• Charity is gutted when Jai thinks they must split up to stop Cain
• Amy worries that Val and Pollard have given up on her
• Zak tries to convince Cain to visit his baby

6100 Thursday 8 December 2011 7:00pm – 7:30pm

• Charity’s desperate to win Jai back
• Cain ruffles feathers in the village after his arrest
• Jai hopes the police will deal with Cain

6101 Thursday 8 December 2011 8:00pm – 8.30pm

• Judgement day arrives for Cain but who is responsible for his attack?
• Pollard is determined that Amy makes her own decision
• Hazel reaches out to Declan

6102 Friday 9 December 2011 7:00pm – 7.30pm

• Debbie is devastated as Cain fights for his life
• Charity and Jai are suspicious of each other
• Holly lies to protect John

tammyy2j
15-11-2011, 14:19
I knew Cain would be attacked he made some many more enemies

Serena Williams
15-11-2011, 22:08
Does anyone think John hurt Cain? The spoiler says that Holly lied for him! Would John actually physically harm Cain because he had an affair with Moira.

tammyy2j
16-11-2011, 14:31
Does anyone think John hurt Cain? The spoiler says that Holly lied for him! Would John actually physically harm Cain because he had an affair with Moira.

John hasnt done anything to Cain so far but I guess once the affair gets out in the village he might

alan45
17-11-2011, 01:12
6101 Thursday 8 December 2011 8:00pm – 8.30pm

• Judgement day arrives for Cain but who is responsible for his attack?

6102 Friday 9 December 2011 7:00pm – 7.30pm

• Debbie is devastated as Cain fights for his life

Emmerdale bosses have officially announced a major new storyline which will see bad boy Cain Dingle left fighting for his life after being targeted by a mystery attacker.

The show's villain will finally get his comeuppance next month as one of his enemies decides to take the ultimate revenge, carrying out a brutal attack and leaving him for dead.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/46/618w_emmerdale_cain_dingle.jpg
© ITV

As Cain (Jeff Hordley) has upset so many people in the village, viewers will be left to wonder who has decided to settle their score once and for all.

http://i1.cdnds.net/10/48/soaps_emmerdale_james_thornton_03.jpg© ITV http://i1.cdnds.net/10/46/soaps_emmerdale_moira_barton.jpg© ITV

John and Moira Barton - played by James Thornton and Natalie J Robb - will be among the suspects after Cain recently tore their marriage apart. After embarking on a steamy affair with Moira, it didn't take long for Cain to fill John in over his wife's betrayal.

http://i1.cdnds.net/10/06/soaps_emmerdale_emma_atkins_0.jpg© ITV http://i2.cdnds.net/11/39/soaps_emmerdale_chris_bisson_jai_sharma_2.jpg© ITV

Meanwhile, Cain has also pushed ex-partner Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) and her new fiancé Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson) to the edge by launching a jealous campaign of terror against them.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/33/soaps_emmerdale_amy_wyatt_2.jpg© ITV http://i1.cdnds.net/10/18/emmerdale_zakdingle.jpg© ITV

Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny) is another villager who has faced Cain's wrath after their one-night stand led to her getting pregnant. As her due date looms, Amy's hatred of Cain grows and she could be pushed to drastic measures.

Elsewhere, Cain's own father Zak (Steve Halliwell) has grown furious over his lack of respect as they have both fought to be the top dog in the Dingle family - meaning that Zak could also take matters into his own hands.

An Emmerdale statement teased: "With six sworn enemies all pushed to the limit after months of manipulation and destruction, who will take the ultimate revenge on Cain as one final showdown results in him being left for dead after a brutal attack in December?"

