PDA

View Full Version : X Factor (UK) 2012

Perdita
25-11-2011, 08:13
Louis Walsh is the only judge so far who has been offered a deal for next year's series of The X Factor, according to a report.

However, his fellow judges Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos and Kelly Rowland must wait until next year to hear if they will be hired again, The Mirror claims.

"Louis is the only judge who has been verbally offered a deal. Despite all the reports that he has been sacked, he is 100% nailed on to be back - if he wants the job," an insider is quoted as saying.

The source also suggests that Simon Cowell has already privately told show bosses that he is keen to keep Walsh on the panel, asking them to start drawing up a contract which could be worth as much as £1 million in order to keep him.

Previous press reports have claimed that Walsh may leave the show and he told former colleague Dannii Minogue in an interview that he is "50/50" about returning to the show in the future.

He added that he does not find the atmosphere as fun as in previous years and said that he "wants [his] life back".

Kitty Brucknell, Walsh's last remaining act in the competition, was eliminated two weeks ago on November 13.

Walsh is the only original judge remaining on the panel. Barlow, Contostavlos and Rowland were all hired this year to replace Minogue, Cowell and Cheryl Cole.

tammyy2j
09-01-2012, 16:18
Former Dancing On Ice star Laura Hamilton has revealed she has been in talks to host X Factor spin-off The Xtra Factor.

The blonde beauty told new! how she had narrowly missed the opportunity to front the show last year, with Olly Murs and Caroline Flack eventually taking the roles.

“I met Simon Cowell to talk about The Xtra Factor,” Laura told the magazine.

On last year’s discussions, Laura revealed how she and Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson had been in line to take over the ITV2 spin-off show from Konnie Huq.

“I think there were four of us in the running, but obviously Caroline [Flack] and Olly [Murs] got it and I think they did an amazing job.

“I think [Matt Edmondson] actually kind of got the job but then it all changed at the last minute. They keep you on your toes!”

Of course where these new talks leave Caroline and Olly is anyone’s guess, although Olly has confessed to being unsure of a return.

He said last year: “I’ve told them that I’m open to speak about it next year, but I’m not saying ‘No’ and I’m not saying ‘Yes’.

“We’ll see what happens. Presenting is always a tricky one because the more you do it, the more you get typecast as a presenter and I’m not a TV presenter, you know?

“I want to continue doing my singing, but we’ll see what happens next year.”

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/68346-laura-hamilton-and-matt-edmondson-to-host-xtra-factor.html#ixzz1iyj4FJ2N

lizann
09-01-2012, 20:02
I like Olly and Caroline

Perdita
16-01-2012, 12:25
Olly Murs has said that he expects to return to The Xtra Factor this series.

The 'Dance With Me Tonight' singer previously hinted that he would not host a second year of the spinoff as he wants to concentrate on his music career.

"It looks likely I will do The Xtra Factor again," he told The Sun. "But I don't want to do any other TV. I don't want TV to overshadow the music."

The 27-year-old added that although his flirtatious act with co-host Caroline Flack had been "a conscious decision", it wasn't long before a natural attraction built between them.

"It was a conscious decision to play up the 'are they? aren't they?' thing but we got on so well that we flirted with each other anyway," he said. "At the start we flirted a lot and people were talking, but now we've got to the end of the series we're just good mates."

Murs also revealed that he is on course to become a millionaire this year. :D

Perdita
22-02-2012, 10:11
Estelle has reportedly been approached to replace Kelly Rowland on The X Factor.

The 'American Boy' singer is said to have been lined up for a judging role by Simon Cowell after Rowland expressed a desire to concentrate on her US career.

"Estelle's name is very high on his list now and serious enquiries have been made as to her availability for auditions in May," a source told The Sun.

Rowland recently said that she would love to join The X Factor USA as a replacement for departed judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.

A representative for the ex-Destiny's Child star last month played down suggestions that she is leaving The X Factor, telling Digital Spy that she "enjoyed every minute the show".

Cowell has said that he is open to reshuffling the panel of Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos, Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow, though the latter confirmed last week that he is in talks to return as a judge.

Perdita
25-02-2012, 10:17
X Factor bosses have changed the rules to allow acts with managers to audition.

For the first time in the show's history, anyone can enter the ITV1 singing competition, regardless of their professional background or current representation.

Gary Barlow, who is yet to sign a contract for the next series, told the Radio 2 Breakfast show yesterday: "They're letting people apply who already have managers. They're hoping for a more developed artist, more developed group, if they have management."

Thames TV chief Richard Holloway confirmed the news, telling The Sun: "The change means we won't miss out on any talent."

He added that anyone aged 16 and over can enter The X Factor, whether they are "an amateur artist, have had a management deal in the past or have one now".

Auditions with producers start in Liverpool next weekend and continue in Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow, London and Newcastle over the coming weeks.

Simon Cowell recently confirmed a similar move for The X Factor USA, announcing that he has "torn up the rulebook" to improve the show.

LostVoodoo
26-02-2012, 09:32
oh please, they always snuck people in anyway! Looking at you Leona Lewis...

Perdita
01-03-2012, 18:35
Olly Murs has reportedly announced that he is returning to The Xtra Factor this year.

The 'Heart Skips a Beat' singer will present ITV2's X Factor spinoff with Caroline Flack for a second year running, according to The Mirror.

The 27-year-old, who finished runner-up in 2009's X Factor series, apparently confirmed the news to his fans at a gig in Dublin.

It follows an earlier report claiming that Simon Cowell had given Murs an ultimatum between his Xtra Factor commitments and his music career.

However, the Xtra Factor lineup is not expected to be officially announced until the summer.

The In Case You Didn't Know artist has previously admitted that he is unsure of whether he will continue his role on The Xtra Factor.

Perdita
07-03-2012, 11:51
Marcus Collins has predicted that Gary Barlow will return to The X Factor this year.

The Take That star confirmed last month that he is in talks to rejoin the panel, though his future on the show was questioned following the announcement that his wife is expecting their fourth child.

Barlow's X Factor protegee Collins, however, said that he is confident the singer will sign up for another series.

"Gary is the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to stories of the music industry," he told the Daily Star. "We're always having a laugh.

"Gary is a great role model, family man and amazing musician - and I think he'll do X Factor again."

On his own future, Collins said that he would be concentrating on the UK music scene and put off trying to crack America like other X Factor acts.

"The other day I saw a picture of One Direction in red, white and blue clothes; really American and wondered what was going on," he commented.

"America might be a little ambitious for me. I want to focus on the UK - it's where my heart is."

Perdita
11-03-2012, 19:15
Gary Barlow could be forced to quit The X Factor over his commitment to the Queen's Diamond Jubillee celebrations.

The Take That star, who confirmed last month that he is in talks to return to the panel, is writing a song with Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber celebrating the anniversary of Elizabeth II's coronation, touring the Commonwealth for a special documentary, and organising a Buckingham Palace concert to take place on June 4.

Barlow's royal duties are set to clash with the audition stages of this year's X Factor, and although Simon Cowell is said to be attempting to work out an appropriate schedule, it has been suggested that the singer may have to give up his seat.

"Gary wants to go back and Simon wants him but he has got a lot on this summer, namely the Jubilee concert which is taking up a lot of his time," a source told The People.

"This and other projects he is working on mean that unless the audition schedule changes, Gary won't be an X Factor judge for this year's show, which will be a huge blow for Simon.

"He loved the X Factor line-up last year and he hopes that he will be able to keep it the same. It is going to take a lot of juggling around though."

Perdita
18-03-2012, 07:50
Gary Barlow may have to pull out of the Judges' Houses stage of this year's X Factor, a report has claimed.

The Take That star's wife Dawn is due to give birth to the couple's fourth child in early October, according to The Sun.

However, during negotiations with ITV earlier this week, Barlow allegedly assured bosses that he will return to the panel later this year.

"Everyone was delighted Gary agreed to come back for another series of X Factor," a source claimed. "There's no ink on the contract, but he's good for his word."

"He was being a bit sheepish about his decision though because the diary has kicked up some problems," the insider added.

"Gary has promised he'll be present for the birth, but Simon Cowell is a tough task master. It could be very tricky."

Questions have also been raised over whether Barlow can appear in the competition's auditions stage because of his commitment to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations in June.

Cowell previously stated his intention to lure back all four judges - Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland and Louis Walsh - for series nine of the ITV talent show.

Perdita
19-03-2012, 09:56
Simon Cowell has revealed that he is considering axing The X Factor after this year's series.

The Syco boss already has a new format "in development" to replace the talent show franchise, which launched in 2005.

"In a year's time we might say, 'Right, that's the end of The X Factor. Let's start something new'," the Daily Star quotes him as saying.

Of last year's ratings dip, the music mogul said: "I'd rather fall off the cliff on numbers than deteriorate slowly."

Cowell added: "We have something in development which could replace The X Factor. Most things in music, fashion or TV tend to be across a ten-year period.

"The great test of success is if you can transcend a decade. I believe we can do it again if we're prepared to be brave."

The 52-year-old, who quit the talent show last year to launch X Factor in the US, recently signalled his intention to return to the UK panel.

Meanwhile, Cowell has also backed 2011 judges Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland and veteran Louis Walsh to return for a second year together.

An ITV spokesman said: "It is the UK's most popular entertainment show and we're looking forward to another great series."

lizann
21-03-2012, 10:56
Tulisa Contostavlos has reportedly obtained a court injunction after an alleged sex tape was posted online.

Footage of a blonde-haired female performing oral sex on an unidentified male was released yesterday. While the host website offered to sell the footage to users, lawyers for the star personally visited the offices of another website which had posted the seven-minute video.

According to reports, a gagging order has now been granted by the High Court after lawyers in both the UK and USA took action. It prevents anyone from using, publishing, communicating or disclosing to any other person, all or any part of the film.

UK publication Pappzd took down the video after receiving a "handwritten cease and desist notice".

Co-owner and editor Nadia Kabahita told BBC Newsbeat that the site, which normally receives 4,000 views, had received 50,000 after publishing the clip.

A spokesperson for the X Factor judge told Digital Spy: "Tulisa has asked us not to comment on speculation about her personal life."

A message posted on the Twitter feed belonging to Contostavlos's cousin Dappy claimed that the male in the video is their N-Dubz bandmate Fazer.

The now-deleted tweets suggested that the producer had recorded the footage himself and was seeking revenge against Contostavlos, from whom he split earlier this year.

And it is not suppose to be her yet she gets injunction???

Perdita
29-03-2012, 05:59
Olly Murs has confirmed that ITV wants him to return to The Xtra Factor.

The In Case You Didn't Know star told fans that he is "definitely" accepting the offer to host his second series of the ITV2 spinoff show.

Murs wrote on Twitter: "So just to clear up.. DEFINITELY doing Xtra Factor again this year, just need to sign on the dotted line and just work out my dates!"

The 27-year-old X Factor runner-up had previously admitted that he was unsure about whether bosses would renew his contract.

With Murs supporting One Direction on their US tour this summer, The Sun claims that 2011 co-host Caroline Flack will front the audition shows alone.

"X Factor bosses loved Olly on last year's show and really wanted him to do it," a source alleged.

"Once the One Direction tour was confirmed we decided to offer him just the live shows instead."

However, ITV has not yet officially unveiled either Murs or Flack as the 2012 hosts.

Perdita
18-04-2012, 05:43
Gary Barlow has confirmed that he is returning for a second series on The X Factor, admitting that he is "thrilled to be back" on the ITV1 talent show.

The Take That star, who mentored Marcus Collins to the runner-up spot on last year's show, is the first judge confirmed for the 2012 series.

"I'm thrilled to be back and really looking forward to working with the X Factor team again," said Barlow.

"The fact that a superstar could just walk out on that stage is very exciting."

Show boss Simon Cowell claimed that Barlow has "earned his place" on the panel and said that was "excited" to be working alongside Barlow again.

ITV's director of television Peter Fincham said: "Gary quickly established himself as a key member of The X Factor judging panel, drawing on his years of experience in the music industry to help in the search for our undiscovered singing stars.

"I'm thrilled to welcome him back to the biggest show on British television."

Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh are also expected to be back on the Saturday night show when it returns; however, Kelly Rowland's spot on the panel appears to be hanging in the balance.

Richard Holloway from X Factor producers Thames said: "Gary brings his vast music expertise, his fabulous character and down-to-earth approach to the show and audiences adore him so we are absolutely delighted that he's coming back."

X Factor's open auditions tour around the UK has finished, although hopeful singers can still apply via Facebook until May 8.

A new twist to the show's format means that any artist or act, aged 16 or above, can apply for the show, even if they have a management deal.

The three other judges will be announced soon ahead of the spring auditions tour. The X Factor will air again in the late summer on ITV1.

Perdita
23-04-2012, 18:58
The X Factor will host mobile auditions in order to widen its talent search for 2012, producer Thames has announced.

Sponsored by TalkTalk, the singing show will send its own van out to towns and cities not included in the arena auditions.

Commencing from later this week on Wednesday, April 25 in Plymouth, the search will visit Bangor and Aberystwyth in Wales, Dublin in Northern Ireland, as well as Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and Dundee in Scotland.

In England, the mobile auditions will go to Blackpool, Carlisle, Middlesbrough, Wakefield, Derby, Norwich, Colchester, Southend and Chatham, before ending at Brighton on Sunday, May 13.

Gary Barlow, the only judge confirmed so far to return this autumn, said in a statement: "We want to make sure we find all the talent the country has to offer and the extra auditions allow even more people to try out."

Unlike previous series, auditions will be open to applicants who have had record deals in the past, a precedent set by The X Factor USA.

Hopefuls can enter on The X Factor's Facebook page to win an audition in front of the panel until ITV's deadline of May 8.

The X Factor is expected to return in late August on ITV1.

Perdita
29-04-2012, 14:51
Dannii Minogue will reportedly be returning to The X Factor.

