PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars 2012 (Series 13)

Perdita
30-08-2011, 06:57
The cast for the new season of Dancing with the Stars has been revealed.

Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke Charvet made the announcement during this week's episode of Bachelor Pad on ABC.

David Arquette told Bergeron that he decided to take part in the show because of a love of dancing, saying: "Well, I love to dance and I love to entertain and there's no place better than this show to do that... I'm looking for positive things in my life and dancing makes me happy."

Talkshow host Ricki Lake played down any advantage that her musical theatre past may give her, saying: "You're kidding, I was 18 years old, that was 1988, I was 200lb and I was faking it! I assure you, I do not have an edge here."

Lake played Tracey Turnblad in the original film version of Hairspray.

Writer and LGBT rights activist Chaz Bono described the competition as "daunting", while broadcaster Nancy Grace quipped that she aims to avoid "falling on my booty".

The full celebrity cast for season 13 of Dancing with the Stars is as follows:
David Arquette - actor/director
Ron Artest - basketball player, LA Lakers
Chaz Bono - writer, entertainer and LGBT activist
Kristin Cavallari - reality TV star
Elisabetta Canalis - actress
Nancy Grace - legal commentator/former special prosecutor
Rob Kardashian - reality TV star
Carson Kressley - fashion expert and TV presenter
Ricki Lake - talkshow host
JR Martinez - actor/retired soldier
Chynna Phillips - singer with Wilson Phillips/actress
Hope Solo - professional soccer player
The full lineup of professional dancers will be announced on Good Morning America this Wednesday, August 31. However, Chelsie Hightower confirmed on Twitter that she will not be taking part this season, writing: "Hey guys hate to inform you [that] I will not be on the show this season, but or lots of other exciting things im working on! (sic)"

American football player Hines Ward won the last season of Dancing with the Stars with professional partner Kym Johnson earlier this year.

Dancing with the Stars returns with a two-hour premiere episode on Monday, September 19 at 8/7c on ABC.

tammyy2j
30-08-2011, 11:02
Not a great line up this year