PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2012 **with spoilers**

Perdita
09-01-2012, 10:07
Former Strictly Come Dancing contestants Chelsee Healey and Nancy Dell'Olio have reportedly emerged as contenders to replace Alesha Dixon on the panel.

The pair - who finished second and 11th respectively in last year's series - are among the stars being considered to judge the BBC contest after Dixon quit for ITV show Britain's Got Talent last week.

Healey is believed to be a firm favourite with Strictly chiefs, while Dell'Olio is said to have been "wooing" executive producer Moira Ross with expensive trips and dinners in her bid to land the role.

"BBC bosses have a shortlist of about eight names and Chelsee is one of them," a source told The Mirror. "She would do really well with younger viewers and help bring in a new demographic.

"As a successful past contestant - like Alesha was - Chelsee will understand exactly what the celebs are going through and bring with her that empathy.

"Bosses have already sounded Chelsee out but Nancy has her heart set on the role. She was one of the main reasons the last series had such fantastic ratings. She believes people stopped watching when she was booted off and thinks her sense of fun and unique personality are just what Strictly Come Dancing needs."

Karen Hardy was named as the early favourite to join the Strictly panel, though Nicole Scherzinger of The X Factor USA and Miranda Hart have more recently been linked to the job.

Dixon's predecessor Arlene Phillips appeared to confess this weekend that she has been struggling to cope with speculation about her return to the show.

Tuareet
09-01-2012, 12:13
Nancy Dell'Olio!! Are they having a laugh, she is completely up herself! No way should she even be considered fit to be a judge on Strictly.

tammyy2j
09-01-2012, 12:39
Bring Arlene back

moonstorm
09-01-2012, 12:58
Bring anyone back apart from Nancy!

megan999
09-01-2012, 14:15
Why is Miranda Hart being considered? Can't stand Nancy.:thumbsdow Thumbs up for Arlene from me:thumbsup:

lizann
09-01-2012, 20:00
Nancy Dell'Olio!! Are they having a laugh, she is completely up herself! No way should she even be considered fit to be a judge on Strictly.

Louie Spence please

Katy
10-01-2012, 09:32
Karen Hardy would be great!

Chloe O'brien
13-01-2012, 12:13
Why is Miranda Hart being considered? Can't stand Nancy.:thumbsdow Thumbs up for Arlene from me:thumbsup:

I think this may be a joke from Miranda. It should be professional dancer, such as Karen, Camillia

Perdita
14-01-2012, 11:15
Strictly Come Dancing star Russell Grant has been touted as a possible replacement for Alesha Dixon on the show's judging panel.

The celebrity astrologer, who competed in last year's series, has been added to a shortlist drawn up by BBC chiefs following Dixon's defection to Britain's Got Talent earlier this month.

"Russell made a huge impression on Strictly last year - not only with viewers but with bosses too," an insider told The Sun.

"There was a big groundswell in favour of Russell taking over Alesha's judging role, and executives contacted him to see whether he would be up for it and he gave them a resounding yes."

Although Dixon's replacement is expected to be female so as to prevent an all-male panel, the source insisted that anybody was capable of landing the spot next to Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli.

"There are some concerns that Alesha's replacement should be a woman as an all-male panel would be too lop-sided, but executives will decide on that in the spring."

Grant's Strictly co-stars Nancy Dell'Olio and Chelsee Healey have also been linked to the role recently, though pro dancer Karen Hardy has long been established as favourite to replace Dixon.

Perdita
27-01-2012, 09:37
Arlene Phillips has reportedly held talks with the BBC about returning to judge Strictly Come Dancing.

The 68-year-old was controversially axed from the panel in favour of Alesha Dixon back in 2009, but has been tipped to regain her place following the 'Boy Does Nothing' singer's defection to Britain's Got Talent.

Sources claim that the Phillips met with BBC controller of entertainment Mark Linsey recently to discuss whether getting her back for the next series would be too "tricky" for either party.

"The idea of her returning to Strictly was discussed," The Sun quotes insiders as saying. "There is no offer on the table but Mark wanted to know where Arlene's head was on the whole thing.

"Neither were ruling anything in or out as it's a tricky one for both of them. Her departure was not without bad feeling and controversy, so you can understand her being cautious.

"Likewise, the BBC axed her for a reason so it could be that that chapter should remain closed."

Phillips previously thanked fans for supporting her potential return to Strictly, but allegedly admitted soon after that she is struggling to cope with the intense speculation.

Former Strictly pro Karen Hardy is favourite to take Dixon's seat, though the likes of Miranda Hart, Kara Tointon, Nancy Dell'Olio and Russell Grant have also been touted for the role.

Perdita
27-02-2012, 10:54
Ola Jordan has thrown her hat into the ring as a possible new Strictly Come Dancing judge.

The pro dancer has put herself forward to replace Alesha Dixon on the panel when the show returns to BBC One later this year.

"I would like to see me replacing Alesha. I would be a good judge," Jordan told The Sun.

"It has to be someone interesting and I think they are looking for a girl, so here I am! I've done six series, I'm a dancer and I've won it.

"I hope they choose someone to do with dancing because much as I liked Alesha, she didn't say anything interesting to me as a professional dancer."

Jordan won Strictly in 2009 with sports presenter Chris Hollins. Her other professional partners have included Paul Daniels, Andrew Castle and footballer Robbie Savage.

The Polish-born dancer is married to fellow Strictly star James Jordan.

Alesha Dixon departed Strictly in January after landing a deal with Simon Cowell to judge Britain's Got Talent. The BBC is expected to announce her replacement in the summer.

alan45
05-04-2012, 01:47
EASTENDERS star Sid Owen will be swapping Walford for waltzes as he is set to take part in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.
The Londoner — who has played hapless mechanic Ricky Butcher on and off for nearly 25 years years — is close to signing on the dotted line for this year’s series of Strictly.

And Sid could end up in a ballroom battle with his on-screen sister.

Actress Charlie Brooks — who plays the soap’s superbitch Janine Molloy — is also due to take to the dancefloor.

A friend of the actor said: “Sid has seen how many of his EastEnders colleagues have taken part in Strictly over the past few years and they’ve all loved it.

“People such as Kara Tointon, Jessie Wallace and Scott Maslen raved about the experience — as did Charlie when she took part in the Christmas special.

“So now he fancies trying it for himself.”

The pal added: “He did think about signing up for this year’s Dancing On Ice but the timing wasn’t right and he thought Strictly would be more fun.”

Sid first appeared in the BBC1 soap in 1988. He left the show for two years in 2000 and quit again in 2004.

He returned to Albert Square in 2008, along with Patsy Palmer who plays his character’s former flame Bianca — famous for her screech of “Rickaaaay!”.

But the actor decided to take time out from the show again in January to work as a patron of the charity Drop4Drop — run by the boyfriend of singer Adele.

Sid has known Adele’s squeeze Simon Konecki for more than 20 years.

He recently spent time in India working on Drop4Drop projects helping to provide people with clean water.

If he does sign up for Strictly it won’t be Sid’s first taste of reality TV.

Seven years ago he took part in I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here and came third behind the series’ eventual winner Carol Thatcher.

Perdita
25-04-2012, 07:29
Darcey Bussell has been tipped to replace Alesha Dixon on Strictly Come Dancing.

The former Royal Ballet principal ballerina will replace the ex-Misteeq singer as a judge on the BBC One show after Dixon switched to Simon Cowell's Britain's Got Talent, reports suggest.

Bussell has signed a £100,000 deal to become a judge, according to The Sun, although it is not the first time she has used her expertise on the programme's panel.

The 42-year-old mother of two lent a hand at the final stages of the competition three years ago as a guest judge, and Craig Revel Horwood told Digital Spy earlier this year that he wanted to see her join the panel.

"She took some convincing as it means uprooting and being in cold, wet and windy England for four months instead of sunny Sydney," a show insider claimed.

"But she said the Strictly job is probably the one thing that would bring her back. We're delighted to have her on board."

Industry names including former Strictly Come Dancing professional Karen Hardy and choreographer Karen Bruce are reported to have filmed screen tests for the job.

Dixon left a vacancy on the Strictly panel after an offer from Britain's Got Talent rumoured to be in the region of £350,000.

LostVoodoo
27-04-2012, 17:10
I think the main reaction to Darcey is 'not very exciting, but could be so much worse!'

tammyy2j
20-06-2012, 13:56
Katya Virshilas will not return for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing, the BBC has confirmed.

The professional dancer, who partnered Phil Tufnell, Gavin Henson, Dan Lobb and Simon Webbe during her time on the show, has been axed to make way for a new face, according to The Sun.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "We'd like to thank Katya for her wonderful contribution to the show. She will very much remain part of the Strictly family."

A source told the paper that the show's new executive producers Glenn Coomber and Andrea Hamilton have decided to retain all the other professional dancers.

