PDA

View Full Version : Harvey Ryan

Perdita
01-08-2011, 14:06
Hunk Marcus Graham joins the cast of Home and Away as Harvey Ryan.

Harvey Ryan is big on sailing, boating and all things to do with the sea. Brought up all his life in Summer Bay - he runs a local fishing charter.

Harvey is a big fish in a small pond and more than capable of winning a woman over with his smile, his easy charm and his blokey boatie ways.

He's also more than capable of making enemies and will get on the wrong side of many of Summer Bay's locals including Romeo Smith.

Romeo is convinced that Harvey trashed his boat in an attempt to sink his business. Then, when he finds Harvey stealing his clients and blatantly copying his business ideas, Romeo decides to play rough and reports Harvey to the police as a suspect in the vandalism of the boat.

The gloves are off and both men settle in for a war. But when Elijah inadvertently gives evidence to clear Harvey of the crime, Romeo apologises to Harvey. But it's too late. Harvey isn't interested in apologies and has just complained to the council about the fact Romeo and Alf don't have a permit for their mooring. Will this be the end of Romeo's fledgling business?

Marcus can be seen on-air from 7pm Wednesday 10th August. He is still well-remembered for his role as Wheels in E-Street and is currently appearing in ABC's Crownies.

Perdita
03-08-2011, 19:28
I think him and Irene would make a nice couple :D

tammyy2j
04-08-2011, 12:41
Looks a tad too young for Irene

Perdita
04-08-2011, 14:46
Looks a tad too young for Irene

There is about 11 years age gap between the actors. What is wrong with Irene having a toy boy? :p

tammyy2j
04-08-2011, 15:27
There is about 11 years age gap between the actors. What is wrong with Irene having a toy boy? :p

Knowing H&A Charlie will probably be dropping her knickers for him asap

Perdita
03-09-2012, 18:26
Home and Away's Harvey Ryan will have a difficult confession to make after sleeping with his ex-wife Mel in a forthcoming storyline.

Fans in Australia will soon see Harvey left devastated when he spots his fiancée Roo Stewart (Georgie Parker) sharing a warm embrace with her ex-boyfriend Tim (Jonny Pasvolsky).

Although Roo's actions are entirely innocent, Harvey gets the wrong idea and immediately leaves Summer Bay to visit his daughter Lottie in the city, needing an escape.

However, when it turns out that Lottie is away at a school camp, Harvey ends up alone with Mel (Allison Cratchley) - who takes the chance to make a move on him.

Marcus Graham, who plays Harvey, told TV Week: "He wants some emotional security or some love. He's feeling really messed up and doesn't know what to do. Mel has always had unresolved feelings for him, and I think she sees an opportunity and takes it."

After sleeping with Mel, Harvey is rocked the next morning when he discovers that Roo and Tim have not reunited after all.

Harvey initially hopes to keep his own mistake quiet, but soon realises that he must come clean with Roo.

Graham added: "Harvey wants to be honest and upfront and he thinks, 'I'll come clean and we'll deal with what happens'."

Harvey makes his confession next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in November on Channel 5 in the UK.

Perdita
27-01-2014, 11:38
Home and Away star Marcus Graham has revealed that his character Harvey Ryan will struggle to cope following his traumatic experience at sea.

Australian viewers saw Harvey delight wife Roo at the end of last year, when he turned up in Summer Bay after being feared dead for weeks.

However, it soon becomes clear to Roo (Georgie Parker) and his friends that there is something very wrong with Harvey.

Graham said to TV Week: "I think he's completely freaked out by being deserted at sea, and the near-death experience of it. He was completely isolated for a few months on an island and he has got post-traumatic stress.

"He can't communicate. He doesn't know how to articulate what happened to him, or where to start. He's completely lost.

"Everyone is doing their best to help. But, the more people want him to be fine, the greater the gap is between him and there."

Graham also revealed that Harvey's inability to move on from his traumatic experience could have devastating consequences for his relationship with Roo.

He said: "Harvey is not happy in the Bay because he is not happy with himself. He is at a crisis point. He really just needs to have some therapy.

"It's very confusing for Roo. She's so pleased to have her husband back but she doesn't understand what is going on. She thinks she could be losing her husband all over again.

"It feels like everything is wrong in his life. But, when he finally reveals the extent of his pain, Roo is devastated."
Get the Inside Soap magazine on your iPhone or iPad

Perdita
03-03-2014, 10:50
Home and Away star Marcus Graham has said that his character Harvey Ryan's departure from Summer Bay is sad.

The actor has bowed out of the soap on Australian screens after two and a half years of playing Harvey.

Viewers have seen Harvey's relationship with wife Roo reach crisis point since he returned after getting lost at sea.

As Harvey failed to be able to move past his traumatic experience, the couple eventually realised that they needed a divorce.

Graham said to TV Week. "It's a bit sad. Marriages don't tend to last that long these days. It was all agreed that it was time to finish Harvey."

However, Graham revealed that he didn't anticipate to stay on the show for as long as he did.

He said: "I did the show for longer than I anticipated. Because it's so great to work on, I kind of just kept extending."

Speaking about returning to the show in the future, Graham added: "It would definitely be a conversation I would have. It's just a lovely job. Of course I'd go back to the Bay."

TaintedLove
12-03-2014, 04:34
So Harvey is gone for good now. I can`t say I`ll miss him.
I would love it if Sid Walker came back and he got back with Roo. They suit each other much better than Roo ever did with Harvey. Sadly I doubt if we`ll ever see Sid return again - unles it`s with a new exec producer. The actor who plays Sid was treated sop shabbily
:(

TaintedLove
12-03-2014, 04:34
double post

Perdita
12-03-2014, 04:49
I would love it if Sid Walker came back and he got back with Roo. They suit each other much better than Roo ever did with Harvey. Sadly I doubt if we`ll ever see Sid return again - unles it`s with a new exec producer. The actor who plays Sid was treated sop shabbily

Harvey grew on me over the time but I agree that I always thought Roo and Sid were better suited and I would love to see Sid back too

Perdita
12-03-2014, 04:49

Harvey grew on me over the time but I agree that I always thought Roo and Sid were better suited and I would love to see Sid back too

lizann
13-03-2014, 01:43
roo didn't even fight for him

Perdita
13-03-2014, 04:36

I think she realised there would not be any point in it - I don't think she could have kept him

Perdita
13-03-2014, 04:36

I think she realised there would not be any point in it - I don't think she could have kept him

tammyy2j
13-03-2014, 23:20
I found him funny with his friend who liked Marilyn and he grew on me too