PDA

View Full Version : Dancing On Ice 2012

Perdita
14-11-2011, 04:09
Chesney Hawkes has been tipped to join next year's Dancing On Ice.

The 'One And Only' singer is "secretly in training" for the ITV contest's seventh series, according to The Sun.

The '90s favourite is expected to join the likes of former child star Corey Feldman, Sugababes singer Heidi Range and actress Jennifer Ellison in the forthcoming edition.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter (Theresa McQueen), Coronation Street's Andy Whyment (Kirk Sutherland) and Laila Morse of EastEnders have also been linked to the show.

Keith Chegwin was reportedly forced to pull out of Dancing On Ice after injuring himself in training.

Speaking to Digital Spy last week, former WAG Lizzie Cundy denied speculation that she has agreed to a Dancing On Ice appearance

Perdita
19-11-2011, 06:57
Christine Bleakley has replaced Holly Willoughby on Dancing on Ice, it has been announced.

The Daybreak star, who defected to ITV last year, will co-host the 2012 series alongside Phillip Schofield.

Bleakley said in a statement: "I've always been a total Dancing on Ice addict so it really is hard to sum up how excited I am to be joining the team.

"My only concern was what a big task it is to follow the brilliant Holly and I can only promise her, Phillip and everyone at home that they couldn't have a bigger fan of the show on board."

Schofield, who works with Willoughby on This Morning, commented: "I'm absolutely delighted that Christine is on board and I'm really excited about the new series."

Willoughby tweeted: "Good luck to Christine Bleakley on this year's Dancing on Ice. It's a truly magical show and you will love it. I'll miss you all very much!"

She quickly added: "No.... I'm not pregnant!"

There has been speculation that Willoughby's departure coincides with a new presenting role on BBC One's upcoming talent show The Voice, but nothing has been confirmed.

Dancing on Ice is expected to return for its seventh series in January.

tammyy2j
24-11-2011, 14:29
Reports suggest Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton may be getting the skating boot, right out of the judging panel.

The Dancing On Ice pair have not yet been given contracts to sign for the next season.

The Sun reports "Producers want to refresh things and Jason and Emma look the most vulnerable".

"The show has been running for several years and like all ITV shows they are overhauled occasionally to keep viewers interested."

Gardiner, who has taken up the role of villain on the panel, joined the show in 2006. He has come to blows both inside and outside the show, with viewers complaining about one particular outburst directed to Karen Barber last season.

'Baby Spice' Emma Bunton joined the panel in December 2009, replacing Ruthie Henshall. Rumours suggest that Louie Spence has been in talks with show bosses to join the panel. Spence is a friend of both judges and star of docu-series Pineapple Dance Studios.

Perdita
03-12-2011, 06:08
The judging lineup for the upcoming series of Dancing on Ice has been announced.

Louie Spence, Karen Barber, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins will make up the panel for the ITV skating show's next run, which begins in January.

The news follows Friday's confirmation that former judges Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton have left the series.

Choreographer Spence has worked with Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams and Mariah Carey, and is best known for appearing on Sky1's Pineapple Dance Studios and Show Business.

He said: "I'm looking forward to being part of such a challenging and spectacular show and can't wait to give my encouragement and critique on the contestants' dance and performance on the ice."

Figure skating champion Witt won gold medals at the Sarajevo 1984 and Calgary 1988 Olympic Games, and holds the record for most consecutive European titles alongside Sonja Henie.

"I can't wait to join the Dancing on Ice judging panel," Witt added. "As well as offering support and constructive advice to this year's celebrity skaters I'm also looking forward to working alongside my close friends Torvill and Dean."

ITV Controller of Entertainment Layla Smith said: "We are thrilled to welcome Louie and Katarina to the new Dancing on Ice panel. The pair have a wealth of experience which they will be bringing to the new series. Their unique flare and passion for their professions will doubtless make for some interesting debates.

"We'd like to thank Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner for their valued contribution during previous series and wish them both all the best with their future projects."

Barber rejoins the judging panel after serving as the celebrities' mentor on the last series of the show, while head judge Cousins retains his position in the lineup, which he has held since the programme began.

Christine Bleakley recently replaced Holly Willoughby as next year's host alongside Phillip Schofield.

Dancing on Ice returns to ITV1 in the New Year.

LostVoodoo
05-12-2011, 20:54
Kinda sorry to see Jason go, but thank god the pointless Emma Bunton has gone!

Ruffed_lemur
11-12-2011, 23:24
I read that Karen Barber is not a judge, she's doing the same as last year.

Ruffed_lemur
01-01-2012, 19:28
Really looking forward to this! Starts on the 8th. January. :)

lizann
01-01-2012, 19:59
Louie Spence should be fun to watch

Chloe O'brien
01-01-2012, 21:54
When do you think we will know who the celebs are, although I'm not really fussed it's like Strictly I watch it more for the professionals skaters rather than the celebs.

Ruffed_lemur
02-01-2012, 16:22
When do you think we will know who the celebs are, although I'm not really fussed it's like Strictly I watch it more for the professionals skaters rather than the celebs.

I think it's announced tomorrow. I just watch for the skating too. The professionals are brilliant! Love their routines on the tour. :)

Ruffed_lemur
02-01-2012, 16:24
Louie Spence should be fun to watch

Yeah, should be! :D

annette_tr9
03-01-2012, 11:49
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2081381/Dancing-On-Ice-2012-line-Heidi-Range-Jennifer-Ellison-Jorgie-Porter-lead-celebrities-new-series.html

lineup revealed!

