PDA

View Full Version : Pam St Clements in quit claims

hbk48942
07-07-2011, 23:34
from http://www.soapsecrets-spoiler​s.com/apps/forums/topics/show/​4762275-soap-leaversPAT TO LEAVE THE SQ!

There are currently unconfirmed reports that Pam St Clements has quit Eastenders.....
More to follow!

alan45
08-07-2011, 01:28
Pam St Clement will leave EastEnders later this year, the BBC soap has announced.

The much-loved actress will depart her role as Pat Evans after 25 years in the BBC soap. Details of how St Clement, who is currently the second longest-serving castmember after Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale), will bow out are not yet known.

"I have enjoyed 25 and a half wonderful years in EastEnders creating the character of Pat but feel it's time to hang up her earrings," the 69-year-old said. "Leaving the EastEnders 'family' will be akin to a bereavement, but I'm looking forward to the other work. and life opportunities that I will have the time to pursue."

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/27/550w_eastenders_pam_st_clement.jpg

Bryan Kirkwood, EastEnders executive producer, commented: "In Pat Harris-Beale-Wicks-Butcher-Evans, Pam St Clement has created one of the most iconic and loved characters in British TV history.

"Over the years we've seen her develop from a shrew into a matriarch, and Pat's colour, warmth and steel have given EastEnders some of its most memorable stories. Pam will be missed by everyone in Walford, and we wish her the very best of luck in everything that comes next."

Kirkwood added: "Although it's too early to talk about how Pat will leave the Square, we can assure viewers it will culminate in a fitting storyline, not to be missed."

Since arriving in E20 in the summer of 1986, Pat's storylines have included the paternity of her son Simon, her turn to prostitution, surviving the Walford attacker in 1987, the death of a teenage girl she knocked down, her ongoing battle against step-daughter Janine and the affair with Patrick Trueman.

However, Pat - famed for her large earrings - will be best remembered for her romance, marriage and affair with car dealer Frank Butcher, played by the late Mike Reid.

"It's always a sad day when one of our stars leaves EastEnders but when those stars are as important as Pam St Clement and the character as iconic as Pat 'Butcher', the blow is doubly hard," John Yorke, controller of BBC Drama production and new talent added.

"As part of EastEnders' 'creation myth', she has been integral to the programme's success from the very beginning; her love of Frank, her 'take no prisoners' nature and her earrings have made her a part of British culture."

Yorke concluded: "For most actors that would be legacy enough. The fact that Pam is also a total professional, an endless champion of the programme and a joy to work with is an added bonus."

No doubt her departure will be explosive and ROCK the square

Perdita
08-07-2011, 09:49
Pam St Clement's 's current and former co-stars have spoken of their sadness at her decision to quit EastEnders.

The 69-year-old actress has confirmed that she will bow out of her role as Albert Square's iconic Pat Evans later this year. St Clements said that leaving the BBC soap would be like "a bereavement".

Barbara Windsor, who departed the show last year, led the praise: "Pam St Clement created a truly iconic character in Pat. I was privileged enough to be a part of her journey, as Peggy and Pat fought, laughed and cried together.

"Pam will be greatly missed by the company and the viewers. I personally adore Pam and I can't wait to start having all those lunches we promised each other."

Patsy Palmer, who plays St Clement's on-screen granddaughter Bianca, said: "Pam St Clement is the most professional person I have ever worked with. She is an amazing actress who never fails to make me cry when we do scenes together.

"She will be missed by everyone at EastEnders but I feel really privileged that I have had this wonderful lady playing my nan for many years."

Co-star Charlie Brooks (Janine Malloy) added: "I'm devastated. Pam is one of my favourite people to work with and is also a close friend - I will miss her dearly."

Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) echoed the views of his colleagues, admitting that "EastEnders will be a strange place without Pam".

"I always loved the on-screen relationship between Pam St Clement and Mike Reid especially when they worked in the Queen Vic. This was one of the golden eras and I learnt a lot from them," he said.

"Pam is full of integrity and I have always admired her. She is never one to shy away from speaking her mind about the programme as she has so much love for the show. She is a lovely woman and I will truly miss her - as I am sure all the viewers will."

