PDA

View Full Version : At present EE the best soap?

tammyy2j
23-06-2005, 10:04
At the moment i think is the best soap around? It is finally picking up. Give credit to Zoe she is doing a great job this week, have never been a fan of hers but this week she is great. Funny, dramatic and great eye candy in Dennis, Jake and Mickey.

Corrie has lost me because i want Charlie to kill Shelley now it has gone on too long and Emmerdale because Scott didn't die yet.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 11:07
Basing it on eye candy is wrong, it's acting and plotlines and they've been fabulous this week. It goes to prove that the new production team can do something with the cast whereas the old one had no idea how to use it properly. Still not a patch on the UKTV Gold episodes but it'll be a while before it reaches that standard again and becomes untouchable.

hayzie
23-06-2005, 12:11
true true. i dont think EE is quite at the stage where the UKTV gold episodes are at now. those are brilliant but i think within a few months they'll reach that stage again, well lets hope so! theres a lot to come....

Treacle
23-06-2005, 12:12
They need to introduce some fresh blood, they understand the foundations of the cast need to rebuilt.

alan45
23-06-2005, 12:15
:searchme:
Funny, dramatic and great eye candy in Dennis, Jake and Mickey.

Hardly a reason why EE should be top soap :searchme:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 12:21
:searchme:

Hardly a reason why EE should be top soap :searchme:
Exactly, it's been on top this week thanks to a sparkling script (Monday's was the best) and good direction. Acting has been above average too.

Chris_2k11
23-06-2005, 12:29
Mondays Episode was one of the best for a while now. In my opinion though, Kat's return wasn't a patch on Sharon & Dennis's!!

Treacle
23-06-2005, 12:39
Kat is much better than Alfie. They've managed to save Kat from the wreckage that was there when she left but they haven't managed to save Alfie, I doubt he'll ever be a breath of fresh air again.

Alisha
23-06-2005, 12:52
Kat is much better than Alfie. They've managed to save Kat from the wreckage that was there when she left but they haven't managed to save Alfie, I doubt he'll ever be a breath of fresh air again.

I actually think that Alfie is ruining Kat. They don't have the same appeal as they once had and I don't see much of a sparkle between them anymore (how ever much better than him and mo). I honestly believe that Kat can do a lot better. I feel sorry for Jessie Wallace having to return to such a rubbish storyline. How predictable and boring can this love triangle get? IMHO, her single spat with Sharon on the street during Mondays episode is the best I've seen from her since she's returned. Kat is a great character and she has lots to offer. I know there is a lot of support for her and Alfie to get back together (initially I agreed) but I'm not so optimistic now. I agree with Birks that her return was disappointing, especially in comparison to what we’ve had with S&D. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to have her back but I didn’t like the way it was done. The whole thing lacked consistency. Personally I’m more looking forward to how she will deal with Zoe’s confession than any interaction she’ll have with Alfie.

I think she should forget about low life Alfie and get herself a real man. I won’t miss Alfie one bit. The bloke does my head in. As for little Mo -can't she go with him?

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:41
I actually think that Alfie is ruining Kat. They don't have the same appeal as they once had and I don't see much of a sparkle between them anymore (how ever much better than him and mo). I honestly believe that Kat can do a lot better. I feel sorry for Jessie Wallace having to return to such a rubbish storyline. How predictable and boring can this love triangle get? IMHO, her single spat with Sharon on the street during Mondays episode is the best I've seen from her since she's returned. Kat is a great character and she has lots to offer. I know there is a lot of support for her and Alfie to get back together (initially I agreed) but I'm not so optimistic now. I agree with Birks that her return was disappointing, especially in comparison to what we’ve had with S&D. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to have her back but I didn’t like the way it was done. The whole thing lacked consistency. Personally I’m more looking forward to how she will deal with Zoe’s confession than any interaction she’ll have with Alfie.

I think she should forget about low life Alfie and get herself a real man. I won’t miss Alfie one bit. The bloke does my head in. As for little Mo -can't she go with him?
Little Mo is another character like Zoe. Both have been good in respective storylines in the past - Kat/Zoe muyvver and Trevor's abuse but because they've fallen foul to Shannis and Mofie they're both disliked now.
I would like to say Kacey is a very good actress and she is but this Mofie buisness is a load of old twaddle.
As for Kat and Alfie I agree with you. Kat seemed to lose all ties with her family when she became a Moon and the Slaters weren't even involved when she developed a drink problem before leaving. She left a mess and she's back reasonably better! Much better than Alfie. I just hope if KAlfie is resurrected then they won't ruin Kat's character. Alfie on the other hand can never recover. He's so down in the dumps with his double chin, red face and big fleeces. It's not the same happy go lucky person that entered the show.