Coronation Street star Andy Whyment, Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere, TV presenter Mark Rhodes, actor Corey Feldman, free runner Sebastien Foucan, TV presenter Sam Nixon, singer Chesney Hawkes and Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden, (front row from left) Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, actress Jennifer Ellison, British skier Chemmy Alcott, Sugababe Heidi Range, fitness guru Rosemary Conley, actress Laila Morse and Dallas star Charlene Tilton

Chloe O'brien
03-01-2012, 18:30
The lovely Andrei is back this year. Him and Matt Evers that's my winter nights warmed up. :D

Chloe O'brien
05-01-2012, 00:24
Chico replaces Chesney Hawkes in 'Dancing on Ice'

Chesney Hawkes has been replaced by former X Factor star Chico in ITV's Dancing on Ice.

The 'One and Only' singer suffered a severe ankle sprain and a fractured fibula while practising basic steps with dance partner Jodeyne Higgins.

The competition's physio informed Hawkes that he would no longer be able to take part in the competition.

Chico, who shot to fame during the 2005 series of The X Factor, wished Hawkes a quick recovery.

Chico said: "Whilst I'm really excited about being part of the new series of Dancing on Ice it's not necessarily in the best of circumstances. I wish Chesney all the best and a speedy recovery. I will not just be skating for myself I will be skating for Chesney as well and do him proud."

Hawkes added: "I am gutted not to be taking part in Dancing on Ice. I was having a brilliant time and couldn't wait to finally be skating live on national TV!

"It wasn't even a spectacular fall, it was a slight stumble as I practised with my skating partner. I think my children are the most disappointed; they were so excited at the prospect of watching me skate."
He vowed: "I'm determined to be back on the ice, I might not be able to appear in this series but hoping I will be able to appear in the show next year!"

Dancing on Ice starts on Sunday (January 8) at 6.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
05-01-2012, 13:09
Coronation Street star Andy Whyment has revealed to Digital Spy that he has placed a ban on the Dancing on Ice producers giving him a fake tan.

Whyment, who plays Kirk Sutherland in the ITV1 soap, insisted that he wouldn't be touching fake tan or pink Lycra on the reality show.

"That's one thing I've said, no fake tan for me, au naturel," said Whyment.

"I've had bets with people, I had a bet with my dance partner that I won't have had a fake tan by the end of it. I don't care if I look like Casper the Ghost. Definitely no false tan."

Talking about his skills on the ice, he added: "People keep telling me I'm better than I think I am. I'm not amazing, but I can skate."

Dancing on Ice launches on Sunday (January 8) at 6.

Perdita
05-01-2012, 21:16
Emmerdale's Matthew Wolfenden has insisted his fiance and co-star Charley Webb isn't bothered about him getting up close and personal with another woman on Dancing On Ice.
The actor, who plays resident hunk David Metcalfe, has been spending hours training with his skating partner Nina Ulanova as he prepare for the ITV1 show.
But Matthew revealed Charley, who gave birth to their son Buster in April 2010, isn't the jealous type.
"Over the last few months since I've been training with Nina they've got to know each other really well. She texts Nina more than she texts me to be honest," he said.
"No, she's not bothered about that.
"Charley is the one that pushed me into doing it this year, she loves the show.
"I'm the first guy in Emmerdale to do it, there have been a lot of girls who've done it and all done really well. Charley's always come down and supported the people who've done it in the past so for me to have done it she's really, really excited."
Matthew admitted he struggled to keep his new challenge a secret from his castmates before the Dancing On Ice line-up was officially announced.
"It's been a bit of a giveaway when I've turned up to work with ice skates, but then you need ice skates up in the Dales sometimes, and the Emmerdale village," he joked.

PA

Chloe O'brien
05-01-2012, 21:26
Coronation Street star Andy Whyment has revealed to Digital Spy that he has placed a ban on the Dancing on Ice producers giving him a fake tan.

Whyment, who plays Kirk Sutherland in the ITV1 soap, insisted that he wouldn't be touching fake tan or pink Lycra on the reality show.

"That's one thing I've said, no fake tan for me, au naturel," said Whyment.

"I've had bets with people, I had a bet with my dance partner that I won't have had a fake tan by the end of it. I don't care if I look like Casper the Ghost. Definitely no false tan."

Talking about his skills on the ice, he added: "People keep telling me I'm better than I think I am. I'm not amazing, but I can skate."

Dancing on Ice launches on Sunday (January 8) at 6.
Andy is going to be so out of place without a fake tan on the show. His pale skin is going to look awful

Ruffed_lemur
06-01-2012, 00:44
Andy is going to be so out of place without a fake tan on the show. His pale skin is going to look awful

I don't think he'll look awful. I think some of them overdo it!

megan999
06-01-2012, 15:06
Andy Whyment (from Corrie)
Laila Morse (big Mo from EE)
Matthew Wolfenden (Emmerdale)
Corey Feldman (US actor)
Charlene Tilton (was in Dallas)
Sebastien Foucan (stuntman)
Heidi Range (Sugababe)
Chesney Hawkes (sang The One and Only)---replaced by wacky X Factor star Chico Slimani, because Chesney broke his leg.
Sam Nixon (children's TV presenter)
Jorgie Porter (Hollyoaks)
Mark Rhodes (children's TV presenter with Sam Nixon)
Jennifer Ellison (actress and model)
Chemmy Alcott (Britain's top female skier)
Rosemary Conley (diet and fitness guru)
Andy Akinwolere (Blue Peter presenter)

I am sorry that this information has already been posted, I didn't notice. A Mod can delete my post. Thanks.

megan999
08-01-2012, 15:16
Dancing On Ice Corey Feldman: I'm struggling to lift 'muscly' dance partner Brooke

Hollywood star Corey Feldman is worried about lifting his Dancing On Ice partner because of her “muscly legs” and “bubble butt”.

The Stand By Me and Lost Boys actor said he had to bulk up to handle former US *champion skater Brooke Castile.

Corey, 40, who takes to the ice on next week’s show, said: “I’m scared of lifting my partner. She’s got these giant, muscly legs and a hard bubble butt. Not in a bad butt way. I think each cheek weighs about 20lbs. That’s a lot of work.”

