PDA

View Full Version : Den

Lizzie Brookes
23-06-2005, 21:01
I wonder if it was pure revenge. Remember what Zoe said "Dennis is young, gorgeous and he's had sharon". Maybe Den seduced Zoe inorder to get even with Dennis being with Sharon. Unfortunately that poer element keeps attracting you, like th Den/Zoe storyline was so gripping, it was good drama and I enjoyed watching it. I was rewatching Shannis. Shannis forever. I bet Den planned the whole thing in order to trick Zoe into sleeping with him.

i_luv_dennis
23-06-2005, 21:04
I wonder if it was pure revenge. Remember what Zoe said "Dennis is young, gorgeous and he's had sharon". Maybe Den seduced Zoe inorder to get even with Dennis being with Sharon. Unfortunately that poer element keeps attracting you, like th Den/Zoe storyline was so gripping, it was good drama and I enjoyed watching it. I was rewatching Shannis. Shannis forever. I bet Den planned the whole thing in order to trick Zoe into sleeping with him.
maybe

Lizzie Brookes
23-06-2005, 21:14
I'm annoyed at finding the Denzo storyline attractable as well as shocking. I suppose thats meant to happen.

shannisrules
23-06-2005, 21:27
i know this sounds very weired but it sounds like den sort of fancied sharon being jelous of dennis and all because dennis had sharon so thats maybe why he slept with zoe.

Jade
23-06-2005, 21:29
Not sure if he fancied her but he was deffinatly obsessed with Sharon

Lizzie Brookes
23-06-2005, 21:45
I know. I think so too. There is no blood line between Den and Sharonjust as there isn't between Dennis and sharon but the tabo prevents relationships between guardians and wards. So here is my theory. Den has known goodness knows how long that he wants Sharon the way he wants Chrissie. He crushes the feelings for years and years. Then he finds that his son has got with her as a ciuple and the unacknowledged desire resurfaces and he becomers jealous and possessive of his "princess", He initially tries and fails to split them so he decides to sleepwith his son's girlfriend to pay his sonback for being with Sharon.

Remember what pauline said.

Pauline: This place doesn't mean a thing to you without Sharon does it?

Den: I'm a married man.

Pauline: Den remember this is me you're talking to.

Den: No it doesn't.

Pauline: Poor Chrissie, she doesn't know she'llonly ever be playing second fiddle to your daughter.

Why should he say he is a married man if he only thought of Sharonas a daughter?

Lizzie Brookes
23-06-2005, 21:52
With Sharonit goes further than fancying. He loves her. He fancies the womenhe has affairs with - was even tempted by Zoe. When Chrissie left him it would seem he missed her - genuinlyfond of her but he loved Sharon. Maybe he is a womaniser because he can't have Sharonand knows he can't.

Lizzie Brookes
23-06-2005, 21:56
I had this bizzare dream the ight Zoe announced her fake pregnancy. I remember it vividly. Den and either Sharonor Zoe can't remember which having a heated ow. Sharonor Zoe kept asking him why he was s jealous/possessive of Sharon and Dennis's relationship and he tried to say at first he loved Sharon but then blurted out that Dennis was his lover before I woke up. I remember the exact words "Because he's my lover", I was astonished but it was only a dream. Strange though. , made no sense, only shows Den is confused about what he felt.

Alisha
23-06-2005, 22:06
Not sure if he fancied her but he was deffinatly obsessed with Sharon

I agree!

I don't think Den wanted her in that way at all

However what he felt for her was unhealthy and obsessive. He was jealous of Dennis because Sharon loved him more than her father they were so wrapped up in each other, which Den couldn't take it. In his eyes, no one should surpass Sharon’s love for him, which is why he tried to break them up. I know it was down to them being his kids as well but that was only part of the reason. Sharon was willing to leave her father for another man and this so happened to be his son -a bloke who he was in constant competition with even before he learnt of the affair but only this time he had Sharon’s heart. Den simply could not grasp the fact that she could love someone so much that she would leave her dad. This is why he stooped to new lows by using her infertility against her. It’s clear that his fascination with Sharon was not right as all his attentions were focused on her, marginalising his wife and Vicki. The choices he made were not for the protection of her, but selfish they most certainly were.

I don’t for a second think that he saw her anything other than a daughter but what he did feel for her was obsessive.

Jade
23-06-2005, 22:09
Yep agree with that, I dont think he even knew Sharon all that well and had built her up into this perfect Daddys girl, then for her to go off and in a sense choose Dennis over her own father was the ultimate kick in the teeth for him, which led to the downfall of Den.I agree with the statement that Chrissie will always be second best to Sharon but not in a romantic sense. Its the age old argument "you always put ___________ (inset thing/person/animal) before me"

littlemo
23-06-2005, 23:51
I don't think we'll ever really know how Den felt about Sharon, he would never talk about his feelings to anybody. I don't know if even Den knew why he felt the way he did. It's quite a strange scenario to love your adopted daughter so much, and then totally disregard the children that you have made, blood relatives. I'm not saying that adoption makes somebody any less your child, but family was very important to Den and Vicky and Dennis should have been a major part of that. The fact that they weren't says to me that his love for Sharon wasn't about family at all, it was something bigger than that! Maybe something sexual, who knows what was going on in Den's head. He totally lost the plot.

