bit silly. Sheila is a tough old nut so she'd probably just tell him to get lost and keep walking!'

"There wasn't much we could do about it because of the restrictions, so then we decided that it will come out further in a story, much later on, that this reminded her of a time when a much worse thing happened to her. Back when she was younger and managing the hotels in Frankston, she was attacked by two men in the back car park. So there's a second layer of the story which will come out in three or four months' time.

"What happens first is that Sheila thinks she's alright, but then she starts to have flashbacks. It becomes really bad for her, because she doesn't want to talk about it. The story we're trying to get across is that it's best to share these things."

We asked for reader questions, and lots of people mentioned wanting to see Sheila and Lou together…
"Oh no, that can't happen! (Laughs.) I think Sheila and Lou are better when they're fighting, to be honest. It's a funnier scenario, and I did play Tom Oliver's partner in 1996 for eight weeks when I took over from Caroline Gillmer as Cheryl Stark when she was ill. I've already done the kissing scenes with Tom Oliver, and I think we're both past that now!

"They did bring in Walter, who was Sonya's pretend uncle, played by the gorgeous Chris Haywood. I really, really enjoyed that, but then he turned out to be a bit of a rotter, because nobody can be very happy in Erinsborough for too long, you might have noticed! But as I've said to a number of people since my second marriage broke up, a girl doesn't have to have a bloke to be happy. Sheila is quite happy on her own. I like that she's quite independent.

"I was actually called into the office one day because I'd done a scene with Ryan Moloney and Alan Fletcher, who play Toadie and Karl, and the producers said that I'd gone a little bit too girly and flirty with them! I said, 'Well I did that on purpose!' but apparently I have to rein it in when it's Karl Kennedy and Toadie. Of course, now if I do a scene with Ryan, he does everything he can to flirt with me because he knows we've been told not to do it!"

After starring as Doreen Burns in Prisoner, are you a fan of the remake Wentworth?
"Yes, and I was lucky enough to be part of the show's launch over here. A number of us from Prisoner saw the first episode before anyone else, and they've honoured us greatly. I think it's a brilliant series. They've just started shooting the second series, and it'll be even bigger and better than the first one. There's some fabulous new people coming into the show, as well as the old ones."

Would you like to pay a visit to the UK, as a lot of your colleagues have done for publicity trips?
"Oh yes, what can we do to organise that, do you think? I think it will happen, because I've got some really good storylines coming up. It usually has to coincide with when you have a big storyline on air, but I would love to come to London.

"I did Priscilla, Queen of the Desert in Australia for two and a half years and was also offered the last 12 months of the London run, but I had other commitments in Australia which we couldn't work around. I was in the UK for about three months in 2002 working at Shakespeare's Globe. I loved it and I'd really love to come back."

Perdita
26-10-2013, 06:35
Chris's housemate Sheila Canning also has problems ahead on Neighbours as she becomes anxious and paranoid following a frightening late-night encounter.

When a troubled Chris goes off sleepwalking on the streets of Erinsborough, Sheila (Colette Mann) is forced to follow him late at night in order to get him back. However, she is terrified when a strange guy pulls up in his car and starts hassling her, inviting her inside and refusing to take no for an answer.

Although Sheila is quick to insist that the incident was no big deal, she panics a few days later when she thinks she sees a man taking photos of her.

Wrongly jumping to the conclusion that it's the same guy who scared her, Sheila loses her temper and deliberately breaks his camera, branding him a stalker.
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/43/618x929/soaps-neighbours-sheila-canning-stranger-1.jpg
A stranger takes photos near Sheila
© Channel 5
A stranger takes photos near Sheila

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/43/618x411/soaps-neighbours-sheila-canning-stranger-2.jpg
Sheila grabs the man's camera
© Channel 5
Sheila grabs the man's camera

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/43/618x445/soaps-neighbours-sheila-canning-stranger-3.jpg
Sheila sees the man's pictures
© Channel 5
Sheila sees the man's pictures

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/43/618x411/soaps-neighbours-sheila-canning-stranger-4.jpg
Sheila smashes the camera
© Channel 5
Sheila smashes the camera

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/43/618x411/soaps-neighbours-sheila-canning-stranger-5.jpg
Sheila rebukes the stranger for his behaviour
© Channel 5
Sheila rebukes the stranger for his behaviour

Unfortunately for Sheila, the police soon arrive to deal with her following a complaint from the man, who is merely a mature age student doing a photography course. Sheila has made a big mistake…

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, November 6 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Perdita
27-10-2014, 04:59
Neighbours will give viewers their first glimpse of Kyle Canning's father Gary when Sheila meets up with him in secret.

Scenes airing in Australia next week will see Sheila (Colette Mann) spring into action after receiving mystery text messages which ask for her help.

Sheila appears distracted and secretive after receiving the messages and later arouses Kyle's suspicions when he finds out that she has an envelope of money stashed away in her handbag.

Although Sheila is quick to think of an excuse, Kyle doesn't believe her story and later gets the shock of his life when he sees her handing over the cash to his father Gary in a secret meeting.

Christopher Milligan, who plays Kyle, told Digital Spy: "When Kyle sees his grandmother acting weird and shifty, he starts to worry straight away.

"The money falls out of Sheila's purse and she says that it's tips from the bar, but he really doesn't believe that because he knows she's not that popular!

"Kyle and Georgia start following Sheila around to see what's going on and then Kyle sees her handing the money over to a man. He thinks it's his dad but he's not actually sure, because it has been 16 years."

The storyline will lead to Kyle finally being reunited with his father, who is joining Ramsay Street for a guest stint.

Milligan told Digital Spy earlier this month: "The good thing about Gary is that he is Sheila's son, Naomi's brother and Kyle's dad, so he can be involved with everyone. It was very interesting for the weeks that he was with us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the episodes myself.

"Gary left when Kyle was 8 and he has never spoken to him or seen him since. That was 16 years ago. At first Kyle doesn't quite know whether to hit him or hug him!"

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and late November on Channel 5 in the UK.

Mirjam
06-11-2014, 13:04
Sheila Canning

Sheila Canning (Colette Mann) will suffer the medical emergency after making a shocking discovery about her estranged son Gary.

As previously revealed, Gary is the estranged father of Kyle and son of Sheila, and will be joining Ramsay Street for a guest stint.

Although Gary attempts to make amends for his troubled past, it will soon become apparent that he is not all he seems.
When a former flame of Terese Willis's is attacked, it is clear that Gary is behind the nasty crime. However, just as he is about to flee Erinsborough, Sheila overhears a conversation and realises her son was responsible.

After confronting Gary and forcing him to admit the truth, Sheila is left devastated when he flees the house.

However, as she goes to ring the police, Sheila is overcome by a pain in her chest and collapses to the floor, suffering a massive heart attack.

Source: Digital Spy

Mirjam
06-11-2014, 13:04
Sheila Canning

Sheila Canning (Colette Mann) will suffer the medical emergency after making a shocking discovery about her estranged son Gary.

