PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks spoilers week beginning 10th October

alan45
02-10-2011, 01:51
Meanwhile, Hollyoaks' Gilly Roach continues to struggle with life back in the village when he becomes the target of a vicious hate campaign.

Still living with Cheryl, Gilly is left stunned when he receives a threatening note which brands him a "rapist" and warns him to watch his back.

As Rhys has just lost his job at Chez Chez after insulting Gilly in front of the customers, Jacqui immediately jumps to the conclusion that he must be responsible for the note and their rift grows bigger.

However, Jacqui is later in for a surprise when she discovers that Rhys wasn't responsible after all. Who could the real culprit be?

tammyy2j
04-10-2011, 12:17
Monday 10/01/11

After being uninvited from the Costello wedding, Mitzeee decides to dish the dirt on Carl and Mercedes's affair in her book.
Meanwhile, desperate to become a boy, Jason gets his hands on some hormone blockers. However, Carl confiscates them, leaving Jason full of rage.
Elsewhere, Rhys struggles to work with Gilly.
Also today, Duncan's left heartbroken by the object of his affection, Kelly.

Tuesday 11/10/11

Warren's proud of Mitzeee - she's written up all the gory affair details in her book.
Meanwhile, afraid of what the extended Costello family will think of him at the wedding, Jason's not keen on coming. However, a heartfelt moment from Riley convinces him otherwise.
Elsewhere, Rhys brands Gilly a rapist in the middle of Chez Chez and gets the sack.
Also today, Duncan struggles to impress Kelly.

Wednesday 12/10/11

When Gilly becomes the victim of a vicious hate campaign, Jacqui thinks Rhys is responsible and their rift grows bigger.
Meanwhile, Lee makes an enemy in the village and is aghast to discover that she's Michaela McQueen - Amy's best mate.
Elsewhere, ahead of the big WAG wedding, Warren warns Doug to keep quiet about the affair. However, Doug hates lying to Riley and tells Seth to speak to his brother.
Also today, Ricky encourages Duncan not to give up on love.

Thursday 13/10/11

Warren demands £50,000 from Carl to keep quiet about the affair.
Later, Doug puts pressure on Seth to tell Riley the truth, but Seth refuses - he wants Warren to blackmail Carl to teach his dad a lesson.
Meanwhile, as the McQueens prepare for the wedding of the year, Jacqui's stunned to learn that Rhys isn't behind Gilly's hate campaign, so who is?
Also today, Lee shocks Amy with the news that he's got a job in New York, while Duncan plucks up the courage to ask Kelly out.

Friday 14/10/11

It's the day before the wedding, and Mercedes is amazed as Riley surprises her with their dream house - he's bought it for them.
However, Carl soon bursts Mercy's bubble - she needs to get £20,000 to help pay Warren.
Meanwhile, Warren takes Mitzeee's affair-filled books to the wedding venue - one for every guest. As the wedding party prepare for the impending nuptials, we're left wondering if Mercedes will get her perfect day…
Elsewhere, Rhys and Jacqui find a way to talk, but their marriage still needs time to heal.

lizann
05-10-2011, 14:25
Should be good it is wedding week

Perdita
14-10-2011, 05:37
Hollyoaks is about to air one of its most highly-anticipated episodes of the year as Riley Costello and Mercedes McQueen's wedding day finally arrives.

In the build-up to the big event, viewers have seen lies, deceit and blackmail revolving around Mercedes's affair with Riley's dad Carl, and with a number of characters threatening to expose the shocking secret at the ceremony, there could be fireworks ahead.

Here, actor Rob Norbury - who plays Riley - chats to Digital Spy about the wedding drama in store.

What was it like to film the big wedding episode?
"It was really good. It sounds odd, but sometimes we don't get many scenes where it's all of the Costellos together - there's often scenes where we're split up, or there's just two or three of us together. So for the wedding, it was nice for us to all come together and enjoy the big day!"

In the build-up to the wedding, we've seen lots of lies and secrecy involving many of Riley's loved ones. Does he have any suspicions that something isn't quite right?
"To be honest, I think Riley is wrapped up in his own issues at the moment. He's focusing on whether Jason will go to the wedding, he's had a showdown with Mitzeee, as well as all of the organisation and plans involved. Riley's excited, he's trying to enjoy it and be an adult about it. He's a bit too busy to spot anything suspicious!"

