PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours actor Dan O' Connor joins as Ally Gorman

Perdita
11-12-2011, 18:26
Former Neighbours actor Dan O'Connor has landed a role on Hollyoaks.

O'Connor, who played Ned Parker on the soap between 2005 and 2008, is due to play an ex-military medic named Ally who arrives in Chester fresh from service in Afghanistan.

"He has a dark past that will be uncovered eventually in true soap style," O'Connor teased to Sydney's Daily Telegraph.

O'Connor found fame in Oz as a contestant on the 2004 series of Australian Idol and also appeared in UK reality show Celeb Air in 2008.

During his time on Neighbours, O'Connor's character survived a fire, a car crash and discovered that he was secretly a father.

Ned's love child Mickey Gannon, played by child star Fletcher O'Leary, left Neighbours in July 2009.

Katy
12-12-2011, 11:50
aww i liked ned! Hollyoaks will probably ruin him!

tammyy2j
12-12-2011, 14:27
I liked him in Neighbours

Perdita
12-12-2011, 14:29
This is what he looks like

Perdita
12-12-2011, 16:59
Hollyoaks newcomer Ally will capture the attention of Amy Barnes and Michaela McQueen when he turns up in the village next year, it has been revealed.

At the weekend, it emerged that former Neighbours star Dan O'Connor had been cast to play Ally, a military serviceman with a dark past.

Hollyoaks bosses have now announced that Ally's first scenes will see him arrive as a lodger for Jacqui McQueen (Claire Cooper) and Rhys Ashworth (Andrew Moss).

As Ally settles in, he quickly sets hearts racing with Amy (Ashley Slanina-Davies), Michaela (Hollie-Jay Bowes) and Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson) among those who are impressed by his looks.

Michaela's feisty side later comes to the fore when one of her closest allies seals the deal and bags a kiss with Ally.

O'Connor commented: "I'm really excited about joining Hollyoaks, especially with its recent success. I have already started filming in Liverpool and there is a real buzz and energy around the place.

"I'm really looking forward to working with some of the show's most popular characters and talented actors."

Hollyoaks will air Ally's first scenes in February.

emmak2006
13-12-2011, 12:02
I can't wait to see Ally on screen. February is ages away, just hope it comes round quick. It's going to be interesting to see who bags him and why.

*Loving my Sleeping Beauty 1987 DVD*

xcarlyx
13-12-2011, 18:46
I liked him in Neighbours but I wonder what accent he'll have in hollyoaks

Katy
14-12-2011, 08:05
yeh i wonder, i think hes probably just keep his aussie one. It would be hard to keep up an accent in a soap for a long time if its very different to your own.

tammyy2j
19-01-2012, 11:48
Hollyoaks' new recruit Dan O'Connor has predicted that it won't take long before his character Ally finds romance in the village.

The former Neighbours star joined the cast of the soap late last year and viewers will see Ally's first scenes in a fortnight's time.

Hinting at what the future holds for the new arrival, O'Connor told All About Soap: "There's definitely potential for a romantic relationship developing between Ally and someone, but my lips are sealed on who it could be!"

Ally sets up home in Hollyoaks as a new lodger for Rhys Ashworth (Andrew Moss) and Jacqui McQueen (Claire Cooper), but the pair's neighbours Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson) and Amy Barnes (Ashley Slanina-Davies) are particularly intrigued by his presence.

"Both Ste and Amy take an instant fancy to him, but Ally's not really aware of their interest," O'Connor continued. "The whole thing is pretty innocent to start off with, but it quickly gets more complicated when Ste and Amy make it their mission to find out whether Ally is gay or straight.

"There's some mystery surrounding Ally's sexual orientation, but I don't think he realises that Amy and Ste are trying to find out which way he swings. They're both being ultra nice and saying suggestive things to him. I know which team he bats for, but the producers have sworn me to secrecy."

Hollyoaks airs Ally's first episode on Tuesday, January 31 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

lizann
19-01-2012, 20:44
Ste is getting a new love interest could be him

Perdita
25-01-2012, 14:04
Former Neighbours star Dan O'Connor makes his debut on Hollyoaks next week, taking on the role of Ally Grogan - a charming newcomer with a secret.

