PDA

View Full Version : Corrie Spoilers 16 - 20 January 2012

Perdita
03-01-2012, 18:57
EP: 7780 Monday 16 Jan 2012 19:30

An uninvited guest lurks in the shadows at Tracy’s hen do.
Is Tyrone ready to forgive and forget?
And Owen is on the warpath.

EP: 7781 Monday 16 Jan 2012 20:30

Has Becky finally found out the truth that will clear her name?
Faye pushes Owen too far; resulting in grave consequences.
And Tommy pleads with Tina to drop the case against Kirsty.

EP: 7782 Thursday 19 Jan 2012 20:30

Will Kylie stop Becky from jeopardising her future?
Anna reads Owen the riot act.
And Kirsty has to swallow her pride but Tina remains unforgiving.

EP: 7783 Friday 20 Jan 2012 19:30

Becky seeks help from an unlikely ally.
Can Eileen handle looking after Lesley alone?
And Steve has some good news for Tracy.

EP: 7784 Friday 20 Jan 2012 20:30

Becky and Kylie go to desperate measures.
Eileen is left overwhelmed.
And have Owen’s actions cost him his relationship?

ITV plc

alan45
03-01-2012, 20:28
EP: 7780 Monday 16 Jan 2012 19:30

An uninvited guest lurks in the shadows at Tracy’s hen do. Hopefully its the grim reaper or Phil Collinson with her P45
Is Tyrone ready to forgive and forget? Yes of course he is. The sex was great with kirsty
And Owen is on the warpath. Nothing new there then

EP: 7781 Monday 16 Jan 2012 20:30

Has Becky finally found out the truth that will clear her name? Finding it and proving my not be as easy
Faye pushes Owen too far; resulting in grave consequences. The little madam gets what she deserves
And Tommy pleads with Tina to drop the case against Kirsty. He fancies his chances with Kirsty now that y has ditched her

EP: 7782 Thursday 19 Jan 2012 20:30

Will Kylie stop Becky from jeopardising her future? Just as long as she can keep her from dinking snakebite
Anna reads Owen the riot act. As he was having difficulty with the big words
And Kirsty has to swallow her pride but Tina remains unforgiving. Thats why Tyrone loves her

EP: 7783 Friday 20 Jan 2012 19:30

Becky seeks help from an unlikely ally. Mr Honesty - Kne Barlow
Can Eileen handle looking after Lesley alone? Oh yes she has looked after Steve and Lloyd for years, Lesley will be easy
And Steve has some good news for Tracy. He still doesnt know that shes a lying cheating scumbag who cant act

EP: 7784 Friday 20 Jan 2012 20:30

Becky and Kylie go to desperate measures. They tell the truth
Eileen is left overwhelmed. As she gets a job as a nurse
And have Owen’s actions cost him his relationship? Nope. Anna needs it. the relationship

tammyy2j
03-01-2012, 23:08
Who will be at Tracey's hen do only her mother I presume?

alan45
03-01-2012, 23:37
Who will be at Tracey's hen do only her mother I presume?

They have cleaned out the telephone box on the corner of Rosamund Street as a possible venue

Ruffed_lemur
04-01-2012, 16:59
They have cleaned out the telephone box on the corner of Rosamund Street as a possible venue

That should do nicely! :D

alan45
04-01-2012, 18:00
That should do nicely! :D

Probably too big!!!!!!

Chloe O'brien
04-01-2012, 21:20
They could just have it in the back garden of number 1.

alan45
04-01-2012, 23:47
They could just have it in the back garden of number 1.Or in the outside CLUDGEY

Chloe O'brien
04-01-2012, 23:57
Yeah that will be plenty of room for toxic Tracy and Derdrie as they are the only two who will attend.

alan45
08-01-2012, 00:10
Coronation Street's Owen Armstrong loses his temper with Faye Butler later this month after she takes her rebellious behaviour too far.

The drama begins when Owen (Ian Puleston-Davies) finds creosote in his new pond and dead fish floating on the top - leaving him furious.

Owen initially suspects that David (Jack P Shepherd) and Kylie (Paula Lane) are responsible following his recent feud with the pair, but the real culprit is revealed when he ends up looking after Faye for the evening.

With Anna (Debbie Rush) away visiting her brother following the news that he's had an accident, Faye (Ellie-Louise Leach) does everything she can to wind up Owen. At first, he manages to remain calm with the troublesome youngster, but he's soon left stunned when he finds creosote on her jumper.

When Faye admits that she was responsible for killing the fish, an angry Owen decides that she needs discipline and slaps her on the back of the legs. How will Faye react? And how will Anna feel about his actions when she finds out?