BlackKat
23-06-2005, 15:58
I must admit, I am biased when it comes to this question because I've never really liked any of the other soaps much (no slur on them...I just don't.) So even when EE was at it's lowest point for me it was the best one out there, lol.

I think it's got a lot better though. Not just this week, it's been slowly getting there since the beginning of the year IMO, and hopefully it'll carry on.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 16:01
It's absolutely fanastic at the moment and is starting to kick butt again.

Princess
23-06-2005, 16:49
EE has really improved over the past few weeks. Even though must people don't like Zoe you have to admit that Michelle Ryan's acting has been fab! The storyline is really good and Sharon and Dennis are a beliveable couple!

Emmerdale = Who honestly cares about Scott?
Coronation Street = Just plain boring!

Johnny Allen
23-06-2005, 16:54
Eastenders has got much better, I'm actually enjoying Home and Away at the moment, and feel that it doesn't get enough recognition. Corrie was better at one stage but now all it seems to focus on is Bullying tactics. Is Eastenders the best at the mo probably, and the future storylines are sounding good.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 17:10
It does seem to have the most exciting plans.

true.moon
23-06-2005, 17:11
i think everyone watched it because of shannis

Treacle
23-06-2005, 17:22
I doubt it, it was regarded as a very weak rubbish storyline by most of us apart from the Shannis brigade but now they're back they're a bit better. I'm glad it's not a will they won't they situation.

true.moon
23-06-2005, 17:25
yeah it was a bit of a rubbish storyline wasnt it

Treacle
23-06-2005, 17:44
It's much better now though.

Alisha
23-06-2005, 17:55
'Shannis' wasn't rubbish but it was the Sharon/Dennis/Zoe love triangle that was. Sharon turned weak, Zoe pathetic and Dennis to-ing and fro-ing between the pair for 8 months and it really got repetitive. That’s when the original excellence of the story (Sharon and Dennis vs Den) got eradicated and we had a farce of a love triangle which dragged for the best part of last year. I fear that Kat/Alfie/Mo are to have the same fate.

but now they are back with a bang and its so much better to see them as a proper couple with out all the ‘will they won’t they’. They have so much potential in terms of storylines.

true.moon
23-06-2005, 18:00
no i mean when they came back wasnt very exiting

Alisha
23-06-2005, 18:10
no i mean when they came back wasnt very exiting

I thought it was. The last couple of days have been quality stuff and I know its isn't solely down to them but its thier return that has opened up a chain of events this week and added another dimmension to the Zoe/Sam/Chrissie murder story.

true.moon
23-06-2005, 18:11
yeah i suppose

squarelady
23-06-2005, 18:21
To me Eastenders has always been the best soap. There has always been a character that I've been interested in on screen and that's keeping me very happy!

true.moon
23-06-2005, 18:22
me too
no soap will ever beat it

squarelady
23-06-2005, 18:46
me too
no soap will ever beat it

*nods in agreement*

true.moon
23-06-2005, 18:48
:thumbsup:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 20:19
Well after watching tonights episode, they're not even going in the same direction as Corrie. It's been amazing.

true.moon
23-06-2005, 20:49
yes it was a fab episode tonight wasnt it!!

alan45
23-06-2005, 20:54
Tonights episode was a disappointment compared with earlier in the week. As for Sharon she has the same dirty laugh as Barbara Windsor had in the Caary On films

Treacle
23-06-2005, 22:06
Have you even seen Carry On? It sounds nothing like it. Bab's laugh is much more maginified. Plus it's not her Carry On laugh it's her real one!
I remember reading how she was told to tone it down for Peggy.

melanielovesdennisrickman
24-06-2005, 06:58
Hiya!!!!!
I Think That EastEndeRs Is The Best Soap Around!!!!!
It Has Great StoryLinEs,Like This Week Is Absolutely Great,And Great Characters,Great Writers,And Fit Guys Like Jake Moon And Dennis Rickman!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Treacle
24-06-2005, 10:50
I still love it anyways and it looks like it's coming through it's bad patch the decline could have continued until we had another Brookside scenario but they stopped it dead in it's tracks and have managed to turn it round.