"Glen and Andrea wanted to meet the dancers and hear why they wanted to do this year's show," the insider said.

"They always knew they wanted to bring in fresh talent but it was about deciding who would have to make way and they decided to give Katya the boot.

"She is not as high profile as some of the other female dancers, although it was a close call and it was nothing personal against her.

"Producers are excited about the new dancer, who they hope will shake up the show and keep the other professionals on their toes."

James Jordan, who was involved in a row over marking with judge Craig Revel Horwood on the 2011 series, will apparently return to the show.

"All the other dancers are back, including James, who many thought might be axed because of his row with Craig," the source added.

"But producers want as much drama as possible this year and bringing James back to face Craig could provide that."

Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One later this year with new judge Darcey Bussell replacing Alesha Dixon.

Perdita
22-06-2012, 05:49
FORMER England cricket captain Michael Vaughan is preparing to don sequins after agreeing to star in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. :wub:

He is the first celebrity to sign up for the new series of the hit BBC1 dance show, which begins in September.

The Beeb first approached him several weeks ago but Michael — who captained England to their Ashes win in 2005 — only agreed to take part after getting reassurance from pals, including Robbie Savage, who took part in last year’s series.

An insider said: “Michael was chuffed that the BBC asked him to take part. But he was really uncertain about it.

“He had to think hard about having to dress up in pink and sequins and learn how to dance in front of millions of viewers.

“He asked a lot of his sporting mates if he should do it and Robbie immediately told him to say yes, as he had such a great time in last year’s show.”

Sportsmen traditionally do well on Strictly.

Michael’s fellow ex-England cricketers Darren Gough and Mark Ramprakash have both previously won the show.

Westlife’s Nicky Byrne is among other stars invited to join the new series.

Yesterday TV Biz revealed how Strictly bosses have fired dancer Katya Virshilas and replaced judge Alesha Dixon with former lead ballerina for the Royal Ballet, Darcey Bussell.

Perdita
25-06-2012, 12:56
Karen Hauer has been announced as the latest professional to join the ranks of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Venezuelan dancer has been brought in to replace Katya Virshilas, who was axed by the BBC last week.

RTE reports that the 30-year-old is looking forward to being a part of the series, quoting her as saying: "If I could dance how I feel about joining Strictly then you'd be able to see how excited I am!"

Hauer is a former World Mambo Champion and has previously worked alongside Jennifer Lopez.

Three years ago, she auditioned for US reality series So You Think You Can Dance?, but was eliminated after the first few weeks.

BBC controller of entertainment Katie Taylor said of Haeur: "We're thrilled to have such a fresh and talented professional join us, and I can't wait to see what she will bring to the ballroom this autumn."

Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One later this year with another new face on the judging panel, with ex-ballerina Darcey Bussell replacing Alesha Dixon.

tammyy2j
26-06-2012, 15:04
Westlife's Nicky Byrne is suppose to be in the new series of Strictly Come Dancing

Perdita
05-08-2012, 22:18
Craig Revel Horwood has said that new Strictly Come Dancing panellist Darcey Bussell is likely to be a tough judge.

Speaking at the press night of Spamalot, Revel Horwood told The Daily Telegraph that his reputation as the meanest judge on the show may be under threat.

"I think she's going to be a bit of a bitch, really," he said. "I hope she doesn't out-bitch me - that's my biggest worry. If that happens, I'll have to bring it on.

"We haven't met up yet, but I know her. She's going to be a lot tougher, a lot harder."

Former ballerina Bussell - who first appeared on Strictly as a guest judge in 2009 - has replaced Alesha Dixon on the panel for the tenth series of the BBC show, after Dixon made the move to ITV and appeared as a judge on the latest series of Britain's Got Talent.

The new series of Strictly Come Dancing is expected to air this autumn and producers are said to be keen to have "as many London 2012 competitors as possible" taking part.

Perdita
05-08-2012, 22:18
Craig Revel Horwood has said that new Strictly Come Dancing panellist Darcey Bussell is likely to be a tough judge.

Speaking at the press night of Spamalot, Revel Horwood told The Daily Telegraph that his reputation as the meanest judge on the show may be under threat.

"I think she's going to be a bit of a bitch, really," he said. "I hope she doesn't out-bitch me - that's my biggest worry. If that happens, I'll have to bring it on.

"We haven't met up yet, but I know her. She's going to be a lot tougher, a lot harder."

Former ballerina Bussell - who first appeared on Strictly as a guest judge in 2009 - has replaced Alesha Dixon on the panel for the tenth series of the BBC show, after Dixon made the move to ITV and appeared as a judge on the latest series of Britain's Got Talent.

The new series of Strictly Come Dancing is expected to air this autumn and producers are said to be keen to have "as many London 2012 competitors as possible" taking part.

Perdita
28-08-2012, 06:31
Kimberley Walsh is reported to have signed to appear on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The Girls Aloud star recently won plaudits for her role as Princess Fiona in the West End musical adaptation of Shrek.

Now The Mirror reports that she is set to take part in the new series of the dancing contest.

A show source reportedly told the paper: "When we heard she was interested we were thrilled. Now everyone's dying to see her moves. She's a great name to have got."

Other rumoured contestants for the new series include Jerry Hall, Fern Britton and former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan.

Strictly producers are also reportedly keen on capitalising on the success of Team GB at the Olympic Games, with Rebecca Adlington, Victoria Pendleton, Steve Redgrave and Beth Tweddle all rumoured to be under consideration.

Walsh is to reunite with her Girls Aloud bandmates at the Royal Variety Performance later this year, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their triumph on ITV reality show Popstars: The Rivals.

Dutchgirl
29-08-2012, 15:33
Cannot find a lot of info on the net. So all i want to know I'll have to read here!

Perdita
29-08-2012, 15:35
Jerry Hall is reportedly being lined up for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The model, who was married to Mick Jagger, might compete in the BBC One dancing show when it returns later this year.

"Everyone will want to know if, like the song, she moves like Jagger," a source told the Daily Star.

Meanwhile, Olympic rower Mark Hunter, who won silver at London 2012, revealed that he is hoping for an offer to join Strictly Come Dancing.

"I have had one or two offers of reality shows but none of them really appeal to me at all, although other shows do," he told The Sun.

"There are some that show people in the right way and others where it is just people trying to make a name for themselves. I don't watch those and I wouldn't want to go on them. But I really enjoy the dancing ones - they are amazing."

Producers want to sign up Team GB Olympians to capitalise on the success of the Games. Bradley Wiggins, Victoria Pendleton, Elizabeth Armitstead, Beth Tweddle and swimmer Rebecca Adlington are among those being considered.

Chris Evans and World Snooker Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan have been linked to Strictly Come Dancing.

Perdita
29-08-2012, 15:40
he Great British Bake Off star Paul Hollywood has reportedly signed up for Strictly Come Dancing.

The baker and TV show judge has been approached by bosses after impressing on the BBC Two show alongside Mary Berry, reports The Sun.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/33/300x225/uktv_great_british_bake_off_2012_14.jpg
© BBC / Love Productions
http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/reality_strictly_bruce_and_tess.jpg
© BBC

Producers are said to be hoping that Hollywood will become a housewives' favourite on the show.

"The Great British Bake Off has been a huge ratings success for the BBC and we are delighted that Paul is now on board," an insider said.

"The hope is that millions of fans who love to watch him and Mary deliver their baking verdicts will also tune in to watch him hit the dance floor. He has a reputation for being a tough cookie and it will be interesting to see how he copes once he is out of his comfort zone."

The Great British Bake Off has continued to rise in the ratings for BBC Two.

Victoria Pendleton recently expressed interest in appearing in the latest series of the dancing competition.

Chris Evans, cricketer Michael Vaughan, soap star Charlie Brooks and Westlife's Nicky Byrne are all rumoured to be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing's 10th series.

LostVoodoo
30-08-2012, 13:13
Cannot find a lot of info on the net. So all i want to know I'll have to read here!

Would this be an appropriate time to plug my Twitter account I do with my friend? https://twitter.com/strictlyblog I don't do a lot about SCD on here because I'm usually occupied with it on Twitter!

LostVoodoo
30-08-2012, 13:13

Would this be an appropriate time to plug my Twitter account I do with my friend? https://twitter.com/strictlyblog I don't do a lot about SCD on here because I'm usually occupied with it on Twitter!

Perdita
01-09-2012, 10:55
The full trailer for Strictly Come Dancing series 10 and the show's premiere date have been released.

Judges Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli are shown flashing their best dance moves with new panellist - ballet star Darcey Bussell - in the promo clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4k1OKJE7cU&feature=player_embedded

After the dance-off to David Bowie's classic 'Let's Dance', it is revealed that the BBC entertainment series will kick off its latest run on Saturday, September 15.