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/01/618x738/soaps_corrie_7781_4.JPG

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/01/618x396/soaps_corrie_sun_blog_0701_1.JPG

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/01/618x411/soaps_corrie_7781_5.JPG

These scenes air on Monday, January 16 at 8.30pm on ITV1.

alan45
10-01-2012, 00:17
MONDAY

Becky has stayed the night at Danny's, and the businessman is impressed as she gets along well with Billy. Back on the street, Steve offers Becky another cheque for her half of Streetcars, saying that she has Deirdre to thank. Becky is hopeful that Steve now knows she had nothing to do with Tracy's miscarriage, but it's clear that Steve still believes Tracy and wants Becky gone.

Later, as Tracy enjoys her hen party in The Rovers, Becky gets thinking about why Deirdre convinced Steve to give her the cheque. Confronting Deirdre outside the pub, she demands answers…

Meanwhile, Kirsty is worried to hear that she's been suspended from work while Tina's complaint is investigated. Pushed out of her home by Kirsty, Tina is adamant that she won't drop it. But when Rita urges her to see things from Tyrone's point of view, claiming the baby changes everything, will Tina re-think her position?

Elsewhere, Kevin and Tyrone's friendship could be on the mend as they share their woes, Anne makes her disapproval of Sally obvious to Frank, while Owen volunteers to look after an unimpressed Faye for the night after Anna hears that her brother has had an accident and has to rush out.

As Becky asks questions about Tracy's miscarriage, Deirdre refuses to betray her daughter - adamant that she doesn't know what Becky's talking about. Becky knows she's onto something but is forced to leave it. Later, on her date with Danny, Becky's spirits lift. But when Danny breaks the news that the hotel chain he works for is moving him to Barbados, Becky's gutted.

Back on the street, the pair sadly kiss goodbye, but when Danny spots Tracy he recalls how she collapsed at the hotel and had to be carted off in an ambulance the night she and Steve were there for their business meeting. Is this the proof Becky needs?

Meanwhile, with Anna away, Faye does her best to play Owen up. He tries not to rise to the bait, but when he discovers creosote on her jumper, he confronts her about the dead fish. Faye confirms that she was responsible and Owen loses his rag, slapping her on the back of the legs. How will Faye react?

Elsewhere, Sally is annoyed when Rita and Gail try to warn her off Frank, Eileen is depressed when Paul reveals that Lesley's carer is moving away, knowing it will mean he has less time to see her, while Dev is unimpressed to find Sunita working behind the Rovers bar and urges her to come home.

THURSDAY

Becky tells Kylie that she now knows Tracy had her miscarriage the day before she fell down the stairs - but without seeing her medical records, she can't prove it. When she then reveals that she plans to break into the medical centre and find Tracy's records, Kylie warns her that it's a bad idea, but Becky refuses to listen.

As Becky smashes her way in, the alarm sounds. Kylie enlists Roy's help and tries to drag Becky away before any damage is done. But as Deirdre arrives with a police officer, is it too late?

Meanwhile, Faye has locked herself in her bedroom following Owen's slap and is refusing to come out. Owen is at his wit's end, and when Anna arrives home, he tells her how Faye was responsible for killing the fish. Angry, Anna confronts Faye over the fish, but she reveals how Owen hit her. How will Anna react?

Elsewhere, Eileen struggles to cope with Lesley after offering to look after her while Paul attends a meeting with her care people, while Kirsty is thrilled to discover that Tina has changed her statement and suggests they could start afresh.

FRIDAY

As Steve and Tracy discuss their wedding vows, Deirdre pointedly tells Tracy that honesty is the most important thing. However, Tracy is saying nothing, especially when Steve shows her around Number 13 - their new home.

At the same time, Kylie and Becky tell Gail how Tracy has wrongly accused Becky of killing her babies. As they beg Gail to help them gain access to Tracy's medical records so they can clear Becky's name, Nick warns Gail to stay out of it. But remembering how Tracy tried to set Gail up in prison, David reckons this is her chance for revenge. Will Gail agree to help Becky?

Meanwhile, Jason is furious to find Eileen looking after Lesley for the day and accuses Paul of abusing her generosity. Eileen insists she's fine, but when a confused Lesley becomes violent, will Eileen cope?

Elsewhere, Anna struggles to deal with the fallout of Owen and Faye's dispute, while Kevin's not happy when he hears that Frank is giving Sophie driving lessons.

Gail provides Becky and Kylie with all the details they need to access the medical centre computer system and find Tracy's records. Inside the waiting room, Kylie feigns a massive panic attack and as Dr Carter rushes to her aid, Becky hacks into his computer. Will she find the proof she needs before Dr Matt becomes suspicious?