Corey, just 5ft 5in tall, has had to gain more than half a stone just so he can carry Brooke. He said he and Brooke, 25, didn’t gel straight away, and he blames it on her relationship with *her boyfriend, US ice dancer Kevin O’Keefe.

“She came in with this very rigid attitude,” he said. “I think her words were ‘I’m going to be a ball-buster’.

"Once we started *having a bit of fun on the ice it all started coming *together. But she has no interest in *hanging out with me. I think she’s nervous about crossing *boundaries.”

Corey, who split with wife Susie two years ago, admits he is looking for romance.

“I’m single and I’m very *excited about meeting English women,” he said.

“I have the most beautiful women on the show with me so I feel like a very lucky man.”

source: Sunday Mirror

Perdita
09-01-2012, 06:41
Andy Akinwolere has become the first celebrity to leave this year's series of Dancing on Ice.

The ex-Blue Peter host was eliminated by the panel after falling into the skate-off with Sugababes star Heidi Range when judges' scores and public votes were combined.

Andy Whyment, Charlene Tilton, Jorgie Porter, Chemmy Alcott and Mark Rhodes were earlier granted spots in the the next stage of the competition.

In the vote, Louie Spence backed the "more refined and polished" performance given by Range, but Katarina Witt saved Akinwolere after being impressed with how he managed his challenging routine.

Addressing Range, she said: "Your second performance was more steady and better, but Andy as a celebrity and a non-skater it's more difficult to cover a fast number, to keep the rhythm... I still feel you are the better skater."

The deciding vote went down to Robin Cousins, who plumped for Range's "cleaner" display over the "great energy" evident in Akinwolere.

Voting to save Range, he quipped: "I like a little sugar with my babe."

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley after the result, Akinwolere admitted: "[I'm] gutted actually, really gutted. We put so much into that, but it's cool."

His partner Maria Filippov added: "It was sweet and short, but I loved every minute of it. I'm really gutted that we couldn't show more."

The remaining eight celebrities will skate for the first time when Dancing on Ice returns next Sunday (January 15) at 6.30pm on ITV1.

megan999
09-01-2012, 14:16
Mark should have gone. I enjoyed Andy A's performance.

Ruffed_lemur
10-01-2012, 00:23
Mark should have gone. I enjoyed Andy A's performance.

I agree. Mark seemed the weakest to me, but he must have got a lot of votes!

megan999
10-01-2012, 15:02
I agree. Mark seemed the weakest to me, but he must have got a lot of votes!It's popularity vs ability all over again:wall:

alan45
15-01-2012, 23:45
Laila Morse has become the second celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The EastEnders star was eliminated from the contest following a skate-off with Corey Feldman.

Rosemary Conley, Matthew Wolfenden, Jennifer Ellison, Chico, Sébastien Foucan and Sam Nixon earlier made it through based on viewer votes and judges' scores.

In the judges' vote, Louie Spence chose to save Feldman for having given "the strongest overall performance in the skate-off", while Katarina Witt also chose to send home the injury-stricken actress "for the sake of [her] health".

Head panellist Robin Cousins confirmed that he too would have eliminated Morse, telling the 66-year-old: "I admire your courage for having a go, but I'm quite excited to see what we might see from you, Corey."

Morse earlier admitted to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley that she was not disappointed to land in the skate-off, echoing her previous comment to Digital Spy that she was hoping for an early exit.

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (January 22) at 6.10pm on ITV1, with all 13 remaining contestants skating together for the first time.

megan999
16-01-2012, 15:51
I think that the right 2 celebrities were in the Skate off, but I wanted Laila to get further in the competition because I'm an EE fan :( Is it true that Gary Oldman is her brother?:hmm:

moonstorm
16-01-2012, 15:54
Yes Megan, he is her little brother.

Chloe O'brien
17-01-2012, 16:31
I think that the right 2 celebrities were in the Skate off, but I wanted Laila to get further in the competition because I'm an EE fan :( Is it true that Gary Oldman is her brother?:hmm:

I think if Laila hadn't injured herself she may have began to enjoy herself. I think a lot of people wanted her to stay in the competition just to see if Gary would come and watch her, but she didn't get the votes.

alan45
21-01-2012, 05:44
If you’re married to a soap star, seeing your other half cuddling up to someone else on TV goes with the territory.

But Coronation Street star Andy Whyment reckons his sexy moves on Dancing On Ice with partner Vicky Ogden are causing no end of trouble at home with wife Nicola.

“She doesn’t think it’s great but it is part of the show,” he says nervously. “If I were in her shoes I don’t think I would like it either. It is hard, too, because I’m training every day so you are out for hours and then I am in London all weekend...”

Andy, who plays dopey Kirk Sutherland in the ITV soap, reveals he feels weird himself grappling with Vicky on screen.

He adds: “I’m just not used to it. Honestly, in 11 years of Corrie I have only had to do three screen kisses. Kirk is not one of those characters that has had a lot of girlfriends.

"This is the most time I have spent on screen close to a girl. I just try to enjoy the entertainment side of it.”

He may be uncomfortable with Vicky but Andy has noticed one benefit from his hours on the ice. Relaxing, he says: “My wife tells me I have lost weight and I think that is basically because my body is building up muscle-wise.

“Before this I didn’t really have a gut but I had started putting weight on. I turned 30 in September and I used to be a 28in waist and I went up to a 32 as I like my junk food, and me and the gym just don’t go.

"Now I am losing it again because I am on Dancing On Ice. I am not saying I have a six-pack but I am getting stronger. I love fast food and I am trying to cut down but you can get away with it a bit while you are doing this.”

Andy was seen as one of the joke acts when he appeared on the show in the first week but surprised a few people by staying on two feet and scoring 12 points from the judges.

Olympic champ Katarina Witt even said he was the “surprise of the night” and spoke of his potential to flourish despite being barely able to stand when he first signed up.