The Australian singer and fashion designer, who was previously a judge on the talent contest from 2007 to 2010, will replace Kelly Rowland on the panel, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The newspaper reports that Simon Cowell is keen to see Minogue, who is allegedly in negotiations with ITV, return to the show.

He is also said to have recruited Katy Perry as a guest judge for the new series. The 'Part of Me' popstar previously acted as a guest judge during Minogue's maternity leave in 2010.

A source close to the music mogul said: "Simon thinks she's great. They are still friends. If it works out, then it will be fantastic for X Factor. No formal offer has yet gone out, but this is likely to happen in the next few days."

The report comes just under two weeks after a controversial new biography of Cowell by Tom Bower revealed that he and Minogue had a secret affair during The X Factor's 2007 run.

Both Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow have confirmed that they will be returning to the judges' panel for the 2012 series of the show, with Tulisa Contostavlos also expected to continue in her role.

Perdita
30-04-2012, 21:11
Kelly Rowland has confirmed that she will not return to the X Factor panel. :( I liked her

The former Destiny's Child singer joined the show last year, but will be replaced in this year's judging lineup.

"After much speculation, we can officially confirm today that Kelly Rowland has decided not to return as a judge again for this year's UK X Factor," her spokesperson said.

"Global commitments coupled with the show's increasing demands this year mean that, despite weeks of deliberation with the show, Kelly has not been able to agree a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel.

"Kelly thoroughly enjoyed her role as a judge on the show, but felt that if there couldn't be a workable solution to scheduling issues so that she could effectively juggle her other commitments then she couldn't wholeheartedly commit to the show this year."

Rowland said: "I love the UK and being part of the show last year. Mentoring the girls was such an incredible experience I will never forget. I would like to thank Simon for the great opportunity and asking me to be a judge last season."

A spokesperson for The X Factor said: "Kelly's immense experience in the music industry shone through in both her judging and mentoring on The X Factor and we would like to thank her for being a part of the country's number one show and wish her well for the future."

They added: "The judging panel will be announced in due course."

Show host Dermot O'Leary recently told Digital Spy that he would like to see Rowland back on the panel, adding that the programme needs "continuity".

Dannii Minogue, who was on the judging panel between 2007 and 2010, has been tipped to return in place of Rowland. It recently emerged that Minogue had a fling with show boss Simon Cowell in 2007.

Fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos has said that she would get on with Minogue should she return to the show.

Gary Barlow confirmed his return to the head of the panel earlier this month and is said to have signed a £2 million contract.

tammyy2j
01-05-2012, 15:26
Great she was awful last year

Perdita
02-05-2012, 13:39
The filmed X Factor audition dates have been announced.

All four judges will have to be confirmed before Wednesday, May 23 when the judge auditions kick off in Liverpool.

Dermot O'Leary will be hosting the audition shows, while Caroline Flack will also be on the tour presenting spinoff series The Xtra Factor.

Gary Barlow is the only judge officially confirmed to be taking part in the series. However, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos are almost certain to be joining him on the panel.

A replacement for Kelly Rowland on the show is yet to be named.

After the first date in Liverpool, the competition will film auditions in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle and Cardiff.

The full X Factor audition dates are as follows:

May 23 - Liverpool
May 28-30 - London
June 5-7 - Manchester
June 11 - Glasgow
June 18 - Newscastle
June 25 - Cardiff

Perdita
03-05-2012, 14:20
Louis Walsh is the second judge confirmed for the 2012 series of The X Factor.

Walsh will make his ninth appearance on the judging panel whe the show returns to ITV1 at the end of the summer. He joins Take That's Gary Barlow, who announced that he was returning last month.

The Irish music mogul, who has managed acts such as Boyzone, Westlife and X Factor finalists Jedward, is the only judge to appear on every series of The X Factor.

"It's my ninth year on the show and I'm delighted to take my seat once more on the judging panel," said Walsh.

X Factor boss Simon Cowell said: "The show wouldn't be the same without Louis. I'm really happy he is coming back."

Co-star Barlow commented on Twitter: "I hear there's a lovely lad from Ireland joining me on X Factor. Congrats Louis! One of these years you'll be head judge."

Walsh was famously ditched from X Factor in 2007, when he was replaced by choreographer Brian Friedman. However, Cowell quickly reinstated Walsh after only a couple of days of auditions, confessing that he had made a "big mistake" dumping his co-star and friend.

Tulisa Contostavlos is expected to be announced as the third X Factor judge soon, but a replacement for Kelly Rowland, who confirmed her departure this week, remains up in the air.

Dannii Minogue is Digital Spy readers' pick to fill the vacant fourth judge slot.

X Factor filmed auditions begin on May 23, so all four judges must be confirmed before that date.

Peter Fincham, ITV's director of television, said: "Louis is, quite simply, an X Factor institution. It's great to have him back for this year's run."

Richard Holloway, managing director at Thames, added: "Louis's wealth of experience in the music industry, coupled with the fact he has been on every series of The X Factor, makes him a fantastic judge and mentor."

Perdita
13-05-2012, 06:43
Pop sensation Katy Perry is to be the fourth X Factor judge after a work clash ruled out Dannii Minogue.

The I Kissed A Girl singer impressed boss Simon Cowell, 52, when she *appeared as guest judge two years ago.

Now Katy, 27, is about to replace Kelly Rowland, 31, and is said to be delighted about joining the hit ITV1 Saturday night show.

Katy has few work commitments for the coming year after her plans to have a baby were dashed by the collapse of her 14-month marriage to comedian Russell Brand, 36. She is also keen to take a break from America to *escape the spotlight around their divorce.

The X Factor is *finalising the deal. A show insider said: “Simon and the *producers are really keen to get Katy, she was excellent last time. Advanced talks are taking place.” Dannii, 40, who has just broken up with boyfriend Kris Smith, 33, was top of the list to replace Kelly.

But mum-of-one Dannii, rocked by her romance with Cowell being made public, is a judge on Australia’s Got Talent which clashes with X Factor. Judges Gary Barlow, 41, Louis Walsh, 59, and Tulisa Contostavlos, 23, are all returning to X Factor.

Perdita
20-05-2012, 06:41
Rod Stewart has reportedly signed up to guest judge The X Factor.

Filmed auditions start in Liverpool on Wednesday but bosses are still searching for a permanent replacement for Kelly Rowland after Dannii Minogue rejected a £1m offer to return.

Producers are said to be worried that it is too late to secure an A-list star like Katy Perry and fear they could end up with Sinitta on the judging panel.

"Rod is a genuine living legend and exactly what the show needs. The details are still to be ironed out but it looks like he'll be at the auditions next month in London and possibly Glasgow because of his Scottish heritage," a source told The Mirror.

"He's sold more than 100 million records worldwide so he knows exactly what it takes to succeed in the tough world of showbusiness, and hopefully he'll also be a big draw for viewers who might not have been fans of The X Factor before.

"It's a big coup to get him involved and Simon Cowell is absolutely thrilled."

Plans to hire Perry, who proved popular as a guest judge in 2010, were apparently sidelined as bosses pursued Minogue.

"Katy was a big hit with viewers when she appeared on the show, but Simon didn't act fast enough to land her for this year," the source added. "It looks like getting her now is impossible because of her other commitments.

"We have known there was an empty space to be filled for months, but it has become more and more obvious over the last 24 hours that nobody has any idea who will fill the empty slot.

"Simon had put all his eggs in one basket with Dannii Minogue, and now everyone is scratching their heads wondering who they can get. Nobody wants another boring last-minute filler like Carmen Electra, but it's almost impossible to get an A-list star with just a few days' notice."

Estelle, LeAnn Rimes and Westlife singer Kian Egan are among those being considered for the job.

Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow and Tulisa Contostavlos will return to The X Factor, as well as host Dermot O'Leary.

Perdita
21-05-2012, 11:24
Geri Halliwell is to join the X Factor panel as a guest judge this week.

The former Spice Girls singer will sit alongside Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos when filmed auditions begin later this week, according to The Mirror.

"Geri certainly isn't afraid to speak her mind and that's exactly what the show needs," a source told the paper. "She was in the Spice Girls, one of the biggest bands in pop history, so she knows exactly what it takes to succeed in this industry.

"She's a tough cookie and has dealt with everything the music business has thrown at her, so she's well qualified to spot contestants who have the talent and the personality to make it... no doubt her feisty personality will make for some brilliant television."

X Factor bosses are currently seeking a fourth permanent judge to complete the panel after Dannii Minogue reportedly declined an offer to return to the show last week.

Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams and No Doubt musician Gwen Stefani have also been linked with X Factor guest judging slots.

Halliwell previously stood in as a guest panellist two years ago when Minogue was pregnant with son Ethan, and was reportedly booed by audience members in Glasgow.

Filmed auditions for The X Factor begin on Wednesday (May 23) in Liverpool.

tammyy2j
22-05-2012, 10:59
A report in the Sun said that some hopefuls, such as more established acts, had been invited to fast-track auditions separate from everyone else.

A spokesperson said that although acts with management deals were now able to try out, everyone still had to go through the same process.

To see the judges, acts must first audition for the show's producers.

A spokesman said: "All acts have to apply and go through the same process as every other act.

"All acts are auditioned on their own merits and the judges then decide who goes through to the live shows."

For the first time this year, music managers and talent scouts have been told their acts can apply for the new series.

That means that singers and groups are eligible even if they already have a management deal, or have had one in the past.

However, the show said the new rules didn't give any guarantee that anyone would get past the initial producer auditions.

Potential stars were also able to skip the open audition days this year by uploading a performance via Facebook or YouTube.

The ninth series of the singing show returns to ITV at the end of the summer.

tammyy2j
22-05-2012, 16:20
X FACTOR chiefs are desperate to sign sexy number one chart sensation Rita Ora as the new judge on their show.

Supremo Simon Cowell believes the street-wise 21-year-old blonde would be an excellent rival to Tulisa Contostavlos.

Her single R.I.P. is currently number one and she has worked with Jay-Z, 42, will.i.am, 37, and Kanye West, 34.

Cowell, 52, has also short-listed Alicia Keys and Avril Lavigne to fill the one vacant seat still left on the panel.

The ITV show has been thrown into turmoil after judge Kelly Rowland, 31, the former Destiny’s Child singer, quit last month.

Producers thought they could lure ex-panellist Dannii Minogue, 40, back but she turned them down.

Auditions for the new series begin tomorrow in Liverpool.

A raft of guest judges from the pop world, including Geri Halliwell, 39, and Robbie Williams, 38, will now join the others including Gary Barlow, 41, Tulisa, 24, and Louis Walsh, 59. But TV chiefs are desperate to sign another pop star to join the show full time when it goes live in the autumn, and top of their list is Rita.

The Balkans War refugee, who is dating Rob Kardashian, 25, clearly has the X Factor because she recently got a smacker from Rihanna, 24.

But Rita, who is currently working on her debut album, is not the only one in hush-hush talks for the post on the top-rated show.

Bosses also have their eye on American R&B singer Alicia, 31, who has sold more than 30million records and whose hits include Empire State Of Mind.

And Canadian star Avril Lavigne, 27, who has scored smashes with Complicated and Sk8er Boi, is also on the hit list.

A source said: “The clock is ticking to grab someone fast.

“When you sign up to be a judge on The X Factor you’re giving up five months of your life so your diaries need to be cleared for the rest of the year.”

Last night a spokeswoman for the said: “All names are pure speculation at this point.”

Perdita
26-05-2012, 13:47
Leona Lewis has been confirmed as the next X Factor UK guest judge.

The 'Collide' singer, who won the third series of the ITV competition in 2006, will join regular panellists Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh at auditions in London starting tomorrow (May 26).

Lewis will take over from Geri Halliwell, who joined the judges for try-outs in Liverpool and has been rumoured to become a permanent fixture on the show.

Speculation that Lewis would judge The X Factor emerged yesterday (May 25) in a report that also named Mel B and Rita Ora as potential future panelists.

The 'Bleeding Love' artist has recently appeared as a guest mentor on the Swedish version of The X Factor.

Guest judges are being sought for the ninth series of the UK contest after Kelly Rowland departed the show and Dannii Minogue rejected a rumoured £1m offer to return.

Perdita
28-05-2012, 07:42
Rita Ora will guest judge The X Factor, it has been confirmed.

The 'R.I.P.' singer will join the panel for tomorrow's (May 28) auditions in London, as had previously been rumoured.

"Or-some news! We can officially reveal that Brit babe and RIP singer Rita Ora will be guest Judging tomorrow in London. #GuestJudgesRule," the X Factor Twitter account confirmed.

Ora follows Geri Halliwell and former winner Leona Lewis, who guest judged in Liverpool and London respectively.

X Factor bosses are still searching for a permanent replacement for Kelly Rowland, who confirmed her exit in April.

Simon Cowell reportedly wants Ora to join the panel full-time, while current judges Louis Walsh, Tulisa *Contostavlos and Gary Barlow have called for Sharon Osbourne to return.

A source close to Ora said that the job is "hers to lose" after she impressed producers during meetings.

Mel B and Tinie Tempah are also rumoured to have signed up to guest judge The X Factor.

Perdita
30-05-2012, 07:19
Nicole Scherzinger has been confirmed as the latest X Factor guest judge, Digital Spy can reveal.

The Pussycat Doll singer and former X Factor USA judge will be the latest star to fill the fourth spot on the panel, following stints from Geri Halliwell, Leona Lewis and Rita Ora.

"I'm super excited to be back in London for The X Factor!" said Scherzinger, who was a guest judge during the auditions and Boot Camp stage of the 2010 series.

"Last time I was here we found One Direction and I can't wait to find more unique and interesting talent here in the UK."