Having recently spent time working as a military medic in Afghanistan, Ally arrives in the village and becomes Rhys (Andrew Moss) and Jacqui's (Claire Cooper) new lodger as he's looking for a place to stay.

As he settles in, Ally quickly makes an impression on Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson) and Amy Barnes (Ashley Slanina-Davies) and the pair then go all-out to discover whether he is gay or straight. Will there be romance on the cards for one of them?

Here, Dan chats to Digital Spy about the character of Ally and what's ahead.

How are you finding your time at Hollyoaks so far?
"It's all going really well. I've been getting along with all of the cast and they all seem really friendly. It was helpful that I already knew one of the guys on the show before I started, as I actually used to be housemates with PJ Brennan - who plays Doug - in London before he moved up here to Liverpool. So PJ showed me around and introduced me to everyone, which was quite nice."

How did the role of Ally come about?
"Well, I actually auditioned for a different role and got to the second audition for it. But then they asked me to come back and read for Ally. I got the part and I was on set about three days after that, so it all happened very, very quickly!"

You're best known for Neighbours but you've actually been over here in the UK for a while, haven't you?
"Yeah, it's coming up to about four years now. As soon as I finished on Neighbours, I relocated over here to the UK. I spent the first two years recording music, but then I decided to get back into acting."

Has your time at Neighbours helped you to be quite well-prepared for life at Hollyoaks?
"Yeah, it has - I'm used to the fast-paced nature of soaps! So it literally just feels like I'm back on the set of Neighbours. There's not much difference between the two shows in terms of how they're produced. That was handy, because I did three years on Neighbours, so Hollyoaks just feels like I'm back at home."

How would you describe the character of Ally?
"He's a nice, loveable guy - very friendly and kind. He's a medic who's just got back from Afghanistan, and he turns up in Hollyoaks because he's looking for a place to live. So that's when he meets Rhys and Jacqui, because they're looking for a lodger.

"Initially, it all seems quite rosy and like a perfect match, but as Ally stays there a bit longer, it becomes apparent that Rhys and Jacqui are always at each other's throats! So then Ally starts to question whether it was the right decision to move in with them."

Even though Rhys and Jacqui are arguing with each other, do they like Ally?
"Yeah - especially Rhys. There's a good bond between Rhys and Ally. It's in the early stages at the moment, but they seem to get on really well. I haven't had as much to do with Jacqui, but we'll see what happens as the story progresses."

Is Ally out of the army now, or is he just taking a break?
"At the moment, it's back and forth. He's still doing stuff with the army, but at this stage he's not going back to Afghanistan. But he's doing some training at the hospital as well."

What happens when Ste and Amy both take a shine to Ally?
"I can't say too much, but the two of them are trying to figure out whether Ally is straight or gay - because both of them fancy him. I think Ally is a bit oblivious to it all, but he does develop an attraction to one of them. I can't reveal which one at the moment, though!"

What does Ally look for in a partner?
"Ally would look for someone who's similar to him - someone who's genuine and kind."

Ally seems to get quite a warm welcome, but could you see him getting involved in any dramas in the village further down the line?
"I think so! At the moment, they're still developing the story and the character as it goes along. I'm fine with that because I know that there'll be some good stuff coming up. I've had a few meetings with the producer and it all seems really good.

"As has been reported, there is a dark past or a secret that's yet to emerge, so when that does come out, I think it could possibly cause conflict between Ally and some of the other guys on the show."

Do you think his secret is going to shock people?
"Well, to be honest, I actually don't know what the secret is yet! I think it's still getting developed at the moment - but I've been told that it's a good one! So it probably will shock people, yes."

Are there any similarities between Ally and your Neighbours character Ned Parker?
"There are, actually! At first, it felt like I was playing the same character that I played on Neighbours, but that could just be a stereotypical Australian thing - that we all seem to be laid-back, genuine people! Trust me, not every Australian is!"