Ricky Butcher actor Sid Owen said: "I'm very sad to see Pam go, we've had a really close working relationship over the years. She's such an icon and I will miss her a great deal."

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood has promised viewers that Pat will depart the soap in a "fitting storyline".

parkerman
08-07-2011, 10:23
I think this would be a good ending for her character:

Pat: I'll get dinner on shall I?
Ricky: OK, Pat.
Pat: Oh dear I haven't got any onions. I'll just pop down the shop and get some.
Rickey: Right you are, Pat.
Pat: I'm just going outside; I may be away some time.

Pat walks out the door and that's the last we ever see of her. Better than a black cab I reckon.

lizann
08-07-2011, 10:39
I say let her leave with a new toyboy maybe one of the Moon boys for a life in the tropics

tammyy2j
08-07-2011, 12:24
If she dies will they should have Simon and David back

Perdita
08-07-2011, 12:34
I believe they will leave it open for her to return, I hope she goes to New Zealand to stay with her family there

tammyy2j
08-07-2011, 12:44
I believe they will leave it open for her to return, I hope she goes to New Zealand to stay with her family there

Or have Peggy come back and she leaves with her

Perdita
08-07-2011, 12:48
Or have Peggy come back and she leaves with her

Guess that would please one of our posters here best, having Peggy back on the Square, even if it was to be for just one episode :D

Chloe O'brien
08-07-2011, 17:11
Can I just say I can't believe it's been 25 years of Pat. It's it just me or does anyone else think she's not aged much. i think she should win the lottery and go and live in New Zealand

megan999
08-07-2011, 17:24
PAT Evans' trademark earrings are so valuable that all 125 pairs stored by the BBC are kept in a locked cabinet in the wardrobe department.

Used pairs sell on eBay for £80 a time - and one set is on show at the National Media Museum in Bradford. Fans bombard bosses with pairs in the hope Pat will wear them on air.
There are even Facebook groups dedicated to her jewellery - including one called I wish I was one of Pat Evans' Earrings.
The character is best known by the surname Butcher, and the phrase "Pat Butcher earrings" is now commonly used to describe over-sized jewellery.
An EastEnders source said: "The earrings are locked away because they are such an integral part of Pat's character."
Actress Pam St Clement has been known to object to a pair she believes Pat would not wear.
She said: "I get them from the costume department and together we have designed Pat's look.
"People also send them in, but they are not always suitable.
"Just occasionally, and I mean very occasionally, Pat's taste has been at least passable.
"At Ricky and Bianca's wedding she did wear quite a nice outfit. I asked the wardrobe department, 'Isn't that too nice?'.
"They answered, 'No, go on, spoil yourself'."

source: The Sun

alan45
08-07-2011, 18:11
I think this would be a good ending for her character:

Pat: I'll get dinner on shall I?
Ricky: OK, Pat.
Pat: Oh dear I haven't got any onions. I'll just pop down the shop and get some.
Rickey: Right you are, Pat.
Pat: I'm just going outside; I may be away some time.

Pat walks out the door and that's the last we ever see of her. Better than a black cab I reckon.

In keeping with the EE desire for explosive endings I have it on good authority (4 cans of stella) that on Christmas Eve she is sitting in a drunken heap on Arfurs Seat (He loved this place) with her dangliest earrings on. Another passing drunk mistakes her for a Christmas Tree and plugs her in. BANG. An explosive ending to rock the square

alan45
26-07-2011, 15:16
EastEnders star Charlie Brooks has pondered Pat Evans's forthcoming departure from the soap, admitting that she hopes her villainous character Janine Malloy does not kill the Walford legend.

Pam St Clement recently announced that she has decided to bow out from the role of Pat after 25 years. Her final scenes are expected to air in late 2011.

Brooks told Inside Soap that she hopes EastEnders bosses do not have a shock murder twist lined up for Janine and Pat, despite their turbulent relationship and her alter ego's dark history.

The actress commented: "I don't want Janine to kill Pat! I'd really love to be part of her exit storyline - but not like that! Pam is one of my favourite people and I'm going to miss her loads."

Brooks admitted that she is also sad about Neil McDermott's departure from the role of Janine's estranged husband Ryan.