Later, Danny stuns Becky with a proposition - he wants her to emigrate to Barbados with him. As Danny hands her a plane ticket, how will a stunned Becky respond?

Meanwhile, Izzy makes Owen see that he was wrong to hit Faye. She also warns Owen not to make Anna choose between him and Faye because he'll lose. Apologising to Anna, Owen admits that he shouldn't have lashed out at Faye - but can Anna forgive and forget?

Elsewhere, Paul is shocked to see the damage that Lesley has caused at Number 11, Tracy shows Amy around their new home and promises they'll be a proper family from now on, while Kevin orders Sophie to stay away from Frank.

alan45
12-01-2012, 19:47
Ian Puleston-Davies has revealed that Coronation Street bosses were cautious with his character's upcoming slapping plot.

His alter ego Owen Armstrong will strike his girlfriend Anna Windass's (Debbie Rush) adoptive daughter Faye (Ellie-Louise Leach) in an attempt to curtail her troublemaking ways.

It was revealed in November that Owen loses his temper when Faye kills his fish by pouring creosote into his new pond.

Puleston-Davies told PA: "I think any controversial subject handled in the right way is good controversy not bad controversy. I know it was talked about within the writing group and with the producers at length, so they were very careful.

"I was very aware that I wanted to go through the script with a fine-tooth comb... From the moment it was suggested, they took it very carefully and very slowly, so it took a long time to reach the script stage, and rightly so. I'm happy with the finished result."

Of the storyline's aftermath, which sees Anna struggle to forgive Owen for his actions, the actor added: "I think Owen's in for a very strong learning curve. I think he's been sheltered emotionally for much of his life.

"I just feel that Owen is almost stunted emotionally, and Anna is helping to make Owen be more aware of his actions because in the past we've seen him turn very quickly from being okay to being angry."

lizann
13-01-2012, 16:24
Becky's new romance is very rushed

Perdita
13-01-2012, 16:41

Most exit storylines seem like that to me

alan45
13-01-2012, 17:23

Most exit storylines seem like that to me

It shouldnt be. They have had plenty of notice

Perdita
14-01-2012, 11:10
Pictures from Tracy's hen do and Steve's stag do :D

ellie2
14-01-2012, 16:07
Steve looks happy.

parkerman
14-01-2012, 20:02
Steve looks happy.

Perhaps he's asked serial adulterer Ken and bigamist Peter for marital advice....

alan45
14-01-2012, 20:43
Steve looks happy.

With a future father in law and brother in law like that wouldnt you be just as happy

tammyy2j
14-01-2012, 22:01
Perhaps he's asked serial adulterer Ken and bigamist Peter for marital advice....

Steve: If you cheat dont get caught as she will murder you

Dazzle
15-01-2012, 13:43

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Perdita
18-01-2012, 11:34
Coronation Street bosses have defended Owen Armstrong and Faye Butler's slapping storyline following complaints over Monday night's episodes.

Earlier this week, viewers saw Owen slap Faye (Ellie-Louise Leach) twice on the back of the legs as a punishment after discovering that she had poured creosote into his fish pond, killing his new pets.

The incident occurred after Anna Windass asked Owen to look after her adopted daughter Faye for the night while she was dealing with a family emergency. Anna and Owen have been in a relationship for a few months.

However, The Mirror reports that ITV and media regulator Ofcom have both received complaints over the decision to broadcast the scenes.

Meanwhile, Phillip Noyes of the NSPCC told the newspaper: "Parents can obviously be pushed to the limit on occasion, but there are more positive ways of correcting a child's behaviour than smacking them.

"It simply sets a bad example and teaches children that violence is a solution. Children tell us it leaves them scared and confused and the NSPCC believes it simply gives out the wrong message and breaks down the trust between child and parent."

Coronation Street chiefs have defended the storyline, which will continue in upcoming episodes as Owen's actions are criticised by Anna and his own daughters Izzy and Katy.

A show spokesperson commented: "We most certainly don't condone Owen's actions - as will be seen by the ramifications of the slap, and the effect it has on his relationship."

Debbie Rush, who plays Anna, recently told Digital Spy that her character will be horrified when she learns what Owen has done.

Rush explained: "Anna is absolutely devastated, because she really trusted Owen. Anna doesn't believe in smacking children full-stop - she's part of the 'Full Stop' campaign. So she's absolutely distraught and devastated that Owen has done this."

Meanwhile, Ian Puleston-Davies - who plays Owen - has said that show bosses considered the plot carefully at all stages.