As previously revealed, Gary is the estranged father of Kyle and son of Sheila, and will be joining Ramsay Street for a guest stint.

Although Gary attempts to make amends for his troubled past, it will soon become apparent that he is not all he seems.
When a former flame of Terese Willis's is attacked, it is clear that Gary is behind the nasty crime. However, just as he is about to flee Erinsborough, Sheila overhears a conversation and realises her son was responsible.

After confronting Gary and forcing him to admit the truth, Sheila is left devastated when he flees the house.

However, as she goes to ring the police, Sheila is overcome by a pain in her chest and collapses to the floor, suffering a massive heart attack.

Source: Digital Spy

gillyH1981
06-11-2014, 13:58
Heart-stopping discovery
Sheila suffers a massive heart attack after learning the truth about her wicked son Gary. Will she survive?

Gary Canning's recent but unexpected decision to reach out to his mother Sheila after years of estrangement has completely rattled the now-frightened woman, enough to nervously dissuade her grandson Kyle from blindly reconciling his differences with Gary, fearful that her son only has nefarious intentions for his own offspring.

Further disconcerted by Gary's (Damian Richardson) subsequent story explaining his abandonment of his family years ago, a protective Sheila (Colette Mann) begs Brennan (Scott McGregor) to discreetly investigate her son's claims and is tentatively relieved when the story checks out.

Although pleased to see her son and grandson bonding, Sheila remains wary of Gary, who goes out of his way to assure her that he only wants what's best for Kyle (Chris Milligan).

However, the newfound family harmony is mysteriously shattered when Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly) is reunited with Gary, only for Sheila's blatant favouritism of him to antagpnise Naomi's long-buried hatred for her brother.

Getting Gary alone and wanting Sheila to see her son's true colours, Naomi challenges Gary to reveal everything about his dark past, a truth that only both of them know!

When another incident occurs, Naomi is given the impetus to make more damning accusations against her siblilng.

Sufficently riled by her daughter's outburst, Sheila goes to comfort Gary only to stumble onto the truth.

When a wily Gary is able to placate his mother with more likes, he moves forward with his own plans, seeking dangerous work with some unsavoury employers. When it soon becomes clear that Gary is culpable in the violent assault on Terese's (Rebekah Elmaloglouo) manacing ex-flame Ezra Hanley, Gary's dance with the dark side turns even uglier as Christmas Day dawns.

Accepting payment for the assault services rendered, Gary prepares to flee Erinsborough, unaware that a horrified Sheila has overheard the entire incriminating exchange.

Conflicted over the discovery, Sheila privately accosts Gary and forces him to admit the terrible truth. When her pleas for him to surrender fall on deaf ears and Gary flees the house, a troubled Sheila reaches for the phone. As she dials Triple 0 to report her son to the police, Sheila is overcome with excruciating pain and collapses to the floor, suffering a massive heart attack. Has she taken her last breath?

Source: Soap World December 2014

tammyy2j
06-11-2014, 16:26
Does Terese have a fling with Gary?

lizann
06-11-2014, 19:57
she better be ok, sheila is a hoot

TaintedLove
07-11-2014, 23:06
Does Terese have a fling with Gary?

It looks like Terese has an encounter with her ex Ezra Hanley, and later Kyles Dad Gary beats him up. I don`t know whether it`s a one stand with Terese and Ezra or what as I haven't seen this weeks Neighbours yet. I`m saving them up for a weekend marathon episode watch of H&A and Neighbours while I catch up on more knitting.
:)

gillyH1981
14-11-2014, 16:07
It looks like Terese has an encounter with her ex Ezra Hanley, and later Kyles Dad Gary beats him up. I don`t know whether it`s a one stand with Terese and Ezra or what as I haven't seen this weeks Neighbours yet. I`m saving them up for a weekend marathon episode watch of H&A and Neighbours while I catch up on more knitting.
:)

From TV Soap released on Thursday, 29th November

Paul's job for Gary is simple: deliver a brutal message to Ezra, the dodgy business associate who is suing Paul and Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou).

Gary performs his role to perfection, viciously bashing Ezra and escaping any police suspicion for doing so. In fact, Brad Willis (Kip Gamblin) quickly becomes firms as the police's main suspect. As Christmas Day arrives in Erinsborough, Paul arranges to pay off Gary for the bashing and then encourages him to leave town as quickly as possible.

Little do Paul and Gary know, however, that Sheila listens in on their covert conversation. Shocked to uncover her son's deception, Sheila soon confronts Gary about his deallings with Paul. Gary is forced to admit the truth, prompting Sheila to tell him to turn himself.

Gary has other ideas, as Sheila later catches him planning to do a runner. Appaulled by his actions, Sheila warns Gary that if he leaves she she will call the police.

Despite Sheila's threat, Gary takes off in a hurry but justas Sheila is about to dial triple zero, she clutches her chest as she suffers a massive heart attack. Home alone and with no-one around to help her, will Sheila survive?

gillyH1981
21-01-2015, 14:33
Cafe wars
Sheila and Lou declare war over their respective dining establishments.

Sheila Canning may still be recovering from a massive heart attack but she soon discovers that her heart palpitations aren't going to abate anytime soon, especially when her longtime sparring partner Lou Carpenter touches back down in Erinsborough after his latest trip to Cambodia.

No sooner has Lou unpacked his bags, on Neighbours, than he's incensed to learn that Daniel's new bar Off Air is robbing Harold's Store and other Lassiter's establishments of valuable and lucrative business. Voing to safeguard his daughter's livelihood, Lou plots his next move only to be stymied by Sheila's cunning efforts to protect Charlie's bar botton line.

Discovering that Sheila has hired Andres, a gorgeous but hapless bartender who's quickly amassing an entourage of besotted groupies, Lou sneakily poaches Andres to serve to Harold's clientele, outraging Sheila who declares war on him.

With Lou and Sheila outdoing each other, Lou finally approaches Sheila with an apology and a proposal for a truce. His good intentions are quickly abandoned when he learns that Sheila has instituted a new menu to tempt the bar's customers. All bets are now off as Lou drags Paige in to the hospitality battle to help him steal Sheila's customers. When Sheila suddenly unleashes a final act of revenge, who will be the winner?

Credit TV Soap 29th January 2015

TaintedLove
22-01-2015, 14:58
It`s only a matter of time until Sheila and Lou get together.

Perdita
26-02-2015, 11:46
Neighbours star Colette Mann has hinted at a potential love triangle for her character Shelia Canning following Harold Bishop's return to Ramsay Street.

A new video goes behind the scenes with Mann as she films scenes with Tom Oliver (Lou) and returnee Ian Smith (Harold).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmh4uzunHPE

The backstage special previews new scenes in which a clearly smitten Shelia flirts with Harold after an unimpressed Lou introduces them.

Speaking afterwards, Mann said light-heartedly: "It's a steamy love triangle between Sheila, Lou and Harold."

Harold last appeared in Erinsborough in 2011, but UK fans will see him return to Ramsay Street next week as part of the build-up to the show's 30th anniversary celebrations.