As Riley is only 19, how strong do you think his feelings for Mercedes are?
"I think while he's been caught up in all of this, his feelings have been very strong. He loves her to bits and he thinks that she's everything. But at the same time, with Riley being so young, there may be a degree of it just being puppy love.

"If the truth did come out about Mercedes and Carl, when all's said and done, the hurt would probably stem more from the deceit and the fact that his dad was involved, rather than Mercedes being the love of his life."

Hollyoaks fans have been looking forward to the wedding for some time. Do you think it'll be worth the wait?
"In my eyes, it was definitely worth the wait. Being part of a soap wedding is a big thing, and everyone at work has been really excited and positive about these episodes. Hopefully they should be good!"

We've always seen Riley as a nice guy. Could that change if the truth comes out at the wedding?
"Yeah, I think if anyone ever found out a secret like this, it would be very difficult for them to stay calm, nice and quiet! On the whole, Riley has been quite a nice, calm and laid-back guy - he's very relaxed and just happy to go with the flow most of the time. But if he does find out the truth, I think it could be one of the first times that we see Riley really lose it."

Do you think the fact that so many people know the secret is worse than the betrayal itself?
"Well, the fact that so many people know is really embarrassing. That would have to be a real sore point for anybody in a situation like this! It's hard to deal with this kind of thing at the best of times, but with everybody knowing about it, that makes it a lot more embarrassing."

You've said in the past that you really enjoy working with Jen Metcalfe, so whatever happens, are you hoping you'll continue to share scenes together?
"Working with Jen has definitely been great because she's just spot on. It's great to work with somebody who cares about the job and wants to do their best. After so many years here, she definitely knows what she's doing and she's amazing.

"It'd be nice to keep working with Jen, but at the same time, it's always great to keep things fresh and work with new people. That can often bring out new sides in a character. Sometimes if you work too much with one person, it can become a bit stagnant, but if things get mixed up it can make it more exciting for the viewers."

There's a great advert airing on Channel 4 and E4 at the moment for the wedding. What was that like to film?
"It was really good! If you look at the spoiler pictures, you'll see that the real wedding is quite a light and bright affair, so then to film that advert in pitch black with everything so dark and moody was a bit mental but really fun. We all had to try hard to keep happy, because it all felt a bit miserable!"

In Hollyoaks Later, we saw that there's a spark between Riley and Mitzeee. What do you think their feelings are for each other?
"I don't think either of them know, to be honest! We'll have to wait and see. Maybe there is something there between them, but I don't think either of them are ready to admit it at the moment and I don't know what circumstances would arise where they would ever admit it! Who knows?"

Warren Fox has caused a lot of trouble for Riley, but in real life, will you be sad to see Jamie Lomas leave the show?
"Oh yeah, I'll be gutted to see Jay go. We've done quite a lot of scenes together, especially recently with the late-night episodes. We've got quite similar interests, too. Jamie has obviously made Warren into a big character - they brought him back from the dead, so he must have been doing something right!

"With Victoria Atkin leaving too, that's two people who I've worked with quite closely who are leaving. But they both want to go on and do different things, which I can completely understand."

Are you excited about what's in store for the Silas storyline over the next few weeks?
"Definitely. Watching Jeff Rawle is great at any time, so it'll be interesting to see what's in store. Hopefully I'll have a little part in it at some point. Whenever that storyline comes to a head, I'm sure it'll be amazing."

Miles Higson, who plays Seth, had a lot of praise for his scenes in Hollyoaks Later this year. Were you proud of him?
"Definitely. For me, Miles was the stand-out in the late-night episodes this year. He was unbelievable. I told him at the time, when we were filming it, that he was killing it and then I sent him a little text to tell him again when I saw it on screen. Especially because he's a young lad, I thought it was important to make sure he knew how good it was.

"The storyline Miles did was a really tough one to film because when you're 18 years old, you haven't been through the traumas that were happening there. I thought Miles did an absolutely fantastic job."

Is it nice to have some more new faces on set at the moment?
"It is, and they've all settled in really well. We've all been out for a few drinks and a few meals together. I've been watching the new characters' scenes on telly and it all looks really good. I think the public will love them and it's always nice when new people come in because it keeps the show fresh and exciting."