This weekend the actor hopes to win votes with a new hairstyle and song all viewers will be familiar with for the movie week theme.

“I am doing the Grease tune and as you can see I haven’t got a lot of hair myself so I think they will try to get me a wig for a John Travolta look. So I’ll wear that and be running my fingers through my hair,” he explains.

“My first dance was fun and entertaining so I have got to try to look a bit cool this time. I don’t think I am the coolest person in the world but we are getting there with the routine.

“I did have a couple of tumbles in training this week, which are the first falls I have had in a while. But it is nothing too serious. I was doing a step as part of the routine and I don’t know what went wrong but the next thing I knew I was on my backside.

“It is because I am trying to push myself a little bit more. I think it is because I saw how good the other lads were. I am not trying to become amazing because that won’t happen but I do want to push it a bit more.”

Andy Whyment and Vicky Ogden

While Andy, who was born in Leigh, Gtr Manchester, has definitely entered into the spirit of the show there are a couple of areas he has misgivings about: the flamboyant clothing and the spray tans.

As a football-loving northern lad, he will not welcome mickey-taking on the Corrie cobbles, especially from life-long pal Alan Halsall, who plays Tyrone Dobbs.

Andy reveals: “I spoke to Alan about Dancing On Ice beforehand when I was first offered it. We have been mates for 21 years and he said ‘I don’t think I could do it but fair play’.

“A few of them at Corrie were saying it was going to be Bambi On Ice but I think that Alan was quite impressed by my ability. I couldn’t stand up at first but I am definitely improving.

“Alan has said he loves me to bits but when he comes to the show to see me he wants me to fall over. And, to be honest, when you watch the show on TV you do want to see tumbles. That is what a lot of people watch it for, I think.”

Andy also insists there is no chance of him suddenly skating out with an orange tan: “I have had a £10 bet with Hayley Tamaddon (ex-Emmerdale actress), a £5 bet with Vicky my skating partner and a £5 bet with Alan that I won’t have a spray tan.

“Jayne Torvill offered me a tenner to have a tan last week but I am standing my ground on this. I won’t have one. Plus, I would be £10 down if I did!”

ALTHOUGH Andy wore sequins for his first routine he doesn’t fancy anything too garish.

“I don’t mind the sequins, it is just some of the colours. I don’t want to wear pink or anything luminous,” he says. “Luckily, for the Grease number it is jeans and a leather jacket, so I am quite happy with that.”

Andy is no stranger to celebrity talent contests, having come runner-up in Soapstar Superstar in 2006. But he says that lasted just eight days and, weeks later, people were back shouting “Kirk!” at him in the Manchester streets instead of Andy.

Dancing On Ice could change that if he goes far but he does not sound too bothered either way.

“I am not in the show to win it, I just take each week as it comes,” he insists. “It is not a competition for me, it is an experience. Yes, I want to up my game but I am doing it for me. I’ll just be happy if I beat my previous score.”

So who does he think will win? “Matthew was really good last week but I thought Chico did well considering he was a reserve. There are some really good skaters.

"Christopher Dean said it was the strongest group and I watch the show every year and normally there are four or five skaters who aren’t great and I think this year there are only a couple.

"For me, it’s all about fun. I am doing this to make my family proud and everyone has just told me to enjoy it.

“Steven Arnold, who played Ashley on Corrie and was on last year’s Dancing, says I am much better than he was, but it is just about having fun.”

For Andy, starring in Corrie, seeing his beloved Manchester United and watching his son Thomas, three, and one-year-old daughter Hollie grow up is his life... and that’s how he likes it.

“When Dancing finishes I won’t carry on skating much,” he says. “It would be nice if the kids wanted to go, I could show them a few tricks, but I am not an amazing skater, even though I have come on leaps and bounds.

"At Christmas I did do some movements at home though, and my little boy was joining in with the arm movements which was quite cute. But when I’m at home I really do try to switch off to be honest.”

Andy, who also played Darren in hit comedy The Royle Family, says that Corrie is his top priority and he’s delighted that he can fit Dancing on Ice around his Weatherfield commitments.

“I have been acting since I was eight. But with Corrie I will stay there as long as they will have me. I am into my 11th year and it is a great show,” he says. “I would love it to be a job for life.

“I have got so many close friends there, it is 25 minutes from where I live so I am home every night. It is a fantastic job. I have always loved playing Kirk.”

Let’s just hope for Andy his character Kirk doesn’t get a sex-mad girlfriend any time soon in the scripts or he’ll be getting more icy glares from his missus

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2012/01/21/dancing-on-ice-star-andy-whyment-wants-to-stay-on-coronation-street-as-long-as-they-want-him-115875-23710184/#ixzz1k4JxFVCc

Perdita
23-01-2012, 06:04
Mark Rhodes has become the third celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The children's TV host was eliminated over Charlene Tilton after judges' scores and viewer votes for their 'Movie Week' performances were combined.

After a last chance skate-off, in which Rhodes reprised his Blues Brothers-themed performance, judges Robin Cousins, Louie Spence and Katarina Witt unanimously voted to send him home.

Cousins said to the former Pop Idol contestant before casting his vote: "It's been fun having you around", while Spence complimented Rhodes on his "spirit and fun attitude".

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley following his exit, Rhodes said: "Obviously I'm absolutely gutted, but to be at the bottom in the first week and to be next to the bottom in the second week, it makes sense for me to be in the skate-off.

"Charlene... she skated her second [performance] absolutely brilliantly and I messed up. [I'm] absolutely fine with it."

Turning to his professional partner Frankie Poultney, the 30-year-old jested: "You've been working with limited resources. You are absolutely brilliant."

Rhodes's presenting partner Sam Nixon remains in the running.

Schofield also teased at the end of the show that the remaining 12 contestants will soon face "one of the biggest challenges ever seen".