Smith recently claimed that the quality of the soap has improved since his last stint as Harold Bishop.

gillyH1981
27-02-2015, 12:40
Bake-off battle
Susan and Sheila's duel for culinary supremacy is intensified by a shock new rival.

The Erinsborough Festival Bake-Off competition is taking centre stage, on Neighbours, as Susan and Sheila's mutual vow to beat each other degenerates into a fierce declaration of war, especially after it's announced that a high-profile chef will be judging the entries.

While Karl intrepidly fights Susan's corner hoping to suss out the celebritiy's identity, Susan and Sheila are struck by the addition of an eleventh hour entry into the competition. To Susan's horror, the owner of the impressive dessert is revealed as her old Ramsay Street neighbour and long-running nemesis, Janelle Timmins-Steiger, who's keen on re-establishing the acrimony between them!

The resulting verbal clash quickly takes on an extra dimension when Janelle takes umbrage to Susan accidentally sneezing over her cake, calling it a direct attack on her efforts. Incensed, Susan attacks back and the room is soon covered in ruined cakes just as the celebrity judge enters the room and declares someone other than Susan, Sheila or Janelle as the winner, leaving the three women raving about the injustice of it all!

Source: TV Soap 26th February 2015

Perdita
29-08-2015, 05:13
There is a cat fight on the cards in Neighbours as Sheila Canning goes head to head with Angie Rebecchi next month after seeing her flirt with her new boyfriend Russell Brennan.

Angie will make several waves upon her return to Ramsay Street, but she will make an enemy in the form of Sheila as the pair immediately get on the wrong side of each other.

Blissfully happy in her new relationship, Sheila is delighted when Russell generously offers to pitch in with Kyle and Amy to help the Rebecchis following Toadie's accident.

However, when Sheila heads over to the house with some food, she is alarmed to see Angie bonding with Russell and becomes convinced that Angie is flirting with Russ.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/35/618x374/soaps-neighbours-7196-1.jpg
When Angie flirts with Russell to wind Sheila up, the pair soon come to blows
© Channel 5
Sheila and Angie clash over Russell

Later, Sheila and Angie butt heads in their standard fashion but when Angie learns Sheila and Russ are together, she proceeds to wind Sheila up by deliberately flirting with Russ.

With Sheila struggling to bite her tongue, insults are soon flying in both directions, but things take a more physical turn when Angie grabs at Sheila's new hairstyle.

In retaliation, Sheila angrily pushes her onto the couch, but immediately regrets her actions, while a stunned Russ watches on in confusion.

Sheila worries that her jealous behaviour will mean the end for her relationship with Russ, but how will he react?
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/35/618x407/soaps-neighbours-7196-2.jpg
When Angie grabs Sheila's hair, she is pushed onto the couch
© Channel 5
Sheila pushes Angie on to the coach
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/35/618x401/soaps-neighbours-7196-3.jpg
Everyone, including Sheila herself is shocked by her outburst
© Channel 5
Sheila is disgusted at her own behaviour

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, September 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a665842/soap-spoilers-sheila-and-angie-fight-in-neighbours-and-a-fire-breaks-out-in-home-and-away.html#ixzz3kAqUMl4Q

Perdita
29-10-2015, 05:22
Who said life in Erinsborough was all sunshine and barbecues? Neighbours ramps up the drama in spectacular style next week as a fire is started at the local school, leaving a number of lives in jeopardy.

Fan favourite Sheila Canning is among those in trouble, as she gets trapped in the blaze and makes a very controversial decision. Digital Spy caught up with Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, to hear all about it - but be warned that our chat does contain some spoilers about the outcome.

Were you happy to be involved in this big disaster?
"I was very pleased, especially as I completely missed the tornado last year. I think I must have been at home painting my nails when it hit!

"They were funny about me being involved with the fire because I'm an asthmatic. Our director Tony Osicka was very worried that the smoke they were using would affect me, but they used smoke machines which actually let out vapour, so I was absolutely fine."

How does Sheila get involved?
"There's a fundraising drive in the school where they're all sleeping out overnight, because that dreadful Paul Robinson is trying to get Erinsborough High closed down. He obviously didn't have anything else to do that week!

"Sheila is helping with the event when the fire breaks out. She's left in a part of the school on her own and she's trying her best to get out, but she's surrounded by fire and smoke."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/43/618x441/soaps-neighbours-week-45-ep-7238-17.jpg
Sheila wrestles with the guilt of choosing to save herself over Toadie
© Channel 5
Sheila gets trapped in the burning building

What was it like to film the stunt scenes?
"Well, I was doing it entirely flame-free and smoke-free most of the time, so I had to pretend that I could see it all. I kept saying to the director, 'Am I close? Do I look like I've seen a fire, or does it just look like I'm doing really bad acting?' I'd like to say it was real but it wasn't.

"It was really fun to do though, because we don't do big stuff like that on Neighbours very often. We only do it about twice a year. I was down in the tunnels of Channel 10 where we used to film Prisoner, so if I looked horrified, it's because I was having flashbacks!"

I want you to start the campaign on Digital Spy - 'Get Sheila a toyboy'

What happens to Sheila in the fire?
"While Sheila's trying to get out, she hears somebody yelling for help. She makes a very pathetic attempt to go and see who it is, but then she decides to just save herself instead. Which I thought was quite a sensible thing to do! (Laughs.)

"People take it very badly and think that Sheila decided to leave Toadie in the fire. It's not until she gets outside that she hears Toadie is missing and she realises what she did. Then Sheila is just riddled with grief and guilt. I'm bound to get a backlash from the Toadie fans, but Toadie and I do make up and have a bit of a hug once it's all over. I'm just hoping that his forgiveness will make all those Toadie fans see me in a whole new light."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/43/618x420/soaps-neighbours-week-45-ep-7238-26.jpg
The fire rages around Toadie
© Channel 5
The fire rages around Toadie

Do we find out who started the fire straight away?
"Oh no, of course not. It just goes on and on for a while until we find out who did it. We think it's all sorts of people before then. During that time, Sheila's guilt also manifests itself in slightly silly ways. She decides that she needs to work at the nursery to help Sonya and she needs to be doing Toadie's laundry.

"Sheila gets involved with all these different problems and then it causes issues with her own health, so it's just an absolute saga."

Fans were devastated recently when your on-screen daughter Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) left the show. How did you feel about losing her?
"Oh I was devastated too, but I had a lot of time to get used to the idea. I knew in January that Morgana was pregnant and she was going to leave when she had the baby. She was contracted for 18 months and I don't think it was ever in her mind that she would re-contract.

"She loved the work and being part of the Cannings, though - especially when Sheila's son Gary arrived. He was only in the show for six weeks, but that was probably the happiest time we had together because we felt like a real family and we all had such fun."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/43/618x412/soaps-neighbours-week-45-ep-7238-16.jpg
Sheila wrestles with the guilt of choosing to save herself over Toadie
© Channel 5
Sheila wrestles with guilt

Have you kept in touch with Morgana since she left?
"Definitely, and I've held her beautiful baby for hours. Morgana is in Sydney at the moment with her husband, and we talk to each other two or three times a week. I think we're friends for life. I just adored her in the screen test and I fought for her to be chosen for the role. I think she's one to watch - you will see her as a big international star."

