PDA

View Full Version : The Pied Piper of Weatherfield

alan45
27-07-2011, 10:08
Coronation Street busybody Norris Cole will do battle with a plague of rats in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The comic plot begins when a swarm of rodents descends on the cobbles in the coming weeks, causing chaos in the Rovers Return, Nick Tilsley's bistro and Roy Cropper's café, according to the Daily Star.

It is thought that Nick (Ben Price) and Roy (David Neilson) fail in their early attempts to get the situation under control, leaving Norris vowing to tackle the problem himself.

Chatting to Rita, Norris - played by Malcolm Hebden - is quoted as saying: "They may have beaten amateurs like Roy Cropper and Nick Tilsley but they'll find me quite a different adversary altogether. Let's see them get past the Pied Piper of Weatherfield!"

Norris apparently tries to use traps and poison to get rid of the rats, but is flummoxed when things continue getting worse and the pests start terrorising locals in their own homes.

"This storyline will be a brilliant mix of the scary and the hilarious," a show insider told the newspaper. "Any viewers scared of rats will be hiding behind their sofas.

"But Norris's attempt to bring them under control and lead them out of Weatherfield is going to be a comedy classic."

Chloe O'brien
30-07-2011, 17:49
Ewww I hate rats. Just thinking of it makes my skin crawl.