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "The climax of Cain's story will be one of our most dramatic episodes this year, with viewers left to decide which of Cain's enemies has finally taken matters into their own hands."

samandkai
17-11-2011, 10:24
when does amy actually have her baby then? and does val only find out afterwards?

tammyy2j
17-11-2011, 16:20
Cain didnt force Moira to have an affair

Serena Williams
22-11-2011, 20:02
Cain didnt force Moira to have an affair

Yes it is true Cain didn't force Moira to have the affair but he gained pleasure by hurting John by telling him about it. Why couldn't Cain keep his big mouth shut?

lizann
22-11-2011, 20:15
Just what Debbie and Sarah need now Cain fighting for his life

tammyy2j
24-11-2011, 15:04
Yes it is true Cain didn't force Moira to have the affair but he gained pleasure by hurting John by telling him about it. Why couldn't Cain keep his big mouth shut?

Why didnt Moira keep her legs closed to Cain then John wouldnt be hurt

Perdita
25-11-2011, 17:31
Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has praised the soap's upcoming Cain Dingle whodunit, hailing it as his best storyline yet.

Show bosses recently announced that Cain will be brutally attacked and left for dead next month when one of his many enemies decides to take the ultimate revenge.

John and Moira Barton, Charity Tate, Jai Sharma, Amy Wyatt and Zak Dingle have been named as the main six characters who will be suspects in the case.

Hordley told All About Soap of the storyline: "This is the whole reason I want to be in Emmerdale. I've had some great stories in the past, but this feels like the biggest and most special yet. I just hope that Cain survives."

The actor continued: "He's burnt all his bridges with his loved ones. Debbie's found out that he's the father of Amy's baby, and she's so disgusted with him that she throws him out of the house. There's no shortage of villagers who are baying for Cain's blood."

Hordley also revealed that Cain may show some remorse over his treatment of Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) in the build-up to his attack. The troubled teen gives birth to Cain's baby boy in next week's episodes.

"I think that [when] Amy has given birth, we'll start to see a flicker of regret from Cain over his baby boy," he said. "Maybe he really does have a heart after all!"

Perdita
27-11-2011, 06:33
Coming up in Emmerdale, hatred of Cain Dingle grows in the village in the build-up to the whodunnit storyline which will see him brutally attacked and left for dead.

When Debbie discovers that Cain (Jeff Hordley) is the father of Amy's baby, she is appalled by his behaviour and kicks him out. Licking his wounds when Debbie finally manages to get rid of him, Cain heads to the pub looking for a place to stay - remarking that Moira is usually happy to share her bed.

Furious over Cain's antics, John follows him out of the pub, where the village's bad boy continues to taunt him by making derogatory comments about sleeping with Moira (Natalie J Robb).

John (James Thornton) is soon unable to keep a lid on his temper for any longer and punches Cain in the face. Moira pulls a fuming John back, but could the farmer be tempted to take the ultimate revenge? Or will another villager be responsible for the brutal attack on Cain?

These scenes air on Thursday, December 8 at 8pm on ITV1.

xcarlyx
27-11-2011, 19:13
Take it the whodunnit storyline is gonna be emmerdales' christmas storyline

Perdita
27-11-2011, 19:22
Take it the whodunnit storyline is gonna be emmerdales' christmas storyline

yes, I think so

xcarlyx
27-11-2011, 19:23
yes, I think so

Hmm, does he actually die then?

Perdita
27-11-2011, 19:37

I doubt it, not seen any spoilers of the actor leaving but then that could still happen

xcarlyx
28-11-2011, 19:21
I doubt it, not seen any spoilers of the actor leaving but then that could still happen

True.

alan45
29-11-2011, 00:14
Monday

Val and Pollard are keen to make things right with Amy, while the police want to interview her as soon as she is well enough. The doctor declares that Amy is fine to go home, but her baby boy will be kept in hospital for a few weeks. Val, Pollard and Amy visit the baby, but Val and Pollard are stunned when Amy says that she's not keeping him. Once at home, Val is troubled over Amy's plans and is determined to make her change her mind, but Pollard's not so sure Amy will.