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (January 29) at 6.45pm on ITV1.

megan999
23-01-2012, 16:28
IMO it was right for the judges to send Mark home, but I wanted Rosemary in the skate-off as well. I'm just not comfortable watching her skate!

Perdita
24-01-2012, 05:41
The Dancing on Ice celebrities will go head-to-head in individual skating battles this week, it has been revealed.

The twist will see each skater and their professional partner paired with another couple, with the match-ups formed based on their position on last week's scoreboard.

Each pairing will take to the ice at the same time, performing their own routine to the same music.

The Ice Panel - Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Louie Spence - will then choose which couple they thought skated best, automatically guaranteeing them a place in week four of the competition.

At the end of the battles, six of the celebrities will be left to face the public vote. The normal format will then carry through to the results show; with the bottom two performing in the skate-off.

Having ended up joint first on the leaderboard, soap stars Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter will go head-to-head in one of the ice battles. The other pairings are Andy Whyment V Rosemary Conley, Heidi Range V Charlene Tilton, Jennifer Ellison V Sebastien Foucan, Chico V Sam Nixon, and Corey Feldman V Chemmy Alcott.

"The celebrities were extremely shocked when they found out the twist," an insider told Digital Spy. "It wasn't what any of them were expecting. The pressure is really on to perform; each will want to pull out all the stops to win the ice panel's support."

Dancing on Ice continues Sunday at 6.45pm on ITV1.

megan999
24-01-2012, 14:14
The Dancing on Ice celebrities will go head-to-head in individual skating battles this week, it has been revealed.

The twist will see each skater and their professional partner paired with another couple, with the match-ups formed based on their position on last week's scoreboard.

Each pairing will take to the ice at the same time, performing their own routine to the same music.

This sounds great :D Good idea, whoever came up with this:thumbsup: Looking forward to Matthew VS Jorgie, in particular :cheer:

Ruffed_lemur
25-01-2012, 16:33
Don't like these twists at all. Annoys me more than excites me! The show is exciting enough.

Ruffed_lemur
25-01-2012, 16:36
IMO it was right for the judges to send Mark home, but I wanted Rosemary in the skate-off as well. I'm just not comfortable watching her skate!

Ironically Mark did better this week. IMO Skate-off should have been Rosemary and Corey.

Chloe O'brien
25-01-2012, 16:36
I want Jorgie and Heidi to reach the final. Only so I can spend my Sunday nights drooling over Matt and Andrei :wub:

Ruffed_lemur
25-01-2012, 16:54
I want Jorgie and Heidi to reach the final. Only so I can spend my Sunday nights drooling over Matt and Andrei :wub:

Matt is lovely!

Chloe O'brien
26-01-2012, 10:59
Matt is lovely!

I know he's stunning :D

Perdita
30-01-2012, 06:46
Corey Feldman has become the fourth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The Hollywood actor and professional partner Brooke Castile were eliminated following a skate-off with Charlene Tilton.

The two stars faced the public vote alongside Jorgie Porter, Sam Nixon, Jennifer Ellison and Andy Whyment after all six were defeated in this week's battle twist.

Feldman was beaten in a duel by Chemmy Alcott, while Tilton lost out to Heidi Range. Chico, Sebastien Foucan, Matthew Wolfenden and Rosemary Conley were the others to win immunity.

In the judges' vote, Katarina Witt praised the Stand By Me star for having given his "best performance yet", before turning to Tilton and saying: "I don't think it's goodbye yet, 'cause I want to see Charlene kick ice next week."

Cousins agreed that Feldman had skated better than ever tonight, so much so that he chose to eliminate the Dallas actress for being less "controlled".

The deciding vote came down to Spence, who again complimented Feldman's progress, but ultimately chose to save his "blonde bombshell" Tilton.

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley afterwards, Feldman gushed: "It's been a lot of fun. It's been a tremendous experience and of course I love London, so any excuse to vacation here."

Dancing on Ice continues with a 'pop' special next Sunday (February 5) at 6.25pm on ITV1.

Katy
30-01-2012, 10:18
i quite liked the Duel, it was good being able to compare the two dancers.

megan999
30-01-2012, 17:33
Corey Feldman has become the fourth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

IMO the right celebrity got sent home. The Duel was a good twist :D

Perdita
30-01-2012, 21:47
Dancing on Ice bosses have reportedly tripled security for this Sunday's show.

Thousands of fans are expected to gather outside the Elstree studio as One Direction arrive ahead of their performance on the ITV show.

"Producers are very concerned that thousands of fans will storm the studios," a source told The Sun.

"That cannot be allowed to happen during a live show," the insider added.

Hollywood actor Corey Feldman last night became the latest celebrity to leave the ice skating competition.

Chloe O'brien
31-01-2012, 11:31
Well if they are concerned about fans storming the stage or the ice why have them on the bloody show in the first place. There should be no under 16 year olds in the audience without an adult so there should not be a problem.

Perdita
06-02-2012, 05:54
Charlene Tilton has become the fifth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The Dallas star was booted out after falling into the bottom two with Sam Nixon when viewer votes and judges' scores were combined.

After the pair reprised their 'pop'-themed performances in the skate-off, Louie Spence opened the panel vote by giving his backing to Nixon, saying that he "delivered when the heat was on".

Robin Cousins sealed the 53-year-old's fate by stating that she "doesn't compete" with Nixon, while Katarina Witt confirmed that she would have also saved the CBBC presenter, despite Tilton having given "a more solid performance" second time around.

Asked about her exit by hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley, Tilton declared: "You know, I feel alright and I'll tell you why - I have had the most amazing experience... I have gotten to meet these amazing pro skaters, God love you, you take such good care of us."

Turning to mentors Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean, she continued: "I'm in the presence of greatness. You two always walk with such humility in the midst of your greatness."

Tilton finished her Dancing on Ice experience by calling over to Spence: "Louie, I'm taking you to LA."