The show is expected to resume its ratings battle with The X Factor across the autumn after securing higher audiences on various weekends last year.

Children's TV icon Johnny Ball, cricket legend Michael Vaughan, Fern Britton, Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh, Jerry Hall and Westlife's Nicky Byrne are among the rumoured celebrities taking part this year.

Dutchgirl
01-09-2012, 12:07
Ah thanks, loveley clip! And again a jurymember who knows her bussiness!

Chloe O'brien
01-09-2012, 23:35
Two more weeks to go yipee.. I can't wait.

Perdita
04-09-2012, 15:22
Strictly Come Dancing is rumoured to be bringing back the dance-off for the Sunday night results shows.

The BBC dropped the dance-off in 2010 for series 8 of the ballroom dance reality series, but according to sources, it is being revived this year.

For the last two series, eliminations have been decided by a mixture of judges' scores and public vote, and the dancer with the lowest score has been axed. The dance-off previously allowed the judges to save their favourite act from the bottom two celebrities.

Last year's Saturday shows achieved some of Strictly's highest ever ratings and occasionally beat The X Factor for viewers, however, the results shows on Sunday tended to not fare so well. It is believed the dance-off is returning to boost interest in the Sunday episodes.

Meanwhile, fresh celebrity names linked to the tenth series include EastEnders actor Sid Owen and Olympic gymnast Louis Smith.

Strictly's launch show will air on Saturday, September 15 on BBC One.

LostVoodoo
05-09-2012, 13:17
The rumour is that the official line-up is being announced on Friday

Perdita
07-09-2012, 08:25
THE Beeb are handing ITV1’s Daybreak a major publicity boost – by signing their showbiz editor Richard Arnold as a contestant for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Strictly turned to the breakfast show favourite at the eleventh hour after looking at the line-up for their tenth series, which starts tomorrow week, and deciding it needed more FUN.

They hope Arnold — known as Soapy Dick thanks to a former soap slot on GMTV — will win over viewers with his camp humour.

A source said: “He will be our Strictly Clown this year and he is appy to play that role.

“Russell Grant was a huge hit on Strictly last year and we are hoping that Richard will attract the same fans. He is hilarious and during meetings had everyone in stitches with his camp jokes.

“He is a great signing for us — we’re delighted to have him on board.”

The source added: “Richard is well up for the show and Strictly’s producers hope he will promote it to viewers of Daybreak.

“But it will mean they also end up promoting Daybreak on Strictly — which has far more viewers.”

It is a boost Daybreak could really use because it is still struggling in the ratings despite its relaunch on Monday.

Meanwhile, CBBC actress Dani Harmer will also be taking to the dancefloor after a musical she was starring in was axed.

Touring production Disco Inferno was cancelled for financial reasons, after an investor withdrew.

Strictly bosses snapped up Dani — best known for playing kids’ favourite Tracy Beaker — in a bid to appeal to viewers with young children.

A spokesman for Dani last night denied claims by Disco Inferno’s producers that she quit to take part in the BBC1 contest.

Other contestants signed up for the new run of Strictly include two Team GB medal heroes from the London 2012 Olympics — cyclist Victoria Pendleton and gymnast Louis Smith.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/4524914/Breakfast-TVs-soapy-Dick-is-up-for-Strictly.html#ixzz25laBBGKv

LostVoodoo
08-09-2012, 21:37
They way the BBC are drip-feeding the contestants out to us this year is infuriating! Get on with it for heaven's sake!

Perdita
09-09-2012, 15:21
Former soap stars Sid Owen and Lisa Riley are the latest stars lined up for Strictly Come Dancing, according to clues on the show's official website.

Children's TV star Dani Harmer, Westlife's Nicky Byrne, Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh and Daybreak's Richard Arnold are the four celebrities officially confirmed for the series so far.

The BBC Strictly site has released clues about other contestants, which hint heavily at Riley and Owen's involvement.

One clue reads "This guy is onto a good thing going", referencing EastEnders actor Owen's reggae pop hit 'Good Thing Going', which reached No.14 in 2000.

Another clue says "Now she's in the Strictly frame. Can this lady stand out from the pack?", alluding to Riley's work on You've Been Framed and Emmerdale.

Strictly kicks off its tenth series on Saturday, September 15 at 6.30pm on BBC One.

Perdita
10-09-2012, 06:25
James Bond actor Colin Salmon is the latest signing for Strictly Come Dancing, Digital Spy has learned.

Salmon, who appeared in Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day, is one of the final names to be lined up for the ballroom dance show.

The Hollywood actor, who was once voted in People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World list, has also appeared as One in the Resident Evil film franchise.

His TV credits include Spooks, Strike Back and Law & Order UK.

Salmon will join a lineup featuring Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh, Westlife's Nicky Byrne, TV presenter Richard Arnold and CBBC star Dani Harmer.

Strictly Come Dancing launches on Saturday, September 15 at 6.30pm on BBC One.

alan45
11-09-2012, 00:53
The Professional Dancers

Anton Du Beke
Strictly favourite Anton specialises in ballroom dancing and has been performing since the age of 14. As a seasoned pro, Anton has appeared in every series of Strictly, although he is yet to lift the glitter-ball trophy. His professional partner is fellow Strictly dancer Erin Boag.

Aliona Vilani
Aliona is stiff competition after lifting the glitterball trophy last year with contestant Harry Judd. She began ballroom dancing in Russia at the age of 11 and as an all-round contender she specialises in Ten Dance as well as Salsa, Hip-Hop and Jazz. In 2001, Aliona was selected by the National Dance Congress to compete against the World Teams for the US and in 2008, became part of the Dancing With The Stars Tour. Aliona’s professional partner is Strictly dancer Pasha Kovalev.

Artem Chigvintsev
Russian-born Artem is a Latin specialist and lifted the glitter-ball with partner Kara Tointon in series eight. Dancing has taken Artem all over the world and he has worked on various dance projects, including So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With The Stars. This series, Artem’s professional partner Karen Hauer joins him for the first time on Strictly.

Brendan Cole
Kiwi Brendan specialises in all things Latin American and began dancing at the age of six, going on to become the New Zealand and Asian Open Professional Champion. Brendan was the first celebrity to lift the glitterball trophy in series one with Natasha Kaplinsky and has also been a judge on the New Zealand version of Strictly.

Erin Boag
Kiwi Erin is a strong competitor and specialises in ballroom, alongside her professional partner and fellow Strictly dancer, Anton du Beke. Having danced together since 1997, turning professional in 2002, the pair have graced the series from the very beginning.

Flavia Cacace
Ten Dance and Argentine Tango specialist Flavia was born in southern Italy and has been dancing with her current professional partner and Strictly dancer Vincent Simone, for the past 14 years. Most recently they have performed together in the sell-out UK tour of Midnight Tango.

James Jordon
Straight-talking James is a Latin American specialist who started dancing at the age of 11. Together with his professional partner, wife and fellow Strictly professional dancer, Ola Jordan, James has competed in many competitions and they have also both taught Latin American dance in Hong Kong. After taking a break, the duo returned to competitive dancing in 2005, becoming Latin American Closed British Finalists.

Karen Hauer
Venezualan born newcomer Karen joins her professional partner Strictly’s Artem Chigvintsev for the first time this series. After graduating from 'Fame School' La Guardia High School, she soon became two times United States Amateur American Rhythm National Champion, Professional World Mambo Champion and United States Professional Rising Star Champion. After appearing in So You Think You Can Dance in 2009 she joined Burn The Floor on Broadway as a principal dancer until 2012.

Kristina Rihanoff
Siberian-born Kristina is passionate about Latin and Ballroom. Dancing from a young age, Kristina has won a multitude of competitions and began teaching dance at the age of 16. As well as Strictly, she has been involved with Dancing with the Stars in the US and assisted with choreography for So You Think You Can Dance.

Natalie Lowe
Ballroom specialist Natalie started dancing in Australia at the age of the three. She has appeared in seven series of Dancing With The Stars in Australia and has an impressive track record on the show, winning the first series and coming second in three others. Natalie narrowly missed out on lifting the glitterball trophy in 2009 after coming running up with Ricky Whittle after Len described them as 'maybe the most formidable couple Strictly had ever seen.’

Ola Jordan
Ola began dancing at the age of 12 and by the age of 17, was placed in the Top 12 of the World Championships. She danced to victory in the seventh series of Strictly with partner Chris Hollins and is married to her professional partner and Strictly professional James Jordan.

Pasha Kovalev
Siberian-born Pasha returns this year with his passion for all things Ballroom and Latin, after coming runner up with Chelsee Healey last year. Since his early dancing days, Pasha has gone from strength to strength; he was a finalist on the US version of So You Think You Can Dance and has also performed on Broadway and in the West End in Burn the Floor. Pasha’s professional partner is fellow Strictly dancer Alioni Vilani.

