PDA

View Full Version : Brit Awards 2012

Perdita
27-10-2011, 11:46
James Corden will present the Brit Awards for the third time next year.

The comedian and actor hosted the annual music awards ceremony last year and also shared presenting duties with his Gavin and Stacey co-star Mathew Horne in 2009.

Corden said in a statement: "I enjoyed presenting the show so much last year, so being asked back for the third time is a real honour.

"Ever since I was a teenager, I've loved the Brit Awards. As a music fan I feel totally privileged to have the best seat in the house. I can't wait."

Corden reportedly donated his appearance fee for last year's event to Comic Relief.

Artist Sir Peter Blake - who famously designed the album artwork for Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles - has been commissioned to create next year's Brits statuette after fashion designer Vivienne Westwood was given the design brief for this year's trophy.

Blake described the Brits as "[a] most important and exciting music event", adding that he was enjoying the challenge of designing the trophy.

The Brit Awards are due to take place at The O2 in London on February 21, 2012. Tinie Tempah and Arcade Fire were the major winners at this year's ceremony, taking home two prizes each.

lindsaymaine
03-11-2011, 09:42
I'll definitely watch it.

Perdita
13-01-2012, 06:46
Ed Sheeran leads this year's Brits nominations in four categories including best male, British breakthrough act, best single and best album. Here is the full nominations list.

British Male Solo Artist

Ed Sheeran

James Blake

James Morrison

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Professor Green

British Female Solo Artist

Adele

Florence & The Machine

Jessie J

Kate Bush

Laura Marling

British Breakthrough Act

Anna Calvi

Ed Sheeran

Emeli Sande

Jessie J

The Vaccines

British Group

Arctic Monkeys

Chase & Status

Coldplay

Elbow

Kasabian

British Single

Adele - Someone Like You

Ed Sheeran - The A Team

Example - Changed The Way You Kissed Me

Jessie J Ft B.o.B. - Price Tag

JLS Ft Dev - She Makes Me Wanna

Military Wives/Gareth Malone - Wherever You Are

Olly Murs Ft Rizzle Kicks - Heart Skips A Beat

One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

Pixie Lott - All About Tonight

The Wanted - Glad You Came

British Album of the Year

Adele - 21

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto

Ed Sheeran - +

Florence & The Machine - Ceremonials

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

International Male Solo Artist

Aloe Blacc

Bon Iver

Bruno Mars

David Guetta

Ryan Adams

International Female Solo Artist

Beyonce

Bjork

Feist

Lady Gaga

Rihanna

International Group

Fleet Foxes

Foo Fighters

Jay Z / Kanye West

Lady Antebellum

Maroon 5

International Breakthrough Act

Aloe Blacc

Bon Iver

Foster The People

Lana Del Rey

Nicki Minaj

British Producer

Paul Epworth

Flood

Ethan Johns

Outstanding Contribution To Music

Blur

Critics' Choice

Emeli Sande

Chloe O'brien
13-01-2012, 10:55
The British Male catergory will be a hard one to pick as Ed, James Morrison and Professor Green have all be outstanding this year.

tammyy2j
13-01-2012, 11:25
The British Male catergory will be a hard one to pick as Ed, James Morrison and Professor Green have all be outstanding this year.

I think Noel will steal it

lizann
13-01-2012, 16:19
Ed Sheeran's album is brillant hope he wins a few

I thought Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds was a band ???????

Perdita
26-01-2012, 06:08
Olly Murs is to play at this year's Brit Awards.

The former X Factor contestant, who is also among the nominees, joins Adele, Bruno Mars, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran on the list of performers.

Florence + the Machine, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Rihanna will also play at this year's event, which will be broadcast live on ITV1.

Murs received his second Brit Award nomination this year, making the list for his number one single 'Heart Skips A Beat'. Fellow UK acts Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and Adele are all in line for multiple awards.

Nominees were announced last week at an exclusive event at The Savoy, London, where Sheeran and Critics' Choice winner Emeli Sandé performed for attendees.

The 2012 Brit Awards will be held on February 21 at London's O2 Arena.

Katy
26-01-2012, 08:03
Ed Sheeran's album is brillant hope he wins a few

I thought Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds was a band ???????