"I'm going to miss him like mad," she said. "We worked very tightly together. We'll catch up outside of work, but I'll really miss seeing him every day."

Janine's next storyline will see her buy into Walford nightclub R&R, making her Phil Mitchell's business partner.

lizann
27-07-2011, 14:05
I will miss Janine and Pat's fights

alan45
15-08-2011, 01:22
SOAP queen Pam St Clement is set to spill behind-the-scenes secrets from her 25 years on EastEnders in an explosive new autobiography.
The actress, who plays battleaxe Pat Butcher, will also tell all about her own tumultuous life - of which she has previously said little.

Pam, 69, has already started penning the story, which will hit the shelves after she leaves the BBC soap this Christmas.

The Sun told last month how the 69-year-old had decided to hang up her character's dangly earrings for good after wearing them for nearly half her lifetime.

Pat - now known as Pat Evans - has featured in some of the soap's most shocking stories.

Since hitting screens in 1986, viewers have seen her work as a prostitute, wed four times, kill a teenage girl while driving drunk and survive a heart attack. But Pam's real-life story could come straight from an EastEnders script.

Her mother died soon after her birth in 1942, and when Pam's dad remarried she was soon put into care.

The youngster grew up in a series of foster homes and boarding schools.

She then embarked on her own colourful private life - including getting divorced and coming out as bisexual.

The actress, who has battled weight problems, also discovered 15 years ago that she had a secret brother that her father had hidden from her.

Pam will leave at Christmas in an explosive storyline that will see her character hit a child.

Sources say that once she is out of her BBC contract she will be free to release her book.

An EastEnders insider added of her decision to quit: "Pam said there were only so many plots that could revolve around her buying a cup of tea in the cafe.

"She has been told the door could be left open, but she has no plans on going back as she wants to do other things.

"One of those is getting her book out, which she's really looking forward to.

"She has plenty of things she thinks will tell the real story of life on the Square."

Pam is the second longest-serving cast member on EastEnders behind Adam Woodyatt, who has played Ian Beale since the soap's very first episode in 1985.

When she announced her retirement, Pam said: "Leaving the EastEnders family will be akin to a bereavement.

"But I'm looking forward to the other work and life opportunities that I will have the time to pursue."

parkerman
15-08-2011, 08:05
SOAP queen Pam St Clement is set to spill behind-the-scenes secrets from her 25 years on EastEnders in an explosive new autobiography.

That is set to rock the Square...

Pam is the second longest-serving cast member on EastEnders behind Adam Woodyatt,

Poor old Ulric (Winston to you and me). Overlooked again!

tammyy2j
15-08-2011, 10:28
Pam will leave at Christmas in an explosive storyline that will see her character hit a child.

Must be one of the Bianca's kids

moonstorm
15-08-2011, 10:35
Not a very nice way for her to leave!

Dutchgirl
15-08-2011, 11:39
Not a very nice way for her to leave!

No and out of character!

lizann
16-08-2011, 10:10
I expected her to have a better exit storyline

alan45
11-09-2011, 09:14
Details surrounding the exit of EastEnders character Pat Evans have emerged.

Actress Pam St Clement announced in July that she is leaving the BBC One soap after 25 years in the iconic role.

Pat will reportedly be killed off in "emotional" scenes at Christmas, coinciding with the return of Bianca (Patsy Palmer) and Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen). However, the exact cause of her death is yet to be revealed.

"Pat is one of the soap's biggest-ever characters, and after much deliberation over her exit it was decided she will be killed off," an EastEnders insider told the Daily Star Sunday. "Her exit will be one of the most emotional we've ever done.

"She'll enjoy one last Christmas with her family all around her before she goes. Everyone has been sworn to secrecy over the exact details of her death but it will be sudden and heartbreaking.

"Her family will be left devastated by their loss and we're certain it will pull at the heart strings of even the most hardened of EastEnders fans. It's going to go down in history and will be one that the soap world will never ever forget."

The insider added that Pat would never just leave in the back of a black cab, labelling the forthcoming episodes as a "must-see".

An EastEnders spokesman said: "There has been a lot of speculation about Pat's departure. However we are not going to comment as we do not want to spoil it for the viewers."

