PDA

View Full Version : Inside Soap Awards 2011

Perdita
18-09-2011, 11:03
The nominees for this year's Inside Soap Awards have been revealed.

The full list of nominations was revealed in July but has now been cut down to just four potential winners per category.

At next week's ceremony, EastEnders actress Jessie Wallace will go head-to-head with Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly, Hollyoaks star Claire Cooper and Emmerdale's Pauline Quirke in the 'Best Actress' category.

Shane Richie from EastEnders has been nominated as 'Best Actor', alongside Coronation Street's Chris Gascoyne, Hollyoaks actor Emmett J Scanlan and Danny Miller from Emmerdale.

The 'Sexiest Female' category consists of Michelle Keegan, Jennifer Metcalfe, Sammy Winward and Jo Joyner, while the 'Sexiest Male' could be Keith Duffy, Danny Mac, Danny Miller or Scott Maslen.

Inside Soap editor Steven Murphy told the Daily Star: "With tram crashes, baby swaps, wedding day revenges and serial killers, it's been a rollercoaster year for the soaps. We can't wait to find out who our Inside Soap magazine readers have named as their favourites this year.

"The competition is tougher than ever, so it could go any way when those envelopes are finally opened. The Inside Soap Awards is always a great night, and those soap stars just love to celebrate, so I'm looking forward to a really fantastic evening."

Fans can vote on the Inside Soap website right up until the awards show on Monday, 26 September.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

Best Actor
Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) Coronation Street
Scott Maslen (Jack Branning) EastEnders
Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy) Emmerdale
Emmett J Scanlan (Brendan Brady) Hollyoaks

Best Actress
Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald) Coronation Street
Jessie Wallace (Kat Moon) EastEnders
Pauline Quirke (Hazel Rhodes) Emmerdale
Claire Cooper (Jacqui Ashworth) Hollyoaks

Best Young Actor
Alex Bain (Simon Barlow) Coronation Street
Maisie Smith (Tiffany Butcher) EastEnders
Joe-Warren Plant (Jacob Gallagher) Emmerdale
Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham) Hollyoaks

Best Newcomer
Paula Lane (Kylie Platt) Coronation Street
Steve John Shepherd (Michael Moon) EastEnders

Funniest Performance
Patti Clare (Mary Taylor) Coronation Street
Tameka Empson (Kim Fox) EastEnders
Gillian Wright (Jean Slater) EastEnders
Bronagh Waugh (Cheryl Brady) Hollyoaks

Sexiest Male
Keith Duffy (Ciaran McCarthy) Coronation Street
Danny Mac (Dodger Savage) Hollyoaks

Sexiest Female
Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) Coronation Street
Jo Joyner (Tanya Jessop) EastEnders
Sammy Winward (Katie Sugden) Emmerdale
Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes Fisher) Hollyoaks

Best Wedding
Roy and Hayley Cropper Coronation Street
Tamwar Masood and Afia Khan EastEnders
Chas Dingle and Carl King Emmerdale
Gilly Roach and Steph Cunningham Hollyoaks

parkerman
18-09-2011, 11:12
When you go on the site to vote it still has the full list...

alan45
18-09-2011, 12:39
When you go on the site to vote it still has the full list...You don't mean to say you are actually going to vote in this. Its obvious who the winners will be.

parkerman
18-09-2011, 12:49
Yes, I'm voting for Peggy, Phil, Kym Marsh and Kate Ford...

alan45
18-09-2011, 13:02
Yes, I'm voting for Peggy, Phil, Kym Marsh and Kate Ford...

Thought you might :D

alan45
25-09-2011, 15:24
EastEnders star Jessie Wallace will reportedly win 'Best Actress' at this year's Inside Soap Awards.

The actress, who plays Kat Moon in the BBC One soap, secured the accolade after receiving the most votes from Inside Soap magazine readers, reports the Daily Star Sunday

Wallace won't be at tomorrow's ceremony to collect the award, but her EastEnders co-stars will instead accept it on her behalf.

Should the rumour be true, she will beat Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald), Hollyoaks star Claire Cooper (Jacqui McQueen) and Emmerdale's Pauline Quirke (Hazel Rhodes) to the title.