You said on Twitter recently that more Cannings will arrive. Can you tell us any more about that?
"If I told you much more, I think I'd have to kill you and that would be most unpleasant! A new Canning has arrived on set, but we're not allowed to say who it is. That starts a big new storyline. An older Canning is also arriving back early next year, so we'll be quite the big family again."

Sheila's romances always seem to end in tears. Would you like that to change?
"She can't be happy, can she? I thought the last one with Russell was going to be fabulous and then he turned out to be a basher. I was heartbroken! But apparently they're threatening to bring in another one. The writers said to me the other day: 'She'll find love again next year'.

"I think we should start a campaign that the next one is about 25 years younger than Sheila. They do it all the time with the blokes. Look at Paul Robinson with my daughter Naomi, there was 30 years difference there. When are we going to see it the other way? I want you to start the campaign on Digital Spy. We'll call it 'Get Sheila a toyboy' and I want to see it all over your pages!"

digitalspy

Perdita
02-11-2015, 10:34
Sheila Canning's health is causing major concern in the latest Neighbours trailer.

https://youtu.be/aI-3ZRxHrxg

The popular character is seen experiencing frightening symptoms as she battles with guilt and stress after leaving Toadie Rebecchi for dead in the Erinsborough High fire.

Sheila's problems look set to cause disaster when she suffers a serious health episode while behind the wheel of a car, but will there be another casualty? The new promo, which can be viewed above, offers a first look at the dramatic scenes.

Terese Willis takes centre stage in the trailer too as she suffers her own health crisis in the aftermath of the fire, but not everyone on Ramsay Street is offering up sympathy.

Accusations also continue to fly around Erinsborough as the locals wonder who could have started the blaze, but is the culprit any closer to being unmasked?

Neighbours airs these scenes in a fortnight's time on Channel 5 in the UK and all this week on Eleven in Australia.

Perdita
07-11-2015, 09:08
heila is shocked when she realises that she has struck Ben with her car. It's a worrying wait for her at the hospital, until Ben is deemed to be suffering only a couple of fractured ribs. Despite the lucky escape, facing Ben's distressed grandfather only makes Sheila feel guiltier. Karl is furious at Sheila for not heeding his advice to rest and warns her that next time someone might be seriously injured through her actions.

Karl tells Sheila that it's time to face up to the source of her stress - her guilt over abandoning Toadie in the school fire. Sheila decides to take Karl's advice and admit all to Toadie, who graciously forgives her. When Sheila goes over to check on Ben, she tells him about her unburdening of her guilt and how she feels much better for it. Later Ben does a little unburdening himself, when he admits to Susan that he was the one to start the school fire.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/44/1280x853/gallery_soaps-neighbours-w47-ep-7250-01.jpg
Kyle witnesses Sheila hitting Ben with her car
© Channel 5

Meanwhile, Amy's discovery of Susan's school petition in her father's penthouse leads her to doubt Paul completely. If he is capable of stealing the petition, could he have also set the fire? Talking it over with Daniel, Amy thinks she has to do the right thing and report Paul to the police.

Worried that Amy is carrying such a heavy burden, Daniel appeals to Paul to save her and own up to what he's done. Paul thinks it will be a simple trip to the police station to notify them of his presence at the school on the night of the fire, but it turns into a nightmare as he is charged with burglary and theft. While Amy is pleased that Paul has confessed, she has little sympathy for her father as he now faces the consequences of his actions - which could include him losing his mayorship.

Elsewhere, the news of Chris and Lucy's baby being born hits Nate hard, and he's reluctant to participate in a video call that Amber has organised with them. Hovering close by but out of view, Nate can see how together Chris is and this causes him to become aware of the state of his own life, particularly his worries about Aaron's impulsive and childish nature. He questions Aaron's commitment to him and their relationship. Things are tense, but Nate is later thrilled to see that Aaron is more than willing to step up and accept the challenge.

Perdita
07-11-2015, 10:55
Meanwhile, Sheila's blood pressure is up. Karl warns her that if she doesn't take things easy, she could possibly have another heart attack. However, when Sonya asks Sheila to do a job for her, Sheila can't refuse and takes it upon herself to go the extra mile - even though it involves some serious heavy lifting.

When Karl catches Sheila in the act, he gives her a blast for blatantly ignoring his instructions. Forced into a corner, Sheila confesses her guilt to Karl about leaving Toadie for dead in the fire and how she can't forgive herself for what happened. She warns that if Karl ever breathes a word of this to anyone, especially the Rebecchis, she will report him for breaching patient confidentiality.

eni294
25-04-2016, 10:08
Neighbours spoilers: Sheila Canning faces legal row after slapping a schoolgirl

She lashes out in Xanthe's defence early next month.

​Neighbours favourite Sheila Canning could land herself in hot water next month as she slaps one of Xanthe's troublesome schoolmates.

Sheila (Colette Mann) goes on the attack when she discovers that her granddaughter is being trolled by girls at school, who are bombarding her Facebook page with cruel comments.

Although Xanthe (Lilly Van der Meer) puts on a brave face and wants her grandma to stay out of it, Sheila isn't fooled and reports Alison -the ringleader bully - straight to her parents.

Sheila's intervention unfortunately makes matters worse, so when she later spots Alison picking on Xanthe in person, she completely loses her temper and slaps the nasty schoolgirl across the face.

In the aftermath, Sheila knows that she's gone too far -but the reality of the situation really hits home when Mark Brennan tells her that Alison's mother Jackie now intends to pursue legal action against her.

Toadie Rebecchi advises Sheila that mediation is her best chance to avoid being sued, but her first attempt to reason with Jackie only leads to more rows and acrimony.

As online insults directed at Xanthe continue to pile up, it's obvious that Sheila has done more harm than good this time.

Will Xanthe's bullying ordeal escalate, and just how severe will the consequences of Sheila's slap be?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, May 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a791811/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-faces-legal-row-after-slapping-a-schoolgirl/

Perdita
17-07-2017, 05:32
Sheila Canning gets an unsettling blast from the past on Neighbours next week when she receives a letter from Russell Brennan.

Sheila (Colette Mann) is on a high following a successful date with Clive Gibbons when she's suddenly brought back down to earth by the reminder of her past love.

Next week, Neighbours fans see Sheila head off to an art gallery with Clive after agreeing to give him another chance despite their recent differences over Xanthe.

Both are hugely keen to impress each other, but conversation between them is pretty awkward until they finally come clean and admit they know absolutely nothing about art.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/28/768x506/gallery-soaps-neighbours-3-sheila-date-aftermath-j9toc4cmsdiskrbuvgvz-3-1.jpg
Xanthe and Gary Canning welcome Sheila back from her date in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

Fortunately, the pair's honesty finally gets them on the right track and Sheila is delighted that she might have finally found a good guy.