He commented last week: "I think any controversial subject handled in the right way is good controversy, not bad controversy. I know it was talked about within the writing group and with the producers at length, so they were very careful.

"I was very aware that I wanted to go through the script with a fine-tooth comb... From the moment it was suggested, they took it very carefully and very slowly, so it took a long time to reach the script stage, and rightly so. I'm happy with the finished result."

Coronation Street continues on Thursday at 8.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
18-01-2012, 14:26
Coronation Street star Ian Puleston-Davies has said that he is "disappointed" by criticism directed at his character Owen Armstrong's child smacking storyline.

Earlier this week, viewers saw Owen slap 9-year-old Faye Butler (Ellie-Louise Leach) on the back of the legs as a punishment after discovering that she had killed his fish by pouring creosote into their pond.

The scenes were broadcast in Monday night's double bill of the soap, but ITV and media regulator Ofcom have since received complaints over the plot.

Speaking on Loose Women today, Puleston-Davies explained: "I was fully prepared for filming the scene because this wasn't an easy decision to take. The producers, the writers, everyone from top to bottom, thought long and hard - and discussed at length - about whether this storyline should be written.

"It wasn't an easy decision, but we thought it was a topic that maybe needed to be aired. It always continues to need to be aired, it needs to be debated and I'm a little disappointed that there are certain people saying this shouldn't be written.

"Well, these things happen behind closed doors whether we like it or not. So let's show it, let us be the storytellers - we're only the messengers, so don't shoot us. But let us certainly be the storytellers, we'll put it out there and you lot discuss it and hopefully learn from your own reactions."

Puleston-Davies, who is a father-of-two, added that he does not agree with Owen's actions.

"I think there are obviously a lot of grey areas," he continued. "I'm glad I played it in a way that showed I was out of control, because it wasn't a controlled, obedient, 'This is naughty', slap on the back of the legs - because that would be too easy to, in a way, condone.

"I wanted to show that yes, he did only slap Faye on the back of the legs, but look how angry he was - look how out of control he was… I don't believe that I ever need to hit my children."

Forthcoming episodes of Coronation Street will see Owen's decision have huge repercussions as his girlfriend Anna - Faye's adopted mother - is horrified when she finds out about the slap.

A Coronation Street spokesperson today said: "We most certainly don't condone Owen's actions - as will be seen by the ramifications of the slap, and the effect it has on his relationship."

Coronation Street continues on Thursday night at 8.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
18-01-2012, 15:15
Coronation Street star Debbie Rush has revealed that she shares her character's anti-smacking views.

The actress's alter ego Anna Windass is left horrified later this week as she discovers that her boyfriend Owen (Ian Puleston-Davies) has slapped her adopted daughter Faye (Ellie-Louise Leach) on the back of the legs.

Owen carried out the punishment in Monday night's double bill of the soap after finding out that Faye had used creosote to poison his fish pond, killing his new pets.

Anna's romance with Owen will hit the rocks in upcoming episodes as she is furious over his behaviour.

Asked whether she would feel the same way in real life, Rush told Loose Women today: "Completely 100%. That's why I was so passionate about doing it. It was written beautifully, but it was so easy to deliver from my point of view, because I meant every word of it."

The mum-of-three continued: "I think if you smack a child, you're smacking a child because they've done something that you disagree with and that you're not happy with. If you smack a woman, you're smacking a woman because you disagree… and I think to smack a child is the same as to smack a woman. It's because you don't like what they've done, so you're letting them know."

Rush added that she feels Owen's actions were particularly wrong as Faye is not his daughter.

"He's only a boyfriend - it's not his place, full stop," she commented.

Rush recently told Digital Spy that the storyline's repercussions would be huge for Anna and Owen.

"Anna is absolutely devastated, because she really trusted Owen," she explained. "Anna doesn't believe in smacking children full-stop - she's part of the 'Full Stop' campaign. So she's absolutely distraught and devastated that Owen has done this."

Coronation Street continues on Thursday at 8.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
20-01-2012, 09:01
Coronation Street's Kylie Platt puts on the performance of her life as she feigns a health scare at the medical centre in tonight's double bill of the soap.

Kylie (Paula Lane) is determined to help Becky (Katherine Kelly) in her quest to access Tracy's records, so she distracts Doctor Carter's attention at the surgery by pretending to collapse.

While Doctor Carter (Oliver Mellor) is busy dealing with the situation, Becky sneaks into his office - armed with details about the computer system that unlikely ally Gail (Helen Worth) has given to her.

As Becky logs into Tracy's (Kate Ford) file, it looks like it could be the beginning of the end for her arch-rival's wicked lies…