Robin Windsor
Having started dancing at the age of three, Robin had a successful youth career until the age of 20. He followed this with a major world-wide touring dance show, performing on Broadway and the West End in shows such as Burn the Floor and Floorplay.

Vincent Simone
Italian Vincent joined the dancing scene aged seven and has strong dance roots, as his parents are professional Ballroom and Latin dance teachers. He has performed worldwide and has achieved many titles alongside his professional partner and Strictly dancer, Flavia Cacace, including Professional Ten Dance (the five International Ballroom dances and the five International Latin Dances) and World Argentine Tango Show Champions. Most recently, Vincent and Flavia have performed in the sell-out UK tour of Midnight Tango.

alan45
11-09-2012, 00:53
The Women

Dani Harmer

Dani Harmer is best known for playing Tracy Beaker in the hit CBBC series The Story of Tracy Beaker. She played the character for over 10 years and picked up a children’s BAFTA award for Best Drama and a nomination for an RTE award for Best Drama. She has most recently starred in her own series Dani’s House. Determined, fun-loving and feisty she’ll give her all to the competition and is likely to be a bit of a handful for the judges!

What are you most looking forward to about taking part in Strictly?

The thing I'm most looking forward to is learning all the different styles of dance. I've always wanted to learn how to tango, and now I might get the chance! I'm also really looking forward to finding out who my partner is, I've never had to dancewith anyone else before so it will certainly be a challenge.

Do you think appearing on Let’s Dance for Sport Relief earlier this year will help your nerves going in to Strictly?

It will definitely help. Let's Dance for Sport Relief is like the perfect warm up to Strictly. I know what it feels like to have to learn a routine in a short space of time, and I know what it feels like to have to dance in front of millions of people. That will help, but I'm still incredibly nervous about stepping onto the ballroom floor.

The sparkly Strictly costumes couldn’t be further from your look as Tracy Beaker – are you looking forward to embracing the spray tan and sequins?

I'm quite a tomboy so I wouldn't say I'm overly excited about the spray tan but I will embrace it and enjoy it. As for the sequins and glitter – I'm a girl, I can't wait!

Denise Van Outen

Queen of Essex Denise Van Outen is a star of stage and screen. After beginning her career on The Big Breakfast she has since gone on to command lead roles in the West End and Broadway as Roxie Hart in Chicago, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and starred in Legally Blonde The Musical. Sexy and self-assured, Denise is sure to set sparks flying on the dancefloor.

What are you most looking forward to about Strictly?

There’s so many things! Firstly of course all the costumes, I’m sure every woman taking part says that. But mainly the dancing, because when I was a kid I just loved to dance, and I can’t wait to just get into it, and be feeling really fit andhealthy. I’m really looking forward to the group numbers the most, all dancing together and having a laugh.

What made you decide to take part in Strictly this year?

Most years I’ve tried to watch, but often been in shows, so I’ve never been able to do it myself. Last year I was in Legally Blonde, and I remember being sat in my dressing room watching Holly Valance doing her Chicago number, and I just thought ‘I want to be doing that!’ I knew that when the chance came that I really wanted to do it, and this year finally I can!

How would you rate your dancing skills out of 10?

Well I can move, I can do the basics, I’ve got the basic dancing skills thanks to theatre school. But this is all really new to me, and I haven’t danced properly for about 15 years. When I say properly, I mean in a stage show when I’ve had to dance. I’d give myself maybe a four out of ten. I’m most nervous about the fact that people will think I can dance already because of my stage career, but I’ve actually never had a true dancing role. Even in Chicago, Roxy is not the dancing role. She is sitting on a chair most of the time, and not in any of the group numbers. That’s what I worry about the most, people thinking I’m a dancer when I’m not. I’m hoping that after this I might be able to be cast in more dancing roles on the stage, that’s my hope.

Fern Britton

TV presenter and household name Fern Britton is no stranger to the dancefloor after she dazzled the judges in 2010 on the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special. Best known for her presenting roles on This Morning and Ready, Steady, Cook, Fern is also a published author and her autobiography remained in the top ten best sellers list for twelve weeks. With a real love of all things ballroom, Fern may prove stiff competition on the dancefloor this series.

What are you looking for from your professional dance partner?

Well all of the professional dancers on Strictly Come Dancing are just that – professional. I have the utmost respect for all of them. I think I would choose someone kind, someone patient, but someone who will work me hard. I will give my absolute all if my professional partner is encouraging.

Are you looking forward to entering the full glitzy and glamorous world of Strictly – sequins and spray tan? Have you ever done anything quite like this before?

I am absolutely ready to get on the production line of Strictly. Rather like a car factory I shall arrive as an unformed blob shoved onto the conveyor belt. I shall be sprayed, spangled, totally upholstered and polished ready for the showroom! I cannot wait.

Did you have your eye on any competition when you met your fellow contestants at the promo shoot recently? Who do you think is going to be the one to watch?

Absolutely all of the other contestants are impossibly gorgeous and slinky hipped. Jerry Hall is a complete icon, Victoria Pendleton is a powerhouse, Nicky Byrne and Louis Smith are absolutely adorable. It is going to be a great fun series. Bring it on!

Jerry Hall

American model and actress Jerry Hall is no stranger to showbiz after becoming one of the top supermodels of the 70s and 80s. Her celebrity status rocketed even further after gracing magazine covers such as Vogue and high profile relationships with rock royalty. She has gone on to become an actress starring in films such as Batman and on stage in The Graduate and High Society. As she leaves the catwalk for the dancefloor will she captivate the fearsome judges with her Texan charm?

What are you most looking forward to about taking part in Strictly?

I’m looking forward to learning all those wonderful dances – the Waltz, the American Smooth, and especially the Tango - it’s such a sexy dance, so passionate. It’s all going to be so exciting.

I hope my dance partner will be fun yet firm and tall enough to lead me! As the youngest and tallest of five girls, back in Texas, I always had to take the lead and be the guy, so being led around the ballroom will be a nice experience for me.

Will you get any hints or tips from famous friends who have taken part in Strictly before?

I’ve spoken to some friends who have appeared on the show in the past, and they’ve all said what great fun the whole thing is, totally engrossing… and VERY hard work!

Kimberley Walsh

As one fifth of the biggest girl band in the UK, Girls Aloud, Kimberley Walsh has notched up 20 consecutive top ten singles (including four number ones), five platinum albums and sold in excess of 4.2 million albums. Most recently she has stormed the West End with a sellout performance as Princess Fiona in Shrek The Musical. With her musical background, will she be turning the other competitors green with envy?

What made you decide to sign up for Strictly this year?

It felt like the right time, I had considered it in the past and there was always too much going on and I was a little bit scared of it probably. And then doing Shrek and being terrified to do that but then loving it made me think I’d probably really love the experience if I can be brave enough to go for it, so I am! It’s totally up my street, something I’ll really enjoy, I’m sure I’ll thoroughly embrace it. I thought why wait; go for it whilst I’ve got the chance.

What do your Girls Aloud band mates think of you taking part?

I asked them before I signed up to it, and Cheryl basically told me I had to do it. She gave me no choice! They’re really excited about it, they’re really happy that I’m doing it. For them it’s going to be great because they can just chill out and watch. They are really supportive of the decision, so they’ll no doubt be coming down to cheer me on.

How do you think you’d feel if you had to perform to one of your own songs?

I thought about that actually, whether I would ever have to do that. I wouldn’t mind to be honest; you’re in tune with the music so much. For me, the music choice is quite a big thing; I’m probably going to be a bit bossy about that. For me it makes a massive difference if I love the song I’m performing to, so hopefully we get a bit of choice in the matter.

Lisa Riley

Lisa Riley became a household name as feisty barmaid Mandy Dingle in the ITV1 soap Emmerdale. Her popularity saw her take over from Jeremy Beadle as host of popular TV show You’ve Been Framed and go on to star in Fat Friends and Scott and Bailey. Lisa has also starred in a string of successful theatre tours including Calendar Girls and The Vagina Monologues. Lisa has a big personality and as an all-round performer, she is sure to keep the judges entertained.

Do you think all of your stage work will prepare you for dancing in front of the audience in the Strictly studio?

I hope so – but I think I’ll be VERY nervous heading into it, especially the first show. I think my mum will be on my shoulder keeping an eye on me and with me every step of the way. It was one of her absolute favourite shows. For the first three weeks on any new show you have a washing-machine stomach, but then things settle down and you get into it.

How do you rate your dance skills out of ten currently - should the other celebrity contestants be worried?

No! The others should not be worried - AT ALL! The first couple of weeks I will definitely be totally two-left-footed, but I think we all will. I’ve done a bit of dancing before in a couple of shows, but this is totally different. It’s like a comedy-drama actor suddenly having to learn Shakespeare.

How do you feel about the costumes - are you ready to be dowsed in spray-tan and sequins?