Xanthe and Gary are also happy to celebrate Sheila's romantic success when she returns home, but her good mood turns sour when she finds there's a letter from Russell waiting for her.

Later on, Sheila confides in Dipi Rebecchi that she's too scared by what the letter might say, but will she pluck up the courage to open it in the end?

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/28/768x507/gallery-soaps-neighbours-3-sheila-date-aftermath-j9toc4cmsdiskrbuvgvz-5-1.jpg
Sheila Canning receives a letter from Russell Brennan in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

Sheila dated Russell two years ago, but their relationship ended badly after his violent history with his son Tyler was exposed.

In real life, Russell Kiefel – who played Russell Brennan – passed away late last year. Neighbours bosses had been planning to bring him back for an extended guest stint, but had to go back to the drawing board following the off-screen tragedy.

We'll now see the Brennan brothers' mum introduced to Neighbours instead, but Sheila's letter from Russell will mark the beginning of an emotional storyline.

Matt Wilson, who plays Aaron Brennan, recently told Digital Spy: "They did have to change the story. The writing team came up with an alternative, but they obviously wanted to be very sensitive towards Russell Kiefel's family while playing it out.

"It was very emotional filming everything because everyone was doing it in memory of Russell Kiefel. So this next storyline is very emotionally loaded. Also, it's not just that storyline but what happens afterwards too. We're still filming that at the moment and it goes on for quite some time."

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, July 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

Pantherboy
17-07-2017, 23:55
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Colette Mann reveals all on Sheila's new romance and the Canning family's future

"Sheila and Clive have a bit of an upset coming up."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/45/980x490/landscape-soaps-neighbours-colette-mann-sheila-canning-2-1.jpg

Neighbours' comedy queen Sheila Canning has a brand new romance on the horizon, as she decides to give Clive Gibbons another chance and agrees to a date with him.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, for all the early gossip on the new relationship story and what's ahead for the rest of her on-screen family too.

What do you make of Sheila's new romance with Clive?

"Oh, Sheila loves Clive! She loves the fact that he's the COO of the Erinsborough Hospital. And for me, working with Geoff Paine is an absolute dream because I've known him for years. We once did a terrible theatre show together and we were the only two sane people in it. That says a lot, because neither of us are particularly sane!"

How does Sheila and Clive's relationship progress?

"Sadly it doesn't last very long at this point, but I'm hoping against hope that they will bring Clive back. The producers have said that they will. We have a little bit of an upset coming up, but then hopefully he will resurface on the horizon."

Why is Sheila's love life always such a car crash?

"Well, because nobody can be very happy for very long in Erinsborough – you know that! But I also think nobody wants to see old people kissing. They just want to see the young ones getting at it, so we're just a slightly aged interlude.

"Sheila is actually with another bloke in the episodes that we're filming at the moment, but I can't tell you too much about him. He's the one who breaks up Sheila and Clive, but once he's gone, our producer Jason Herbison has said that he'll bring Clive back again. Clive will come back into Sheila's life with a big bang, metaphorically speaking."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/29/768x414/gallery-1500283578-soaps-neighbours-clive-gibbons-1.png

It's been a massive year for Sheila's granddaughter Xanthe, hasn't it?

"Lilly, who plays Xanthe, is the female that I'm closest to in the whole show and she has been outstanding in the storyline with Finn Kelly. She was actually very worried about this storyline when it came up, but she played it with such pure innocence.

"We've got to be careful because of censorship in Australia, since we're on at 6.30pm. But it worked because Lilly played it with such open-eyed wonder. Finn was creepy but she wasn't and I just thought she handled it like a really mature actress."

Will we see a turning point for Xanthe? She still seems quite troubled at the moment.

"Kind of! In the scenes we've shot recently, Xanthe is aiming towards that. I've actually quite liked the way the writers have handled that storyline, because Xanthe hasn't done that thing that we often do in soap operas, where she's suddenly alright again after something terrible has happened.

"They've taken their time with Xanthe finding her way back to normality. We've just shot some stuff which is the beginning of Xanthe coming back into normal life, but that's a good 10 or 12 weeks after what you've seen on air already."

Do you think Sheila was blind to what was going on with Finn for too long?

"I didn't think she was but I know the fans did! When the storyline first came out, I marched up to the writer Stephen Vagg's office and I asked: 'Why aren't I in any of these scenes?!' He said: 'Well, because you'd find out, you'd know, you'd be onto Finn in a flash'. I said: 'You use that excuse far too often with me!' (Laughs.)

"That's also why they had Gary so concerned with Terese, so that he wouldn't be onto Finn either. I don't know what my excuse was – I was probably busy cutting herbs!

"They only really gave me one scene with Finn, which was outside the police station. We actually beefed that up on the day, because Sheila was quite weak in the writing. So I said to Rob Mills, who played Finn: 'Do you mind if I grab you and try to shake you?' The director also said: 'Please do it'. I would have liked a scene where she really gave it to him, but there just wasn't time."

Are you still in touch with your absent on-screen family members Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) and Chris Milligan (Kyle)?

"Yes, I am. I went over to New Zealand to see Morgana in May, because she was in a theatre show. I'm going back in August because she's playing Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire. So I keep in close contact with her.

"Chris is over in LA with Jenna [Rosenow, who played Amber] and whenever he comes back to Australia, he comes to see me and sometimes stays with me. We speak a bit on Skype, probably about once every two months. He seems to be doing okay over there – he's been doing bits and pieces. He hasn't quite hit the big one yet but I'm sure it's not far off."

Are you still coaching some of the younger Neighbours cast in your own time?

"Yeah, I am. I coach Matt Wilson (Aaron), Jodi Gordon (Elly) and Tim Kano (Leo). I'm also more of a life coach for Lilly and Mavournee (Piper). And occasionally Olympia (Paige) too – depending on what drama she's having in her life, I can be there and give her some advice."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/28/768x502/gallery-soaps-neighbours-3-sheila-date-aftermath-j9toc4cmsdiskrbuvgvz-8-1.jpg

Who from the cast would you tip to go far in the industry?

"Definitely Lilly and Mavournee. They're funny girls, because they think they're in competition. They get on incredibly well together and they love each other, but they see each other as competition when actually they are so very different – as actors and everything about them. But I can see both of them really making it in this industry and making it big overseas, if that's what they want to do."

Do you encourage the young cast to try their luck in LA? It can sometimes work out really well, but not always.

"I do, if that's what they want to do. I think Mavournee is thinking of staying on [in Neighbours]. Her time will be up fairly shortly, but I feel that she wants to stay on for a bit longer. Lilly's time is up late next year and I've got a feeling that she may go after that.

"But they all have different reasons for doing it – where they want to be and what they want to achieve. Sometimes I feel it might be easier to stay in Australia and work somewhere else, if the work is there. But of course, in Australia the work isn't as abundant as anywhere else."

What would be your dream storylines for Sheila's future?