Following the departure of Kelly Rowland, a full-time fourth judge has yet to be found. Geri Halliwell and Rita Ora are reportedly in the running to get the gig full-time. However, the Spice Girl apparently failed to gel with Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and Gary Barlow during her guest stint in Liverpool.

Ora has been impressive during her stint on the panel in London, but her lack of experience may count against her getting the job permanently.

The X Factor auditions continue today at London's O2 with Ora appearing in the morning session and Leona Lewis in the afternoon. Scherzinger will appear tomorrow at the O2.

tammyy2j
30-05-2012, 12:01
It sounds like they are auditioning potential full time judges who ever gets on the best as a guest judge gets the job full time :p

tammyy2j
15-06-2012, 12:29
Nicole Scherzinger has signed up to join the judging panel on the new series of The X Factor.

The singer will join Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos on the talent show in a reported £750,000 deal.

The former Pussycat Dolls star replaced Cheryl Cole on the US version of the show after the Girls Aloud singer was dropped from the panel last year.

Bosses had been trying out a series of guest judges to replace Kelly Rowland on the UK show, including former Spice Girls Geri Halliwell and Mel B.

Chart-toppers Rita Ora and Anastacia have also taken turns on the panel judging the hundreds of contestants attempting to find fame and fortune on the ITV1 programme.

Nicole, who was born in Hawaii, is dating Formula 1 star Lewis Hamilton and recently appeared in Men In Black 3.

Perdita
30-06-2012, 05:35
ITV are reportedly preparing to retire The X Factor UK in favour of another "big event show".

Bosses at the channel are apparently concerned that they have "become too reliant" on the Simon Cowell contest, which took a tumble in the ratings for its eighth series last year.

"Every television network is always looking for the next big thing. They'd be crazy not to," an alleged senior source told the Daily Star. "X Factor has had a brilliant run, but no show lasts for ever.

"Over the past few years Simon Cowell has been the main source for many of our top hits but some feel that we've got too many eggs in one basket and we've become too reliant on one man."

However, ITV entertainment boss Elaine Bedell - who admitted recently to being "hungry for a big primetime weekend event show" - has said that commissioners have yet to find a format they feel confident about.

"The ideas need to have the production values of The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent and I'm A Celebrity and they need a major piece of talent," she explained.

"We get very few pitches for big event shows. They're risky to commission."

Auditions for series nine of The X Factor UK are currently taking place around the country.

Chloe O'brien
06-07-2012, 23:36
Why did they pick Nicole she was rubbish on the US X-factor. They should have got Kylie to do it

tammyy2j
18-07-2012, 15:51
The X Factor became the Axe Factor when 60 contestants were dumped from the show's boot camp section before they had the chance to sing.

Around 200 would-be stars had travelled to Liverpool in an attempt to make it through to the judges' houses round.

But they were gathered on stage at the city's Echo Arena and almost a third were sent straight home by judges Tulisa Contostavlos, Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow and Nicole Scherzinger.

A show source told the Sun: "It was carnage. They were told there would be an important announcement. They went out on stage to face Tulisa, Louis, Gary and Nicole - and then the bombshell. There were looks of shock on people's faces. Even the judges looked upset."

It is believed show supremo Simon Cowell ordered the move amid fears that too many average acts had been put through.

An X Factor spokesman said: "Some of the contestants who got a yes at their first auditions, when seen side by side against the others, were not of a good enough standard."

lizann
30-07-2012, 21:59
Shayne Ward, the series two winner of The X Factor, has hit out at his exclusion from a new promo campaign from ITV looking back at the show's history.

The 'Whose Time Is Now' video features Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Little Mix talking about their X Factor experiences.

Watch the new X Factor trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oaas4T5PMzM

Acts including Ward and other series winners Matt Cardle, Joe McElderry, Leon Jackson and Steve Brookstein are not mentioned in the promo.

Commenting on the video on Twitter, Ward said: "Just seen the new X Factor promo video. Yet again it's like I'm being erased slowly from their history.

"Pathetic really. Would love to know why?"

Ward scored two platinum albums after winning the 2005 series of X Factor, however, his third record Obsession only reached number 15 in 2010 and the single of the same name charted at 97.

Meanwhile, Digital Spy readers have complained that the promo made it look like One Direction had won their series of the show, while actual victor Matt Cardle didn't even feature.

Also, Joe McElderry left a cryptic message on Twitter that many fans believed related to the video, writing: "I'm just gonna keep doing my thing :D #thatisall #loveforthemassive."

The ninth series of The X Factor will start next month on ITV1.

lizann
30-07-2012, 22:00
Shayne Ward, the series two winner of The X Factor, has hit out at his exclusion from a new promo campaign from ITV looking back at the show's history.

The 'Whose Time Is Now' video features Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Little Mix talking about their X Factor experiences.

Watch the new X Factor trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oaas4T5PMzM

Acts including Ward and other series winners Matt Cardle, Joe McElderry, Leon Jackson and Steve Brookstein are not mentioned in the promo.

Commenting on the video on Twitter, Ward said: "Just seen the new X Factor promo video. Yet again it's like I'm being erased slowly from their history.

"Pathetic really. Would love to know why?"

Ward scored two platinum albums after winning the 2005 series of X Factor, however, his third record Obsession only reached number 15 in 2010 and the single of the same name charted at 97.

Meanwhile, Digital Spy readers have complained that the promo made it look like One Direction had won their series of the show, while actual victor Matt Cardle didn't even feature.

Also, Joe McElderry left a cryptic message on Twitter that many fans believed related to the video, writing: "I'm just gonna keep doing my thing :D #thatisall #loveforthemassive."

The ninth series of The X Factor will start next month on ITV1.

Perdita
09-08-2012, 12:28
X Factor's ninth series will kick off on August 18, it has been revealed.

Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh will start the search for Britain's next great musical star later this month. Spice Girls Geri Halliwell and Mel B, Anastacia, Rita Ora and Leona Lewis were guest judges during the audition rounds.

The show is currently scheduled to air between 8pm and 9.15pm, between a double bill of Ant & Dec's big-money gameshow Red or Black?

Dermot O'Leary returns to host for his sixth series, while Caroline Flack and Olly Murs will present ITV2 spinoff Xtra Factor for a second year.

It was revealed at the weekend that show bosses are considering a new twist to this year's final, which will include the acts duetting with legends such as Amy Winehouse, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson via 3D holograms.

Previous winners of the talent show have included Little Mix, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and Matt Cardle.

Perdita
09-08-2012, 12:28
X Factor's ninth series will kick off on August 18, it has been revealed.

Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh will start the search for Britain's next great musical star later this month. Spice Girls Geri Halliwell and Mel B, Anastacia, Rita Ora and Leona Lewis were guest judges during the audition rounds.

The show is currently scheduled to air between 8pm and 9.15pm, between a double bill of Ant & Dec's big-money gameshow Red or Black?

Dermot O'Leary returns to host for his sixth series, while Caroline Flack and Olly Murs will present ITV2 spinoff Xtra Factor for a second year.

It was revealed at the weekend that show bosses are considering a new twist to this year's final, which will include the acts duetting with legends such as Amy Winehouse, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson via 3D holograms.

Previous winners of the talent show have included Little Mix, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and Matt Cardle.

tammyy2j
13-08-2012, 12:20
Joe McElderry has insisted that he is fine with being excluded from The X Factor's new advertising campaign.

ITV unveiled its 'Whose Time Is Now' promo last month, featuring Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Little Mix talking about their success since the show.

McElderry, along with fellow winners Shayne Ward, Matt Cardle, Leon Jackson and Steve Brookstein, were not included in the commercial.

"I'm not on Simon's [Cowell] label so I wouldn't expect him to promote me," McElderry told the Daily Star Sunday.

"If they want to erase the fact I won X Factor or try to hide it, I don't care.

"Personally I am proud I came from The X Factor. If Simon doesn't feel the same then you'll have to ask him why."

Ward recently hit out at his exclusion from the promo campaign.

He said: "Just seen the new X Factor promo video. Yet again it's like I'm being erased slowly from their history. Pathetic really. Would love to know why?"

Perdita
14-08-2012, 07:34
Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh are to provide one of the more bizarre moments of this year's X Factor auditions.

The rival judges amused the Manchester audience when they danced to Labrinth's 'Earthquake' with a Zumba instructor hopeful.

Both panelists were taught signature moves from the Zumba specialist and "shimmied" their way to a standing ovation.

They eventually returned to the judges' desk to take their places alongside Tulisa Contostavlos and guest judge Mel B.

It was reported in June that Walsh riled the Manchester auditorium when he told the crowd to "shut up" during an exchange with Barlow over a male singer he didn't rate.

The X Factor returns for its ninth series on Saturday, August 18 on ITV1.

Perdita
14-08-2012, 10:02
Gary Barlow has claimed that the Overs category is the one to watch on this year's X Factor.

Louis Walsh's Overs in 2011 - Sami Brookes, Kitty Brucknell, Jonjo Kerr and Johnny Robinson - struggled in the competition and the Irish judge didn't get a single act to the final.

However, Barlow has tipped the category for success this year, describing the standard of acts as "superb".

"The category to watch is the Overs. The Overs category hasn't been taken that seriously in the last few years but it has turned into the biggest contender this year," said Barlow.

"The standard is superb."

The age limit for Overs has increased this year, from 25 to 28.

Talking about this year's overall standard, he added: "I think it's been extraordinary this year. Everybody thinks so. I have even heard cameramen saying to each other that it's such a massive improvement on
last year.

"The standard has definitely gone up a few notches. I think the audience is going to love it."

The X Factor returns on Saturday, August 18 on ITV1.

Perdita
18-08-2012, 16:21
Mo Farah has reportedly agreed to appear as a mentor on The X Factor.

Simon Cowell has been in talks with the double gold medallist as he wants the new series to capture the "spirit" of London 2012, The Sun reports.

Producers are planning an Olympics-themed episode during the live shows and hope to secure other Team GB stars to help the acts.

The Olympians will coach contestants on how to perform under pressure and perfect their craft.

"Teaming up with our athletes means they can offer training and pep talks," a source said.

"People like Mo know about dedication and hard work. It's only right we invite them to help us shape our future popstars."

A recent report suggested that bosses of reality shows such as Strictly Come Dancing, I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here and Dancing on Ice are battling to sign Team GB stars to capitalise on the success of the Games.

The X Factor returns to ITV1 tonight (August 18) at 8pm.

Perdita
18-08-2012, 16:21
the usual :(

N.Fan
18-08-2012, 16:26
It dosen't make much sence to have Mo Farah as a judge,he hasn't got the experiance as what a singer has.

tammyy2j
18-08-2012, 19:44
It dosen't make much sence to have Mo Farah as a judge,he hasn't got the experiance as what a singer has.

X Factor hasnt been about singing talent for quite a few years :p

tammyy2j
18-08-2012, 19:44

N.Fan
20-08-2012, 15:35
Mel B has got to be the worst judge that's ever been on the X Factor,hope she doesn't come back anytime soon.
She's not al that good at singing herself.

tammyy2j
20-08-2012, 17:11
Mel B has got to be the worst judge that's ever been on the X Factor,hope she doesn't come back anytime soon.
She's not al that good at singing herself.

I think she taught being the baddie would make her likeable and maybe get more exposure and the job full time

tammyy2j
20-08-2012, 17:11
I see the sob stories continue again this year for Fix Factor (really should be known by this name)

N.Fan
21-08-2012, 15:22
I think she taught being the baddie would make her likeable and maybe get more exposure and the job full time
It didn't make her likeable with the audiance,the contestants or the viewers.I hope never to see her again.

Perdita
21-08-2012, 16:48
Mel B is reportedly wanted by X Factor producers for 2013's series.

The Spice Girls singer appeared in the latest series' launch episode as a guest judge, before Nicole Scherzinger signed up full time.

However, she was allegedly the first choice as the fourth permanent judge, but had commitments with the Australian version of the show, reports The Sun.

A source claimed: "Mel was our first choice. She was so quick and honest. You can't let everyone down gently or the praise is meaningless.

"There's a lot of money on the table for her next year."

Gary Barlow said that he wanted Mel B as a permanent judge back in June.

Sharon Osbourne has also spoken of her interest in rejoining the series as a judge.

The X Factor returns on Saturday, August 25 at 7.45pm on ITV1.

Perdita
21-08-2012, 16:48
:(

tammyy2j
22-08-2012, 11:35
It didn't make her likeable with the audiance,the contestants or the viewers.I hope never to see her again.

Likeable to Simon Cowell :p

Perdita
22-08-2012, 15:17
Brian Friedman will reportedly make a return to the UK X Factor.

Simon Cowell is said to have asked the American choreographer to fly over from the US for the live shows of the ITV competition, according to The Sun.

The move is allegedly due to Cowell's concerns that last year's acts were too wooden, and is looking to improve this year's dance routines.

"America is teeming with great choreographers, so Simon could spare him to return to the UK," a show source said. "Last year's performances were often atrocious in Simon's eyes, mainly because the choreography was all wrong.

"Brian instinctively knows what works and he was sorely missed. Simon has dug out his cheque book and given him a load of cash and said, 'Fix it'. The producers are delighted because they have the top guy back on board."

Friedman previously temporarily replaced Louis Walsh as a judge on The X Factor back in 2007. He also appeared as a judge on Cowell's show Grease Is The Word.

The X Factor next airs on Saturday (August 25) at 7.45pm on ITV1.

Perdita
22-08-2012, 15:18

tammyy2j
23-08-2012, 10:22
X Factor hopefuls Tae Blondo have claimed that they were set up by producers on the show.

The girl group have stated that staff insisted they wear their 'Stars and Stripes' hotpants and sing a cover of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns N' Roses.

They have also claimed that their conversation about guest judge Mel B was edited to make it seem as if they were scared of her.

Mel B later criticised their "Playboy Mansion" attire on Saturday's launch episode (August 18).