I’ve never had a spray tan in my life! I’m frightened of looking like an Oompa Loompa! I don’t want to look shiny – I am incredibly pale so I think I might look a bit ridiculous but I’m going to throw myself into the Strictly experience 100%.

Victoria Pendleton

Gold medal winner Victoria Pendleton MBE is the golden girl of British cycling. After winning nine world titles, including a record six in the individual sprint competition, she also went on to win a silver and gold in the London 2012 Olympics. Victoria is the reigning World Champion for the sprint and also an Olympic, European and Commonwealth champion. As she swaps her bike for the ballroom will Victoria’s competitive edge see her through to the final?

For me, retiring after the Olympics was always going to be a bit hard to follow, and knowing what it’s like post competition when you feel a bit lost and a bit ‘what do I do now?’ having something to focus on whether the result was good or bad at the Olympics was a great thing to do.

So how would you rate your current dancing skills out of 10?

About nil! Zero. Actually I’m going to give myself 0.5 out of 10 only for the fact that I’m not frightened to have a laugh at myself, so I’ll give it a go! I’ll go out there and give it a go. If I was at a party and amongst friends then I’d definitely have a bit of a boogie but other than that not so much. With my wedding coming up expectations will be very high now for our first dance! My fiance Scott is already feeling the pressure, but I reckon Scott’s quite good; he has more dance skills already than I have currently.

Are you going to be competitive against your other Team GB celebrity, Louis Smith?

Yes I am annoyed they put another athlete in especially one that can probably dance loads better than I can! And he can also do tricks as well! I can’t do any tricks. He’s going to be flipping on to the dance floor, that’s what I imagine. So I’m slightly intimidated by Louis. I have no dance experience, which is slightly concerning. People might feel sorry for me, I hope so!

alan45
11-09-2012, 00:55
The Men

Colin Salmon

One of the UK's leading actors, Colin Salmon has found fame alongside stars such as Pierce Brosnan and Dame Judi Dench. He has starred in three Bond films as Charles Robinson; Die Another Day, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough alongside numerous other TV and film roles including blockbuster Resident Evil and Doctor Who. An avid football supporter and once ranked in People magazine's poll of 50 Most Beautiful People in the world, Colin could be set to thrill on the Strictly dance floor.

I absolutely love dancing and I know three ex-champions ? Darren Gough, Mark Ramprakash and Tom Chambers ? and they all had a ball, but the only advice they have given me is to look after my feet!

What are you looking for in a dance partner?

I think you look for the same qualities as someone you might act with ? someone who is honest and someone who has patience.

What do your family and friends think?

My wife has been on at me for ages to do it and I wasn?t sure, but I hit a certain age and I decided that it was time to have some fun! Those people I have told are really excited, a lot of people in my life have always been very supportive and this is for them really.

Johnny Ball

Johnny Ball is known to millions for popularising science and maths. With a career spanning over 40 years, he has written and presented 23 solo television series including Think Of A Number, Think Again, Johnny Ball Reveals All and presented Playschool for 17 years. Today he spends his time travelling the country giving presentations on maths and science to schools and businesses, plus he is proud dad of It Takes Two presenter Zoe Ball. As the oldest ever contestant on Strictly will Johnny?s old school charm and experience see him through to the final?

Meeting the other contestants and especially the dancers, who are all so fit and healthy. The way the group becomes one big self-supportive happy family is perhaps the greatest attraction in doing the show.

How would you rate your dancing skills out of 10?

It is not how I rate them. It is how Craig will rate them - I'd hate to be the first contestant to get a minus score from him.

How do you feel about being the oldest contestant ever to take part in Strictly?

Thank God they've asked me now. Imagine if they'd waited another 20 years.

What does your daughter think about you doing Strictly ? has she given you any tips or advice?

I kept it secret from Zoe for over six weeks, which I hated doing, as we tell each other everything. She is over the moon with excitement. I know that on It Takes Two she will be as impartial as is possible for a girl who loves her dad. For me, the great worry is causing her embarrassment.

Louis Smith

British gymnast Louis Smith is a master of his craft after winning a silver medal on the pommel horse at this year?s London 2012 Olympics, narrowly missing out on the gold on execution points. He also formed part of the team that took the bronze in the men's artistic team all-around at the games this year. Straight from London 2012, self-assured, determined and fresh from captaining this year?s men?s GB gymnastics team is Louis set for victory again?

What made you decide to sign up to Strictly this year?

It?s a very prestigious show, it?s definitely one of the best shows on TV at the moment, and I think it?s an honour as well as being great fun to be part of the show. Coming off the back of the Olympics and having been on such a high, I think this is one of the only shows that can match that in terms of the adrenalin buzz and being part of something special.

Someone to be very strict and keep me on the straight and narrow! I need someone who?s not shy about putting in the hours in training. I don?t think me being a gymnast means I?m going to do amazingly well, I?ll have to learn the routines and you can make mistakes, you can trip. I tried on the Latin dance shoes and nearly rolled my ankle! It?ll be tough but I?d like to think the girls will be fighting over me!

You are clearly competitive in your day job ? do you think you will be when it comes to Strictly too?

I am a very competitive person and I definitely want to do well. Win is a big word, and if you say that then you put yourself under a lot of pressure. But I definitely want to go all the way.

Michael Vaughan

Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan was ranked one of the best cricket players in the world following the 2002/3 Ashes, in which he scored 633 runs. He was the captain of the England team when they regained the Ashes in 2005, 18 years after having last won the trophy and captained England in 51 Tests, winning 26 (a national record). Now retired, Michael is a professional commentator for all of England?s major cricket games. But with cricketers Mark Ramprakash and Darren Gough both winning in previous years, will Michael make it past the first innings or be stumped from the start?

I?m looking forward to meeting new people, but mostly I am very nervous. It?s quite petrifying, in my profession I am used to playing cricket in front of thousands of people but I had done it since I was eight - this is something completely different.

Two cricketers have won the show in previous series, are you feeling any pressure?

I am here to prove that most cricketers are more like Phil Tufnell and can?t dance! Gough and Ramprakash were amazing, Ramprakash in particular was a natural, he should be on stage ? maybe he could be my coach?!

How would you rate your dancing out of 10?

Around 3am I am alright ? anything before that is not worth talking about, I?m rubbish.

Nicky Byrne

Nicky Byrne is a singer/songwriter and one quarter of famous Irish pop band Westlife, one of the most successful bands of the 90s and 2000s. The group sold over 45 million records worldwide, accumulated 14 number-one singles in the UK and had 26 top ten singles over their 14 year career, performing for the last time together in June 2012. Will success be against all odds or will Nicky?s musical background and Irish charm see him through to the final?

What made you decide to do Strictly this year?

As a band we performed on Strictly a couple of times and I remember always looking at the contestants and seeing the fear in their eyes and thinking this has a real buzz and excitement about it. So when Westlife ended and I was thinking about what I was going to do next, I jumped at the chance to do Strictly.

So how would you rate your current dancing skills out of 10?

Raving in a club when I was 15 or 16 years old I would say I was about a seven or eight out of ten. When it comes to a Westlife dance routine eight or nine, but ballroom dancing I have absolutely no idea, maybe a minus ten!

Do you think you might be the one to lift the glitterball trophy this year?

I?m confident and will give it a good shot, but I?ve seen how good Harry was last year and he looked like Patrick Swayze, I keep thinking ?I can?t do that!? But there is no point being competitive until I know how good I am ? I could be the joker of the pack!

Richard Arnold

Housewives favourite Richard Arnold is a firmly established journalist and presenter who became known as the cheeky showbiz reporter on GMTV. He appeared on the show for 13 years, leaving in 2010. He has hosted numerous shows since including Loose Lips, and The Planet?s Funniest Animals and also has a weekly column in Hello! magazine. In June 2012 he returned to ITV Breakfast as Showbiz Editor for Daybreak. Fun and flamboyant, will Richard have the insider scoop and impress the judges?

Up until my costume fitting it was the lustre and the lycra! But then I discovered that the latin pants cut you higher than is faintly decent, and saw a muffin top in the mirror Delia would be proud of. It dawned on me that it's not everyone who can carry off marabou under a mirror ball on a Saturday night. It didn't help when the wardrobe department also had to slash my shirt at the back to help me get in it!

How do you rate your chances out of ten and should your fellow contestants be worried?

A loose four! I delude myself as best as the next man that I can tear up the rug on a Saturday night after a spot of sauce in the right company but co-ordination is not a skill I'm renowned for. I used to be first on the dance floor and last to leave but when you ripen into middle youth, it pays to develop exit skills before the lights come up!

A number of colleagues from breakfast telly have taken part. Have any of them asked for any tips?