Soon afterwards, Amy is horrified to discover that Zak knows Cain is the father. Zak reassures Amy that he won't let Cain hurt her, but Amy insists she will be having the baby adopted. Amy realises she will have to come clean about Cain to Val and Pollard, and she's surprised when they admit they are there for her and the baby no matter what.

Meanwhile, Sam and Marlon discuss the baby that Hazel found, and Marlon is gobsmacked when Sam reveals that it's Cain's baby. Belle tells Cain that Zak and Lisa know he's the father and Cain intimidates her by telling her she's just a stupid kid. Zak controls his anger with Cain but is devastated by what he's done.

Elsewhere, Marlon gives Moira a key for the house, while Alex is concerned when Adam says that Cain needs to be taught a lesson.

Tuesday

Cain menacingly threatens Amy, making it clear that he will tell Debbie in his own time and he doesn't want her hearing about it from anyone else. Val and Pollard are furious to see Cain confronting Amy and step in to help. Just as Lisa and Zak are about to leave for the hospital, they see Debbie. Realising Debbie doesn't yet know, Lisa and Zak explain about Cain being the father. Debbie is horrified, and she's soon shocked further when Charity explains what Cain has been doing to the Sharmas.

Later, when Cain comes home, Debbie confronts him - asking when he was going to tell her. She warns him that she's had enough and wants him out. Cameron returns and Debbie is forced to step in to stop Cain going for Cameron. When Cain refuses to move out, Debbie and Cameron leave the house, making it clear to Cain that it's over - they are finished as a family.

Meanwhile, no-one else in the village has a good word to say about Cain. John is furious to hear that Cain has upset Hannah and threatens that if he ever speaks to his kids again, he will do his worst. When Moira hears that Cain has upset Hannah, she too is filled with hate. Even Eric Pollard is furious with Cain for what he has put Amy through, wanting to make him pay.

Elsewhere, Val is determined to convince Amy to keep the baby, while Hazel offers reassuring words to Amy about the baby.

Wednesday

Debbie and Cameron are exasperated as Cain is still sitting tight at Tug Ghyll. Later, in the village, Cain questions Charity over what she said to Debbie, but Charity can't believe that Cain couldn't see Debbie's reaction coming. Debbie and Lisa are wary when Zak heads off to find Cain to speak to him about seeing the baby. When Zak brings up Charity, Cain lashes out in rage - throwing a spanner at Zak.

At the same time, unable to take any more, Jai splits with Charity - believing it's the only solution to end the troubles with Cain, while Priya marches into the pub and confronts Cain for lying to her. Soon afterwards, things get heated when Rishi confronts Cain outside the pub and Georgia has to intervene. Both Georgia and Rishi are left scared and angry when Cain threatens them. When Jai hears Cain has threatened his parents again, he calls the police.

Later, Zak and Lisa are at the end of their tether when Charity turns up with her suitcases - she's moving in with Noah. Cain soon approaches Charity outside and tells her that he loves her, leaving Charity feeling sickened.

Elsewhere, Val, Pollard and Amy unite as they promise a future with no secrets; Moira and Hannah are thrown by the news of Cain's baby; while Chas suggests that Cameron should front up to Cain when he complains about him in the pub.

Thursday

Cain is arrested for threatening the Sharmas and is led to a police car. Debbie can't believe his blasé attitude when he waves at Sarah as they drive off. PC Stewart arrives at the Dingles' wanting to talk to Lisa, and the family are shocked when Zak volunteers to co-operate with the police. However, Cain soon arrives back in the village as the police had no evidence. Debbie is incredulous at his high spirits and is angered it has caused Charity to lose her home.

Later, Zak pleads to Cain, ashamed to be part of the same family, but Cain mocks him and shrugs it off. John is fuming when Cain enters the pub, but when Cain tries to buy a drink, everybody threatens to leave if Chas serves him. Chas is apologetic but refuses Cain a drink, saying democracy rules. Cain eyeballs each customer, insulting them one by one.