Ste, Amy, Rhys and Jacqui are some of Hollyoaks' most popular characters. Are you glad that Ally is interacting with them straight away?
"Definitely. All those guys have been on the show for about six years, so it's great that I've been able to do stuff with them straight away. They know the show inside out, and they're great actors as well."

Have you moved to Liverpool for this role?
"At the moment, I'm just commuting to Liverpool from London. But I'm going to look at moving to Liverpool - probably in about a month's time. Commuting is getting a bit tiresome, and it'll be a lot cheaper to live in Liverpool and not have all the travel."

Do you have fond memories of your time on Ramsay Street?
"Yeah, I've got some great memories. I remember in my last scene, I had to do this speech at the end. In the script, I had to say, 'This has been the best three years of my life' - and it was totally genuine, because it was for me in real life too. It's not every day that you can say you've done something like that, so there's lots of great memories and great friendships.

"I still keep in contact with quite a few of the cast members and I saw Carla Bonner, who played Steph, just before Christmas. That was just before I found out that I'd got the Hollyoaks role. Carla was a great friend from the show."

Perdita
26-06-2012, 12:48
Daniel O'Connor has revealed that a female British fan invited him to her bungalow while he was on Neighbours.

The 33-year-old actor, who played Ned Parker in the Australian soap, now appears on Channel 4's Hollyoaks as medic Ally Gorman.

Recalling his admirer's romantic gifts, O'Connor told Inside Soap: "When I was on Neighbours there was this woman from Britain who used to send me packages with things like wristbands and a cassette called 'PS I Love You'.

"I found out later that she'd written a complaint letter to the production office, saying that I hadn't responded to her invitation to come and see her and stay on her new settee in her bungalow!"

However, O'Connor added: "I did send her a signed fan card eventually, and said thanks for all the gifts."

Despite only joining Hollyoaks in January, O'Connor admitted that he misses Australia's hot weather and beaches.

"When I lived in Sydney I was about half an hour from the beach so we were there pretty much every weekend," he added. "It's the done thing Down Under."

tammyy2j
26-06-2012, 14:26
Hollyoaks star Dan O'Connor has revealed how a fan once complained to show bosses about his lack of replies.

The Australian actor - who currently stars as Ally Gorman in the Channel 4 soap - used to appear in Neighbours as Ned Parker.

He explained how one particular fan had sent him a request to come and stay with her.

"When I was on Neighbours there was this woman from Britain who used to send me packages with things like wristbands and a cassette called 'PS I Love You'," he told Inside Soap.

"I found out later that she'd written a complaint letter to the production office, saying that I hadn't responded to her invitation to come and see her and stay on her new settee in her bungalow!

"I did send her a signed fan card eventually, and said thanks for all the gifts."

O'Connor added that he misses the Australian sunshine and beaches since joining the UK show in December.

"When I lived in Sydney I was about half an hour from the beach so we were there pretty much every weekend. It's the done thing Down Under."

Dan O'Connor promised fans earlier this month that his Hollyoaks character's "good boy" image will change.

Perdita
29-06-2012, 13:21
Hollyoaks star Gemma Merna has revealed that Ally Gorman becomes a huge source of support to her character Carmel McQueen in upcoming episodes.

Carmel is currently feeling depressed in hospital after a tanning machine accident left her with a permanent facial scar.

As previously reported, Ally (Dan O'Connor) will soon try to show Carmel how much she has to live for by introducing her to his army friends. However, Merna told TV Times that this is just the beginning of a growing friendship between the pair.

Merna explained: "He introduces her to two war veterans. One is in a wheelchair and has no legs, and the other has lost an arm. He says, 'Look, you can still have a life after these kind of things happen'.

"He becomes her rock and when she goes home, he's by her side all the time. She says, 'Please stay with me'. It's good for her to get her feelings out to someone who doesn't judge her, and doesn't know much about what she was like before."

The actress added that moving on from her ordeal may still be a difficult task for Carmel.