I haven't told a soul about Strictly! I know how nervous they all were about taking part and I could see the fear in their eyes every Friday before they were due to take part, as palpable as their relief on the Monday when they'd survived another week. Not one of them regrets it, though, and I know they still miss the frocks. Andrew Castle especially, but then he has the physique of a tennis pro.

Sid Owen

Actor Sid Owen is most famous for playing EastEnders character Ricky Butcher, the loveable, hapless mechanic and long suffering husband of Bianca. He played the character on and off for nearly 25 years until his recent departure in June 2012, making him one of the most recognizable faces on UK television. Sid previously ran a restaurant in France and became a published authored in 2007 with his cookery book Life on a Plate: The Journey of an Unlikely Chef - he?s a man that can sing, act and cook ? but can he dance?

Why have you decided to take part in Strictly this year?

I have enjoyed watching the show over the years and I have had lots of friends that have taken part in it. They have all always really enjoyed it, so I thought it was my time to give it a go! I am really looking forward to the whole experience, but mainly learning to dance and getting dressed up in all the outfits every weekend.

What qualities are you looking for in your dance partner?

I don?t mind, they are all great dancers, but I suppose I am looking for patience most of all - I?m not a dancer so feel like a bit of an underdog, but it gives me more motivation to work hard and get better.

How would you rate your dancing out of 10?

Not very highly - I don?t think I?m a very good dancer. Even at parties I?m the boring one who stands at the bar and hardly moves, I just sway in time to the music at the side and stay off the dancefloor!

tammyy2j
11-09-2012, 11:59
Is Charlie Brooks not doing it now?

Chloe O'brien
14-09-2012, 21:56
Any idea who will be pairing up with who.

tammyy2j
16-09-2012, 19:23
Denise or Nicky to win

Perdita
17-09-2012, 05:55
The pairings for this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing have been revealed on tonight's premiere.

The professional dancers opened the show with a choreographed dance around BBC Television Centre, with special appearances from Bruce Forsyth, Tess Daly, Craig Horwood and new judge Darcey Bussell.

Ballerina Bussell also performed an American Smooth-inspired routine with professional dancer Ian Waite, and popstar Mika also made a special appearance accompanied by the Strictly pros.

The pairings for the 2012 series are as follows:

Colin Salmon and Kristina Rihanoff
Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone
Denise Van Outen and James Jordan
Fern Britton and Artem Chigvintsev
Jerry Hall and Anton Du Beke
Johnny Ball and Aliona Vilani
Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev
Lisa Riley and Robin Windsor
Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace
Michael Vaughan and Natalie Lowe
Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer
Richard Arnold and Erin Boag
Sid Owen and Ola Jordan
Victoria Pendleton and Brendan Cole

Judge Bruno Tonioli said of the pairings and the new series: "I am literally throbbing! To the point of hyperventilation. I cannot wait to get my eyes on some of these girls. I cannot wait to see Victoria, Denise and Kimberly performing the raunchy rumba and the saucy salsa.

"Sid and Ola could be the Ricky and Bianca of the dance floor. You can get all the stormy relationships, and more ups and downs then the plot of EastEnders! I'm looking forward to that. Then you've got Nicky and Karen. I want to see the wild side of Westlife!"

Len Goodman added: "Fern and hunky Artem are going to be fabulous. I remember when she was on the Christmas special and I'll tell you what, she can shake it about. And what about Dani and Vincent? Young, fresh and frisky. A couple of dancing munchkins out there.

"And Brendan has got the perfect one - Victoria. Get on your bike, son, she'll say. I've got a feeling they're going to be like a couple on a tandem, going along smoothly right into that final. "

Strictly Come Dancing continues on October 5, where seven celebrities will be performing for the first time with their new partners.

megan999
06-10-2012, 16:26
STRICTLY Come Dancing star James Jordan is nursing a broken nose after his wife Ola bust it during rehearsals today.
The professional dancer received an accidental kick in the face as they practised a group dance for the show’s return.
But after seeing medics, Jordan is planning to carry on with tonight’s first show of the series in which he will perform with celebrity partner Denise Van Outen.
He was determined to carry on with the programme for the sake of Denise, who missed her beloved grandfather’s funeral to train and hoped to appear in his “honour”.
Another pro from the series, Artem Chigvintsev, received a minor injury today when he had a whack in the face from Flavia Cacace’s elbow.
But he is thought to have escaped with just bruising to his cheek.
Source; The Sun

megan999
13-10-2012, 13:12
STRICTLY Come Dancing diva Jerry Hall is having a backstage war with producers who banned her from performing in her own rhinestone-encrusted frock.

Jerry, 56, brought in the gown — complete with huge feathers — and insisted she be allowed to wear it for tonight’s waltz to Marilyn Monroe’s I Wanna Be Loved By You.

But angry producers refused after spending hours coming up with a dress for the Texan model, resulting in tense scenes in the dressing room.

A source said: “Jerry brought in this cream creation and said, ‘Right, I’m wearing this’. Everyone was a bit taken aback as it was quite the dress.

“There were hundreds of rhinestones, and it had feathers sticking out the bottom. It was very elaborate, like something she might have worn on the catwalk.

“But producers told her she can’t wear it as the BBC has a big costume team that makes the outfits for everyone.

“The overall look of the contestants needs to feel right and it’d look odd if one wore something totally ‘out there’.”

Jerry, partnered with Anton Du Beke, has been assigned a blue and black number — but was said to be still determined to wear her dress.

The source said: “She’s digging in for the fight.” The Sun told last week how Jerry insisted on her own MUSIC, selecting a track picked by rocker ex Mick Jagger.

All 14 contestants dance tonight and the first eviction will be aired tomorrow. Johnny Ball is Ladbrokes’ 9/4 favourite for the boot.

Source:The Sun

megan999
13-10-2012, 13:12
========

Dutchgirl
13-10-2012, 13:49
Ah well that is was you get with "divas".

Katy
13-10-2012, 18:36
I really don't like jerry.

Lisa to win...she's my favourite even at this early stage.

Katy
13-10-2012, 18:36

moonstorm
13-10-2012, 22:20
Gosh Jerry looked soooooo uncomfortable tonight. Poor Brendan.

tammyy2j
13-10-2012, 23:52
Hope Nicky stays

Katy
14-10-2012, 15:09
Michael Vaughan bless him had absolutely no rhythm!!!

Some very good dances even at this early stage. Denise and James were amazing last night.

Katy
14-10-2012, 15:09
Michael Vaughan bless him had absolutely no rhythm!!!

Some very good dances even at this early stage. Denise and James were amazing last night.

megan999
21-10-2012, 17:04
I think that Michael deserves to be in the dance-off. Danni and Vincent are my favourites at the moment :D

tammyy2j
21-10-2012, 17:59
Lisa is doing very well as is Louis and also Denise

megan999
22-10-2012, 17:02
JERRY HALL last night became the second celebrity to be kicked off Strictly Come Dancing.

The Texan supermodel ended up in the bottom two after her Mrs Robinson quickstep with Anton du Beke failed to win over judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Craig Revel Horwood and Darcey Bussell.

She got just 18 points, the second-lowest score on the night. When viewer votes were factored in, it didn’t save Jerry from the dance-off.

She was up against ex-England cricket captain Michael Vaughan and all the panel save Bruno voted to send her home.

Jerry had vowed to dance next week to Rolling Stones hit Paint It Black after her ex Mick Jagger suggested it for a paso doble. It was rumoured he might even appear in the audience.

Jerry said of her exit: “I’m a woman of a certain age and did find the training exhausting, so I am relieved to put my feet up.

“Craig’s comments were humiliating but sheep don’t associate with wolves – and for a dang good reason.

“The judges had a very high standard but I did my best and thought my dances looked great – and my body looks so good it has only done good things for me and my career.”

Praising her dance partner, Jerry added: “Anton is a beautiful dancer. I loved watching him dance and loved learning a new hobby. He has such polish, poise and charm. We laughed so much and will remain friends.

“I also had a great time with all the other celebrities. They were such a sweet, fun gang".

source: The Sun

IMO she was the Rylan Clarke of SCD, entertaining but not much talent! Sad to see her go.

megan999
22-10-2012, 17:03
Lisa is doing very well as is Louis and also Denise

I love watching Lisa & Robin dance:thumbsup:

Perdita
22-10-2012, 20:14
Bruce Forsyth is to take a break from Strictly Come Dancing midway through the series.

The presenter will miss the show on November 10 so he can rest before hosting the following weekend's live Children in Need episode from Wembley Arena, according to the Daily Mail.

The 84-year-old apparently wants to recuperate from the strain of hosting Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday nights. The Sunday night results show is pre-recorded shortly after the main show finishes.

Tess Daly will serve as the main host, while former It Takes Two presenter Claudia Winkleman will take on Daly's role backstage with the contestants.

Forsyth is said to have negotiated the week-long break with producers before the tenth series began filming in September.

