PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with Emmerdale...

amy101
02-02-2012, 13:39
Hi

I am a third year media student who is working on my dissertation. I am focusing on regional identity and television - specifically Emmerdale and how it relates to Yorkshire.

If you are interested in Emmerdale and wouldn't mind helping me out with my studies I would be really grateful if you would get in touch.

The questions I'd like your help with are:
1. What do you think of British TV Soap Operas?
2. Do you watch any soap operas? (If so which ones?)
3. For what reasons do you choose to watch Emmerdale?
4. Do you think Emmerdale is a successful representation of Yorkshire?
5. Do you think Emmerdale could represent Yorkshire any differently?

If you're interested in helping me please feel free to post below or contact me by email if you have any extra thoughts you would like to share regarding my questions.

Thank You!

Perdita
02-02-2012, 13:47
Hi

I am a third year media student who is working on my dissertation. I am focusing on regional identity and television - specifically Emmerdale and how it relates to Yorkshire.

If you are interested in Emmerdale and wouldn't mind helping me out with my studies I would be really grateful if you would get in touch.

The questions I'd like your help with are:
1. What do you think of British TV Soap Operas?
2. Do you watch any soap operas? (If so which ones?)
3. For what reasons do you choose to watch Emmerdale?
4. Do you think Emmerdale is a successful representation of Yorkshire?
5. Do you think Emmerdale could represent Yorkshire any differently?

If you're interested in helping me please feel free to post below or contact me by email if you have any extra thoughts you would like to share regarding my questions.

Thank You!

You need to get permission from admin before posting this here!!

amy101
02-02-2012, 16:30
Okay. How do I contact admin? I was unaware of needing to contact them to post something like this.

Siobhan
03-02-2012, 08:48
amy.. down the end of the main forum page is a contact us button.. you can use that to contact the admin... I am going to remove your email address.. things like this shouldn't be posted as it is personal information. You can add it to your profile which is ok and then anyone who wishes can take the time to reply to you... posting it a thread can lead to all sorts of spam coming to your inbox.. it is for your safety.

amy101
03-02-2012, 11:47
Thank you for the explanation. I will contact admin and know that for future reference. Cheers

amy101
05-03-2012, 11:12
What makes Emmerdale so interesting for you? I am looking for an audience perspective on why the show is so popular.

Anyone got any thoughts? :)

sarah c
05-03-2012, 11:19
What makes Emmerdale so interesting for you? I am looking for an audience perspective on why the show is so popular.

Anyone got any thoughts? :)

for me...

the mix of characters, young and old, rich and poor works really well - there seems to be someone for everyone to relate to

the humour is good, but not ott, and the drama mixes in well with the lighter stuff

I like the way they tackle social issues - even if the script writers dont get the facts completely correct

and tackle storylines thatrisk turning people against characters - as an example, I like Marlon, but hated him when he was all over Lauren