I just don't know why Den was incapable of loving his children (Sharon not included), was he that emotionally disturbed. Do you think it was to do with him being shot? that he lost everything he once was. Sharon hit the nail right on the head when she said before leaving him (the last time) 'your not my father, my father died a long time ago, I buried him, I don't know who you are but your not my dad, I'm an orphan!' He really wasn't the same person, the writers ruined him. He came back as the same actor, but his whole personality changed, the way he felt about his family, how he could ruin their lives in such a way. You don't betray your own family. It's not something Den ever would have done!

I can definetely see why Chrissie is jealous of Sharon, nobody ever came close to her, for Den. And that is weird that a child can come between your wife in that way. There was definetely something not right.

melanielovesdennisrickman
24-06-2005, 06:54
I can definetely see why Chrissie is jealous of Sharon, nobody ever came close to her, for Den. And that is weird that a child can come between your wife in that way. There was definetely something not right.

Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Can Also Understand Why Chrissie Is Jealous Of Sharon,Because All Den Really Really Cared About Was Sharon,And That Is Not A Great Thing When You Are Married To Him!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Lizzie Brookes
24-06-2005, 07:02
In a funny kind of way I find myself feeling sorry for Den as well as hating him for what he did. Its awful to love as he did. I agree wthere was that element of sexual competition with Dennis but it was Pauline who started all the trouble by telling Den about Shannis. It just wasn't right. If Den had accepted them as a couple then there would be no questionof Sharon choosing Dennis over Den. The reason for that was his non acceptance, thats what Sharon said. The reason they wanted to leave was because they were fed up with sneaking around and that was down to Den. They would even have stayed with and looked after Den if he acce[ted them as a couple. Was Chrissie in a funny kind of way talking about Sharon when she said that Den chose another woman over him.

Lizzie Brookes
24-06-2005, 07:04
Den may not have ben able to help the way he felt about Sharon but he could at least have accepted Shannis and remained loyal to Chrissie even though she's only second best.

24-06-2005, 07:14
Den may not have ben able to help the way he felt about Sharon but he could at least have accepted Shannis and remained loyal to Chrissie even though she's only second best.

Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Mean,I Treated Chrissie Watts Really Badly,And He Shouldn't Have Done That!!!!!
I Never Understood What A Young Beautiful Woman,Wanted With An Old Cheating Lying Idiot Like Den Watts Anyway!!!!!
Altough I Supose He Did Have His Good Moments!!!!!

Love

Lizzie Brookes
24-06-2005, 15:45
Den's not all bad though somehow. I think originally when Chrissie said she'd kill him if he went near another woman he meant it when he plesdgged loyalty. If Shannis had not reunited then no doubt Den would have kept his word to Chrissie. When Shannis reunited he put his obsession with Sharonbefore his loyalty to Chrissie andthe weird thing was he was so desperate to keep Shannis apart that he ould even stoop so low as to bed his son's girlfriend for it.

littlemo
25-06-2005, 23:54
Den's not all bad though somehow. I think originally when Chrissie said she'd kill him if he went near another woman he meant it when he plesdgged loyalty. If Shannis had not reunited then no doubt Den would have kept his word to Chrissie. When Shannis reunited he put his obsession with Sharonbefore his loyalty to Chrissie andthe weird thing was he was so desperate to keep Shannis apart that he ould even stoop so low as to bed his son's girlfriend for it.

Sharon always got in the way of Den building something real with Chrissie, she was always second best. I don't think Chrissie has any right to blame Sharon for it though, it's was to do with Den's feelings for Sharon, which Sharon had no control over. It's a very complicated relationship, them being apart for 14 years took it's toll, they thought about each other constantly, both of them found it hard to build healthy relationships. Sharon ended up with a lot of men who treated her badly (because they were so much like her dad), and Den speaks for himself.

I don't believe that Den was all bad. I think he did genuinely mean it when he told Pauline to apologise to Sharon for him. Although I think he should have mentioned Dennis and Vicky in that little speech too, especially as he just happened to be speaking to Vicky's gran at the time. I think a lot of things that Den has done just can't be forgiven.

Lizzie Brookes
26-06-2005, 07:11
True. No I can't forgiv him for betraying Chrissie, impregnating Zoe, using Sharon's fertility against er and all the rest of it but all the same I just find him psychologically fascinating ad I an'thelp being a little sorry for him. If only they had not ruined his charecter. I never saw himwith Angie so the first I saw of him was when he came back.

littlemo
26-06-2005, 14:41
True. No I can't forgiv him for betraying Chrissie, impregnating Zoe, using Sharon's fertility against er and all the rest of it but all the same I just find him psychologically fascinating ad I an'thelp being a little sorry for him. If only they had not ruined his charecter. I never saw himwith Angie so the first I saw of him was when he came back.