A Strictly Come Dancing spokesman said: "Even national treasures are allowed to take a week off. Sir Bruce is taking a short break so he can be on top form and fighting fit for the Children in Need show at Wembley the following week."

The Children in Need Strictly Come Dancing special, rumoured to feature performances from Kylie Minogue and Girls Aloud, airs on November 17.

megan999
26-10-2012, 14:08
Strictly none dancing - Strike fear over pay
THE Strictly Come Dancing tour is under threat after ALL the professional dancers threatened to quit over a pay freeze.

Bosses emailed show favourites to tell them their £5,500-a-week wages — less than half the £13,000 paid to celebrities — would not be going up.

Seven stars, including last year’s winner Aliona Vilani, runner-up Pasha Kovalev and No 3 Kristina Rihanoff are determined to walk out unless they are offered more money.

Yesterday, in a desperate bid to get the dancers to sign for another tour, Strictly chiefs upped the figure to £6,000 but this offer has been declined.

The stars hit back demanding a weekly income of £8,000 but have yet to get a response.

However, bosses are worried that replacing the familiar faces will upset the show’s celebrities and cause ticket sales to plummet.

A source said: “The pro dancers work like dogs on tour. As well as dancing, they are responsible for choreography and preparing the celebrities for the performance.

“Some dancers feel the bosses have forgotten they are household names in their own right.”

Tour bosses hope to sign Denise Van Outen, Kimberley Walsh, Lisa Riley, Dani Harmer and Louis Smith for the 2013 tour, which is scheduled to kick off in January.

A tour spokesman said: "The tour is not in jeopardy. All dates will proceed as advertised."

Perdita
02-11-2012, 13:38
The songlist for this week's Strictly Come Dancing has been released.

Saturday's show will see the remaining 11 couples battle it out to stay in the competition and move one step closer to the final.

Last week saw EastEnders star Sid Owen and partner Ola Jordan bow out after finishing in the bottom two alongside James Bond actor Colin Salmon and Kristina Rihanoff.

This series of Strictly has been more popular than ever, with last week's results show bringing in 9.4m viewers, even more than usual Sunday night ratings winner Downton Abbey.

Bosses will be hoping to avoid a repeat of last weekend's incident where Louis Smith accidentally revealed the outcome of the results show a day early on Twitter.

The songlist for this week's Strictly is as follows:

Colin & Kristina - Foxtrot to 'Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive' by Aretha Franklin
Dani & Vincent - Jive to 'Dance With Me Tonight' by Olly Murs
Denise & James - Viennese Waltz to 'At Last' by Etta James
Fern & Artem - Paso Doble to 'Espana Cani' by Ross Mitchell Orchestra
Kimberley & Pasha - Salsa to 'Naughty Girl' by Beyonce
Lisa & Robin - Tango to 'Let's Stick Together' by Bryan Ferry
Louis & Flavia - Samba to 'La Bomba' by Ricky Martin
Michael & Natalie - Foxtrot to '(I Get the) Sweetest Feeling' by Jackie Wilson
Nicky & Karen - Rumba to 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' by Aerosmith
Richard & Erin - Foxtrot to 'Big Spender' by Shirley Bassey
Victoria & Brendan - Samba to 'It's Not Unusual' by Tom Jones

megan999
04-11-2012, 13:22
In my opinion, Victoria, Colin and Richard were the weakest yesterday. But I hope that Richard & Erin stay :D Dani and Vincent were my favourites :)

Perdita
09-11-2012, 10:54
Strictly Come Dancing's full list of celebrity routines and song choices have been confirmed ahead of this weekend's live show.

The 10 remaining celebs will tackle foxtrots, salsas, charlestons and waltzes to tracks like Adele's 'Rumour Has It', Andy Williams's 'Moon River' and the White Stripes's 'Seven Nation Army'.

Strictly Saturday performance list:

Dani & Vincent - Tango to 'Rumour Has It' by Adele
Denise & James - Paso to 'Seven Nation Army' by The White Stripes
Fern & Artem - Salsa to 'You'll Be Mine (Party Time)' by Gloria Estefan
Kimberley & Pasha - Viennese Waltz to 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri
Louis & Flavia - Waltz to 'Moon River' by Andy Williams
Lisa & Robin - Foxtrot to 'This Could Be (An Everlasting Love)' by Natalie Cole
Michael & Natalie - Salsa to 'I Want You Back' by The Jackson 5
Nicky & Karen - Foxtrot to 'The Best Is Yet To Come' by Michael Buble
Richard & Erin - Charleston to 'Pencil Full Of Lead' by Paolo Nutini
Victoria & Brendan - Quickstep to 'Luck Be A Lady' by Frank Sinatra

Strictly airs on Saturday night (November 10) at 6.30pm on BBC One.

megan999
11-11-2012, 10:33
Dani & Vincent and Richard & Erin were my favourites last night :D

megan999
13-11-2012, 10:05
STRICTLY had its best ratings of the series despite the absence of veteran presenter Bruce Forsyth.

The BBC1 show left X Factor two million behind for the second week running on Saturday night.

Strictly, which saw host Tess Daly joined by Claudia Winkleman for presenting duties, earned an audience of 10.4million viewers.

Some fans have now called for the BBC to ditch Bruce altogether.

Viewer Derek Rigsby, from Brecon, Wales, tweeted: “The show on Saturday was so much better without Bruce Forsyth. Please keep him off the show.”

Alan Johnson, from Middlewich, Cheshire, added: “Time to retire old fossil Bruce Forsyth.”

ITV1 rival X Factor won improved ratings as it showed a performance by One Direction, with an average of 8.4million viewers.

The previous week’s show only managed to attract 7.6million.

Source:The Sun

>>>>Personally, I missed Bruce Forsyth!:searchme:

Perdita
16-11-2012, 00:12
Strictly Come Dancing heads to Wembley this weekend for its annual Children in Need special.

The celebrity dancers will perform for their biggest ever audience as they take to the floor at Wembley Arena and attempt to move one step closer to the show's final.

The song list in full:

Victoria & Brendan perform the 'Paso Doble' to 'Bicycle Race'
Lisa & Robin perform the Samba to 'Car Wash'
Kimberley & Pasha perform the Samba to 'Livin La Vida Loca'
Michael & Natalie perform the American Smooth to 'New York, New York'
Denise & James perform the Charleston to 'Walk Like An Egyptian'
Louis & Flavia perform the American Smooth to 'I Got a Woman'
Dani & Vincent perform the Quickstep to 'You Can't Hurry Love'
Nicky & Karen perform the Jive to 'Jailhouse Rock'
Richard & Erin perform the salsa to 'Club Tropicana'

Strictly's Wembley special airs on Saturday (November 17) at 6.30pm on BBC One.

Chloe O'brien
18-11-2012, 01:04
My favourite couple this year is Robin & Lisa. Least favourite is Denise & James. (sorry James it's not you) It's Denise she just comes across so smug with her I'm so going to win this competition attitude. I know it's cruel but I so hope she would fall on her backside on the dance-floor to wipe that smug look off her face. On tonight's performances I wish Victoria would improve I really think her days are numbered poor Brendan. I care more about the professionals than I do the Celebrities.

megan999
18-11-2012, 11:41
Dani and Vincent were my favourites last night. Richard and Victoria in the dance-off IMO.

Perdita
18-11-2012, 19:35
Ronnie Corbett is rumoured to have been lined up as a possible replacement for Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing.

Show producers are said to be planning to approach a number of alternative hosts in case the 84-year-old decides to step down next year.

According to The Mirror, Corbett, 81, and professional dancer Anton du Beke - who has been on the BBC show since the start - are being considered as Forsyth's successors.

Claudia Winkleman, who used to present Strictly spinoff It Takes Two and now fills in for Forsyth on the Sunday results shows, is also being touted as an option.

"It's the first time we are hearing there could be movement with Bruce," a source told the paper.

"In previous years it's never even been spoken of. But *producers seem to think that this year is [Forsyth's] last and they need to be prepared."

Both Winkleman and Corbett have previously filled in for Forsyth, with Winkleman hosting last Saturday's programme so the entertainer could rest in preparation for last night's Wembley Arena live show (November 18).

Forsyth - who was last month named by Guinness World Records as the longest-serving male TV entertainer - had never voluntarily missed filming before last night.

"Ronnie's name is being mentioned around set and people seem to think it could mean Bruce is on the way out," the insider continued.

"Ronnie was never allowed to be a *contestant in case things with Bruce did come to an end and he was able to step in. He has the right temperament for the show, and viewers love him.

"He makes people smile and is full of life for his age. If Bruce is ready to go Ronnie is one solid option."

The source was keen to emphasise that the BBC want to retain Forsyth's involvement in Strictly for as long as possible.