A soap source said: "Kat Moon has only been back in Albert Square a year - but what a year it's been for her. The soap's controversial baby-swap storyline was one of the most talked about ever and once again Jessie pulled off some amazing performances.

"Kat has always been one of the most popular characters in the soap world and since her return she's become even more of an icon. Everyone is excited to see what happens next for Kat and of course husband Alfie."

She recently won 'Best Soap Actress' at the TV Choice awards as well as winning 'Best Actress' at the British Soap Awards in May and All About Soap's Bubble Awards back in March.

Quelle Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet I can predict the other winners of this EE Fanclub Award :moonie::sick:

Perdita
26-09-2011, 11:26
Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has credited her character's "feisty" nature for her string of 'Sexiest Female' triumphs.

The actress, who plays Rovers barmaid Tina McIntyre, has won the title at various award ceremonies during her time at the show and has been tipped to pick up the prize for the third year running at tonight's Inside Soap Awards.

Keegan told The Sun: "Tina being feisty makes people vote for her. It's a huge compliment and I pinch myself, I'm so flattered.

"Since day one, I haven't changed how I am or what I wear. I don't really want to wear lots of make-up, even on nights out I don't get too over-the-top glammed. I don't feel that pressure to ooze sexiness. I go to Tesco in baggy jumpers.

"I'm constantly wearing jeans and a top and I've always got my hair up. I don't wear it down a lot of the time. Tina always wears tinted moisturiser and mascara and that's what I wear."

Keegan also pledged her future to Coronation Street, confirming recent reports that she is signing a new contract.

"I've never put a time limit on being in Corrie. I've been here four years and have no plans to leave," she said. "Hopefully they'll have me a bit longer. I still really enjoy it. I still pinch myself because I'm working on Corrie. I grew up watching it so it's unbelievable."

tammyy2j
26-09-2011, 12:04
Come on Emmerdale

alan45
26-09-2011, 12:35
Come on Emmerdale

I agree but they are hardly likely to win anything in this so called awards ceremony. The vast majority of prizes will as usual go to Deadenders as that is the main readership of this magazine. It has always shown an EE Bias

Perdita
26-09-2011, 17:36
EastEnders has been handed the 'Best Soap' prize at the Inside Soap Awards.

For the second year running, the show was the biggest winner at the ceremony, taking home five gongs ahead of Coronation Street's three.

As leaked yesterday, Jessie Wallace scooped the 'Best Actress' gong for her portrayal of Queen Vic matriarch Kat Slater.

Emmerdale's Danny Miller retained his respective titles of 'Best Actor' as Aaron Livesy in the village serial and 'Best Dramatic Performance' for his involvement in Jackson's assisted suicide scene.

Coronation Street bagged the 'Outstanding Achievement' award for its tram crash storyline and 50th anniversary live episode.

Elsewhere in the ceremony, Waterloo Road won 'Best Drama', while Home and Away was awarded 'Best Daytime Soap'.

alan45
26-09-2011, 18:12
EastEnders has been handed the 'Best Soap' prize at the Inside Soap Awards.

For the second year running, the show was the biggest winner at the ceremony, taking home five gongs ahead of Coronation Street's three.

As leaked yesterday, Jessie Wallace scooped the 'Best Actress' gong for her portrayal of Queen Vic matriarch Kat Slater.

What a totally unexpected result.

Perdita
26-09-2011, 18:22
Digital Spy presents the full winners' list from the Inside Soap Awards 2011.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

Best Actor
Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) Coronation Street
Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy) Emmerdale - WINNER!

Best Actress
Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald) Coronation Street
Jessie Wallace (Kat Moon) EastEnders - WINNER!
Claire Cooper (Jacqui Ashworth) Hollyoaks

Best Young Actor
Alex Bain (Simon Barlow) Coronation Street
Maisie Smith (Tiffany Butcher) EastEnders - WINNER!
Joe-Warren Plant (Jacob Gallagher) Emmerdale
Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham) Hollyoaks

Best Newcomer
Paula Lane (Kylie Platt) Coronation Street
Steve John Shepherd (Michael Moon) EastEnders
Emmett J Scanlan (Brendan Brady) Hollyoaks - WINNER!