"I think to have Clive in her bed on a nightly basis! (Laughs.) I also really enjoy the storylines that are family-based with Xanthe and Gary. Whether it's conflict or camp comedy, I really enjoy the scenes with the Canning family together.

"The 'round-the-table' type scenes are ones that I'd like to do more. We haven't worked together much as a family this year, because Xanthe's been off with Finn, Gary's been off with Terese and I've been off with everyone. We get a bit disparate when we're not together."

Would you like the writers to bring in more Cannings?

"There's one other family member that they're talking about bringing in, which would be good. I know that the fans are desperate for people like Dane and Harley to come back, and they'd also like to meet Jackie. I don't know who any of these people are, so I'm not very sure that I want them to come! (Laughs.)

"It's those fans who've been watching the show for many years who keep saying: 'I really want to meet Jackie'. I keep thinking: 'I've got no idea who Jackie is! And I'm not sure I want to meet her!' (Laughs.)

"Chris came back for a couple of weeks in the middle of last year and it'd be great to have him back again. I don't know that Morgana would ever come back. It's not that she didn't enjoy her time, but she's the kind of actress who likes to move on. She's very involved in theatre and writing her own stuff, which is where her passion lies.

"I don't want a full house, I'd like to be able to move around! But we'll see what happens."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

lizann
18-07-2017, 00:24
clive is younger?

Pantherboy
22-07-2019, 00:31
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Sheila Canning considers a shocking move in Paul Robinson attack mystery
Can she keep Gary out of jail?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a28457060/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-shocking-move/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning considers desperate measures to protect her son Gary next week as he's accused of a violent crime.

As revealed in recent spoilers, Paul Robinson will soon be targeted in a brutal attack – and Gary (Damien Richardson) becomes the prime suspect when Roxy Willis comes forward as a witness and points the finger at him.

Mark Brennan is quick to arrest Gary after Roxy's allegations, but he strongly protests his innocence and insists that he's the victim of a classic Paul stitch-up.

Amy also shows where her loyalties lie by accusing Roxy of lying. She even makes a pact with Kyle that they need to forget about their feelings for each other while Gary fights these allegations.

As the repercussions continue, Paul puts pressure on Karl Kennedy to ban Gary from the opening of the tram.

When Karl complies with Paul's demands, Kyle and Sheila work hard to get the tram ready in Gary's absence.

While hard at work, Sheila is shocked to find a crowbar wrapped in a bloodied rag, which has been hidden away at the back of the tram.

It's obvious that this was the weapon used to attack Paul, so Kyle advises Sheila to hand it over to the police as crucial evidence.

Sheila isn't so sure this is a good idea, worrying that it'll be pinned on Gary after Roxy's statement.

Vowing that she won't let that happen, how far will Sheila go to save her son?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, July 29 and Friday, August 2 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
12-08-2019, 13:44
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours lines up new mystery as Sheila Canning disappears
Sheila goes missing after hitting rock bottom.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a28674106/neighbours-sheila-canning-mystery-disappears/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will go missing after she hits rock bottom.

Sheila (Colette Mann) angers her son Gary (Damien Richardson) after he finds out that she teamed up with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) to sabotage his relationship with Amy Williams (Zoe Cramond), and also the fact that Sheila hid evidence when she wrongly thought Gary was the one who attacked Paul.

In scenes airing next week, Sheila tries to make things up with Gary but her son is adamant he won't forgive her.

The drama affects Sheila at work and hampers her sales pitch.

And things get worse, as when Sheila confronts Paul on why his life has remained unaffected despite his involvement in meddling with Gary and Amy's relationship, Paul mocks her and claims he is better at life.

Sheila is devastated by how things have turned out, and she goes missing.

When Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan) says that Sheila hasn't shown up for work, Amy and Kyle (Chris Milligan) become worried about her whereabouts.

Gary believes that Sheila is just seeking attention, but Amy and Kyle call the police when Sheila remains missing the next day. Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor) then shares that Sheila was last seen distressed, leading Gary to start becoming concerned.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
23-09-2019, 23:02
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours lines up more heartbreak for Sheila as Clive gets a new girlfriend
Drama at the wine-tasting.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a29186997/neighbours-sheila-canning-clive-gibbons-beverly-robinson/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will experience further heartbreak following her break-up with Clive Gibbons as he moves on with a familiar face.

This week will see Sheila (Colette Mann) still upset about the fact that her relationship with Clive is over.

Roxy Willis (Zima Anderson) tries to raise her spirits by throwing a surprise birthday party but this doesn't have the intended effect, as Sheila is devastated that Clive doesn't attend.

Later in the week, Gary Canning (Damien Richardson) tries to help and asks Clive to give the relationship another shot. Clive goes and sees Sheila, and it's there when he shares that he has a new girlfriend.

Next week reveals that Clive's girlfriend is none other than Dr Beverly Robinson (Shaunna O'Grady). Sheila finds out after being encouraged to get out of the house and go wine-tasting event, which Clive and Beverly are also at.

The wine-tasting goes awry when Beverly bumps into Sheila.

This was accidental, but Sheila – who is already upset by seeing Beverly and Clive together as a couple – is convinced that it was deliberate and responds by throwing red wine in Beverly's face.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 24, Thursday, September 26, and Thursday, October 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
07-10-2019, 00:47
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours cheating twist as Clive Gibbons kisses Sheila Canning
What does this mean for Beverly?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a29379371/neighbours-spoilers-clive-gibbons-kisses-sheila-canning/

Neighbours hints at a possible reunion for Sheila Canning and Clive Gibbons next week, as they share a passionate kiss.

Sheila (Colette Mann) and Clive (Geoff Paine) give into temptation as a heated argument between them takes a surprising turn.

Viewers recently saw Sheila left outraged by the news that Clive had moved on from their relationship by hooking up with Beverly Robinson (Shaunna O'Grady).

Refusing to let go of Clive without a fight, Sheila recruits Aaron Brennan (Matt Wilson) to spy on him next week.

The opportunity arises when Aaron's husband David Tanaka (Takaya Honda) is in the running to present his Finn Kelly study at a prestigious medical conference.

David invites Beverly and Clive over for dinner to discuss the matter further, but when Sheila finds out, she orders Aaron to keep an eye on them and report back.

Aaron fails miserably at following Sheila's orders, so she ends up heading over to the house herself and makes her presence felt.

Clive is furious over Sheila's jealous behaviour and marches her home, where they clash bitterly over their recent tensions.

The row brings old feelings back to the surface as Clive leans in and kisses Sheila. Does this mean Clive will split from Beverly, or is Sheila about to become the other woman?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, October 18 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
21-10-2019, 09:12
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms affair plot for Sheila Canning and Clive Gibbons
There's bound to be trouble when David finds out.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a29528351/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-clive-gibbons-affair/

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will officially become "the other woman" next week, as Clive Gibbons fails to break things off with Beverly Robinson.

Clive shared a surprise kiss with Sheila (Colette Mann) last week, as an argument over their acrimonious break-up led to passion.

