• Nikhil’s big order is destined for disaster
• Rhona admits her true feelings about going back to work

5997 Friday 12 August 2011 7:00pm – 7:30pm

• Nikhil’s workforce go on strike
• Aaron struggles to re-gain control
• Zak wonders if Amy really has seen the last of Jared

Perdita
28-07-2011, 21:03
FFS, Laurel now wanting to be getting it off with Marlon, do me a favour, scriptwriters!!!!

tammyy2j
28-07-2011, 21:47
FFS, Laurel now wanting to be getting it off with Marlon, do me a favour, scriptwriters!!!!

Yes I hope it is not another affair storyline

Sounds like Aaron gets found not guilty and Leyla has left but did she take Jacob?

Perdita
29-07-2011, 05:47
Yes I hope it is not another affair storyline

Sounds like Aaron gets found not guilty and Leyla has left but did she take Jacob?

Aaron was found 'Not Guilty' in yesterday's episode, I hope Leyla has not taken Jacob with her

alan45
29-07-2011, 06:11

Get it ON and have it OFF :D

What a stupid storyline. Two of Emmerdales nicest characters. If true poor Ashley really does not have any success with his womenfolk

Bleach
29-07-2011, 09:36
Does the show have a complete set of new script writers? - it makes you wonder. Emmerdale has become a farce and lost its way in search of viewing figures. Shame.

Chloe O'brien
30-07-2011, 17:16
Laurel & Marlon having an affair is just wrong. I thought the woman with Laurel last week at her house when they were doing the baking may have been a new love interest for Marlon.

Perdita
30-07-2011, 17:42
Maybe, just maybe, we are running ahead and Laurel realises her feelings are wrong and she will not act on them. Just to show that not everybody gives in to feelings of attraction?

alipalilvsozzy
30-07-2011, 22:45
Maybe, just maybe, we are running ahead and Laurel realises her feelings are wrong and she will not act on them. Just to show that not everybody gives in to feelings of attraction?

I reckon there's no chance that Laurel would cheat on Ashley, especially after all the Sally business

alan45
31-07-2011, 01:55
Coming up on Emmerdale, Aaron tries to make a fresh start by moving into The Woolpack following his not guilty verdict - but he's still wrestling with his demons and remains on a self-destructive path.

From the outset, Diane is unhappy that Chas has allowed Aaron to move in, as a share in the pub's accommodation wasn't part of the original deal when the feisty brunette bought into the business.

To make matters worse, it's not long until Aaron is at the centre of drama at the bar when he fronts up to Carl threateningly, continuing their long-running war.

Chas stays loyal by sticking up for Aaron during the row, but Diane is in no mood for the mechanic's behaviour and orders him to get out.

Still angry later, Diane gets tough with Chas and tells her that the arrangement isn't going to work out and Aaron has to go.

As Chas worries over her son's future, Aaron's erratic behaviour is only just beginning…

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/30/550w_emmerdale_5992_3.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/30/550w_emmerdale_5992_2.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/30/550w_emmerdale_5992_1.jpg

alan45
02-08-2011, 00:20
Mon 8th

As Aaron prepares to move into The Woolpack, there's tension between him and Paddy. Over at the pub, Diane is still not happy with Chas for letting Aaron move in as it wasn't part of their agreement to share the accommodation.

Later, when Aaron fronts up to Carl in the pub threateningly, Chas sticks up for him but Diane loses her patience and tells him to get out. In the back room, Diane tells Chas that it's not going to work - Aaron has to go.

Meanwhile, David is down in the dumps and daunted by all of the phone calls that he needs to make to cancel the wedding. He's unlikely to get a refund from the venue, but Pollard wants to help him and won't take no for an answer, insisting David is not on his own. Later, Pollard takes him to the pub but David is on a self-destructive mission to get drunk in order to forget his worries.

Elsewhere, Debbie is informed that Sarah needs further blood tests; Laurel enjoys sharing time with Marlon and is delighted when he agrees to step in to help her run the kids' club; while Andy vows that he won't go to Spain until he knows his daughter will be alright.

9th

Chas is terrified that Aaron's going to lose the roof over his head. She fights for a few day's grace from Diane, but when Aaron flies off the handle it's too much for Diane.

Later, Aaron has another go at Carl resulting in Diane throwing him out of the pub while giving Chas an ultimatum. Aaron tells Diane that it doesn't matter as he's leaving tonight. Aaron then breaks into Mill Cottage, smashing things up. Carl and Jimmy rush to stop and restrain him, before Carl makes a phone call, telling Aaron that he's calling the police. But actually he calls Chas…

Meanwhile, David oversleeps and forgets to deliver the newspapers which upsets Pearl, Betty and Edna. However, this is the least of his worries when he discovers that Leyla has left him with massive debt. David attempts a fresh start by painting his name over Leyla's shop sign, but Hannah warns him that there is a problem with a delivery - they have not been paid.

Elsewhere, Laurel continues to enjoy Marlon's company but their time together is cut short when Ashley turns up, while Marlon assures Sam that he'll keep an eye on Samson when he worries about Amelia being at the kids' club.

10th

Chas tries to talk to Aaron about the break-in but gets nowhere. Aaron is then left conflicted when Hazel brings Jackson's things for him to look through. Later, he is sent home from work, unable to do his job as he has a cut hand. As the day continues, Chas finds Aaron running scalding water over his cut hand and it's clear that he wants to hurt himself even more.

In the pub, Carl tries to wind Aaron up about the burglary by threatening to call the police, and Aaron is tipped over the edge. The ensuing argument results in Hazel slapping Aaron around the face when he pronounces them both murderers. Once the working day is over, Diane tells Chas that she must take control of Aaron but softens towards her when Chas breaks down in tears.