Funniest Performance
Patti Clare (Mary Taylor) Coronation Street
Tameka Empson (Kim Fox) EastEnders - WINNER!
Gillian Wright (Jean Slater) EastEnders
Bronagh Waugh (Cheryl Brady) Hollyoaks

Sexiest Male
Keith Duffy (Ciaran McCarthy) Coronation Street
Danny Mac (Dodger Savage) Hollyoaks - WINNER!

Sexiest Female
Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) Coronation Street - WINNER!
Jo Joyner (Tanya Jessop) EastEnders
Sammy Winward (Katie Sugden) Emmerdale
Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes Fisher) Hollyoaks

Best Wedding
Roy and Hayley Cropper Coronation Street
Tamwar Masood and Afia Khan EastEnders - WINNER!
Chas Dingle and Carl King Emmerdale
Gilly Roach and Steph Cunningham Hollyoaks

Best Exit
Bill Tarmey (Jack Duckworth) Coronation Street - WINNER!
Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning) EastEnders
Marc Silcock (Jackson Walsh) Emmerdale
Carley Stenson (Steph Roach) Hollyoaks

Best Dramatic Performance
Jane Danson (Leanne's wedding to Peter, live episode) Coronation Street
Steve McFadden (Phil on drugs) EastEnders
Danny Miller (Jackson's choice) Emmerdale - WINNER!
Kieron Richardson (Ste's domestic abuse) Hollyoaks

Best Daytime Soap
Doctors
Home and Away - WINNER!
Neighbours

Best Daytime Star
Matthew Chambers (Dr Daniel Granger) Doctors
Esther Anderson (Charlie Buckton) Home and Away
Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi) Neighbours - WINNER!
Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy) Neighbours

Best Drama
Casualty
Holby City
Waterloo Road - WINNER!

Outstanding Achievement
Coronation Street

Best Soap
Coronation Street
EastEnders - WINNER!
Emmerdale
Hollyoaks

Perdita
27-09-2011, 16:19
Channel 5 bosses have expressed delight after their Australian soaps Home and Away and Neighbours took home both of the daytime prizes at the Inside Soap Awards 2011 last night.

As announced yesterday evening, Home and Away beat off competition from Neighbours and Doctors to be named 'Best Daytime Soap' at the event in Camden, London.

Meanwhile, Neighbours favourite Ryan Moloney (Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi) triumphed over castmate Jackie Woodburne, Home and Away actress Esther Anderson and Doctors actor Matthew Chambers in the 'Best Daytime Star' category.

Greg Barnett - Channel 5's commissioning editor for entertainment, daytime and soaps - said today: "We're absolutely delighted Home and Away, in its 24th year, has received this accolade from UK viewers.

"The series has had incredible drama content this year from the ongoing misbehavings of the River Boys to Marilyn's baby drama. The characters and stories seem to have really resonated with viewers."

Of Moloney's win, Barnett added: "Neighbours, in its 26th year, has always had a special place in the hearts of UK viewers and Ryan has been a favourite since he first stepped on to Ramsay Street 15 years ago.

"In the last year, he's been at the centre of dramatic and humourous storylines which he's played out terrifically. It's a great testament to him that he's still a firm favourite with UK viewers."

EastEnders was the biggest winner on the night, taking home five prizes including 'Best Soap'.

lizann
28-09-2011, 12:51
What a load of bs

Perdita
06-10-2011, 13:16
Emmerdale's Danny Miller has confessed he bragged about his double win at the Inside Soap Awards to rival Ryan Thomas.
The soap star - who won best actor and best dramatic performance as Aaron Livesy for the second year in a row - revealed to Inside Soap magazine that he teased the Corrie actor over his victory for Emmerdale.
Danny said: "The first person I told was Ryan Thomas. I was on the phone to him when the press office called to say I'd won, so I had to call him back afterwards. I rubbed his face in it a bit!
"He was taking the mickey out of me for it, and there was a little bit of banter going back and forth between us."
The actor said he was shocked to win again, but feels Emmerdale is often overlooked at awards ceremonies, so he was pleased to be able to dedicate it to his co-stars.
Danny said: "I believe that a lot of the time, Emmerdale doesn't get the recognition it should be getting, so it's nice if even one of us can win and dedicate it to the whole show."

PA