PDA

View Full Version : Broadband dongle

Abigail
28-09-2011, 21:28
Hi folks,

I'm probably moving house in the next week and I need some advice about broadband.

Basically the guy works for an internet marketing company so he has his own private connection for safety and security. My bedroom will have a phone line so I either have a router and wifi or I buy a dongle. I'm tending towards the dongle as I don't know how long I will be staying there for and I don't want a 12 month contract on wired internet.

So who does the best deal on dongles? I spend roughly five to seven hours online a day and also download about 1GB of tv programs a week. I don't know what size I would need. Please help me figure this out, I find this stuff confusing. Thanks.

alan45
29-09-2011, 00:51
IMHO a dongle would be a bad idea if you spend hat long on the net every day. Downloading a GB of tv each week would be 4GB a month on top of all the other stuff you download would make this a bad idea. You also have to think of the speeds as well. Consider a contract with the likes of O2 for wifi. Most contracts an be moved to another address. Even over a year i think it would still work out cheaper