Meanwhile, Paddy works out that Marlon has a crush and starts to wonder who has caught his eye, assuming it must be one of the single mums. Later, Laurel is disappointed when Ashley explains that they don't need Marlon anymore as Turner has offered to take care of Sandy.

Elsewhere, Rhona gives Paddy a bunch of flowers in way of apology and she's determined to be more chilled from now on, while Laurel's shocked when Amelia's thuggish brother Sean arrives to collect her from the village hall.

11th

Diane suggests that Aaron should get counselling, but Chas doesn't get her hopes up. Chas and Carl argue about Aaron and she tips the dregs of a pint over him, but is rocked when he tells her that Aaron doesn't have much of a chance with a mum like her.

Later, Chas goes to talk to Aaron at work and gets in the car with him. However, Aaron is angry and begins to drive recklessly. As he gets more emotional, Chas grabs the hand brake. Aaron loses control of the vehicle and the car swerves off the road into a ditch.

Meanwhile, Paddy asks Laurel whether she knows anything about Marlon's new crush, leaving her embarrassed. Trying to put thoughts of Marlon aside, Laurel later watches Ashley with the children.

Elsewhere, Marlon agrees to watch baby Leo when Paddy has to go on a home visit; Nikhil is frustrated that Jai is checking up on him from abroad as he tries to take control of the factory; Sam wonders why Rachel's being so nice when she takes him to the café for cake; while Sandy tells Turner that he's heading out for a stroll but ends up in the pub.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/30/550w_emmerdale_5995_1.jpg

The car and Aaron are both a complete wreck. Cain rushes to the scene of the accident, but what state will he find Chas and Aaron in?

Meanwhile, the girls tell Nikhil that they're not doing any overtime anymore. Gennie tries to reason with them but is alarmed by their militant tone.

Elsewhere, Rhona is unimpressed over Paddy leaving Marlon with Leo without letting her know. However, Paddy thinks she's overreacting and is baffled by her behaviour. Rhona eventually reveals her true feelings.

Also, Roz realises just how terrified Holly is about coming off the methadone.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/30/550w_emmerdale_5996_1.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/30/550w_emmerdale_5996_2.jpg

12th

Roz is excited at the prospect of a new job at the factory just as things are strained between Nikhil and the workers. The girls all refuse overtime and Gennie is caught in the middle when they refuse to go back to work after their lunch break.

Gennie agrees to speak to Nikhil about better overtime rates and through her hard work, they agree to go back to the factory. But soon Nikhil oversteps the mark once again and the girls stand up to him.

At the end of the day, Gennie is left shocked and upset when she argues with Nikhil and it gets personal.

Meanwhile, Zak's concerned for Amy but she thinks he's having a go at her by implying she will always be a thief. Val desperately wants to trust Amy, but is not entirely convinced.

alan45
02-08-2011, 14:26
Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has revealed details of the soap's forthcoming car crash scene, which sees her character Chas Dingle left in jeopardy when son Aaron loses control behind the wheel.

Aaron, played by Danny Miller, is currently in turmoil in the aftermath of being found not guilty at his murder trial - believing that he made the wrong choice by helping boyfriend Jackson Walsh to die regardless of what the jury thought.

Next week's episodes, which feature the car crash, see Chas's frustration with Aaron come to a head as she urges him to pull himself together.

"Chas is constantly trying to get through to Aaron," Pargeter told Soaplife. "But it turns into quite an awful outburst between the two of them. They really have it out and she shouts at him."

The actress added that the road accident occurs when Chas gets into Aaron's car with him and fuels his emotional state by suggesting that he should go for counselling.

Pargeter added: "Chas keeps goading and goading him and in the state of mind he's in, he just goes faster and faster until it starts to scare her and he can't cope with the speed of the car - and they crash!"

Bad boy Cain Dingle later tries to rescue the pair as the car lies in a ditch and while Aaron seems fine, Chas is bloodied and unconscious.

Emmerdale's car crash scenes air in next week's Thursday night double bill of the soap.

lizann
02-08-2011, 22:29
I reckon there's no chance that Laurel would cheat on Ashley, especially after all the Sally business

I would say that of all people in the village to cheat never would Marlon and Laurel but who knows (Marlon did sleep with Charity and Laurel kissed someone else during the baby swap and death storyline cant think of the name)

Perdita
05-08-2011, 12:48
Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has revealed that the soap's forthcoming car crash stunt will lead to a change in the relationship between her character Chas Dingle and troubled son Aaron.

Next week's episodes of the ITV1 soap see Aaron lose control behind the wheel while Chas is in the car with him as he continues down his self-destructive path.

Aaron's ongoing storyline has seen him remain in turmoil in the aftermath of his murder trial, having decided that he did the wrong thing by helping boyfriend Jackson Walsh to die.

Speaking to All About Soap about how Chas can help Aaron, Pargeter explained: "I'd tell her to try to be a little bit more diplomatic but to keep on trying to pull Aaron out of his despair.

"Chas tends to go in all guns blazing and she should be a tad more tentative. I think the car crash will mark a turning point in their relationship, but let's just hope that it's for the better."

Pargeter added that it was enjoyable to film the car crash scenes with stunt doubles and Danny Miller, who plays Aaron.

"It was great, although I wish I'd got to do more of the stunts," she said. "I sat next to the stunt driver when he was doing the bit where we're speeding down the lanes, but they used the stuntwoman for the actual spin. I had to fake knocking myself out, though - that was a lot of fun."

Emmerdale's car crash scenes air next Thursday.