Upcoming episodes will see Clive (Geoff Paine) promise to dump Beverly so that he can reunite with Sheila properly.

Despite this, Sheila is still waiting next week as Clive reveals that Beverly (Shaunna O'Grady) has had a family emergency.

This means that Clive doesn't have the heart to dump Beverly, although he promises an impatient Sheila that he'll do the deed soon.

Grateful that there's an end in sight for the Beverly situation, Sheila reluctantly accepts Clive's excuses. However, when the chemistry between them becomes too much, they end up sleeping together even though Clive is still with Beverly.

Later in the week, Sheila's son Gary (Damien Richardson) confronts Clive over the poor way he's handling the situation.

Gary turns menacing in defence of his mum, but David Tanaka isn't impressed by his behaviour as he watches on.

When David confronts his neighbour for crossing the line with Clive, defensive Gary insists his anger is justified and explains about the affair.

David immediately regrets getting involved, stressing out now that he has a juicy secret to hide.

The doctor even wonders if he should warn Beverly that she's being cheated on, but his husband Aaron is horrified by the suggestion and warns him to leave it.

With David still feeling like he has to do something, will he ignore Aaron's advice?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, October 28 and Tuesday, October 29 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

lizann
24-10-2019, 15:27
nice to see sheila and clive getting some loving :p

Pantherboy
09-03-2020, 22:37
Digital Spy article:

“Neighbours’ Sheila Canning & Clive Gibbons to face big wedding decision in 35th anniversary.
Will they finally walk down the aisle?”

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31279885/neighbours-sheila-canning-clive-gibbons-wedding-decision/

lizann
09-03-2020, 23:13
Digital Spy article:

“Neighbours’ Sheila Canning & Clive Gibbons to face big wedding decision in 35th anniversary.
Will they finally walk down the aisle?”

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31279885/neighbours-sheila-canning-clive-gibbons-wedding-decision/

another bloody wedding

Aussieguy
10-03-2020, 12:02
Love how they are combining romantic weddings and Finn's murderous rampage:D

Pantherboy
21-03-2020, 08:27
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals aftermath of second shock death in 35th anniversary week
Ramsay Street's residents are in for a shock.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31823718/neighbours-spoilers-gary-canning-death-aftermath/

Neighbours spoilers follow. This includes details of some characters who survive the events of Neighbours: Endgame.

Neighbours has revealed a first look at Sheila Canning's grief for Gary following his tragic death.

Gary, played by Damien Richardson, was killed off in the final episode of Neighbours: Endgame today (March 20).

Fans watched in horror as Gary tried to save Bea Nilsson and Harlow Robinson from the mineshaft on Pierce Greyson's island, only for evil Finn Kelly to intervene.

Finn crept up on Gary and used a bow and arrow to fatally wound him, making sure that Bea and Harlow stayed put.

New spoiler pictures now show Sheila (Colette Mann) overwhelmed by grief once the terrible news reaches Ramsay Street.

Next week's episodes see the islanders who survived their ordeal return home. Harlow is in a bad way and has to be put into an induced coma to save her life, while Bea needs surgery for a broken leg.

Meanwhile, Toadie Rebecchi is treated for concussion and exhaustion.

The truth about what happened on the island is then revealed by the survivors as they speak to the police.

Kyle also arrives home to break the devastating news to Sheila that Gary didn't make it.

Kyle then gets in touch with his half-sister Xanthe, who decides to stay put in Queensland as she can't bear to return to Erinsborough and face the reminders of Finn.

As always, the neighbours are on hand to rally round the Cannings in their time of need, but a struggling Sheila struggles to find any comfort in their support.

Sheila also becomes fixated on Gary's autopsy, unable to focus on anything until she knows what the results are. She tries speaking to Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor) about the situation, but he insists that she'll have to wait.

Kyle later decides to move into Number 26 to support Sheila and they're both shaken when the autopsy results finally arrive. After hearing what Mark has to say, Kyle blames himself.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 24, Wednesday, March 25 and Thursday, March 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
23-03-2020, 00:28
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Sheila Canning to blame Susan Kennedy after shock death drama
Tensions boil over on Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31870936/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-susan-kennedy/

Neighbours fans will see emotional scenes next week as Sheila Canning angrily lashes out at Susan Kennedy.

Sheila (Colette Mann) looks for someone to blame following the heartbreaking death of her son Gary, who was killed by Finn Kelly on Pierce Greyson's island.

Upcoming episodes see the Ramsay Street residents try to rally around Sheila and Kyle (Chris Milligan) as news of Gary's murder sinks in.

A funeral service takes place in Frankston while the wake is held in Erinsborough, with everyone wanting to play a part in honouring Gary.

When Susan (Jackie Woodburne) turns up at the wake, she faces a furious reaction from Sheila, who bitterly blames her for Gary's death.

Sheila can't forgive Susan for helping Finn last year and inadvertently putting everyone in danger by allowing him to live on Ramsay Street.

A heartbroken Susan desperately tries to push past Sheila's anger and connect with her, but this only makes matters worse as Sheila explodes at the Kennedys.

Later in the week, Sheila refuses to let go of her hostility towards Susan, much to the concern of Karl.

Karl can see that Susan is suffering a huge amount of emotional stress and needs support rather than condemnation.

Sheila is not in agreement and confronts Karl with a surprising theory – she knows he never wanted Finn on the Street either and suspects, on some level, he also secretly blames Susan for what happened. Is Sheila right?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, March 30 and Tuesday, March 31 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
02-04-2020, 21:55
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Colette Mann confirms Sheila Canning's future in the show
"I have no desires to leave as yet."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32017054/neighbours-spoilers-colette-mann-sheila-canning/

Neighbours star Colette Mann has confirmed that she's sticking with the show for the foreseeable future.

The actress, who plays Sheila Canning on the soap, revealed the news to Digital Spy following the recent departure of her on-screen son Damien Richardson.

Damien's character Gary Canning was killed off as part of the dramatic Neighbours: Endgame episodes last month. An emotional storyline now sees Sheila and her grandson Kyle (Chris Milligan) struggling to cope with Gary's murder.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy about her own future with Neighbours, Colette laughed: "Unless you know something I don't know, I'm there at the moment until August 2021. So I'm assuming that I'll be there!

"We'll see what happens – if another Canning comes in, I'll feel even safer. I have no desires to leave as yet."

Confirming that Kyle is sticking around too, Colette continued: "Chris was only supposed to come back as Kyle for a year. If he hadn't agreed to stay on this year, I think I might have left when Damien left.

"You've got to like the people you're working with and have a connection with them. Nick Coghlan's still there playing Shane Rebecchi and he's a great mate too.

"I do get on with everybody, but you've got to have people that understand you and get you."

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison has previously teased plans to bring in another Canning family member later this year, so it seems the clan could be expanding again.

Asked about the possibility, Colette quipped: "If Jason said it might happen, I'll say it might happen too – but you're not getting anything else out of me!