Absolutely! His character was ruined when he was brought back. I was born the year EE started, I've seen very little of Angie and Den apart from on Uk Gold, but from what I have seen, he seemed a very family orientated character back in the 80's. He always had affairs, but there was always a sense that his family were his first priority. He was with Angie for about 18 years, before he finally left. When she pretended she was dying he stayed and looked after her, which proved that he did have some feelings. Of course he fought back with malice when he realised that Angie was lying to him, but that's just the way he was. I don't believe that the character of Den in the 80's would have treated Dennis with such contempt. He's his blood, and he was there for Vicky. I really don't know what happened to Den, maybe him being shot took something out of him!

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 16:53
Yes - it must have een a traumatic experience which made him more possessive of Sharon but remember that at the time he did not have a son, he had daughters. That does make a difference. I wish he hadn't done that. I'm surprised Chrissie gave him a chance after Kate. If he had accepted Sharon and Dennis being together they wold never leave him. They would look after him. Dennis really longed for a family and what he gets is a nutter. He really longed for a father but he has Den of all pople and yet they still seem to miss him even affter all this. I mean Shannis only returned to see Den.

27-06-2005, 17:51
Yes - it must have een a traumatic experience which made him more possessive of Sharon but remember that at the time he did not have a son, he had daughters. That does make a difference. I wish he hadn't done that. I'm surprised Chrissie gave him a chance after Kate. If he had accepted Sharon and Dennis being together they wold never leave him. They would look after him. Dennis really longed for a family and what he gets is a nutter. He really longed for a father but he has Den of all pople and yet they still seem to miss him even affter all this. I mean Shannis only returned to see Den.

Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Know,I Feel Wuite Sorry For Dennis Rickman,He Has Had This Terrible Life,Has Always Longed For A Dad,Now After All These Years He Finally Finds Him,And His Dad Turns Out To Be The Evil Lying Den Watts!!!!!

Love

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 18:35
Hopefully Jake will be the dad Dennis really wanted.

27-06-2005, 19:26
HaHa,LOL,That Would Be A Bit Weird Though!!!!!
HaHa,LOL,Ain't They Like About The Same Age?????

Angeldelight
27-06-2005, 19:29
that's a really strange thought... and it could happen... hehe... but they'd be more like mates...

littlemo
27-06-2005, 19:30
HaHa,LOL,That Would Be A Bit Weird Though!!!!!
HaHa,LOL,Ain't They Like About The Same Age?????

Yes and Chrissie's not that much older than Sharon. Neither of them think of Chrissie as a mother figure. Sharon just thinks of her as a friend. She doesn't take a parental role with either of them. And Dennis doesn't even like Jake, he'd find the whole situation ridiculous.

Angeldelight
27-06-2005, 19:33
i think Dennis'd try and get on with Jake for Chrissie sake... then he'd find that Jake's not actually that bad and will like him... they're simliar personalities...

littlemo
27-06-2005, 19:37
i think Dennis'd try and get on with Jake for Chrissie sake... then he'd find that Jake's not actually that bad and will like him... they're simliar personalities...

Yes they may eventually get on as friends. I think they both have similar feelings. Jake isn't a huge fan of Johnny Allen either, he's just trying to keep the peace at the moment, he knows what he's capable of. Probably similar to the way it was between Dennis and Dalton. I hope Dennis doesn't go down that dodgy route again though! he's great as a bad boy, but he has to think of Sharon!

Lizzie Brookes
27-06-2005, 20:34
I don't think Dennis willnd yeah it'll be strange as Jake and Dennis are a similar age. Be giood though. Wonder what Jake will do if he finds out what's in the cellar.

littlemo
27-06-2005, 23:01
I don't think Dennis willnd yeah it'll be strange as Jake and Dennis are a similar age. Be giood though. Wonder what Jake will do if he finds out what's in the cellar.

I think Jake would support Chrissie if he found out. But I also think that Jake has built a halo around her, he has built up expectations which don't ring true. He has all this sympathy and understanding for her, I don't think he thinks she's capable of murder. It almost seems as if Jake has the attitude that Chrissie has somehow been taken advantage of. I would like Jake to see the real Chrissie, and I think he would still care about her anyway.

Lizzie Brookes
28-06-2005, 05:39
I suppose. He'd find it a bit hard yes. Ka's gut reaction when she thought Zoe was a murderer was horror but then she found out it was Chrissie that actually killed him and so eventually she was able to love her daughter no matter what. Also remember that Jake saw Johnny throw Andy over the edge on the same night as Den died, so I suppose he'd understand.