Meanwhile, Jai fumes when he learns that the police have released Cain. Charity enters the factory full of purpose and tells Jai that splitting up over Cain is stupid. She begs Jai not to let Cain ruin what they had. Jai is intrigued by her threat to do whatever it takes to stop Cain as she reminds him how much she loves him.

Elsewhere, Amy's bond with Victoria returns but she's devastated when Belle refuses to forgive her, while Hazel visits Declan and offers her support.

Friday

Debbie packs Cain's bag and insists he moves out. Cain storms off to the pub, where he starts making derogatory comments about Moira. Outside, John hits him in the face. Moira pulls John back as he tries to kick Cain on the floor, but Cain reacts and knees John to the ground before pushing Moira down when she flies at him.

Later, Cain confronts Amy on the street and becomes abusive and intimidating, telling her that she belongs in the gutter. Amy is incensed. Soon afterwards, Pearl spots Jai suspiciously hanging around at the garage in the darkness but he covers, pretending he is looking for a new car.

On the outskirts of the village, Cain hears footsteps behind him and stops but before he turns, he is struck hard on the back of his legs with a metal object and falls to the ground. Through his pain, he clearly recognises his attacker. Badly beaten, Cain tries to get up but collapses.

Adam goes looking for John and sees him walking down the road alone. He insists he gets in the car and sees blood on John's hand. At the same time, Moira is in a terrible state as she returns back to Marlon's, getting herself a stiff drink before heading upstairs to avoid Marlon's questioning. Over at the pub, Charity is jittery and agitated as she enters, demanding a whisky from Chas.

Soon afterwards, Cameron is driving when he spots Jai standing over Cain's lifeless body at the side of the road. Clearly shaken, Jai claims he found Cain in this state. Fearing Cain is dead, Cameron calls an ambulance and is shocked as Jai quickly leaves the scene.

Perdita
30-11-2011, 14:43

Jeff Hordley has said in an interview that he has no plans to leave so I guess he lives

tammyy2j
30-11-2011, 14:52
Jeff Hordley has said in an interview that he has no plans to leave so I guess he lives

The show needs Cain Dingle he is a great character

Chloe O'brien
01-12-2011, 10:41
I think it may be one of the Barton girls Hannah or Holly who assaults him.

Perdita
01-12-2011, 16:28
Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has predicted that viewers will have no sympathy for Cain Dingle when he is brutally attacked next week.

Cain finally gets his comeuppance in a week's time when one of his enemies lashes out in dramatic fashion before leaving him for dead.

Emmerdale bosses have named John and Moira Barton (James Thornton and Natalie J Robb), Charity Tate (Emma Atkins), Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny) and Zak Dingle (Steve Halliwell) as the main six suspects in the case. All have found themselves affected by Cain's destructive behaviour in recent months.

Hordley told TV Choice: "It's quite a long list, isn't it? People will probably think he has got what he deserves. I'd be surprised if many people will say, 'Poor Cain!' when they see him all bloody and beaten."

However, the actor added that he has tried to show a different side to Cain since making his Emmerdale return nearly three years ago.

"Hopefully fans will have seen a change in him since he came back in 2009," he explained. "He wasn't entirely a reformed character, but he was much more a family man. And that was great for me, because it made him more human rather than being just a black-and-white villain.

"People will have seen how tender he can be with his daughter Debbie and granddaughter Sarah. Having said that, there has always been the potential for Cain to flip. He's a psychiatrist's dream!"

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' episodes next Thursday from 7pm on ITV1.

Perdita
02-12-2011, 05:42
Emmerdale bosses have today released unseen pictures showing the dramatic aftermath of next week's brutal attack on Cain Dingle.

As announced last month, Cain (Jeff Hordley) gets his comeuppance next week as one of his enemies carries out a shocking act of revenge before leaving him for dead.

The latest sneak peek at the storyline shows that Cain fights for his life in hospital after the attack, leaving viewers to wonder whether he will pull through.

Meanwhile, Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson) and Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) are soon arrested on suspicion of Cain's attempted murder and put into cells - but are they guilty?