"It might happen and he's talking about it. I don't know when that's happening, but there's only Kyle and I left now. They'll want to bring in somebody, I imagine. But we're just dealing with Gary going for now."

Behind the scenes at Neighbours, Colette is continuing to work on mentoring some of the younger cast – and was full of praise for their recent work on screen.

She said: "The one I think has just come on enormously – and not through me working with her, she's just incredibly talented and very mature – is Jemma Donovan, who plays Harlow.

"The stuff she did in Endgame with the snake was great – she's got a terrible fear of snakes in real life – and all her stuff in the hospital with the aftermath too.

"Poor love, she was in the hospital crying, I was in the other studio crying, and then we used to meet in the dressing room feeling wrung out like dirty rags!

"When Jemma arrived, she was great and she fitted in, but she's grown so much. She's so solid in what she plays. She's extraordinary and doing a fantastic job.

"Young Bonnie Anderson has also been fantastic with all the stuff where Bea finds out about Elly and Finn being together. Her work in that has been really good.

"Ben (Hendrix) and Jemma work really well together on screen and young Zima (Roxy) has been great too. My little darlings are all doing very, very well and I'm very proud of them. I send them messages all the time. They probably think: 'Oh God, here's another one from her!'

"But if I see them doing good work, I think it's worth letting them know because sometimes you don't get told by anyone else – other than your mother!"

Neighbours currently airs Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
06-04-2020, 23:37
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals emotional new scenes for Sheila Canning and Susan Kennedy
Will they make peace?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32054132/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-susan-kennedy-group/

Neighbours has released a new trailer previewing an emotional new twist for Sheila Canning and Susan Kennedy.

The pair's friendship is currently under serious strain, as Sheila blames Susan for the death of her son Gary Canning.

Last month's dramatic Neighbours: Endgame episodes saw Gary killed off, as Finn Kelly murdered him on Pierce Greyson's island. Finn has also since died after karma caught up with him.

Sheila feels unable to forgive Susan, who stood by Finn last year and helped him to avoid a prison sentence after he lost his memories.

A new trailer released on Neighbours' Instagram page now shows Sheila and Susan coming face-to-face in difficult circumstances.

When they end up attending the same grief support group, tensions look likely to boil over again as they're way too close for comfort given the ongoing dispute.

Susan takes this opportunity to once again acknowledge her deep regrets over how she handled the Finn situation and make a heartfelt apology.

Is this the moment that Sheila forgives Susan, or will another outburst follow?

Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, recently told Digital Spy that she'll be sticking with the soap for the foreseeable future.

She explained: "Unless you know something I don't know, I'm there at the moment until August 2021. So I'm assuming that I'll be there!

"We'll see what happens – if another Canning comes in, I'll feel even safer. I have no desires to leave as yet."

Watch Neighbours' new trailer below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-o36NMn_CT/?utm_source=ig_embed

Neighbours currently airs on Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
13-04-2020, 00:38
Digital Spy article:

UK PACE

Neighbours drama as Sheila Canning is blamed for trashing the Kennedy house.
Did she target Karl and Susan?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32119124/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-kennedy-house/

Neighbours fans will see Sheila Canning come under suspicion next week after the Kennedy house is trashed.

Sheila (Colette Mann) is currently at odds with Susan (Jackie Woodburne) as she believes that Susan's loyalty to Finn Kelly was a factor in Gary's recent death.

Upcoming episodes see Sheila have another row with the Kennedys, as well as turning her anger to David Tanaka (Takaya Honda).

Sheila thinks that David missed the signs of Finn's memories returning and should be held responsible for what happened on the island.

As her grief and anger continue to get the better of her, Sheila tries to report David to the medical board and then asks her partner Clive Gibbons (Geoff Paine) to fire him.

Sheila faces obstacles at every turn, although David kindly comes up with a way to help her feel heard and supported.

Meanwhile, Ramsay Street's difficult time takes another twist when somebody breaks into Susan and Karl's house to trash the place.

The Kennedys are unsettled by the thought that Sheila could be responsible after their recent disputes over Finn.

As detectives Mark Brennan and Sky Mangel start to investigate, scheming Claudia Watkins gets to work on turning the situation to her advantage.

The case comes to a standstill when there is no forensic evidence to rely on, but when Sheila realises that she's being accused, her anger towards the Kennedy family only rises further. Will this feud rumble on for a long time to come?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, April 20 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Pantherboy
07-02-2022, 07:30
Digital Spy article. Is this the last we will see of Sheila?

Neighbours' Sheila Canning to make surprise exit from Erinsborough
Is it the last we'll see of her?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a38992619/neighbours-spoilers-sheila-canning-surprise-exit/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours matriarch Sheila Canning heads out of Erinsborough next week following a family emergency.

Sheila rushes off to Los Angeles to support her daughter Naomi after some worrying news.

In upcoming scenes, Sheila's grandsons Kyle (Chris Milligan) and Levi (Richie Morris) are told that she's planning to travel to the US as Naomi's boyfriend has fallen ill.

When Sheila lands in LA, word reaches Ramsay Street that Naomi's boyfriend has passed away.

As Naomi now has her partner's three children to look after and she feels out of her depth, Sheila pledges to stay to support them.

While viewers will see Sheila on screen as normal in the next few days, all of next week's "exit" scenes take place with her remaining off screen and her family members discussing her decision to leave.

Digital Spy reached out to Neighbours last week to clarify whether Sheila's departure is temporary or permanent, and will update fans if the show responds.

Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, recently hinted that she wasn't currently on set when a fan asked why she wasn't in some behind-the-scenes pictures with her Canning family co-stars.

She replied: "Not there? it seems!"

Fans also became curious over possible changes ahead for the Canning family set-up when their shot was one of the only ones not updated in the new Neighbours opening titles.

Sheila joined Neighbours in 2012 and has been central to many of the Ramsay Street dramas in recent years, often meddling in her family's love lives.

Prior to playing Sheila, Colette had appeared in Neighbours before, taking over the role of Cheryl Stark for eight weeks in 1995 when Caroline Gillmer became unwell.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Perdita
09-02-2022, 19:56
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a39021565/neighbours-colette-mann-confirms-exit-sheila-canning/

Exit confirmed :(

lizann
17-02-2022, 15:13
is that it for her? last naomi was in oz chasing pierce where did this family in the us come about

kaz21
17-02-2022, 18:32
Apprently she asked for a low key exit. Lots of rumors going around, that maybe she left or was fired due to the issues that went on, last year. But I don?t know how true that is.

lizann
17-02-2022, 20:50
Apprently she asked for a low key exit. Lots of rumors going around, that maybe she left or was fired due to the issues that went on, last year. But I don?t know how true that is.

what issue, covid vaccine or racism?

kaz21
17-02-2022, 22:10
Racism, it like I said all rumors, and no concrete evidence.

Pantherboy
21-02-2022, 21:27
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours updates opening titles following Sheila Canning's departure
Two changes are revealed on screen.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a39159351/neighbours-opening-titles-sheila-canning-departure/