Hollyoaks' wedding episode airs tonight at 7pm on E4 and Monday at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Perdita
14-10-2011, 05:39
Hollyoaks' reformed bad boy Doug Carter faces a terrible dilemma in the soap's big wedding episode as he considers whether to put his own safety at risk in a bid to stay loyal to his friend Riley Costello.

As Riley prepares to marry Mercedes McQueen, Doug is aware that the wannabe WAG cheated on the naïve footballer with her future father-in-law Carl.

Although Doug wants to reveal all, dangerous Warren Fox has warned him to keep his nose out as he's keen to keep his own vicious blackmail scheme on track. However, with the clock ticking down and Riley about to exchange his vows with Mercedes, will Doug crack and expose the truth at the ceremony?

Here, actor PJ Brennan - who plays Doug - chats to Digital Spy about the wedding episode.

Have you enjoyed being part of the big wedding storyline?
"Definitely. I didn't realise early on that it would be such a big storyline for the year, but it's grown and grown over time and now it's going to be a big moment for the show.

"To be a part of it has been absolutely fantastic, especially getting to work with different cast members like Jamie Lomas, who plays Warren. Doug often ends up in scenes with the bad boys, and it was nice to get a bit more screen time with Jamie."

What's going through Doug's mind as the wedding approaches?
"I think it's very complicated because Doug doesn't want to be the one to say anything to Riley. That's partly because of the threats coming from Warren, but also because Seth knows and Doug thinks that the news would be better coming from Riley's own brother.

"Also, I think Doug is very separate from the truth of the matter. He knows the secret, but only by chance, while Seth knows all of the people and circumstances involved. That adds to Doug's belief that Seth should be the one to tell the truth, because he's the one with first-hand information about it."

Does that change as time goes on?
"Well, as it gets closer and closer to the moment, I think Doug realises that it's do or die, and it might just have to be him that is the bearer of bad news. As much as Doug doesn't want to be that person, he might have to be. Doug values his friendship with Riley far too much to just stand by and do nothing."

How worried is Doug about Warren's threats?
"Very worried! Doug isn't aware of the fact that Warren is a killer, but because of the stuff that happened in the late-night episodes, he definitely believes Warren when he's threatening to break his legs - or to go even further! It's definitely not just an empty threat. Doug realises that Warren is a dangerous person who could kill him over this, so the threats feel very real.

"I tried to bear that in mind when I was playing the scenes, because it made it feel a lot more dramatic. The big question is whether Doug's friendship with Riley is strong enough to overpower those threats…"

Doug has done some bad things in the past himself, so do you think there's a sense that he's always trying to redeem himself in situations like this?
"Definitely. I think that ever since that turning point happened where Doug let go of the past that he had, he's been constantly aware of keeping on the straight and narrow. Ever since his return, that's what Doug has been focused on.

"Doug's had a few missteps, but something like his friendship with Riley is so important for him. There's no part of it that's based on dirty dealings or anything like that, and it's a friendship that's very important for Doug to maintain. I do think that Doug's actions are always influenced by the fact that, at one point, he was a person who hurt other people and didn't make the best choices."

Due to this storyline, you've been working a lot with Miles Higson (Seth) for the first time. Have you enjoyed getting some screen time with him?
"Yes - Miles is one of my best friends on the show, so it's been nice to work with him a bit more. I think the Doug and Seth friendship has been really nice to explore, too. The two characters seem to blend very well together.

"It's nice to see Seth's character take a turn as well - he's delving a little bit deeper into the more sinister side of things. I think Seth is a great character. He's one of the more normal characters on the show, so I think he's someone that the audience can empathise with. I think Doug is too, so it's quite a nice pairing."

What was it like to film the dark and sinister wedding advert that we've seen on Channel 4 and E4 recently?
"It was great! I mean, I'm only in it for about 0.2 seconds and I wasn't there for the whole day, but it was great. I was excited to be part of it. I remember watching last year's Fire Week promo on TV and thinking that I would love to be part of something like that. So when I found out that I was going to be involved in this promo, I was absolutely ecstatic.

"I think it turned out really, really well. I've just been home briefly back to Brooklyn, and I made my parents watch it about four times, because I love it! And if I was an audience member, that would have definitely got me interested in tuning in, so I think it did everything it needed to do and a bit more."

After such a big build-up, is the wedding going to be worth the wait for viewers?
"Oh yeah, it's a perfect, perfect wedding for a soap opera. All of the players come together and gather at the right moment, and the tension rises perfectly. We've seen a great build-up recently, but in the wedding episode itself, I do think the audience will absolutely love what happens.