St Clement's co-stars Barbara Windsor and Patsy Palmer led tributes to the soap star after she announced her exit, with Palmer describing her as an "amazing actress".

Dutchgirl
11-09-2011, 10:35
No Pat would never leave the square. The eastend is her home. Wonder who will get the house? Or is that too harsh?

parkerman
11-09-2011, 11:16
Whoever it is will find they have an infinite number of bedrooms anyway.

tammyy2j
11-09-2011, 21:52
It is a shame she is being killed off

Perdita
12-09-2011, 02:42
FORMER EastEnders favourite Nick Berry is to make a sensational return to Albert Square after 21 years away.

Nick, 48, who played Simon Wicks, is being lured back with screen brother David, played by Michael French.

The characters are set to be part of a shock storyline that sees mum Pat Butcher DIE.

Producers want Nick and Michael to help give soap legend Pam St Clement, 69 — who plays Pat — a rousing send-off.

The stars would join Sid Owen and Patsy Palmer, who are also set to return after taking leave from playing Ricky and Bianca Butcher.

Nick, who has retired from acting, began playing Wicksy in 1985 — the show's first year. He left five years later when his character emigrated.

The star had a No1 hit in 1986 with Every Loser Wins, based on the show's theme tune. He then played PC Nick Brown in Heartbeat for six years.

Michael, also 48, played womaniser David Wicks from 1993 to 1996 before starring in Holby City and Casualty — where he plays consultant Nick Jordan. An insider said: "Producers are working flat out to get Nick and Michael on board.

"Nick hasn't done any major TV work for the best part of a decade.

"To get him back into Albert Square would be a major coup."

Pat is set to be killed off over the festive period after 25 years on the show.

Pam told bosses she wanted to quit earlier this year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3808236/Nick-Berry-to-return-to-EastEnders.html

alan45
12-09-2011, 11:26
At least it gives them a chance to bring back Nick Berry and Michael French

Chloe O'brien
12-09-2011, 11:48
I wonder if they will be a huge fight on who gets left her earings in her will :D

parkerman
12-09-2011, 15:19
At least it gives them a chance to bring back Nick Berry and Michael French

I'm surprised she actually dies with Michael French there to look after her...

alan45
12-09-2011, 20:44
I'm surprised she actually dies with Michael French there to look after her...

Apparently he was all set to save her but Hansen said it would not be economically viable for the Trust

parkerman
13-09-2011, 10:50
Ah yes, that would explain it...

alan45
13-09-2011, 12:40
Ah yes, that would explain it...

Although I suppose if they sold her earrings the scrap value could pay for her to be treated in Holby Care by Drs Spence and Sleaseball

tammyy2j
13-09-2011, 13:01
I wonder if they will be a huge fight on who gets left her earings in her will :D

Shared between Bianca and Whitney

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2011, 14:40
Is Babs coming back for Pat's departure.

alan45
13-09-2011, 14:48
Is Babs coming back for Pat's departure.

Hopefully she is too busy furthering her dramatic career in Bingoland. Even Pats earrings are better actors than Ms Windsor

Perdita
21-09-2011, 06:05
She has graced the cast of EastEnders with her presence since 1986, but Pat Evans is about to leave the BBC soap with a bang.

Pat, played by Pam St. Clement, will be killed off the series during a huge fire in Albert Square, reports say.

The scene will be broadcast during Christmas, to mark her departure after 25 years on the soap.

Producers are planning to create a replica of the show’s B&B, which they will set on fire at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. Is she going to die in there?

A show source told the Daily Mirror: ‘The last time EastEnders built something on this set was when they set fire to the Queen Vic last year.

‘It is only used when they need to film fires and explosions.

‘They want Pam’s character to go out with a bang. The script is so top secret even she doesn’t know how Pat is going to go yet.’

But as Pat is killed off, viewers will be treated to her stepson Ricky and granddaughter Bianca returning to the show.

A spokesperson for EastEnders stated: ‘There has been a lot of speculation about Pat’s departure.

‘We are not going to comment as we do not want to spoil it for viewers.’

