PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor USA 2012

Perdita
03-11-2011, 06:32
The X Factor USA has been handed a second season by Fox.

The Simon Cowell talent contest has led the Fox network to momentous ratings victories despite having not yet reached the music mogul's target.

Cowell said in a statement: "I am absolutely thrilled with the news. I have loved making the show and I want to thank Fox, our sponsors and, most importantly, the fans for supporting The X Factor."

Meanwhile, Fox's president of alternative entertainment Mike Darnell said: "The X Factor is a monumental success.

"It's won every night it's been on the air, the talent is phenomenal, the live shows are spectacular and picking it up is a complete no-brainer.

"Simon and his team have done an incredible job with the show, and I'm absolutely thrilled to bring back The X Factor for another fantastic season."

Nicole Scherzinger, Paula Abdul and LA Reid sit alongside Cowell on the judging panel, while Steve Jones hosts.

Scherzinger had originally been hired to present alongside Jones, but was shifted to the panel after Cheryl Cole was ousted.

Perdita
09-01-2012, 10:02
X Factor USA will undergo "some changes" for its second season, according to Fox's entertainment chief Kevin Reilly.

The competition aired its debut season on the network last year, which saw 19-year-old singer Melanie Amaro crowned the winner at the December 22 finale.

Speaking at the TCA over the weekend, Reilly said that he was pleased with how the first season had performed but confirmed there would be some "changes" made to the second season, although he did not clarify what these changes would be.

When asked about host Steve Jones, he said: "The hosting gig, the only thing I will say, is, as we know, a much harder job than meets the eye.

"I think everyone has come to realise the value of a Ryan Seacrest. If you dialled the clock back 11 years, I'm not sure everybody in this room would have given him all the credit at that time. Those are very hard jobs to do. So whether Steve's the guy or not, it comes under the heading of 'growth' in general."

Reilly added: "There will be some tweaks to the show, but I'll tell you, I'm very happy to have it and it's gonna be part of us for a long time."

X Factor was renewed for a second season by the network in November.

Amaro won a record-breaking $5 million prize and the chance to star in a Pepsi Super Bowl commercial, to be aired during this year's event.

She recently signed for Epic Records where she will work alongside her mentor Simon Cowell and the label's CEO and chairman LA Reid, who also serves as an X Factor judge.

Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger make up the current judging panel.