Lead singer Beth Wilson told The Sun: "Mel told us, 'You look like you belong in a Playboy mansion', and said the song was dated. Yet they were the two things they knew we would do.

"The producers also asked us to talk about Mel B, then edited it to look as if we were scared.

"They've obviously done it to make Mel B live up to her reputation as Scary Spice. It was clearly a set-up."

An X Factor spokeswoman responded: "Contestants make their own decisions about what to wear and what to sing."

megan999
26-08-2012, 10:30
Whilst I like the Spice Girls and Mel B as a guest judge, I prefer Nicole because she gives constructive criticism - e.g. when she told a girl, You have power and projection but you lack tone and pitch - and she didn't say it nastily. She could have just told her she was cr@p just to get a reaction. I was getting tired of Grumpy Spice!

N.Fan
27-08-2012, 15:12
Mel B must have had a personality transplant,she wasn't even rude like she was the last time.

I liked when Gary said to the twins "how dare you compare yourselfs to Jedward,you sound much better than them".:)

N.Fan
03-09-2012, 15:34
It was good to see Jade Richards back from last year,I hope this time she gets to the live performances.

Perdita
04-09-2012, 07:12
Sharon Osbourne has spoken about her rekindled relationship with Simon Cowell and how she ended up returning to this year's X Factor at Judges' Houses.

Sharon, who was a judge on the first four series of X Factor, was previously thought to have been blacklisted from the show after she publicly spoke out about Cowell at the start of the year.

The reality TV star mocked Cowell's penis size and was critical of comments he made about her in his unauthorised biography The Intimate Life Of Simon Cowell.

However, Sharon and Cowell have been in contact since her son Jack Osbourne was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, and the pair have patched up their differences.

"We're like brother and sister. We row, then we make up. We love each other, then we fight, then we love each other, then we fight," she said.

"But you know, one of the first people to reach out to me when Jack was diagnosed with MS was Simon. And that meant very much to me. Because it meant maybe he loves me, just a little bit."

Sharon will appear at Louis Walsh's Judges' Houses in Las Vegas. It is the first time she's appeared on the show since 2010, when she made a cameo at the same stage of the competition.

Speaking about Jack's battle with MS, Sharon said that her son was "determined not to let this stop the way he lives his life".

Commenting on how it has affected her life, she added: "You go through the guilt, you go through the, 'Is it me, was it me?', and you go through the family tree going, 'Who died of what? Where did this come from?'

"I've become even more of a control freak. I think I'm driving him nuts. He's got a headache and I'm all like, 'Go to the doctors! I'll drive you myself!' And I'm fussing and asking him what he's eating and all of that kind of thing.

"He's as good as married and he has a baby, and he left home about a hundred years ago, and I'm still fussing over him. I think I'm driving him mad. But that's what mothers are for."

The X Factor continues on Saturdays on ITV1.

N.Fan
04-09-2012, 16:08
I'm glad Sharon might be coming back,she was good on America's Got Talent.

N.Fan
07-09-2012, 15:31
I'm glad that the X Facter is on Sat and Sun this weekend,and I hope Geri Halliwell is a better judge than Mel B.

Perdita
08-09-2012, 17:50
Cheryl Cole is returning to the latest series of The X Factor, reports The Sun.

The 'Under The Sun' singer will apparently join Gary Barlow at a stately home in Northamptonshire for the Judges' Houses stage of the competition.

Cole and Barlow are thought to have planned her appearance following their duet at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert in June. Sources claim that Simon Cowell was not told about the Girls Aloud star's return and that Cole "loved the mischief of it".

"Only Gary's intimate inner circle know," one source said. "He hasn't even discussed it with Simon or ITV bosses. It's been seriously top secret stuff.

"They're all under the impression it's going to be Robbie [Williams]. No-one even noticed the dates for the recording clashed with Robbie's new solo tour."

Cole will help the Take That singer decide the finalists in the over-25s category. Other guest mentors rumoured to be joining the remaining judges include Ne-Yo (said to be helping Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger with the boys category in Dubai), Tinie Tempah (who will advise girl's category mentor Tulisa Contostavlos in the Caribbean) and Sharon Osbourne (who will join Louis Walsh in Las Vegas to assess the groups).

The remaining audition and Bootcamp stages of The X Factor will be shown over the next few weeks. The latest episode airs tonight at 8.10pm on ITV1.

Perdita
08-09-2012, 17:50
Cheryl Cole is returning to the latest series of The X Factor, reports The Sun.

The 'Under The Sun' singer will apparently join Gary Barlow at a stately home in Northamptonshire for the Judges' Houses stage of the competition.

Cole and Barlow are thought to have planned her appearance following their duet at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert in June. Sources claim that Simon Cowell was not told about the Girls Aloud star's return and that Cole "loved the mischief of it".

"Only Gary's intimate inner circle know," one source said. "He hasn't even discussed it with Simon or ITV bosses. It's been seriously top secret stuff.

"They're all under the impression it's going to be Robbie [Williams]. No-one even noticed the dates for the recording clashed with Robbie's new solo tour."

Cole will help the Take That singer decide the finalists in the over-25s category. Other guest mentors rumoured to be joining the remaining judges include Ne-Yo (said to be helping Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger with the boys category in Dubai), Tinie Tempah (who will advise girl's category mentor Tulisa Contostavlos in the Caribbean) and Sharon Osbourne (who will join Louis Walsh in Las Vegas to assess the groups).

The remaining audition and Bootcamp stages of The X Factor will be shown over the next few weeks. The latest episode airs tonight at 8.10pm on ITV1.

Perdita
09-09-2012, 16:06
Former Britain's Got Talent contestant and Britney Spears impersonator Lorna Bliss causes a storm on this evening's (September 9) X Factor with a raunchy routine and a body stocking outfit.

Bliss, who reached the semi-finals on BGT, has previously appeared on TV shows in Japan, Australia and Italy.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/36/300x225/realitytv_the_x_factor_0909_10.jpg
© THAMES TV/SYCO
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/36/300x225/realitytv_the_x_factor_0909_9.jpg
© THAMES TV/SYCO

"I'd like to be a household name, famous actress, famous singer, famous anything, famous cleaner if there were famous cleaners you know?" she says.

"I want to live the dream and take it all the way to the top."

During her performance of Spears's 'Till The World Ends', Bliss straddles Louis Walsh and struts her stuff for the judges. However, she is unable to get up close and personal with Barlow, who runs away from her advances.

A shocked Walsh comments: "I wasn't expecting that, I've done this for nine years and that's the first time that's happened!"

N.Fan
10-09-2012, 15:37
Didn't think much of the song Geri wrote and sang to Louie,no wonder she's not in the charts just now.
At least this weekend there was quite a few good groups.

tammyy2j
11-09-2012, 17:51
Robbie Williams seems less than impressed that his pal Gary Barlow chose Cheryl over him to help out in the judges' houses stages of The X Factor.

The singer, who has just unveiled his new single Candy, called the Girls Aloud star a "slapper" for pinching his job, but said that he was still in talks to appear on the show later in the series.

Speaking to Capital FM's Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdon, Williams said: "As long as there is an X Factor, there's going to be a Robbie Williams on The X Factor - as long as people are still watching it."

On parenthood, Williams revealed that him and wife Ayda Field have already chosen a "semi celebrity" name for their unborn baby girl.

"As a celebrity couple we're supposed to call I Aubergine or something like that aren't we?

"I do have a semi sort of celebrity name but it's not Apple-esque. It's a very solid old-school name. Really old-school. I think I only know one other of this name, but you've got to see the child before you go, 'Yeah, that's her name.'"

On whether he'll sell pictures of his sprog to the media after she's born, he said: "I had a dream the other night that I'd actually met her. On her onesie it said, 'This is not a photo opportunity,' so we cancelled the Hello! pictures."

N.Fan
12-09-2012, 15:38
I would rather see Robbie on the X Factor rather than Cheryl Cole,never really liked her and her new song is crap.

N.Fan
18-09-2012, 15:56
Now that the auditions are over it won't be as funny as it was,the auditions are always usually the best part of the show.

tammyy2j
18-09-2012, 16:29
I think this show like Big Brother has out stayed it's welcome far too long

Was that last fella really homeless, he didnt look it me

tammyy2j
20-09-2012, 14:00
Leona Lewis and Ne-Yo are among the acts booked to perform on the X Factor Live Shows.

Series three champion Lewis, who appeared on the final of last year's show, is expected to perform her new single 'Trouble' on the first Live Show weekend on Sunday, October 7.

The track is released for download on the same day and her new album Glassheart follows a week later.

Ne-Yo is also apparently signed up for a performance. He has already filmed a cameo as a guest mentor at Judges' Houses in Dubai with Nicole Scherzinger.

According to The Sun, former creative director Brian Friedman is flying into the UK as well to "shake up" production and boost ratings.

The X Factor continues this weekend with a double bill of Boot Camp episodes on Saturday and Sunday.

Brucie
20-09-2012, 14:25
I think this show like Big Brother has out stayed it's welcome far too long

Was that last fella really homeless, he didnt look it me

You can't believe anything you see on X Factor. As for bringing back the tuneless slapper who impersonated Britney Spears on Britains got Talent, that really represented a new low - no wonder the ratings are dropping like a stone. People can only take so many sob stories, so why they fill the audition programmes with them - thereby reducing the singing time they show - God only knows.

tammyy2j
22-09-2012, 21:59
Felt sorry for the contestants who travelled with their luggage to bootcamp to be kicked out without even singing

Brucie
24-09-2012, 10:18
I also felt sorry for the chap from Wolverhampton - authentic rock voice, standing ovations at his audition and his live boot camp performance, raved about by all 4 judges BUT not put through to judges houses. Whereas, the ultra camp Essex pretty Boy with a T shirt bearing his own pre-haircut image (!) who "is very Ibetha" but can't really sing, gets through to judges houses without a problem. Clearly Simon told them to put him through - as Jim Royle would say "singing competition - my a*se!"

lizann
24-09-2012, 12:07
I also felt sorry for the chap from Wolverhampton - authentic rock voice, standing ovations at his audition and his live boot camp performance, raved about by all 4 judges BUT not put through to judges houses. Whereas, the ultra camp Essex pretty Boy with a T shirt bearing his own pre-haircut image (!) who "is very Ibetha" but can't really sing, gets through to judges houses without a problem. Clearly Simon told them to put him through - as Jim Royle would say "singing competition - my a*se!"

Was that the Joseph Whelan chap he was excellent hope he gets a record deal

lizann
24-09-2012, 12:07
Gary has the best category

N.Fan
24-09-2012, 15:19
I was dissapointed that Jade Richards didn't even get through to boot camp,especially when that guy from Essex got through to the judges houses.
I thought the girls was the best category.

Perdita
25-09-2012, 06:22
Louis Walsh has spoken for the first time about Rough Copy's dramatic exit from this year's X Factor.

The hip-hop trio had to be dropped from the Judges' Houses stage of the competition after one of the group was unable to sort out their visa problems in time.

Two groups - Triple J and Times Red - were called up to fill the gap. Triple J have since renamed themselves Union J following the addition of George Shelley to the group.

Speaking about the last-minute switches, Walsh said: "When Rough Copy left, I found it difficult to choose between two groups to fill their place. In the end I invited boyband Triple J to come to Judges' Houses, but still felt that as I'd lost such a strong group in Rough Copy that I wanted to make sure the category was the best it could possibly be.

"I asked Gary, Nicole and Tulisa if they minded if I took a seventh act. They were happy as they felt they'd got the right six acts for their Judges' Houses trips so I asked Times Red to come along and they said yes."

Union J described the changes as a "once in a lifetime opportunity".

"We're so happy to be a four piece too. The group feels so right together, it feels like we've been together for years!" they said.

Meanwhile, Times Red added: "We are beyond excited about having a second chance. We have nothing to lose so we're going all-out to impress in Vegas."

Walsh will be joined by Sharon Osbourne at the Judges' Houses stage, which he filmed in Las Vegas. The judges can only take three acts through to the Live Shows this year.

The X Factor Judges' Houses will air this weekend in a double-bill on ITV1.

tammyy2j
25-09-2012, 10:58
I think Ella who sang Cher's Believe is amazing love her voice but I think this show will ruin her

Joseph Whelan is suppose to be back as a wild card

Caspiant
25-09-2012, 15:09
I think Ella who sang Cher's Believe is amazing love her voice but I think this show will ruin her

Joseph Whelan is suppose to be back as a wild card

I liked Ella's version of Believe better than Cher's version.:)

tammyy2j
25-09-2012, 16:23
Joseph Whelan has hit out at The X Factor after he was axed at Boot Camp.

The singer, who failed to reach the final 24 on Sunday's (September 23) show, claimed that producers got rid of him to cause controversy, adding that fellow contestant Rylan Clark "can't sing".

"The X Factor set me up for a fall. They shafted me by praising me so highly - then sending me home," Whelan told The Sun.

"I nailed all three of my performances and didn't get one negative comment from the judges. So I was in complete shock when they kicked me out.

"But The X Factor loves controversy. They obviously decided the backlash was worth getting rid of me for."

Jahmene Douglas, Jake Quickenden and Rylan Clark were among those who got through to Judges' Houses.

"Rylan has a great look and great personality - but the man can't sing," Whelan added. "I'm not sorry I entered, though. Despite everything, it has been a great platform for me. Maybe I'll beat the winner to the Christmas number one this year."

An X Factor spokesman said that the "standard is very high this year and not all acts can make it through to the next stage".

Brucie
26-09-2012, 14:17
Surely Gary Barlow will resist any attempts from the X Factor Puppeteer in chief to get Rylan Clark into the live shows? He's still got some musical credibility left, even though he took the tuneless Frankie Cocozza through to last year's live shows.

tammyy2j
26-09-2012, 15:17
Simon Cowell reportedly wants this year's X Factor contestants to act like Frankie Cocozza.

