PDA

View Full Version : Natasha's aunt a Serbian hairdresser

Perdita
14-07-2011, 09:45
FREYA Stafford is joining the cast of Neighbours - just 10 months after a horror bike smash.

Stafford was meant to join City Homicide last year, but had to pull out after flipping her bicycle while riding in her neighbourhood.

"I went over the handlebars, breaking my jaw and half my face," the White Collar Blue star said.

" At the time I was in shock, but I remember thinking "Oh! My face - that's kind of important'. It took ages for my jaw to open again. I had to eat everything through a straw for a long time."

Stafford, who has also featured in Small Claims and Gettin' Square with David Wenham, will play the long lost aunty of Valentina Novakovic's character Natasha on the soap.

Her character will be a glamorous Serbian hairdresser who works around the globe as a hair and make-up artist.

Perdita
14-07-2011, 16:54
This photo of Freya Staffard reminds me very much of Jessica Tovey, Belle in Home and Away :)

tammyy2j
15-07-2011, 11:49
This photo of Freya Staffard reminds me very much of Jessica Tovey, Belle in Home and Away :)

http://www.100megspop2.com/dounho/Dakya/Aussie_act/Freya2.jpg

Yes very like Jessica

LostVoodoo
15-07-2011, 18:59
Her character will be a glamorous Serbian hairdresser who works around the globe as a hair and make-up artist.

Tash will love that! do we know what happened to Tash's mum? did she die or run off? maybe this aunt will be revealed as her real mum one day in classic soapland style...

Perdita
20-07-2011, 15:03
Last week, it was reported that Freya Stafford had joined the cast of Neighbours as Natasha Williams's long-lost aunt, and show bosses have now released official details of what's in store.

Confirming the casting, Neighbours chiefs have promised that Natasha's (Valentina Novakovic) reunion with her aunt will "expose a myriad of secrets and lies" that will set tongues wagging on the street later this year.

Stafford has signed a six-month guest contract with the soap and her character's first episode will air on Australian screens in September.

When details of her casting first emerged last week, Stafford told The Daily Telegraph of her character: "She does stir things up on Ramsay Street - she brings up a lot of baggage for Michael, Sandy Winton's character, so that will be interesting."

If you haven't done so already, it's also well worth reading Digital Spy's exclusive two-part interview with Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower, in which she teases a "fantastic story" focusing on Natasha wanting to find out more about her dead mother.

It certainly looks like there's some intriguing times ahead for Tash and Michael…

Perdita
20-07-2011, 15:08
Tash will love that! do we know what happened to Tash's mum? did she die or run off? maybe this aunt will be revealed as her real mum one day in classic soapland style...

She is meant to have passed away. I guess we shall now find out whether that is true or not.

tammyy2j
20-07-2011, 15:33
Freya Stafford has revealed that she was involved in a horrific bike crash last year.

The Australian actress, who is best known for her roles in White Collar Blue and Small Claims, is poised to join the cast of Neighbours only ten months after flipping her push bike while riding near her home.

Stafford told The Daily Telegraph: "I went over the handle bars, breaking my jaw and half my face. I was in shock, but I remember thinking, 'Oh my face, that's kind of important'. It took ages for my jaw to open again. I had to eat everything through a straw for a long time."

She also revealed that she landed a role in City Homicide but had to pull out before filming started because of her injuries.

Stafford will play the glamorous long-lost sister of Michael Williams in Neighbours. She said of the character: "She does stir things up on Ramsay Street. She brings up a lot of baggage for Michael, Sandy Winton's character, so that will be interesting."

Neighbours bosses recently revealed that they have cast Bob Morley as gay male nurse Aiden Foster in the soap.

Scott McGregor, who plays Mark Brennan in the show, recently revealed that he is leaving Neighbours to pursue a career in the UK or US acting industries.

lizann
20-07-2011, 16:26
I hope she takes Natasha back to Serbia with her

Perdita
25-07-2011, 16:11
There's a little Neighbours update today over Natasha's long-lost aunt for those who have been wondering what the character will be called.

Earlier this month, it emerged that Freya Stafford had landed the role of Tash's relative and show bosses later released the first picture of the newcomer as well as details of the storyline.

The character's name wasn't released at the time, but it has now been confirmed that she is called Emilia.

As previously reported, Emilia's arrival has been tipped to "expose a myriad of secrets and lies" that will set tongues wagging on Ramsay Street later this year.

Stafford has signed a six-month guest contract with Neighbours and her first episode will air on Australian screens in September.

Perdita
22-09-2011, 11:21
Neighbours newcomer Freya Stafford has revealed that her character Emilia will have a secretive nature.

Emilia is the long-lost aunt of established character Natasha Williams (Valentina Novakovic), and she is about to be introduced on Australian screens as part of a storyline which sees Tash attempt to find out more about her late mother.

As Natasha's father Michael (Sandy Winton) has been trying to stop her from finding out the truth about her mum, the schoolgirl hopes that Emilia could give her the answers she is looking for.

However, Stafford told TV Week that Emilia also has reasons to keep the truth from Tash.

"Emilia knew Michael at the time when Tash's mother died, and there's history there that makes it difficult for them to get along," Stafford explained.

"If they dredge up those memories, it'd open a huge can of worms - something they're both reluctant to do. There's an understanding that certain things should be kept until a later date - if not forever."

Stafford added that, despite the secrecy, Emilia is happy when Tash tracks her down.

"When Tash comes into Emilia's life she fills a huge hole," the actress said.

Stafford is sticking with Neighbours for a six-month guest stint.

Ruffed_lemur
01-10-2011, 23:51
This is a really interesting storyline. :)

tammyy2j
20-01-2012, 14:07
Is she really Tash's birth mother?

Perdita
20-01-2012, 14:34
Is she really Tash's birth mother?

Never considered this, you might be right!