As well as Jai and Charity, Emmerdale chiefs have named John and Moira Barton (James Thornton and Natalie J Robb), Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny) and Zak Dingle (Steve Halliwell) as suspects in the case. The identity of the attacker will be revealed in January.

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' on Thursday, December 8 at 7pm and 8pm on ITV1. Browse through the gallery below to see the newly-released pictures.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a354010/emmerdale-cains-attack-aftermath-revealed-unseen-pictures.html

Glen1
02-12-2011, 14:29
Probably none of these then if they've been named. I think someone suggested Adam , seems a good bet at the moment. I can see Val or Eric wielding an iron bar without too much effort.

alan45
02-12-2011, 20:31
Emmerdale bosses have today released unseen pictures showing the dramatic aftermath of next week's brutal attack on Cain Dingle.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/48/618_soaps_emmerdale_judgement_day_1.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/48/618_soaps_emmerdale_judgement_day_4.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/48/618_soaps_emmerdale_judgement_day_2.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/48/618_soaps_emmerdale_judgement_day_3.jpg

Here they are

Perdita
05-12-2011, 15:08
Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has revealed that he has more sympathy for the Bartons than any of Cain Dingle's other enemies.

Cain recently caused turmoil in the family by embarking on an affair with Moira (Natalie J Robb) and later revealing the truth to her furious husband John (James Thornton). His antics mean that both John and Moira will become suspects when Cain is brutally attacked by a mystery assailant later this week.

Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny), Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) and Zak Dingle (Steve Halliwell) will also be in the frame in the weeks following the shock incident.

Hordley told the Daily Record: "Of all the six suspects, I think the Bartons are the ones that get the short straw. He's always fancied Moira. He's never got on with John and he saw an opportunity there with Moira and just thought 'Right, I'm going to have some fun with you' and he doesn't care what the consequences are going to be."

The actor explained that he can understand why a twisted character like Cain would hold a grudge against the others.

"Amy has lied to him from day one," he commented. "She said she was 19 when she was 16, then she got pregnant. He said, 'Here's some money for the abortion', she took the money and did something else with it. As far as he's concerned, if she hadn't lied to him in the first place, if she'd had the abortion, he wouldn't be in this situation. He blames her and that's why he's gunning for her.

"As far as Charity is concerned, love has turned to hate. Jai is in for it as well because he's flaunting Charity in front of him.

"Zak keeps telling him to leave Charity alone, to leave Amy alone. That's a father-son thing and it's just a case of Cain thinking, 'Stop telling me what I should and shouldn't do - you're an old man, you can't tell me what to do'. He doesn't want anything to do with him and Zak isn't happy about that."

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' this Thursday from 7pm on ITV1.

Perdita
06-12-2011, 09:15
Emmerdale bad boy Cain Dingle continues to face the consequences of his actions as daughter Debbie cuts all ties with him in tonight's episode of the soap.

When Cain (Jeff Hordley) realises that the truth about Amy's baby is spreading throughout the village, he panics and warns the troubled teen that he wants Debbie to find out from him rather than anyone else. However, Cain is too late as Zak and Lisa soon tell Debbie everything.

Later, Debbie (Charley Webb) gets tough with her father as she tells him that she is disgusted by his behaviour and wants him out of her life for good.

However, when Debbie orders Cain to leave and he defiantly vows that he's staying put at the house, he finds himself abandoned by his daughter as she storms out with Cameron (Dominic Power). Can Debbie ever forgive Cain?

Emmerdale airs tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

lizann
06-12-2011, 14:55
Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has revealed that he has more sympathy for the Bartons than any of Cain Dingle's other enemies.

Cain recently caused turmoil in the family by embarking on an affair with Moira (Natalie J Robb) and later revealing the truth to her furious husband John (James Thornton). His antics mean that both John and Moira will become suspects when Cain is brutally attacked by a mystery assailant later this week.

Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny), Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) and Zak Dingle (Steve Halliwell) will also be in the frame in the weeks following the shock incident.