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (February 12) at 6.30pm on ITV1 with a Valentine's special.

megan999
08-02-2012, 16:06
Charlene Tilton has become the fifth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

I'm going to miss her, she was fun :)

Ruffed_lemur
09-02-2012, 00:23
I'm going to miss her, she was fun :)

Yeah, I will too. A pity Rosemary didn't go instead!

Perdita
09-02-2012, 17:37
Chico and Sugababe Heidi Range are the first celebrities confirmed for the 2012 Dancing on Ice tour.

2011 Dancing on Ice champion Sam Attwater will also be performing on the nationwide jaunt.

Christopher Dean and Jayne Torvill's sixth live Dancing on Ice UK tour kicks off at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena on April 13.

The Olympic skating duo will train and choreograph the show as well as perform exclusive routines especially for the tour.

After the shows in Newcastle, the tour will visit London, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow. Tickets can be booked on ticketzone.co.uk or dancingonicetour.co.uk.

Audiences will be able to vote for their favourite skaters in each show and their points will be combined with the judges' scores to find the winner every night. The winning couple will be allowed to skate a special finale performance.

All the profits from the text votes will go to the Royal London Society For The Blind and Demelza Hospice Care for Children.

Perdita
13-02-2012, 06:35
Rosemary Conley has become the sixth celebrity to leave this year's series of Dancing On Ice.

The 64-year-old was eliminated after failing to impress with her Valentine's Day routine, landing in the bottom two alongside Chemmy Alcott when judges' scores and viewer votes were combined.

After the skate-off, the panel of Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins praised both stars for having improved on their original routines, but unanimously elected to save Alcott.

However, Spence went on to describe Conley as "an inspiration" and "a true lady", while Witt added: "You know that you had my admiration from the first second."

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley after the result, the fitness guru praised her professional partner Mark Hanretty for all his effort.

"I've loved every second and this young man is a new best friend in my life," she said. "He's brought the best out fo me. I just want to thank you for being the best coach and nicest person that God put on this earth."

Addressing show mentors Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean, she continued: "They are such an inspiration and I don't think people at home realise how much you do to make the show how it is, because you are both legends."

Tonight's edition of the show saw Jennifer Ellison cut her head open with a skate during her live routine.

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday (February 19) at 6.05pm on ITV1.

Perdita
13-02-2012, 06:37
Two celebrities will leave Dancing on Ice next week after facing one of the biggest challenges in the show's history.

Hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley confirmed at the end of yesterday's (February 12) episode that the remaining nine contestants will face an 'Ultimate Skills Test' consisting of 23 required elements, including advanced manoeuvres such as crossovers and spins.

After judges' scores and viewer votes are combined, the three celebrities at the bottom of the leaderboard will for the first time in Dancing on Ice history take part in a skate-off without their professional partners.

Only one of the trio will be saved by the panel of Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins - leaving just seven still in the running.

Rosemary Conley became the latest celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice after falling into the bottom two with Chemmy Alcott in this week's vote.

Tonight's Valentine's-themed extravaganza saw Jennifer Ellison rush off the ice in agony after cutting her head open with her own skate.

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (February 19) at 6.05pm on ITV1.

Perdita
20-02-2012, 06:23
Sebastien Foucan and Heidi Range have been eliminated from Dancing on Ice.

The pair fell in the bottom three along with Chemmy Alcott when viewers' votes and judges' scores for their ultimate skills tests earlier were combined.

All three were then challenge to perform a solo skills test in the skate-off, with head judge Robin Cousins making the sole decision as to who would be saved.

Foucan's fate appeared to be sealed when he forgot a large portion of his sequence and was forced to skate aimlessly around the ice. He broke down in tears upon stepping out of the rink and was comforted by professional partner Brainne Delcourt, as well as skate-off rival Alcott.

"I am so sorry because this is heartbreaking," judge Katarina Witt told him. "We've seen you performing so well."

Louie Spence concurred: "You've been so incredible up until this point, when you just lost it. It is just the nature of compeitions sometimes and it is very sad for somebody with such potential and who is such a good performer."

Range fared better, with Spence branding her routine as "the cleaner of the three" and his co-judges both noting that she had skated to the best of her abilities.

However, Cousins ultimately favoured Alcott's performance, which was variously described by the panel as rhythmic, "fluid" and "constant" despite a clear stumble near the beginning.

The eliminated duo then went to meet with hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley, where Foucan again cried onto Range's shoulder.

Though Foucan was still too emotional to speak, the Sugababes singer declared that she was leaving "sooner than [she'd] like to have done" and assured all that she "had the time of [her] life".

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (February 26) at 6.50pm on ITV1.

Chloe O'brien
20-02-2012, 12:01
Gutted that Heidi went because no more Andrei. I was surprised to see Sebastien in the skate off I expected it to be Andy and Sam. Poor Chemmey she is a good skater but not popular with the public.

megan999
22-02-2012, 16:24
I hope Jorgie doesn't win it overall, she has been top/nearly top of the leaderboard from the start. I like to see the celebrities progress. Hope that Matthew and Chico chase her on the leaderboard. I feel sorry for Chemmey as well.

Perdita
27-02-2012, 06:03
Sam Nixon has become the latest celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The CBBC host was voted out of the ITV skating competition after landing in the bottom two with Chico when viewer votes and judges' scores for their 'rock' routines were combined.

In the judges' vote, Louie Spence, Robin Cousins and Katarina Witt all praised the pair for their improved skate-off performances, but unanimously elected to eliminate Nixon.

In registering his verdict, Spence told Chico: "You really took on board what we said about that finesse", while Cousins said that Chico managed to "step up that little bit more".

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley, Nixon said that he had an "absolutely awesome" time on Dancing on Ice.

"This experience has been absolutely awesome, what a privilege to be taught how to skate by Torvill and Dean," he said, before turning to pro partner Alexandra Schauman and saying: "This woman here has been absolutely awesome."