Producers are apparently hoping the singers will show their "wild side" to boost ratings and increase publicity following Cocozza's controversial stint on the show.

Contestants will stay in a five-star hotel, rather than a house, and will be "treated like rock stars" - with no curfew and 24-hour room service.

"Frankie defied the curfew and partied in town and his antics were the talk of the show," a source told the Daily Star.

"Bosses feel everyone should get a taste of what's on offer as a pop idol."

Cocozza was axed from The X Factor last year after bragging about taking drugs.

Meanwhile, it emerged yesterday (September 24) that Ofcom is investigating two X Factor auditions over claims they broke its broadcasting code.

Perdita
28-09-2012, 10:59
The X Factor judges will reportedly choose one wildcard each after the Judges' House stage of the show.

Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger have been told to pick one further act to join their final three, reports The Sun.

The public will then get the chance to vote for their favourite out of the four wildcards, with the most popular act sent through as the 13th finalist. This will leave one judge with an extra act.

The four wildcards are said to have already been picked and will be revealed on Sunday's show (September 30).

A show source said: "We like to add new twists to the show every year and this time the public get to choose an act to be added to the competition.

"With the standard so high this year, the judges had a tough time choosing their three, so this gives another amazing act the chance to perform on the X Factor stage."

The phone lines will remain open until the following Saturday, when the most popular act will perform with the other 12 finalists.

A similar wildcard element was used in the 2010 series, but each judge was given an extra act rather than just one.

Last year, Amelia Lily was given an extra chance halfway through the live shows, following the departure of Frankie Cocozza and a subsequent wildcard vote with other axed hopefuls.

Contostavlos has already lent her support to a Facebook campaign to bring back axed contestant Joseph Whelan.

The X Factor continues on Saturday (September 29) at 7.30pm on ITV1, where the acts will join their mentors for the Judges' Houses stage of the competition.

Perdita
30-09-2012, 06:49
The songlist that the Top 25 acts will be performing on tonight's X Factor Judges' Houses show has been revealed.

Cheryl Cole and Sharon Osbourne are among the special guests who have joined the judges to pick out the Top 12 acts to make this year's Live Shows.

Boys:
James Arthur - 'I Can't Make You Love Me' by Bonnie Raitt
Nathan Fagan-Gayle - 'Beautiful Monster' by Ne-Yo
Adam Burridge - 'SOS' by Abba
Jake Quickenden - 'Back for Good' by Take That
Rylan Clark - 'We Found Love' by Rihanna
Jahmene Douglas - 'Titanium' by David Guetta

Groups:
Times Red - 'Ain't No Sunshine'/'Let's Get It Started'
Mitsotu - 'Hey Ya' by Outkast
MK1 - 'Just Be Good To Me' by Professor Green
Union J - 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen
Poisonous Twin - 'Freak Like Me' by Sugababes
Duke - 'The Way You Make Me Feel' by Michael Jackson
GMD3 - 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts

Girls:
Jade Ellis - 'Stand By Me' by Ben E King
Amy Mottram - 'Read All About It' by Emeli Sandé
Leanne Robinson - 'Hurt' by Christina Aquilera
Jade Collins - 'It Must Have Been Love' by Roxette
Lucy Spraggan - 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston
Ella Henderson - 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz

Overs:
Carolynne Poole - 'When You Say Nothing At All' by Ronan Keating
Nicola Marie - 'Tragedy' by Steps
Brad Shackleton - 'The Final Countdown' by Europe
Melanie Masson - 'Everytime You Go Away' by Paul Young
Kye Sones - 'Payphone' by Maroon 5
Chris Maloney - 'All Out of Love' by Jagged Edge

The X Factor airs tonight (September 29) at 8pm on ITV1.

megan999
30-09-2012, 10:28
The songlist that the Top 25 acts will be performing on tonight's X Factor Judges' Houses show has been revealed. The X Factor airs tonight (September 29) at 8pm on ITV1.

Did the contestants get to choose what songs to sing, or were they told what to sing?

tammyy2j
30-09-2012, 21:04
The final 12 are:-

Ella Henderson
Jade Ellis
Lucy Spraggan

MK1
GMD3
Union J

James Arthur
Jahmene Douglas
Rylan Clark

Kye Sones
Carolynne Poole
Melanie Masson

tammyy2j
30-09-2012, 21:04
One wildcard goes throught from the judge's picks - Tulisa picks Amy as her wildcard. Gary wants Christopher. Nicole selects Adam. And Louis Walsh picks Times Red

N.Fan
01-10-2012, 15:28
Don't know how Rylan Clark made it through to the live rounds,when there was much better singers that never got through.

tammyy2j
02-10-2012, 11:51
There is no act I'm excited about seeing this year on the show

megan999
02-10-2012, 14:39
I read somewhere that the acts are allowed to sing their own songs and play their own instruments this year :)
This should make it more interesting, I'm tired of hearing the same songs every year!

megan999
02-10-2012, 14:39
I like Rylan as a person, I know he's not a good singer, but he doesn't deserve to have threats made against him. It's the judges fault for putting him through in the first place.

lizann
02-10-2012, 20:46
I like Rylan as a person, I know he's not a good singer, but he doesn't deserve to have threats made against him. It's the judges fault for putting him through in the first place.

He isnt the worse singer but overacts and camps it up big time which I'm sure he is told to do by producers

lizann
02-10-2012, 20:46
I think Christopher might be in as a wildcard Gary was clever not picking him as he knew is likeable more than the other three wildcards

N.Fan
03-10-2012, 15:21
He isnt the worse singer but overacts and camps it up big time which I'm sure he is told to do by producers
His performance when he got told he was in the final three was better than his performance when he was singing.

tammyy2j
03-10-2012, 15:48
James Arthur blasts Digital Spy forum

"Who are these people on the Digital Spy forums!?!?" he wrote.

"Do they have no idea that there nothing but negative lowlifes for even typing such s**t!?

"Some of these fools don't even realise how disgustingly ignorant and ridiculous there opinions are!! Get a life.

"I wouldn't normally rise to it but I'm in genuine disbelief that these clowns dare to write the s**t they write on there!"

Venting his frustration, he continued: "They should be locked up for some of the s**t they say about us lot.

"Rarely do I go on s**t like Digital Spy which is made for w**kers with no lives who wanna find out what's happening on Corrie next wk but when I do all I see is abuse! I reckon they should shut that s**t down!!"

He qualified his comments somewhat when fans of Arthur, who also use Digital Spy, contacted the singer.

"Maybe that was a bit of a generalisation, but all I meant was there is a lot of negative people on there by the looks of it," he added.

N.Fan
03-10-2012, 15:58
I've experianced something similar on this forum.

tammyy2j
03-10-2012, 15:59

I thought you were great on X Factor :p

I think James has shot himself in the foot he could be eliminated this week or be in the bottom two

lizann
03-10-2012, 20:48

Thought we were one happy family on here

lizann
03-10-2012, 20:48
Lucy is now the favourite to win the wildcard place on the live shows

Perdita
07-10-2012, 19:28
Robbie Williams is being lined up to join the X Factor panel for one of the live shows, reports the Daily Star.

The former Take That singer - who recently announced three dates at London's O2 Arena - is said to be making an appearance as guest judge before performing his single 'Candy' on November 4.

"The idea is to get the famous acts more involved in the show and the decision making," said an X Factor source.

"Others being approached include Bruno Mars, Pink and Gwen Stefani. They would be there to give their opinion as unbiased judges without having a vested interest in any of the acts."

Simon Cowell is also rumoured to be returning to the series as a fifth judge. Producers are thought to be keen for the 52-year-old music mogul to join Tulisa Contostavlos, Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh for the final December show in a surprise twist.

"Producers know that having him criticising and judging the other judges would be TV gold," the source added.

The X Factor live shows continue tonight at 8pm, with performances by Leona Lewis and Ne-Yo.

Chloe O'brien
08-10-2012, 11:45
Louis is a joke he should be fired for what happened last night total farce. He said he wanted to save Caroline then he changed his mind. There is no way he should have been allowed that to happen, no wonder Gary walked off in disgust. Rylan should never have made it to the live shows, it's a singing contest not a "Get me on the telly contest" and the same is going to happen this year like anyother year they let the pantomine acts in. One of the talented acts will get the boot before he does.

Tuareet
08-10-2012, 12:48
Hear hear Chloe! Agree with you 100%.

Brucie
08-10-2012, 14:19
If anyone was still under the illusion that X Factor was not fixed, then what happened last night surely shattered that illusion. Louis Walsh is so out of date, he's not even yesterday's man - more like the day BEFORE yesterday's. He's simply there to do Simon Cowell's bidding - as they all are, to varying degrees, otherwise jokers like Rylan just wouldn't make it through to the live shows.

N.Fan
08-10-2012, 16:07
The best acts for me was Melanie Masson and MK1

The worst act was,no surprise Rylan Clark.

lizann
08-10-2012, 18:04
I'm happy Rylan stayed even though he is sh*te it pissed off Gary and showed that the show is a fix as it always has been

You could see a producer talking to Louis obviously telling him take it to deadlock as Rylan will stay then

Ella was the best on the opening live show but there was no stand outs for me

Dermot dancing was great

lizann
08-10-2012, 18:04
damn double post

alan45
08-10-2012, 18:06

You see there are things we agree on :)

alan45
08-10-2012, 18:06

You see there are things we agree on :)

tammyy2j
09-10-2012, 14:05
I feel sorry for Rylan he is getting alot of abuse now

There is quite a lot of crap acts this year

moonstorm
09-10-2012, 15:52
I agree Rlyan is crap but at least he is a bit entertaining unlike some of the really boring just as crappy ones.

N.Fan
09-10-2012, 16:27
It looked like Tulisa is trying to turn Lucy Spraggan into her mini me,with her new hair style she had.

tammyy2j
09-10-2012, 16:31
It looked like Tulisa is trying to turn Lucy Spraggan into her mini me,with her new hair style she had.

Very unfair she was left sing her own song James and Eilla or anyone else should be also

I dont think Lucy will fair well doing other songs besides her own

Perdita
10-10-2012, 13:50
X Factor judges Tulisa, Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow met with the show's executive producer Richard Holloway for a reported 'crisis meeting' in London last night (October 9).

Walsh caused controversy on the results show last weekend when he seemingly chose finalist Rylan Clark over Carolynne Poole to be sent home before changing his mind and sending it to Deadlock.

It was then claimed that the result was fixed and Walsh, who is mentoring the bands this year, was told to take it to the public vote by producers.

Yesterday evening, the ITV show's host Dermot O'Leary, who recently defended his actions during the results show, joined the stars to discuss the furore at the Arts Club in Mayfair.

Scherzinger and Walsh seemed to be on friendly terms as they hugged outside the club, while Gary Barlow and Tulisa looked downcast as they left.

N.Fan
10-10-2012, 16:02
Very unfair she was left sing her own song James and Eilla or anyone else should be also

I dont think Lucy will fair well doing other songs besides her own

Excuse me,but I never mentioned anything about whether she was left to sing her own song or not,what I meant was that Lucy had a similar hair style that Tulisa has had and she looked a bit like her.

tammyy2j
10-10-2012, 16:26
Excuse me,but I never mentioned anything about whether she was left to sing her own song or not,what I meant was that Lucy had a similar hair style that Tulisa has had and she looked a bit like her.

I took no notice of their hair tbh I was just saying it was unfair she was left sing her own song on the first live show as others like James and Ella are also songwriters sorry if by adding in your quote you thought it was aimed at you directly

N.Fan
10-10-2012, 16:45
I took no notice of their hair tbh I was just saying it was unfair she was left sing her own song on the first live show as others like James and Ella are also songwriters sorry if by adding in your quote you thought it was aimed at you directly
No problem.

tammyy2j
11-10-2012, 11:00
Gary Barlow has agreed to return to The X Factor this weekend - but has made it clear that he will quit if Sunday's controversial deadlock drama is repeated.

The first weekend of live shows ended with Barlow's act Carolynne Poole and Nicole Scherzinger's singer Rylan Clark in the bottom two. After initially saving Poole, Louis Walsh outraged the Take That star by changing his mind and going to deadlock, with Clark winning the public vote.

Fans criticised the decision, with many suggesting Walsh was told to go to deadlock by producer Richard Holloway. Holloway has denied any involvement in Walsh's decision.

Barlow reportedly called an emergency meeting with production staff after storming off stage on Sunday's results show. While he agreed to return to the programme, he has reportedly demanded that producers "put a stop to tricks" and theatrics.

"Gary is fiercely proud of his reputation and signed up for the show because he wanted to nurture genuine talent," a source told The Sun. "The reason he wanted to be on it was to put a stop to these tricks, and to stop insulting the artists and viewers.

"The pantomime some of his fellow judges bring to the show drives him insane, and he believes it undermines the credibility of the whole show. Sunday's antics infuriated him. He was livid.

"He called a dinner for last night and issued an ultimatum - if this ever happens again, he is off. No questions asked.

"Gary is demanding that genuine talent should always be recognised ahead of pantomime acts like Rylan who might pull in a few more phone votes for the novelty factor."

Despite the backlash from viewers, The Xtra Factor ratings soared as a result of the drama.

megan999
13-10-2012, 13:10
HE’S beside you! Louis Walsh tries desperately to avoid a furious-looking Gary Barlow as the pair sit next to one another during rehearsals last night.

Gary is fuming with his Irish co-star after Louis dumped his act Carolynne Poole last weekend just minutes after taking an instruction from show executive producer Richard Holloway.

A source said: “Gary was sucking his teeth and ignoring Louis all afternoon.

“It’s proper pantomime but Louis is just laughing it all off. He’s heard it all before.”

The pair came face to face earlier this week at a dinner in central London when Gary insisted decent singers should not be booted off The X Factor in favour of “joke” acts such as Rylan Clark.

