PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2011

Perdita
02-10-2011, 18:36
I had my first Christmas present at the weekend :eek: and I have to admit, I have about 80% of the Christmas presents for this year sorted :D Seen the first Christmas stuff on sale last week in August in Spain :eek:

Chloe O'brien
02-10-2011, 23:15
Perdy don't rub it in. We were talking about getting organised at work as we don't want to get hit with the bad weather like we did last year. I never bought any cards last year and was still wrapping presents on Christmas eve. I so hope it doesn't happen again this year.

tammyy2j
03-10-2011, 12:00
Saw plenty of selection boxes on sale already in grocery shops at weekend

Siobhan
03-10-2011, 12:03
Lidl and Aldi over here has all their christmas decoration and sweets.. way way to early for Christmas... Halloween hasn't even come yet!!

Perdita
03-10-2011, 12:05
Lidl and Aldi over here has all their christmas decoration and sweets.. way way to early for Christmas... Halloween hasn't even come yet!!

They always start late August or ealry September at the latest !!

Katy
04-10-2011, 12:01
the lights are up in hyde centre and ive seen trees in quite a few pubs! im not impressed!

Chloe O'brien
09-10-2011, 00:29
Some of the shops are even selling snow shovels. I've seen what I want to get Riley and Skye for Christmas in Asda. Riley is the grand old age of two weeks old and Skye is 14 months old. Marley is off to spain next week for the October break so I'm starting my shopping while she is away.

Katy
11-10-2011, 00:31
we got the christmas music out at band last week! thats definitley the earliest i have ever started practicing for christmas!

Chloe O'brien
18-11-2011, 10:35
How's everyone's shopping going. Mines is not too bad. Still got a few things to get but it's just finding the time with working to get it done. Marley said last night. IT's offical it's nearly Christmas as the Coca-Cola advert was on telly last night. :D

Tuareet
18-11-2011, 12:41
Not doing too badly, although it's a struggle trying to get my son to tell me what he wants!

Perdita
24-11-2011, 06:28
Since last weekend, the outdoor lights have appeared in my neighbourhood and I see plenty of window decorations too. Not happening in my house before December for sure.

Katy
26-11-2011, 15:33
had my first carolling gig on thursday! the first of many! Christmas is a very busy time for a musician. Got one tonight as well.

Chloe O'brien
26-11-2011, 20:28
Can you believe one of the neighbours in the street have their decorations up already? They put them up on Thursday when the lights in town went up.

xcarlyx
27-11-2011, 19:15
Theres someone near me with lights up :/. I am totally not in the christmas mood this year not looking forward to it one bit. In the charity shop where I volunteer we've been selling christmas cards and christmas stock since September and quite frankly it's boring watching it now.

Chloe O'brien
02-12-2011, 23:44
I'm going to try and put the tree up tomorrow, still to buy cards and wrapping paper but been really busy this week with Marley being in a community panto and being on the picket line on Wednesday. By the time I get home from work at tea-time I can't be bothered thinking about wrapping presents. Still got some more shopping to do.