In return, Torvill and Dean described Nixon as "such a joy to work with" and congratulated him on his progress.

Nixon's hosting partner Mark Rhodes was eliminated from the show five weeks ago.

Dancing on Ice returns with a special team challenge next Sunday (March 4) on ITV1.

Perdita
01-03-2012, 11:35
Emmerdale's Matthew Wolfenden is aiming to complete the dangerous headbanger skating move on Dancing on Ice.

Wolfenden is one of the bookmakers' favourites to win the reality series, but is facing competition from Jorgie Porter and X Factor's Chico.

According to the Daily Star, the soap actor is planning to take on the challenge of becoming only the show's second man ever to complete the move.

The headbanger involves the male dancer swinging their partner from their ankles and usually features their partner's head being swung only inches away from the ice.

Jorgie Porter became the latest female to take on the headbanger with her partner Matt Evers earlier in the series.

2011 Dancing on Ice champion Sam Attwater became the first male celebrity to complete the move with pro Brianne Delcourt during last year's series.

Dancing on Ice continues this Sunday on ITV1.

Perdita
05-03-2012, 06:03
Andy Whyment has become the ninth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The Coronation Street actor, who has finished bottom of the judges' leaderboard for the last two weeks, faced off against Chemmy Alcott in the final vote.

Whyment predicted his exit immediately after the skate-off and was proven right when the panel of Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins voted to save Alcott.

In giving her verdict, Witt told the soap star that he "should be very proud" of his progress, while Cousins said that he had been "great to watch throughout the series".

Spence called the voting to a close by explaining that in his eyes Alcott "did shine a little bit more".

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley after the decision, Whyment described Dancing on Ice as an "absolutely amazing time" and said that professional partner Vicky Ogden would be "a friend for life".

He also thanked Corrie bosses for letting him appear on the show and said he was "looking forward to spending some quality time with [his] wife and kids".

Alcott ended up in the skate-off despite having her points from the judges doubled for winning the team challenge with Jorgie Porter and Jennifer Ellison, putting her in second place before the public vote.

Dancing on Ice returns for a circus-themed props week next Sunday (March 11) at 7.15pm on ITV1.

megan999
05-03-2012, 14:57
Dancing on Ice returns for a circus-themed props week next Sunday (March 11) at 7.15pm on ITV1.
Looking forward to next week. Enjoyed the Team Challenge yesterday, I wanted the boys team to win it but agreed with the judges that the girls team was slightly better. Am following Dancing on Ice properly for the first time in years, and am enjoying the challenges and tasks put to the celebrities, and I like most of the celebrities too :)

Ruffed_lemur
09-03-2012, 15:58
Looking forward to next week. Enjoyed the Team Challenge yesterday, I wanted the boys team to win it but agreed with the judges that the girls team was slightly better. Am following Dancing on Ice properly for the first time in years, and am enjoying the challenges and tasks put to the celebrities, and I like most of the celebrities too :)

I wonder what props they will have? The hat usually causes problems if they have one. Maybe a Ringmasters hat?!

Perdita
12-03-2012, 06:00
Chemmy Alcott has become the latest celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The champion ski racer landed in the bottom two when public votes and judges' scores were combined for a fourth week, this time facing off against Chico.

After the skate-off, panelist Katarina Witt declared that the decision to eliminate one of them was "very difficult", but ultimately chose to save Alcott.

However, Louie Spence tied up the vote by giving his backing to Chico, and Robin Cousins sent Alcott home after declaring that her opponent still "had that spark" about him.

As Chico fell to his knees in relief, Alcott skated over to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley for her exit interview.

"I feel gutted because I love this competition," she admitted. "But everyone's a lovely skater out there and I've just had so much fun."

Alcott then dedicated her Dancing on Ice stint to "everyone out there who's overcome adversity", saying that she couldn't have imagined competing on the show after fracturing her leg in a skiing crash in December 2010.

"This time last year I was on crutches, I couldnt walk and now I've done this," she beamed.

Chico, Jennifer Ellison, Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter are left to compete in next week's semi-final, which will see them take part in a solo skills test. It was also announced that the contestant who finishes top of the leaderboard will automatically progress to the final.

Dancing on Ice continues Sunday (March 18) at 7pm on ITV1.

megan999
12-03-2012, 17:24
IMO Jorgie should have gone home. She only had one prop to handle. Sure she looked beautiful when she skated, but the other celebrities had a more difficult time with multiple props.

LostVoodoo
13-03-2012, 13:15
IMO Jorgie should have gone home. She only had one prop to handle. Sure she looked beautiful when she skated, but the other celebrities had a more difficult time with multiple props.

It's not like she chooses the prop or the choreography though. They gave her a routine and she performed it as well as she could, which was pretty good actually! Methinks they decided to give her a 'bad' week on purpose a) so more people phone in and b) so it looks like more of a competition and not just about her and Matthew.

annette_tr9
14-03-2012, 12:30
It's not like she chooses the prop or the choreography though. They gave her a routine and she performed it as well as she could, which was pretty good actually! Methinks they decided to give her a 'bad' week on purpose a) so more people phone in and b) so it looks like more of a competition and not just about her and Matthew.

yes i agree, make her look not quite as good this week to even out the competition a bit!

Chloe O'brien
16-03-2012, 18:18
If the celebs are to have more than one prop then it should be the same for all the celebs. It was unfair that Jennifer and Chico had a number of props and Jorgie only having one. Matthew didn't have as many. I think Jorgie should have went on sunday as she hasn't progressed as much as Jenifer or Chemmy has. Her and Matthew started the competition really good yet they've both failed to get a 10 and it's only one week from the final. Unless her and Matthew screw up big time they will battle it out for Bolero and Jen and Chico will go this week, the judges and ITV will see to it. It's a shame I would love to see Matt Evers win it again but Jorgie doesn't deserve to win.