JAMES ARTHUR has been given a few tips – by surprise mentor Mary J Blige.

The American superstar singer called the wannabe last night after learning he was singing her song No More Drama on tonight’s show which has the theme of love and heartbreak.

ITV filmed the call for the show and James told her: “This is just blowing my mind right now. I’m such a big, big fan.

“How would you advise me to do what you did with the song and do it justice?”

She replied: “Sing the song like you want something to change in your life, like you really, really wanna change something and that’s it.

“Nicole (Scherzinger) was raving about you – you must be amazing. I don’t wanna wish you luck, just go get it.”

source:The Sun

tammyy2j
13-10-2012, 23:56
Gary Borelow :p LOL

megan999
14-10-2012, 10:43
I thought that Kye did the best vocal performance IMO and song choice for his medley.
I found Rylan the most entertaining :D

N.Fan
15-10-2012, 15:11
Week:2

Best acts: Ella Henderson
James Arthur

Worst act: Rylan Clark

Melanie Masson was robbed she should never have been in the bottom two,never mind being voted off.

tammyy2j
16-10-2012, 12:23
I thought that Kye did the best vocal performance IMO and song choice for his medley.
I found Rylan the most entertaining :D

I find Kye too cocky and kinda expected him or Christopher (my nerves are grand now) to be in the bottom not Melanie who Gary didnt seem bothered by her leaving

I dont think Gary will have any acts left soon

Ella and James were the best of the night by far

Brucie
16-10-2012, 13:02
I find Kye too cocky and kinda expected him or Christopher (my nerves are grand now) to be in the bottom not Melanie who Gary didnt seem bothered by her leaving

I dont think Gary will have any acts left soon

Ella and James were the best of the night by far

Agree totally. Kye isn't half as good as he thinks he is, and is going through the motions because he believes the extravagant (misplaced) praise being heaped upon him by the judges. Gary Barlow sealed Melanie's fate by picking a song that didn't need powerhouse vocals (that song is better with a subtle treatment like Paloma Faith's on the John Lewis advert). Similarly, he got his other female singer booted out by stitching her up with a poor song. Caroline was a good country singer, and there are plenty of great country songs out there, so why be"clever" by picking a Nicky Minaj song?
It was clear that the producers wouldn't let Rylan be in the bottom 2 this week, but he is clearly a very average singer so how is it fair to lose decent singers while that clown is still in? As for being entertaining, by what definition is it entertaining when a gay bloke minces around a stage singing appallingly?

lizann
17-10-2012, 14:07
Gary Borelow :p LOL

I like Rylan yes he is a bad singer but I find his battle with Gary quite funny

James and (Ad)Ella :p were good this week

megan999
21-10-2012, 16:31
I enjoyed the performances from Jahmene, James Arthur and District3. Particularly James' performance:thumbsup:. Wish I could buy his song, but I don't like itunes!

I think that Rylan and Christopher should be in the bottom 2 tonight.

tammyy2j
21-10-2012, 18:01
Jaheme was very good last night I just want to give him a big hug

I am finding James quite cocky now as well as Kye even though James is more talented

tammyy2j
21-10-2012, 18:01

Perdita
21-10-2012, 19:05
Jaheme was very good last night I just want to give him a big huge

Huge what?

Perdita
21-10-2012, 19:05
Jaheme was very good last night I just want to give him a big huge

Huge what?

tammyy2j
21-10-2012, 19:37
Huge what?

Meant hug only :o

Perdita
21-10-2012, 19:53

:lol: sorry, I should have thought that you meant that :o

Perdita
21-10-2012, 19:53

:lol: sorry, I should have thought that you meant that :o

N.Fan
22-10-2012, 15:47
Week: 3

Best Acts: Ella Henderson - Best song choice.
James Arthur

Worst Acts: Jade Ellis
Rylan Clark

Would have preffered if Kye Sones went instead of MK1.

Brucie
22-10-2012, 16:35
I'm glad MK1 have gone (a) because I think they're pretty poor at what they do (which admittedly is not the sort of stuff I like to listen to), but mainly (b) because of that ridiculous set-up at their first audition with the supposed "third" member - the guy who couldn't sing. That was almost as big a sham as the "flaky" scouser whose shredded nerves appeared to become rock solid once his place in the live shows was secure. As for Tulisa's "urban roots" - are they those black things on the top of her head when she applies the "blonde super- chav" hair colour???

megan999
22-10-2012, 16:45
SIMON Cowell is secretly trying to unsettle Gary Barlow — by snubbing him and constantly calling fellow X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger instead.
He has made several “flattering” late night calls to Pussycat Doll Nicole, while Gary has admitted Simon has been blanking him.
Simon has also told Nicole her quirky style is worthy of the title “head judge” — instead of Gary.
And he has dropped hints she could be back next year, despite earlier planning to dump her.
The news comes as Nicole’s stock rose yet again after her lively appearance on Saturday’s show.
She provided some of the only laughs on an otherwise moody panel — while TWO MILLION more viewers watched Beeb rival Strictly Come Dancing.
A show insider said: “Simon’s irritation with Gary is well known. He’s given him the Over-25s — two of whom have been binned.
“And he’s been refusing to call Gary. Instead he’s been buttering up Nicole on the phone — saying her comments are best and don’t sound scripted like Gary’s.”
Even Gary’s Take That bandmate Robbie Williams is giving him grief, tweeting for his fans to vote for Rylan Clark — who Gary detests.
Source: The Sun

Personally I think Nicole is the best judge :D

lizann
22-10-2012, 20:26
Gary gets cards under the table with his comments when judging apparently I would think he had a mind of his own and could give his own opinion

James, Ella and Jaheme are miles ahead of the others

lizann
22-10-2012, 20:26
Jordan was backstage with Rylan last weekend

N.Fan
23-10-2012, 15:30
Gary gets cards under the table with his comments when judging apparently I would think he had a mind of his own and could give his own opinion

James, Ella and Jaheme are miles ahead of the others

Who gives him the cards ?

megan999
24-10-2012, 16:26
X FACTOR hopefuls Union J face being SUED by a pop manager who claims he put the band together.

Julian White reckons Josh Cuthbert, Jamie “JJ” Hamblett and Jaymi Hensley were part of Rewind, which he set up last year.

He says he got them interest from record labels and music producers and media interviews.

But shortly after they began being noticed, White alleges they DUMPED him and went off with a new manager — former X Factor wannabe Blair Dreelan.

Blair hit the headlines last year after his girlfriend, Sarah Robinson, ran off with 2010 X Factor winner Matt Cardle.

Rewind became Triple J, with JJ, Jaymi and Josh in it. X Factor producers then added George Shelley and turned them into Union J.

Julian — who also worked with X Factor flopstars MK1 — told TV Biz: “I made these lads and we signed an agreement for a contract. Next thing I know they’ve changed their name to Triple J and auditioned for X Factor with Blair as their manager.

“They got all aggressive when I asked them why they’d gone. But I’ve consulted my lawyer and as soon as they start earning I’m coming after them for five per cent of their earnings.

“I’m told I have a very good case.” But pals of Union J — Jamie, George, Josh and Jaymi — hit back saying: “He managed them before George joined the group, so they’re not even the same band when he managed them.”

And last night their new boss said: “Union J are confident that the ex-manager of Triple J has no contractual claims over the band.”

X Factor chiefs have allowed acts to have managers this year for the first time ever.

source: The Sun

tammyy2j
24-10-2012, 19:38
I am sure that James Corden and Ben Winston were writing put downs for Gary last year

lizann
25-10-2012, 20:12
Who gives him the cards ?

simon cowell he is under the desk pulling the strings :p

Perdita
29-10-2012, 11:48
The X Factor will have a number ones theme for the fifth live show next Saturday (November 3).

It was revealed on The Xtra Factor that the nine remaining contestants will tackle number one singles in a bid to stay in the competition.

The theme was previously used in the show's seventh series in 2010, where eventual winner Matt Cardle performed Kelly Rowland's 'When Love Takes Over'.

Contestant Rylan Clark suggested on Saturday's (October 27) show that he will perform a ballad during number ones week, telling judge and critic Gary Barlow that he will deliver a stripped-back performance which will allow people to see that he can sing.

He confessed tonight (October 28) on The Xtra Factor that his announcement caused a few problems with producers.

He said: "I think I caused some problems backstage because we work a week ahead backstage."

However, the 23-year-old added that he is looking forward to an opportunity to silence his critics: "I think the people that are supporting me out there know that I need to do this, and hopefully the people that ain't so keen on me yet might go, 'You know what, he's not bad'."

Jade Ellis became the latest act to be eliminated from the show, after losing out in a sing-off with Union J.

The X Factor's number ones-themed show airs next Saturday at 8.20pm on ITV1.

megan999
29-10-2012, 15:00
I was shocked Union J was in the bottom two. I thought that District3 did worse than them. Also, I thought Jade sang better in the sing-off than Union J so in my opinion, I thought that Jade deserved to stay!

N.Fan
29-10-2012, 15:19
Week:4

Best acts:
Ella Henderson
James Arthur

Worst Acts:
Jade Ellis
District 3
Rylan Clark

I didn't think Union J would have been in the bottom two,when they were better than District 3,but I wasn't surprised Jade was after her performances two weeks in a row.She was better in the sing off but still thought it was the right decision for her to leave.

lizann
30-10-2012, 19:59
lucy shouldnt have got a free pass last weekend

james was the best

lizann
30-10-2012, 19:59

james was the best

megan999
31-10-2012, 16:19

But this has happened before when the contestants have gotten sick. I missed Lucy last weekend, I'm sure she would have done another good performance :)

megan999
31-10-2012, 16:19
Shame that Rylan wants to go all serious to impress Gary. He may well get voted off after next week.

megan999
03-11-2012, 13:18
X FACTOR contestant Lucy Spraggan has quit the competition due to illness.

The 21-year-old pulled out this morning saying that she felt it would be unfair on the other contestants to miss two shows in a row and have two free passes through to the next round.

A statement from X Factor bosses said: "Lucy isn't well enough to perform this weekend so she has decided to withdraw from the competition.

"We are all sorry to see her go and wish her all the best for the future. She has been a fantastic contestant."

Lucy said in a statement: "I am gutted not to be able to continue on this journey but I'm not well enough to perform.

"To accept another free pass having missed last weekend would not be fair on the others in the competition. I wish them all well.

"I would like to express my thanks to everyone who has supported me. There is no way that this setback will prevent me from fulfilling my ambition.

"You'll be hearing from me again very soon."

Lucy's mentor on the show Tulisa Contostavlos added: “I’m so sorry to lose Lucy from the competition, I have had a brilliant time working with her and I hope I can continue to mentor her in the future.

"I now count her as a friend as she is an amazing girl.”

Close pal and contestant Rylan Clark tweeted: "Gonna miss u being with me so much @lspraggan I love you x."

Lucy will not be replaced and the show will continue as normal tonight.

Source: The Sun

>>>I will miss her on the show. Hope she gets well soon.

N.Fan
03-11-2012, 15:12
I hope that's not the last we'll hear of Lucy Spraggan,she was a good singer.

megan999
04-11-2012, 13:26
For me, District3 were the weakest last night, but Kye did well. Not a big fan of Christopher. Union J did well.

Brucie
05-11-2012, 11:26
District 13 were rubbish (again), but if 137000 people have bought Robbie Williams dreadful single (which sounds like a bad nursery rhyme) and made it number one, then there must be plenty of suckers out there who'll vote for a very average boy band. Can't believe Tulisa put Rylan through over Kye, but I guess she just wanted to put another nail in Gary Barlow's X Factor coffin. Looks like she's determined to sacrifice her last ounce of musical credibility and be remembered for being a brainless bimbo - thereby joining the dreadful Nicole Scherzinger who's proved to be a fully paid up member of that particular club! The best outcome now would be a Christopher v Rylan final, which would Serve Cowell right and bring an end to the annual farce that this show has become.

Perdita
05-11-2012, 15:57
Next weekend's X Factor will have a Best of British theme, it has been confirmed.

All seven remaining acts - Rylan Clark, Ella Henderson, Jahmene Douglas, James Arthur, District 3, Union J and Christopher Maloney - are expected to cover classic British pop and rock tracks

Meanwhile, the special guests for next weekend's Results Show have been confirmed as last year's winners Little Mix, One Direction and Brit Award winner Ed Sheeran.

Little Mix will perform their latest single 'DNA', while One Direction will be showcasing the Sheeran-penned 'Little Things'.

Kye Sones became the latest act to be voted off The X Factor last night, losing out to Rylan Clark in a sing-off after the judges sent the final vote to Deadlock.

X Factor's ratings tumbled yet again over the weekend, losing out to Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday and Sunday in the long running ratings battle.

The X Factor continues on Saturday (November 10) at 8.05pm on ITV1.

N.Fan
05-11-2012, 16:27
Week:5

Best acts:
Ella Henderson
James Arthur
Jahmene Douglas

Worst acts:
District 3
Rylan Clark

It's getting a bit too rediculous that now they're down to the last seven acts that Rylan is still a contestant,with so many better singers getting sent off each week.

tammyy2j
05-11-2012, 20:15
Jaheme or James to win they are constantly good but I think Ella isnt choosing the best songs lately but will make the final

I am happy Kye is gone found him too self assured and arrogant and up his own **** tbh believed the hype that he was so great the pratty fool

tammyy2j
05-11-2012, 20:15
Lucy will do well with her own songs X Factor gave her a starting off platform

megan999
09-11-2012, 13:25
Aren’t you being a little bit ‘mene, Tulisa?

X FACTOR judge Tulisa had a dig at timid contestant Jahmene Douglas — saying he’s unlikely to make it as a pop star.

Tulisa, whose remaining act is Ella Henderson, was asked if she thought people wouldn’t buy Jahmene’s music even though they voted for him.