Hordley told the Daily Record: "Of all the six suspects, I think the Bartons are the ones that get the short straw. He's always fancied Moira. He's never got on with John and he saw an opportunity there with Moira and just thought 'Right, I'm going to have some fun with you' and he doesn't care what the consequences are going to be."

The actor explained that he can understand why a twisted character like Cain would hold a grudge against the others.

"Amy has lied to him from day one," he commented. "She said she was 19 when she was 16, then she got pregnant. He said, 'Here's some money for the abortion', she took the money and did something else with it. As far as he's concerned, if she hadn't lied to him in the first place, if she'd had the abortion, he wouldn't be in this situation. He blames her and that's why he's gunning for her.

"As far as Charity is concerned, love has turned to hate. Jai is in for it as well because he's flaunting Charity in front of him.

"Zak keeps telling him to leave Charity alone, to leave Amy alone. That's a father-son thing and it's just a case of Cain thinking, 'Stop telling me what I should and shouldn't do - you're an old man, you can't tell me what to do'. He doesn't want anything to do with him and Zak isn't happy about that."

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' this Thursday from 7pm on ITV1.

Cain didnt force Moira to cheat I have no sympathy for her

Perdita
06-12-2011, 15:43
Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has revealed that he only recently discovered the identity of Cain Dingle's attacker.

The soap launches a dramatic mystery storyline later this week as one of Cain's enemies brutally attacks him before leaving him for dead.

Emmerdale bosses have named John and Moira Barton (James Thornton and Natalie J Robb), Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Charity Tate (Emma Atkins), Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny) and Zak Dingle (Steve Halliwell) as the main six suspects in the case, but viewers will not discover who was responsible until the New Year.

Hordley told This Morning today that he and his fellow cast members were also in the dark for much of the filming process.

"You don't find out until January - it's absolutely brilliant," he explained. "I know [who it is] now - we only found out just recently because we've just shot the episode. It was a very closely-guarded secret."

He continued: "We don't want it to get out. Mum's the word! But it's great - it's a fantastic storyline. I'm so thrilled to be part of it. I think the rating figures last week spoke [for that] - not that I'm bragging about it, but we beat Corrie and we beat EastEnders last week."

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' in a double bill on Thursday evening, which sees the village villain insult all of the customers in The Woolpack one-by-one in the moments leading up to his attack.

Hordley added: "It was a brilliant scene. It's quite Tarantino-esque in the way that it's written. We've got a fantastic writer who's written the episode - you laugh at some points and you know that you shouldn't be laughing. It's fantastic. It's a very strong episode and I'm really proud of it."

Perdita
06-12-2011, 15:44
Emmerdale's Dingle and Pollard families have been named by bookmakers as the top suspects in the soap's forthcoming Cain Dingle mystery.

Cain, played by Jeff Hordley, will be brutally attacked later this week when one of his many enemies decides to get their revenge after being pushed to the edge by his antics.

Bookmaker Victor Chandler has now opened a book on who could be the culprit, making any member of the Dingle family the joint 5/2 favourite alongside members of the Pollard family.

Members of the Sharma family have odds of 7/2, while the Bartons are next at 4/1.

Victor Chandler spokesperson Charlie McCann commented: "John Barton is the obvious candidate given he gives Cain a smack for bedding Moira on Thursday night, but we are convinced he is too obvious to be the attacker, although that doesn't mean it is not one of his family!

"My own personal fancies are David Metcalfe, part of the Pollard family, and Debbie Dingle despite the fact that she is his daughter!"
The full odds are as follows:

5/2 - Any member of Dingle family
5/2 - Any member of Pollard family (including Amy and David)
7/2 - Any member of Sharma family
4/1 - Any member of Barton family
5/1 - Any other
8/1 - Any member of Sugden family
20/1 - Any member of Thomas family
20/1 - Any member of King family

Digital Spy is currently inviting readers to vote on who could be the attacker and John Barton is currently the favourite with 26.1% of the vote. Amy Wyatt and Zak Dingle follow with 20.2% and 17.1% respectively.