Merna said: "She can't even look at herself in the mirror."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Perdita
13-09-2012, 19:17
Hollyoaks star Dan O'Connor has said that his character Ally Gorman may still be able to talk his way out of trouble when Callum Kane tries to catch him out.

Callum (Laurie Duncan) grows increasingly suspicious of Ally in next week's episodes, and later becomes determined to expose him as a liar when he discovers that the mysterious Australian is using multiple aliases for reasons unknown.

As seen in pictures released at the weekend, Callum's efforts come to a head when he does some digging and confronts Ally with three women from his past.

Speaking to Soaplife about the storyline, O'Connor commented: "These three women are standing right in front of him and he's got to think of a story fast, but he's a good liar and he doesn't panic. He's always got a good story to back his lies up, so he might get away with it."

Asked who the ladies are, the actor replied: "All will become clear. For now, I'll just say Ally has a very dark and mysterious past. He's not the nice guy everyone loves."

O'Connor also explained that Hollyoaks viewers should not necessarily believe everything that Ally has told the villagers about himself.

He admitted: "Ally hasn't said much really. He's supposedly an army medic who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, but that might be a cover-up. We don't really know what's true after Callum's revelations."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Perdita
09-10-2012, 06:01
Ally Gorman seems to have reclaimed his unofficial position as head of the Kane family on Hollyoaks next week - but is he developing a spark with the clan's youngest member Lacey?

As the pair enjoy a game of Aussie Rules football together, they are getting on better than ever - but there's an unexpected moment between them after Ally (Dan O'Connor) tackles Lacey (Georgia Bourke) and they lie on the ground together.

Caught in the moment, neither moves away from the other and the stare between them seems to last for just a little bit too long…

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i1.cdnds.net/12/40/618x431/soaps_hollyoaks_3452_1.jpg
© Lime Pictures

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i1.cdnds.net/12/40/618x427/soaps_hollyoaks_3452_2.jpg
© Lime Pictures

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i1.cdnds.net/12/40/618x410/soaps_hollyoaks_3452_4.jpg
© Lime Pictures

http://1.1.1.5/bmi/i2.cdnds.net/12/40/618x410/soaps_hollyoaks_3452_3.jpg
© Lime Pictures

Back home, there are more surprising developments ahead as Martha (Carli Norris) finally arrives back, claiming that she is now sober.

Although Martha is keen for a fresh start with her family, she can't help but feel unsettled by Ally's presence as it's clear that he has taken charge of the Kane household in her absence.

Callum (Laurie Duncan) soon convinces Lacey and Ash that they should give their mum another chance, so the Kanes all agree to meet up for a chat as a family.

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/i1.cdnds.net/12/12/300x225/soaps_hollyoaks_carli_norris.jpg
© Lime Pictures

Ally, however, doesn't seem pleased by this happy development and manages to sabotage their plans by secretly deleting a message from Martha on Callum's phone, which leads to Martha waiting at the deli while her kids are at the coffee shop!

Under the wrong impression that Martha has forgotten about the meeting, the Kane children take it as yet more proof that she can't be trusted to change her ways. Ally's scheme has had the desired effect, but what exactly is his motivation? And will Martha realise that he's plotting against her?

tammyy2j
21-10-2012, 18:05
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2220584/Jorgie-Porter-leads-way-Hollyoaks-party-nearly-wear-minuscule-dresses.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He must have left the show

tammyy2j
21-10-2012, 18:05
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2220584/Jorgie-Porter-leads-way-Hollyoaks-party-nearly-wear-minuscule-dresses.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He must have left the show

Perdita
24-10-2012, 15:20
Over on Hollyoaks, news that former Neighbours star Dan O'Connor is bowing out from the role of Ally Gorman has also now been confirmed.

At the weekend, reports said that the soap's cast had gathered for Dan's 'leaving party' in Liverpool. In fact, this was Dan's birthday party rather than a leaving bash, but Ally will indeed be departing the show as his storyline reaches its conclusion.

Hollyoaks bosses are keeping tight-lipped over exactly how and when Ally will make his exit.