She said: “I agree with that. That’s the way the cookie crumbles.”

Speaking on Birmingham's Free Radio Tulisa added: "If he does win, which obviously I hope Ella does, lets hope they do buy his CDs."

You can hear the full interview on the station today from 4pm.
:thumbsdow
Jahmene is great :)

megan999
09-11-2012, 13:32
X Factor ratings are heading in One Direction – down

DESPERATE X FACTOR bosses have drafted in One Direction to stop the ratings rot.

Producers are lining up a series of big-name acts to perform on Saturday nights after conceding the wannabes are no longer enough of a draw.

Chart stars have previously been saved for the Sunday night results.

But with Simon Cowell aghast at the show’s collapse in ratings, producers have been forced into drastic action.

One Direction will appear alongside the contestants tomorrow, with other top acts being lined up for the rest of the series.

Cowell is furious at the slide in Saturday night ratings, with last week’s show pulling in an average of just 7.6million viewers — down by a million viewers on the week before.

By comparison, BBC One rival Strictly pulled in a bumper 10million viewers last week — its biggest lead for more than six years.

An X Factor insider said: “Everyone is worried about the ratings, particularly Simon. Something has to be done.

“Producers have known for some time they’ve had a problem with the main show and have decided to bring in chart-topping acts with a big following to boost ratings.

“If anyone can save the Saturday show, it is One Direction, with their massive following. They are the biggest X Factor act ever and everyone hopes they will bring some of their fans with them.

“Simon always wants his shows to be number one and this is no different.

“He’ll do everything it takes to put The X Factor back on top.”

>>>>>>>>>>IMO the show has run it's natural course, and it's time to end it.

megan999
09-11-2012, 13:46
Experts predict District 3 will get axed this weekend and reckon Jahmene could beat Ella in X Factor final
9 Nov 2012 11:15

District 3 and Rylan are favourites to get voted off the X Factor this weekend while Jahmene will battle Ella for winners crown
Good news for X Factor hopeful Jahmene Douglas - the giggling singer is nearly joint-favourite with Ella Henderson to win the show.

Since the former Asda employee has overcome his nerves on the live shows, betting types reckon he's going to go all the way with Ella (not like THAT).

They're predicting bad times for District 3, though. Betfair told us the latest odds that we didn't really understand (who uses fractions anymore, anyway?) and explained that the boyband are going to struggle to survive another week.

District 3 didn't give their best performance last weekend with their cover of Taio Cruz's hit single Dynamite.

And here are the important facts and figures you probably haven't really been waiting for...
To win the X Factor 2012

11-8 Ella Henderson,

2-1 Jahmene Douglas,

6-1 James Arthur,

15-1 Christopher Maloney,

31-1 Union J,

99-1 District3,

179-1 Rylan Clark

Week Six elimination

13-8 District3,

9-4 Rylan Clark,

11-2 Christopher Maloney,

6-1 Union J,

24-1 James Arthur,

90-1 Jahmene Douglas,

110-1 Ella Henderson

source: The Mirror

N.Fan
09-11-2012, 15:29
I was surprised to see that One Direction is the biggest X Factor act ever,I thought it would have been JLS.

tammyy2j
09-11-2012, 16:22
I was surprised to see that One Direction is the biggest X Factor act ever,I thought it would have been JLS.

One Direction have really done well in America and worldwide compared to any acts

tammyy2j
09-11-2012, 16:22
One Direction's performance on X Factor this week was prerecorded a few weeks back

megan999
11-11-2012, 10:31
IMO the best performances were from Jahmene and Ella. The two acts who should be in the sing-off tonight in my opinion, should be Christopher and Rylan. I have to admit, I have gone off Rylan now, it is not purely entertainment value now, he just can't sing as well as the others. :(

Perdita
11-11-2012, 10:34
I don't even find Rylan entertaining :nono:

lizann
11-11-2012, 21:46
District 3 were better than Union J they sang better too Louie should have saved District 3 if he voted last and taken it to deadlock

James and Jaheme to win

lizann
11-11-2012, 21:46
I thought for sure Rylan would be gone this week

N.Fan
12-11-2012, 14:45
I was definately expecting Rylan to be at least in the bottom two,it is getting beyond a joke that he's still in the competition.I thought Louie was right not to vote and it went to deadlock,the best boy band won the veiwers vote.

Ella or James to win.

megan999
13-11-2012, 10:03
No-show warning for Chris Maloney

FURIOUS X Factor bosses read Christopher Maloney the riot act yesterday for throwing the show into chaos by missing rehearsals.

Mentor Gary Barlow was livid after Chris was an hour late for rehearsals of U2’s Beautiful Day with the other contestants, forcing producers to go ahead without him.

He was hauled in front of bosses to be given a FOURTH warning about his time-keeping.

A source said: “Chris is one of the most disliked contestants backstage because of the way he treats the production crew and other performers. Nobody has a good word to say for him.”

N.Fan
13-11-2012, 15:27
It sounds like Chris Maloney isn't taking the competition as seriuos as the other contestants,but I can't see them booting him off just for that reason.

RobDav
14-11-2012, 14:30
i agree with you N.Fan.
i got the same impression that he is not taking the competition serious.

RobDav
14-11-2012, 14:30
i agree with you N.Fan.
i got the same impression that he is not taking the competition serious.

tammyy2j
14-11-2012, 18:08
This year's X Factor winner's single will not directly participate in the race for Christmas number one.

The final for this year's show is expected to fall on December 9, with the winner's single to be released hours after the champion is declared at Manchester Arena.

The winner will therefore release their debut single two weeks before the Christmas number one is announced, meaning it has been withdrawn from the direct race, reports BBC Newsbeat.

Last year's winner Little Mix also avoided the festive chart race as Christmas day fell on a Sunday and the final of The X Factor was scheduled two weeks prior.

They reached number one with 'Cannonball' on December 18, but were beaten to the top spot by the Military Wives on December 25.

"Last year, it meant that Little Mix's debut single 'Cannonball' had its strongest week before the battle for festive number one was underway - letting in the Military Wives with 'Wherever You Are'," said Martin Talbot, managing director of The Official Charts Company.

"But with rumours that the X Factor finalists' single is also due to be a charity single, that could help it sustain through a second week and right into Christmas - if they get the song and the charitable cause right."

megan999
17-11-2012, 13:37
I'm not singing about that! Jahmene Douglas sends X Factor into chaos as he refuses to perform song about 'boozing'

Given his troubled past, it's not suprising that Jahmene Douglas would rather not perform songs on X Factor that are about drinking alcohol.

But according to reports, it led to chaos behind the scenes at X Factor as bosses are trying to plan this week's show.

The teetotal singer was set to join other contestants in performing Katy Perry's Last Friday Night in the upcoming Sunday night group, but point blank refused to take part because the song's lyrics glorify drinking.

According to The Sun, an insider of the popular talent show said it forced bosses to look for an alternative song.

'Bosses are desperately trying to find a new song for this weekend’s group ensemble after Jahmene’s refusal,' one insider told the newspaper.

'The six remaining acts were supposed to perform Last Friday Night but Jahmene has said no. The song is about partying and drinking and Jahmene is teetotal.'

Luckily for popular contestant, the producers of the show have been understanding and are now working hard to find a replacement group song for Sunday's results show.

The source added: 'He has made it clear from the start that he won’t sing songs about drinking and when he heard this track he was adamant he wouldn’t perform it.'

'Bosses have respected his wishes and it’s all hands on deck to get a new song ready in time for Sunday.'

Katy Perry's hit song is about partying and boozing, and features lyrics: 'I smell like a minibar. DJ’s passed out in the yard,' and 'We got kicked out of the bar.'

Jahmene opened up about his troubled past in interviews last week, where he revealed how he grew up with an abusive father.

The 21-year-old from Swindon now tries to stay out of trouble and doesn't drink or party with the other contestants.

The source said: 'When all the contestants went out for Rylan Clark’s birthday party he really didn’t like it. Even at judges’ houses, when he was given a glass of champagne to hold, he refused to even have it in his hand.'

Source: The Daily Mail

>>>>>I respect Jahmene for standing up for his beliefs :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
18-11-2012, 00:09
How on earth did Rylan even get passed the first audition? His singing is worse that Jedward's was. James to win I adore him. Ella 2nd

megan999
18-11-2012, 11:38
IMO Ella was the best last night, then Jahmene then James. Rylan and Christopher in the sing-off. It's true that Rylan can't sing, but his singing has improved a bit.

tammyy2j
18-11-2012, 17:31
I didnt enjoy Ella this week I hated what she did with the Grease song and fear she could be in the bottom 2 as she is losing votes if rumours are true

Perdita
18-11-2012, 21:13
Ellen Henderson has left The X Factor.

Henderson became the latest act to be eliminated from the ITV show after falling into the bottom two with James Arthur.

The result of the viewers' vote was met with shock and disapproval from the studio audience and with huge surprise from the judges.

Both acts returned to the stage to perform in the sing-off against one another. Henderson performed a rendition of Daniel Bedingfield's 'If You're Not The One' before Arthur sung 'Fallin' by Alicia Keys.

Host Dermot O'Leary then turned to the judges for their votes. Henderson's mentor Tulisa expressed her anger at the "ridiculous" result, saying that viewers were voting for the "wrong people". She then chose to send home Arthur. Nicole Scherzinger, Arthur's mentor, chose to send home Henderson.

Louis Walsh commented on the fact that both acts had so much potential in the competition, before choosing to send home James Arthur. Gary Barlow chose to send home Henderson and took the decision to Deadlock.

It was then revealed that the 16-year-old had polled the fewest amount of votes from the public.

lizann
18-11-2012, 21:54
i feel sorry for christopher now he must be thick skined to stay on the show

shocked ella and james in the bottom two but will have good careers after the show no doubt

lizann
18-11-2012, 21:54
jaheme and christoper are the only two never in the bottom so most likely one of them will win

Caspiant
20-11-2012, 16:04
The way people have been voting I wouldn't be surprised if Rylan made it to the final.:thumbsdow

alan45
20-11-2012, 16:24
The way people have been voting I wouldn't be surprised if Rylan made it to the final.:thumbsdow

You are B A N N E D N Fan

alan45
20-11-2012, 16:24

You are B A N N E D N Fan

megan999
21-11-2012, 15:20
CHRISTOPHER Maloney has received death threats on Twitter from angry X Factor fans.

The Liverpudlian was booed on Sunday’s show as his name was called out to go through to next week’s rounds.

And since hot favourite Ella Henderson was given the boot, Christopher has received a torrent of abuse on Twitter.

One tweet said: “I hope you get stabbed while you sleep.” Another read: “I’ll hunt Maloney down and kill him.”

X Factor bosses have asked Twitter to investigate the threats.

The pressure comes after Christopher was branded a fake and a diva by insiders on the show, who claim he’s been turning up late to rehearsals and crying on cue for the cameras.

But the singer, who keeps getting voted through by the public, told Heat magazine: “People trying to bring me down and maybe force me to quit – it’s not going to happen.”

He also hit back at claims he’s been voting for himself, saying he doesn’t earn enough money on the show to pay his bills.

Caspiant
21-11-2012, 15:28
That is rediculous that Chris has been getting death threats,what is wrong with these people.

alan45
21-11-2012, 18:11
That is rediculous that Chris has been getting death threats,what is wrong with these people.

Caspiant IS N Fan and IS BANNED

alan45
21-11-2012, 18:11

Caspiant IS N Fan and IS BANNED

Perdita
23-11-2012, 12:00
Simon Cowell is reportedly planning to reveal the weekly voting results on The X Factor.

The show's executive producer is said to be looking into bringing in a new feature which has been used on the US version of the programme, in which the weekly phone votes are revealed to the viewers and the acts.

Usually, these results are not revealed to the public until the end of the series. The move would allow viewers to see which acts are most popular, and which are closest to being voted out of the competition.

Digital Spy has previously debated whether the move would be a good idea. It would in theory avoid popular acts being eliminated early due to viewers not voting out of the presumption that they are safe.

"If the viewers knew popular acts like Ella and James Arthur were pulling in low numbers of votes, it would encourage them to pick up the phone," an insider told The Sun.

"Revealing the voting numbers each week has really brought a new dynamic to the US show. Simon is looking to introduce it in the UK next year as part of a major shake-up."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a440299/x-factor-simon-cowell-planning-to-reveal-weekly-voting-results.html#ixzz2D2vrgtBd

Brucie
23-11-2012, 13:14
Since the X Factor is a staged set-up from start to finish, I can't see this changing anything. People have stopped watching and voting because the programme has become more about the judges than the acts, and has to have a "joke" act each year. It needs scrapping and reverting to a Pop Idol/ American Idol format where the judges aren't competing against each other. If the public chose the live finalists then people like Rylan, Wagner, Chico, Jedward etc would never get near to the live shows and we might have a singing competition again. Judges with brains and minds of their own would also be an improvement! Tulisa spends weeks keeping Rylan in and telling everyone he's the most entertaining act on the show (complete b*llocks of course) and is then surprised when more people vote for him than proper singers. Another improvement would be to exclude anyone below the age of 18, because they should be at school or college learning something that may help them when their future pop career goes tits up! Hopefully Rylan or Christopher will now win, and Cowell et al will have got what they deserved, with zero chance of an X Factor Christmas Number One - which would be a nice Christmas blessing for the rest of us!