Perdita
17-03-2012, 13:43
Dancing on Ice stars Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter are to attempt the dangerous headbanger move this weekend, a source says.

The Emmerdale actor, who is dancing with Nina Ulanova, had already set his sights on the show's ultimate skating move earlier this month.

Meanwhile, Hollyoaks star Porter will also perform the stunt, despite having already successfully completed it with partner Matt Evers earlier this year.

"It's semi-final time and the pressure's on," a show insider told The Sun. "Everyone knows if you pull off the headbanger there is a strong chance the judges will reward you - and the public.

"The difference tomorrow is that with two couples doing it, the second one will be judged against the first."

Regarding Porter's chances of winning, the source added: "She's been doing really well but the nerves have been getting to her and making her stomach turn cartwheels. If she can just pull off the headbanger she will be in clover."

Wolfenden and Porter are the bookmakers' favourites to win the ITV competition, which ends next week.

Jennifer Ellison and Chico are the other contestants battling this weekend for a place in the grand final on March 25.

The Dancing on Ice semi-final airs between 7pm and 8.30pm on ITV1, with The Skate Off at 9.30pm.

Perdita
18-03-2012, 21:58
Jennifer Ellison has left Dancing On Ice

Perdita
19-03-2012, 06:05
Jennifer Ellison has become the latest celebrity to be voted out of Dancing on Ice.

The Brookside actress missed out on a place in next week's grand finale after landing in the bottom two when public votes and judges' scores were combined.

Following the skate-off, Louie Spence, Robin Cousins and Katarina Witt were all unanimous in saving fellow soap star Jorgie Porter.

Tearful upon hearing of her departure, the Liverpudlian told hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley: "I've loved every single minute of it.

"I just want to thank everyone for giving me the opportunity. Good luck to the other guys - this is the best year ever. It's going to be a cracking final."

Matthew Wolfenden, Chico and Porter are left to compete in next week's final, performing their favourite routines.

After one act is eliminated, the final two will give their versions of Torvill and Dean's famous Bolero.

The Dancing on Ice final airs Sunday (March 25) from 6.50pm on ITV1.

Perdita
20-03-2012, 09:54
Matthew Wolfenden is the bookmakers' favourite to triumph on this weekend's Dancing on Ice finale.

The Emmerdale star has been near the top of the judges' scores throughout the series and won immunity in yesterday's semi-final thanks to his performances on the ice.

Wolfenden is currently the 4/7 odds-on favourite to win the series, while former favourite Jorgie Porter has drifted to 2/1 after ending up in last night's skate-off.

X Factor star Chico, who replaced Chesney Hawkes on the show following an injury, is the outsider for the title. However, the singer's odds have been slashed considerably following his semi-final routines and punters can now get odds of 6/1 on him at Ladbrokes.

"We're confident Wolfenden will walk away as the Ice King. If he doesn't win it will be one of the biggest upsets in reality TV history," said a Ladbrokes rep.

"We can't write off Chico, though, he caused a huge upset by making the final and punters have latched on to the underdog."

The Dancing on Ice final takes place on Sunday, March 25 on ITV1.

megan999
20-03-2012, 16:25
I want Chico to win :D failing that, then Matthew W.

LostVoodoo
21-03-2012, 09:45
I want Chico or Jorgie, I always find Matthew's performances really dull!

Perdita
23-03-2012, 05:52
MATTHEW Wolfenden hopes to rain supreme in this weekend's Dancing On Ice final.

The Emmerdale star will be skating to Singing In The Rain for his showcase routine.

Meanwhile, Jorgie Porter, below, has made sure she's putting her best foot forward and is skating to her favourite Fallin' by Alicia Keys.

And she will perform her final showcase to Fame, which she has styled herself.

Jorgie, Matthew and Chico are still in the competition – all the stars are rehearsing for THREE dances each.

The top two stars will perform the Bolero – after Torvill and Dean open the show with the number.

alan45
26-03-2012, 01:12
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/12/618x877/realitytv_doi_final_1.jpg

The Emmerdale actor won more votes from the viewing public ahead of Jorgie Porter after they both danced their own versions of Torvill and Dean's famous bolero routine.

Wolfenden had finished in second place on the judge's leaderboard earlier in the evening with 58.5 points to Porter's 59.

However, he was highly praised for his self-made showcase of Gene Kelly's 'Singin' in the Rain, which gained him the first perfect 30 score of the series. Porter herself later got 30 points for her repeated 'Fallin'' routine.

A beaming Wolfenden said to hosts Philip Schofield and Christine Bleakley: "It's going to take a few days to sink in, I can't believe it."

"The first time I stepped on the ice, I thought I was going to be a laughing stock."

When asked about his time on the series earlier in the show, he said: "This has been the best experience of my life, if I got asked to do it again, I don't know if I would, it's has been hardest thing I've ever done."

His dance partner Nina Ulanova added: "It's something you can't describe in a few words, it's been the best six months of your life."

Runner-up Porter joked: "I just thought I'd get to wear crystals every weekend and that it would be a breeze. It's been so emotional, you never expect anything like this."

Porter's partner Matt Evers said: "It's been incredible once again, we've laughed so much, you can't stop her. There's nothing she's not been able to do."

Both Wolfenden and Porter were highly congratulated throughout the evening, with both of their bolero's given top marks by the judges.

Of Wolfenden's bolero routine, Louie Spence said: "It was superb, and by putting your own choreography in as well, you made it your own, beautiful."

A teary-eyed Jane Torvill said to Jorgie Porter: "You certainly did us proud, it was so beautiful, you looked like a ballerina."

Chico was eliminated from the competition earlier in the evening, finishing in third place.

megan999
28-03-2012, 15:24
Congratulations to Matthew W. :D

I am glad they did show dances this year instead of the high wire stuff.