"It's quite unexpected as well - there are a few surprises! The viewers are going to love it and I honestly think it's all been worth the wait."

Hollyoaks' wedding episode airs tonight at 7pm on E4 and Monday at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

alan45
25-10-2011, 01:19
Hollyoaks' Doug Carter has another big week ahead as he gets thrown right back into the centre of the Silas storyline in the coming days.

After months of having her claims about the serial killer dismissed, Lynsey Nolan is thrilled as Doug starts to listen to her this week. Having had Bex - the love of his life - snatched away by Silas, could Doug prove to be the unlikely ally that Lynsey needs?

As you may remember, we interviewed PJ Brennan - who plays Doug - about all the drama of the WAG wedding earlier this month, but we also had time for some extra questions about Silas, Brendan and more. Here, we present some bonus bits from our recent chat…

The Silas storyline is really hotting up now and Doug is getting back involved. Are you glad to be playing a part in the story again?
"Absolutely. It's been a long time coming, and when I found out that I was going to be involved in the storyline again, I was very, very happy. The biggest thing that's happened to Doug on the show so far has been losing his girlfriend at the hands of Silas, so to be involved in the storyline again has been great, especially as it's now reaching its climax."

Have you enjoyed watching the Silas storyline yourself as a viewer?
"Definitely - I think the storyline has been fantastic. I think Jeff Rawle and Karen Hassan have been incredible - really watchable on screen. So to work with them again has been really enjoyable."

Whatever happens, Silas's guilt will have to be revealed at some point. Do you think we'll see a scene where Doug apologises to Brendan for wrongly accusing him?
"You might! There might be a chance of that, but I can't give any definitive answers. There's definitely unfinished business between Brendan and Doug and we are exploring that at some point, so if you keep tuning in, you might just end up seeing something along those lines. There's absolutely still things to be said between the two of them.

"And I think Doug is a character who would want to apologise. Even though Brendan is still not the greatest person, Doug is quite a moral person and when the truth is revealed, there would be a part of him that would feel guilty about accusing him so blindly."

Doug seems to be a popular character among Hollyoaks' online fans. Why do you think that is?
"I think it's because he's a bit of an underdog! Doug definitely seems to get himself involved in situations that are not his choice or not of his making, and people seem to empathise with that. He's a character who always seems to be in a pickle, so maybe the audience pity him for that and he's someone who they can root for. I'm very flattered by the positive reaction but I think it's more a credit to the writing and the show itself."

Some of those fans were worried recently when Doug disappeared from the opening titles. Is he definitely sticking around?
"I can safely say that Doug isn't going anywhere for the near future. The titles situation is just because we're in a big transition period between characters entering and leaving, and there are loads of characters on the show at the moment. But, if what I've heard is true, it should soon be consolidated back into one set of credits. Either way, though, he's sticking around and you should hopefully start seeing a bit more of him too. He's hopefully becoming a slightly bigger player in the show."

Are you enjoying working with Hollyoaks' new producer Emma Smithwick?
"She's fantastic, she really is. She's really approachable and I think she's got some great ideas for the show. Her excitement is contagious. We had a little work party a few weeks ago where she gave a little talk, and I think we can all safely say that we're all really motivated and excited about the future of Hollyoaks because of her. She's exactly what the show needs, I think."

Which cast members would you like to start working with more?
"On a personal level, I do love working with Ashley Taylor Dawson, and I also like the rapport that Doug and Darren have within the show. I'd also like to work more with Bronagh Waugh, as Cheryl is a great character and I love the energy she has on screen - I think Doug and Cheryl having some scenes together would be a nice little pairing. But I'm someone who gets excited about working with new people every day, so any excuse to work with someone I haven't worked with before is exciting for me."

In real life, Alice Barlow (Rae) is your housemate. What did you make of her big death scene in Hollyoaks Later?
"I was speechless! We all watched it together when the episode went out. I think Alice is one of the most incredible actresses and she's only going to go higher and higher in this world. Rae's last scene was almost unwatchable because it was done so well.

"Alice's performance was fantastic. She built it perfectly throughout the episode as well, so by the time that final scene took place, the audience empathised and really invested in her character. So then to have her so violently taken away, I just thought it was a perfect construction for that story. Alice was incredible."