"Brucie can't go on for ever," they said. "He's had a good innings but eventually he is going to want a quieter life. And even if he wasn't the main presenter he'd probably feature in some way.

"He's been struggling with the autocue this year more than ever. All the signs are there that he could bow out."

The current series of Strictly is one of the most popular ever and last week averaged 10.4m viewers across the two weekend shows. It has also consistently beaten ITV rival The X Factor in the ratings war.

"Bruce is a living legend and an integral part of Strictly," said BBC One controller Danny Cohen when asked about the rumours.

"He and only he will decide when it's time to leave the ballroom."

Strictly continues with the results show tonight at 7.20pm. The programme will also feature a performance by Girls Aloud.

Tuareet
19-11-2012, 09:50
Oh no not Ronnie Corbett, didn't enjoy the show when he stood in for Brucie before. I thought Tess and Claudia did a great job last week and also like Anton.

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2012, 03:03
This story rears it's ugly head every year. If Bruce does decided to hang up his tap-shoes then the job had to go to Anton or Vernon Kay but please keep Tess. She's has to stay.

Perdita
25-11-2012, 09:26
Kelly Brook, Natasha Kaplinsky, JLS's JB Gill and Fabrice Muamba have been revealed to be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing's one-off Christmas show.

It will be Brook's third Strictly appearance, after she danced in the 2007 series and the 2008 Christmas special.

The 33-year-old tweeted: "Excited to get back in the rehearsal Studio this week for @bbcstrictly Christmas Special! #Glitterballs."

Brook finished her stint in the burlesque show Crazy Horse on Friday (November 23), just in time to celebrate her 33rd birthday.

Also due to appear in the festive special is newsreader Kaplinsky, who won the first ever series in 2004, and singer Rachel Stevens.

Gill and former footballer Muamba, who suffered a near-fatal cardiac arrest on the pitch eight months ago, are the only beginners in the Christmas show.

Strictly's 2009 winner Chris Hollins, last year's runner-up Chelsee Healey and sprinter Colin Jackson will also appear.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a440638/kelly-brook-natasha-kaplinsky-for-strictly-christmas-lineup.html#ixzz2DE0PWRbL

megan999
25-11-2012, 12:47
I enjoyed the dances from Kimberly, Dani, Nicky and Denise last night. Not sure who should be in the bottom two, but sure to be a surprise.

megan999
26-11-2012, 13:02
Glad that Michael stayed. He is the one who has improved the most IMO.

tammyy2j
26-11-2012, 14:01
Victoria was awful deserved to go home

Some of the scores are way high imo

tammyy2j
26-11-2012, 14:01

Perdita
30-11-2012, 08:52
The latest dance routines and music choices for Strictly Come Dancing have been revealed.

Following Victoria Pendleton and Brendan Cole's elimination from Strictly last week, it is getting more difficult to predict who will be the next pairing to depart.

As the BBC show nears the business end of the competition, it is time for the couples to step up their game even higher.

The full list of routines this weekend:

Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev - Jive - 'Land of 1,000 Dances' by Wilson Pickett
Denise Van Outen and James Jordan - Salsa - 'Rhythm of the Night' by DeBarge/Valerie Andrews
Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace - Charleston - 'Dr Wanna Do' by Caro Emerald
Lisa Riley and Robin Windsor - Quickstep – 'Bring Me Sunshine' by Morecambe & Wise/Jive Aces
Michael Vaughan and Natalie Lowe - Samba - 'Tequila' by The Champs
Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer - Argentine Tango - 'Skyfall' by Adele
Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone - Viennese Waltz - 'That's Amore' by Dean Martin

Strictly airs on Saturday, December 1 at 6.50pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a441893/strictly-come-dancing-week-nine-routines-song-choices-revealed.html#ixzz2Dh6TzbUq

Chloe O'brien
01-12-2012, 00:46
I think the only two celebrities certain for the final are Denise and Dani. Although it pains me to say it,possibly Louis but it depends on his acting skills. I would prefer to see Lisa/Robin in the final as they have the best partnership this year without a doubt. She was given a hard time last week by the judges let's hope she picks herself up and her and Robin are top of the leader board.

Perdita
07-12-2012, 08:59
The latest dance routines and music choices for Strictly Come Dancing have been revealed.

Six couples remain as the BBC show enters the quarter-final stage of the competition, which will have a 'Dance Fusion' theme.

Each pair will dance a single routine that contains two styles of dance mixed together.

Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer - American Smooth-Foxtrot - 'Troublemaker' by Olly Murs
Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone - Charleston-Quickstep - 'Happy Feet' by Paul Wightman
Denise Van Outen and James Jordan - Quickstep-Jive - 'Reet Petite' by Jackie Wilson
Lisa Riley and Robin Windsor - Tango-Cha Cha Cha - 'Voulez-Vous' by ABBA
Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev - Cha Cha Cha-Tango - 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls
Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace - Rumba-Tango - 'With Or Without You' by U2

Strictly airs on Saturday, December 1 at 6.50pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a443578/strictly-come-dancing-week-ten-routines-song-choices-revealed.html#ixzz2EM3oJ482

Perdita
13-12-2012, 21:10
The dance routines and music choices for the Strictly Come Dancing semi-final have been confirmed.

The remaining five celebrities and their partners will perform two dances each for the first time this series in Saturday's (December 15) episode.

In a change to previous years, only one couple will be voted out in the Sunday results show, leaving four to compete in the final.

Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev: American Smooth - 'Fever' by Peggy Lee/Charleston - 'PrologueMain Title' by Ron Goodwin
Denise Van Outen and James Jordan: Tango - 'Roxanne' by The Police/Rumba - 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' by Leona Lewis
Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace: Foxtrot - 'Somebody That I Used To Know' by Gotye/Jive - 'Why Do Fools Fall In Love' by Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers
Lisa Riley and Robin Windsor: American Smooth - 'All That Jazz' by Chicago/Salsa - 'Best Years of Our Lives' by Modern Romance
Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone: American Smooth - 'I Just Haven't Met You Yet' by Michael Buble/Argentine Tango - 'Libertango' by Astor Piazzolla

Strictly Come Dancing airs Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a445049/strictly-come-dancing-semi-final-dances-music-confirmed.html#ixzz2Ey6qgm4F

megan999
15-12-2012, 13:23
According to The Sun, Bruce Forsythe had to go home during rehersals because he felt ill. If he is too ill for tonight's show he'll probably be replaced by Claudia Winkleman. Get well soon, Bruce:(.

According to The Metro, Kimberly is favourite to win, with Lisa second favourite. Dani is the least favourite to win.

megan999
17-12-2012, 12:03
LISA RILEY was boogying for the bigger girl during the current series of Strictly – and says dancing was “better than sex”.

The actress — who became the tenth celeb to leave the show last night — went from a size 26 to an 18 and said being on the show made her feel “like a princess”.

But while she feels more fit, fabulous and confident, Lisa reckons she’s too busy dancing to find love. The actor, part of the SCD tour after Christmas, said: “Dancing has been better than sex for me.

“It’s had to be. I’m too busy for anything else at the moment.

“We’ve been dancing 11-hour days then having physio — we’re so busy.”

The ex-Emmerdale star was in the dance-off with Denise van Outen, who the judges unanimously saved.

Lisa, whose mum Cath died weeks before Strictly started, also revealed that big-hearted Denise helped her through her grief.

She now wants Denise or children’s TV star Dani Harmer to win. Lisa, who cried after her exit, will be back for a group dance in Saturday’s final show.

She told TV Biz: “I was devastated to leave.

“Never before on Strictly had the entire gallery been in tears.

“Everyone knows I wear my heart on my sleeve.

“I did cry but I’m not sad, I’ve had the best outcome in the world.

“The main reason is that I’ve given big girls a voice for the first time ever — we’re not unfit.

“I rode that staircase faster than my dance partner Robin Windsor did. Big girls don’t just eat curry!”

lizann
18-12-2012, 22:12
no way can denise win

Tuareet
19-12-2012, 09:39
It's a shame that she doesn't have much public support as she is the one who puts in the most hours by far and despite what people say she isn't a trained dancer, also James is my favourite male dancer.

Brucie
19-12-2012, 10:57
Any of the girls would be worthy winners, but Denise has been best overall. Louis will probably win.

moonstorm
19-12-2012, 10:59
Corrr I hope Louis does win!

tammyy2j
23-12-2012, 00:20
Louis has won

megan999
23-12-2012, 12:49
When I realised Dani couldn't win, I voted for Denise. Still, Congratulations to Louis :) I didn't want Kimberley to win for some reason.

Chloe O'brien
24-12-2012, 00:22
What happened to 2nd & 3rd place? I think that despite it being the viewers vote the judges were trying to influence the public into voting for Denise and on more than one occasion they said that Kimberly's routines were perfect yet Craig only scored her a 9. If her routines were perfect then she should have scored 40 all the way.