Emmerdale airs Cain's attack on Thursday evening, but the culprit will not be revealed to viewers until the New Year.

tammyy2j
07-12-2011, 14:56
Is it defo one of the 6 suspects already mentioned i.e. John, Moira, Zak, Amy, Jai or Charity?

If not I think it will be Eric Pollard

Tuareet
07-12-2011, 15:01
After last night's episode I thought Hazel could be a suspect.

Serena Williams
07-12-2011, 15:22
So I guess this will be James Thorton's exit line then he's the one that beat up Cain it is seems to me or possibly Jai. But I think John Barton was the one that was driven to this violence. I just think it sucks that James Thorton decided to leave the show. Without John the Barton family is finished. I really liked the Bartons they were the only "normal" family in the village.

Perdita
07-12-2011, 15:44
Emmerdale's Dingle family have come under further suspicion in the soap's Cain mystery after bookmakers cut their odds in the betting.

Cain, played by Jeff Hordley, gets his comeuppance tomorrow night when one of his enemies brutally attacks him in a shocking act of revenge.

Yesterday, the Dingles were joint favourites alongside the Pollards with odds of 5/2 that any member of either family would be the culprit.

However, the Dingles have since pulled ahead as the clear favourites as bookmaker Victor Chandler cut their odds to 9/4 overnight.

The shift came after last night's Emmerdale episode saw a furious Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) cut all ties with Cain, which could have contributed towards the change.

Meanwhile, the bookies now believe it is less likely that the attack will be carried out by a member of the Sharma family, as they have been pushed out from 7/2 to 4/1.

Show bosses have named John and Moira Barton (James Thornton and Natalie J Robb), Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Charity Tate (Emma Atkins), Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny) and Zak Dingle (Steve Halliwell) as the main six suspects in the case.

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' tomorrow night from 7pm on ITV1.

tammyy2j
07-12-2011, 16:05
Emmerdale's Charity Tate is left sickened as under-fire Cain Dingle declares his love for her in tonight's episode of the soap.

Charity (Emma Atkins) faces heartbreak this evening as Jai (Chris Bisson) decides that they should split up - finally crumbling following Cain's menacing behaviour towards his family.

After leaving Holdgate Farm, Charity moves in with Zak and Lisa, and she's later stunned when Cain pays her a visit.

Showing a softer side, Cain (Jeff Hordley) laments the fact that his relationship with Charity has become so strained, and he tries to tell her how much she means to him. However, when Charity angrily declares that she hates Cain for everything he's done, will he realise that he's gone too far this time?

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a354754/potd-emmerdales-charity-rejects-cain-again.html

Perdita
08-12-2011, 13:58
Emmerdale fans remain convinced that John Barton will be revealed as Cain Dingle's attacker in the New Year.

The soap launches a mystery storyline tonight as one of Cain's many enemies carries out the ultimate revenge, using a metal object to brutally beat him before leaving him for dead.

A Digital Spy poll which invited readers to crack the case last week had John neck-and-neck with Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny), with only 0.5% between them.

However, John extended his lead over his fellow suspects in the past week, giving him 26.3% in the final result. Amy took second place with 19.9%.

Speculation that John would be the attacker recently intensified following the announcement that James Thornton, who plays him, is leaving the soap.

The full and final results of our 'Who Will Attack Cain?' poll were as follows:

1. John Barton (26.3%)
2. Amy Wyatt (19.9%)
3. Zak Dingle (17.3%)
4. Moira Barton (16.3%)
5. Charity Tate (10.4%)
6. Jai Sharma (9.8%)

Our poll has now closed, but a new one will open on Digital Spy this evening to see if opinions have changed after the attack scene has aired. Fans will not discover the identity of the culprit until January.

Emmerdale airs Cain's 'Judgement Day' episodes tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV1.