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2012, 02:13
Brucie some of you comments I agree with and some I don't. I disagree that contestants should be over the age of 18 before they can enter. If that was the rule then we wouldn't have witnessed the wonderful talent of Ella Henderson. I still agree with judges should act as mentors but novelty acts like Rylan, Wagner and Jedward should be a no-no from the first audition. My opinion is that the one and only true contestant who deserves to win this year is James Arthur. To give reasons I would be hear all night but basically he is worlds apart from all the other acts. I know Nicole and Tulisa are rooting for Jahmeen but to me he's not that great. He should have been booted at boot camp. I know he has had a crap up-bringing but so has James and you don't see him playing the same old sad song every VT on a Saturday night. He lets his emotions shine in his performance. As for Christopher. The judges need to give him a break. Is he the best singer in the competition? NO!! but he won the public vote. Christopher's biggest fault is that every song he sings, he performs it as if he's down the local on the karaoke on a Saturday night. He can't take a song and make it a Christopher Maloney song like James and Ella could. But in reality he deserves his place more than Rylan because he can sing Rylan can't and this is a singing competition. Not a "Get me on TV and let me be famous competition" If anyone else apart from James wins then they are doomed because they don't have the passion or ability to succeeded beyond the X-factor bubble.

megan999
25-11-2012, 12:51
For me, the best singer on the ABBA section was James, and the best singer on the Motown section was Jahmene.

lizann
25-11-2012, 22:17
james was hands down the best last night on both songs

shame rylan left he was very gracious leaving thanking everyone and nicole he has a bright future on reality tv :p

lizann
25-11-2012, 22:17
jamie was union j has a brillant voice would be better on his own

Brucie
26-11-2012, 11:56
Good post Chloe! James is the best, and I agree that Jahmeen is not great - he peaked at the first audition and has crucified song after song since. Judges shouldn't be the focus of the competition, in my view, especially when they are as poor as most of the current motley crew. As for under-18 year olds, I think people as good as Ella will always rise to fame, but we need to stop so many deluded young people (and their even more deluded families) thinking that tv fame is a more certain route to financial security than a decent education. Britain's Got Talent is even worse than X Factor on this count - precocious pre-pubescents and their pushy mothers should be banned from our tv screens forever!

megan999
26-11-2012, 13:00
FLAMBOYANT Rylan Clark’s risqué outfit got him in trouble on Saturday’s X Factor – after a move split his skin-tight trousers.

The camp singer, voted off the show last night, was left red-faced as host Dermot O’Leary pulled up Rylan’s leg to show off his wacky trainers – only for his yellow bottoms to tear at the crotch.

The Essex wannabe had just performed a Motown medley and received the judges’ comments when the embarrassing episode unfolded. He was forced to cover his crotch with his hand as he sheepishly walked off stage.

Meanwhile, Rylan tweeted yesterday that he’d been struck down by a bug. He complained: “Got a chest infection :-( not good but still going!”

>>> sad Rylan leaving. But hope that a really talented singer will win now, either James or Jahmene. Go Team Nicole!!!:thumbsup:

Lomax
28-11-2012, 15:41
I would like to see James,Jahmene and Union J in the final three.

megan999
30-11-2012, 15:54
AXED X FACTOR star Rylan Clark is heading back to our screens after bagging a presenting stint on ITV1’s Daybreak.

The singer, who split public opinion with his quirky performances before being voted off on Sunday, will be filling in for Richard Arnold.

Rylan said: “I can’t believe it. I only left X Factor a week ago and now I am joining Lorraine and Aled on the Daybreak sofa.

“I’m a massive fan of the show and it’s going to be so much fun sharing all the showbiz news and gossip with the nation each morning.

“I’m looking forward to keeping Richard’s seat warm while he’s swanning off on holiday, but I won’t be asking for any dancing tips just yet.”

Richard, who was voted out of Strictly a fortnight ago, said: “The wonderful thing about this hurly burly business we call show is that you know one day you’ll be replaced by someone younger, thinner and, in this case, much taller than you.

“I wish Rylan all the best in his new role at Daybreak.”

TV Biz told this week how Rylan is set to be one of the most popular X Factor contestants after being inundated with work offers.

Celebrity Big Brother bosses want him for next year’s show while producers for the live instalment of Towie on Monday night are keen for him to make a cameo appearance.

Derren Litten, the creator of Benidorm, is also a big fan and wants him to appear in the next series of the hit comedy.

Chloe O'brien
01-12-2012, 00:34
The world has gone completely bonkers. how can someone with more fake tan that Kat Moon who six months ago, the country had never heard off suddenly be given a job on national TV? What is going on? We turn on the news or open a newspaper to see that the country is focused on getting young people age 16-24 back into education or into work, yet they are encouraging individuals with clearly no academic qualifications, ambitions or common sense by giving them a job. Whatever happened to hard work and determination. It's no wonder that young people don't have the motivation to get out of their lazy pitts in the morning to go and do something with their lives when they see the likes of Rylan being handed everything to him on a plate, and all he had to do was change his name and turn on the water works.

megan999
02-12-2012, 11:11
Christopher murdered Michael Buble's song last night!!! Enjoyed James' performance of The Power of Love the most. But prefer Gabrielle Aplin's version on the John Lewis advert.....

megan999
03-12-2012, 10:13
If Christopher wins, he'll end up like Steve Brookstein and Leon Jackson.:thumbsdow
Well done to Nicole for getting this far with 2 acts :bow:
I still want Jahmene to be crowned the winner :D

megan999
03-12-2012, 10:17
X FACTOR star Lucy Spraggan could be selling her album BEFORE this year’s show winner, she has revealed.

The singer — who quit the contest after falling ill — told TV Biz she was already working on an album and plans to release it in the next THREE MONTHS.

And the songwriter, whose track Tea And Toast has already won her legions of fans, said she will use her time on the show as inspiration for the disc.

She said: “The plan is to write an album and have it released by spring, around March time.

“I’ve already got about 200 songs written up and ready to go, although obviously not all of those will make it. I haven’t written about X Factor yet but I always write about my experiences, so I’m sure that I will.”

The X Factor champion’s album is usually not released until a YEAR after they win the competition.

Lucy will perform at the X Factor final at the weekend and said songs she sang on the show would make it on to her album. She added: “I haven’t got a record deal yet but hopefully I will in the next few months.”

She was speaking at London’s Emeralds & Ivy charity ball, where she arrived with X Factor pals Rylan Clark and Jade Ellis.

And she was backed by Ronan Keating, who described Lucy as the “next Kate Nash” and said: “I’m a huge fan.”

lizann
04-12-2012, 16:58
so james and jahmene duets with mentor nicole and christopher with mentor gary so long are the days of beyonce and rihanna duets

megan999
06-12-2012, 15:45
Nicole: I’ll quit X Factor
Judge's new pop bid

NICOLE Scherzinger has dealt X Factor bosses a hammer blow — by threatening to quit the show and reboot her own pop career.

The former Pussycat Doll, 34, said that getting two of her acts — James Arthur and Jahmene Douglas — into the final would be the perfect exit strategy.

She said: “I’m really glad I did the show. I don’t know if I’ll come back next year. End on a high, right?”

Nicole has emerged as the most popular judge on this year’s panel and her departure would be another nail in the coffin of the ailing ITV1 show.

However, Nicole, who has a new album in the pipeline, is keen to go back on tour.

She said: “This year has changed my life. As an artist, it’s put into perspective what I want, how to go about it.

“People have made me so comfortable and I have to thank you.”

But she joked ITV may be able to change her mind. Asked if she was holding out for a big pay rise, she laughed: “That’s what I’m talking about!”

Yesterday she sang with Jahmene at the Christian’s local church in Swindon, Wilts.

Jahmene’s emotional rendition of Whitney Houston’s I Look To You moved his mentor to tears on Saturday night.

He broke down singing it at his brother Daniel’s funeral in 2008.

Jahmene explained: “The lyrics are, ‘As I lay me down, heaven hear me now, I’m lost without a cause, after giving it my all,’ and I just thought, ‘That is what my brother would say’. I felt like that was him on the arms of the angels just going up.”

Saturday’s final will see Kylie, Kelly Clarkson and Rita Ora perform while Rihanna, One Direction and Emeli Sande appear on Sunday.

>>>:thumbsup:Good Luck Jahmene!!!:cheer:

lizann
06-12-2012, 19:46
i like nicole even if she dont make sense with her some of comments

megan999
07-12-2012, 17:12
THE X Factor bosses must be starving finalist Jahmene Douglas — because the singer says the first thing he will do if he wins the competition is EAT.

Asked what he would do if he was crowned this year’s X Factor champ on Sunday night, the 22-year-old declared: "Eat, eat and eat and get a little bit of sleep."

Shy Jahmene is up against James Arthur and Christopher Maloney in this weekend's final, being held for the first time in Manchester.

Both Jahmene and James will get to perform with their mentor Nicole Scherzinger on Saturday night’s show.

And Pussycat Doll Nicole, 34, says she's finding the prospect "quite intimidating".

She said: “Having worked with the boys a little bit this week, it’s quite intimidating.

“I thought they were fricking amazing, I mean I’ve been doing this for quite some time, but they were just brilliant, they make it look so easy.

"But it's a real honour to be able to [sing with them]."

One of the final three contestants will be booted off the show on Saturday, leaving the last two to battle it out on Sunday night.

JAHMENE Douglas says rival X Factor contestant James Arthur has been an “inspiration” to him and he will definitely be buying his album.

Asked how the boys are feeling about going head-to-head in this weekend’s final, Jahmene revealed that there’s no rivalry between them.

He told The Sun: “It’s just nice to be on the same set to be honest, because he’s an inspiration, his music is just incredible and I’ll be buying his album.”

James, however, joked: “I’m ready to rip his head off.”

But the 24-year-old quickly added: “No, I’ll be following him around after this, he’s just that cute.”

Jahmene and James will both sing with their mentor Nicole Scherzinger on Saturday night’s show.

But Jahmene says the former Pussycat Doll wasn’t his first choice of singing partner.

The 22-year-old former supermarket worker said he had asked to work with her F1 star boyfriend Lewis Hamilton instead.

He said: “I asked for Lewis, but I got Nicole.”

megan999
08-12-2012, 13:24
X Factor finalist Christopher Maloney is hoping a song by his mentor Gary Barlow could help him cruise to victory.

The former ship's crooner will team up with judge Gary to perform his Take That chart-topper Rule The World during the duets section of tonight's final.

Christopher has proved popular with viewers despite bookies ranking him the outsider to win the final and failing to gain the backing of the other contestants who made it through to the live stages of the show.

He is up against fellow finalists James Arthur and Jahmene Douglas.

The star-studded two-part finale, being staged in Manchester tonight and tomorrow, will see the trio trying to impress judges and viewers with a range of songs in the hope of winning the title.

The other finalists will perform their duets with mentor Nicole Scherzinger, with James performing Adele's Make You Feel My Love and Jahmene singing Whitney Houston hit The Greatest Love Of All.

The songs which the finalists will release as their winning single are a closely-guarded secret but they have each recorded different tracks to suit their styles. The song will be released just moments after the winner is crowned tomorrow night.

Lucy Spraggan, who had to quit the show due to illness, will return to the programme along with the other ousted live finalists to perform a group song. She has tipped Jahmene to win, and said: "He is one of the most beautiful and caring people I have ever met."

However District 3 are backing James, calling him "a true talent and an amazing artist".

Tonight's show will see star guests such as Kylie Minogue, Kelly Clarkson and Rita Ora taking to the stage, while tomorrow Rihanna, One Direction and Emeli Sande will be performing as excitement mounts before the winner is named.

source: MSN

>>>>>Please let it be James and Jahmene in the final two!!!:angel:

lizann
08-12-2012, 18:41
terrible duet choice of songs

megan999
10-12-2012, 14:34
Sad that Jahmene lost, but Congratulations to James. I'm sure he'll do very well :thumbsup:

Brucie
10-12-2012, 15:13
The sad thing about this worst ever series of x factor is that Rylan will probably earn more money than any of the singers, when he should never have got through to judges houses - let alone the live shows. One of the best auditonees ever - Joseph Whelan - never made it to judges houses, and they ended up with THE worst finalist ever - Christopher Baloney. No wonder viewers (including me) deserted in their millions - it's time to end this annual farce, or have a PROPER singing contest without mentors.

tammyy2j
10-12-2012, 15:51
I liked Jahmeme's version of Let It Be and wanted him to win

I think Simon will ruin James Arthur which is a shame

tammyy2j
10-12-2012, 15:51
I liked Jahmeme's version of Let It Be and wanted him to win

I think Simon will ruin James Arthur which is a shame

lizann
11-12-2012, 23:41
i dont like james arthur's winning song

megan999
12-12-2012, 13:50
i dont like james arthur's winning song
The original version by Shontelle is much better, IMO.
He should have released "Let's get it on" :D

megan999
12-12-2012, 14:20
In The Sun, they say that the X Factor contestants want Kye to replace Christopher on the X Factor Tour.
Simon Cowell is interested in giving record contracts to Jahmene, Ella, and Union J.
However, he might still give Christopher a record contract - of him singing cover versions, which might sell well on Mother's Day :searchme:

Chloe O'brien
13-12-2012, 11:08
Christopher is going to be dumped. There is o way he will get a record deal after his behavouir over the weekend. He'll be another Frankie turning up to an opening of a bag of crisps just to get his face in the papers.

tammyy2j
13-12-2012, 19:45
Chris is back on the tour now

megan999
15-12-2012, 13:18
It Asda be you - X Factor runner-up Jahmene Douglas has landed his first job since losing out to James Arthur in the talent search show and is back at his old employer.

The former shelfstacker has recorded a version of Silent Night for a special online advert for the supermarket chain.

He said he recorded the track as a "way of saying thank-you" to everyone who voted for him throughout the show.

The singer said: "It was an amazing feeling to record my first song in the studio that wasn't for the show. I feel blessed to have had this opportunity and can't wait to see what the future holds."

He will be among the acts taking part in the X Factor tour along with James and fellow finalist Christopher Maloney.

Jahmene is rumoured to be signing a deal with show supremo Simon Cowell who wants to launch his career in the United States.

source: MSN TV