PDA

View Full Version : Leona Lewis - Collide

tammyy2j
18-07-2011, 16:23
Simon Cowell's record company Syco has been accused of lying about claims that Leona Lewis plagiarised the work of a Ministry of Sound artist.

The X Factor winner unveiled new single 'Collide' on Friday, which just hours later was noted as sounding "identical" to the song 'Fade Into Darkness' by Swedish DJ Avicii, better known as Tim Berg.

Ministry of Sound threatened to sue Cowell over the track, but Syco responded by claiming that "there is zero legal case to answer", as the dance artist's contribution has already been recognised.

"Avicii is already credited as a songwriter on Leona's song," a representative said. "It's a case of sour grapes from Ministry of Sound."

However, Avicii hit back at Syco's assertions on Twitter last night, writing: "To answer everyone, the first time I heard Leona Lewis 'Collide' was today. I didn't produce it and neither me or my manager could approve it.

"I'm just upset for someone taking credit of our idea before I had a chance to release it… And for the time and effort that has been put into this by my manager and label."

His manager Ash Pournouri added in a statement: "We never got to hear ['Collide'] before it was promoted on radio, how could we clear anything? We're not amateurs - we don't sign papers without knowing what [we're] getting into."

The production of 'Collide' has been credited to Sandy Vee, who previously worked on Rihanna's 'Only Girl (in the World)', David Guetta's 'Where Them Girls At' and Alexis Jordan's 'Good Girl'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7sG2Ebnn6A

Perdita
17-08-2011, 06:12
Leona Lewis has settled the plagiarism dispute against her new single 'Collide'.

The singer, who was taken to court earlier this month over the song, has settled claims that the track stole the instrumental of 'Fade Into Darkness' by Swedish DJ Avicii.

Simon Cowell's record label Syco published an official statement, which read: "It is announced today that Leona Lewis and Avicii will work together on the forthcoming single 'Collide'.

"Since getting its first radio play in the UK it has received rave reviews and is already topping club charts across the country."

The Ministry of Sound producer later tweeted: "So happy to move on with Leona and focus on having a hit together. We've finally come to an agreement with Leona on all the issues. So happy to move on and focus on hit making!"

He added: "Glad to FINALLY have resolved situation with Leona. Music is the answer!"

Avicii's finished version of 'Fade Into Darkness' will premiere on August 18 on MTV Clubland.

tammyy2j
29-08-2011, 15:48
Leona Lewi s& Avicii - Collide - video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4a82LRNdlQ&ob=av2e