It is a band but in the sense the other members are the guitarist pianist and drummer, so more backing artists. He is a solo artost in the fact he is a solo singer. i think of vocals were shared he wouldnt be in that catagory. I remember that all the pr surrounding the new album definitley promoted it as the beginnings of noels solo career

its a good album.

alan45
21-02-2012, 23:14
British Male Solo Artist
Ed Sheeran - WINNER!
James Blake
James Morrison
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Professor Green

British Female Solo Artist
Adele - WINNER!
Florence + the Machine
Jessie J
Kate Bush
Laura Marling

British Breakthrough Act
Anna Calvi
Ed Sheeran - WINNER!
Emeli Sandé
Jessie J
The Vaccines

British Group
Arctic Monkeys
Chase & Status
Coldplay - WINNER!
Elbow
Kasabian

British Single
Adele: 'Someone Like You'
Ed Sheeran: 'The A Team'
Example: 'Changed The Way You Kiss Me'
Jessie J feat B.o.B: 'Price Tag'
JLS feat Dev: 'She Makes Me Wanna'
Military Wives and Gareth Malone: 'Wherever You Are'
Olly Murs feat Rizzle Kicks: 'Heart Skips A Beat'
One Direction: 'What Makes You Beautiful' - WINNER!
Pixie Lott: 'All About Tonight'
The Wanted: 'Glad You Came'

Mastercard British Album Of The Year
Adele: 21 - WINNER!
Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto
Ed Sheeran: +
Florence + the Machine: Ceremonials
PJ Harvey: Let England Shake

International Male Solo Artist
Aloe Blacc
Bon Iver
Bruno Mars - WINNER!
David Guetta
Ryan Adams

International Female Solo Artist
Beyoncé
Bjork
Feist
Lady GaGa
Rihanna - WINNER!

International Group
Fleet Foxes
Foo Fighters - WINNER!
Jay Z and Kanye West
Lady Antebellum
Maroon 5

International Breakthrough Act
Aloe Blacc
Bon Iver
Foster The People
Lana Del Rey - WINNER!
Nicki Minaj

British Producer
Paul Epworth
Flood
Ethan Johns - WINNER!

Critics' Choice
Emeli Sandé - WINNER!

Outstanding Contribution To Music Award
Blur - WINNER

Tuareet
22-02-2012, 09:38
Can't believe after the big build up all through the program for British album of the year the way they cut off Adele!! So what if the news was a couple of minutes late, wouldn't have been the end of the world. :(

Perdita
22-02-2012, 09:44
ITV has released a statement apologising for cutting Adele off during her acceptance speech at the Brit Awards last night.

A spokesperson for the television network said that they had no choice but to ask host James Corden to stop the 'Rolling in the Deep' singer's speech short because they were "over-running", leading her to show her middle finger to the camera.

The Brit Awards published an official TV statement on their Twitter page, saying: "Evening all… We would like to say a few words about Adele's British Album acceptance speech tonight.

"We regret this happened and we send deepest apologies to Adele that her big moment was cut short tonight due to the live show over-running... We don't want this to undermine her incredible achievement in winning her incredible award... it tops off what's been an incredible year for her."

The ITV statement read: "The Brits is a live event, sadly the programme was over-running and we had to move on. We would like to apologise to Adele for the interruption."

Corden said after the awards ceremony: "I just feel bad about having to cut Adele off. I really don't understand quite why I was made to, but it's not a very nice way to end.

"I was having the best night of my life but then I had to cut Adele off before she had a chance to say thank you - she's the biggest star in the world."

Adele later defended herself for sticking her middle finger up after the incident, saying: "That was for the suits at the Brit Awards, not my fans. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the suits offended me."

lizann
23-02-2012, 10:51
british single
one direction: 'what makes you beautiful' - winner!

:eek::mad: how that happen?

tammyy2j
23-02-2012, 14:19
I liked Adele and Bruno Mars performances the best there was no outstanding duets except Chris Martin playing keyboards for Noel Gallagher

Chloe O'brien
24-02-2012, 12:18
:eek::mad: how that happen?

Loads of kiddies running up their parent's phone bill voting for them that's why.