The 63-year-old actress arrived on the set on June 12 1986, just over a year after the soap was first broadcast.

She is the second longest running character in EastEnders, after Adam Woodyatt, who plays Ian Beale.

Although the show spokesperson hasn’t confirmed how her character will be killed off, it is confirmed that she is leaving the soap at the end of the year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2039862/SPOILER-ALERT-EastEnders-legend-Pat-Evans-killed-Albert-Square-fire.html#ixzz1YYnjaQja

parkerman
21-09-2011, 07:20
She is the second longest running character in EastEnders, after Adam Woodyatt, who plays Ian Beale.
No she isn't! Poor Winston, why can't they at least recognise that about him!!!???

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2039862/SPOILER-ALERT-EastEnders-legend-Pat-Evans-killed-Albert-Square-fire.html#ixzz1YYnjaQja
Ah, the Daily Wail. That explains it.

Perdita
21-09-2011, 11:29
EastEnders bosses have a dramatic fire storyline on the way as Albert Square's B&B is to go up in flames, according to a report.

The soap's team have been busy building a replica of the B&B at Elstree Studios in preparation for the shock blaze scenes, The Mirror claims.

A show source told the newspaper: "The last time EastEnders built something on this set was when they set fire to the Queen Vic last year. It is only used when they need to film fires and explosions."

Filming for some of the scenes could already be under way as a fire engine was recently spotted on the official EastEnders webcam.

The Mirror has also speculated that Walford legend Pat Evans, played by Pam St Clement, could die in the fire following previous reports that she is being killed off.

However, at this stage, it looks like Pat dying in the blaze could just be one theory among many. Of Pat's departure, one insider said: "The script is so top secret even [Pam] doesn't know how Pat is going to go yet."

Responding to the rumours, an EastEnders spokesperson said: "There has been a lot of speculation about Pat's departure. We are not going to comment as we do not want to spoil it for viewers."

The fire scenes are expected to air towards the end of the year.

Chloe O'brien
23-09-2011, 18:52
Well it makes a change from the Vic going up in flames.

parkerman
06-10-2011, 11:13
"It ain't half hot, mum

EastEnders stars dip into the 'wrong programme' in Clacton

Eastenders stars made a surprise visit to Clacton beach to film scenes for the soap's Christmas show - in sizzling temperatures.

Christmas trees were set up outside the pier entrance and decorations placed along the promenade to give the scene a festive feel.

But producers expecting blustery October weather were caught out when they arrived to find sunbathers soaking up the rays on the beach.

The cast had to contend with 27 degree heat, and one extra in a Father Christmas costume was left desperately seeking shade between takes.

Crowds of onlookers gathered to watch as scenes were filmed on the promenade, near the Pier.

Actress Pam St Clement, who plays Pat Butcher (sic), was among the stars on set.

There were unconfirmed rumours that the Clacton scenes could included Pat's exit from the long-running BBC drama.

"The rest of the Butcher family were also on hand, including Ricky, Liam, Morgan and Tiffany.....

Beach-goers were allowed to wander past the large cameras and lights outside the West Beach Cafe, but were asked to clear the area while filming took place.

An EastEnders spokesman said, 'It has been amazing for us to have such great weather for a beach scene away from Walford.

We are filming on location as Pat Butcher (sic) is taking a family outing to the seaside.

Clacton has an excellent beach and is near to London, so it was ideal for us, and the twon is referred to directly in the script."

Clacton Gazette, 6 October 2011.

Perdita
06-10-2011, 11:34
Pictures from Daily Mail

Perdita
25-10-2011, 05:44
EASTENDERS fans will be weeping into their turkey as Pat Butcher dies alone of cancer this Christmas.

Pat — played by Pam St Clement for 25 years — learns she is terminally ill as the festive season approaches.

She keeps the tragic news secret — but arranges a big party for all her family and friends at the Queen Vic.

Her sons David and Simon Wicks — played by Michael French and Nick Berry — make a dramatic return to Albert Square after hearing from their mum.

There isn't a dry eye in the pub as Pat gathers everyone together then reveals she is dying.

Peggy and Phil Mitchell and the soap's other favourites are hit for six and sit in silence. Pat urges them to cheer up and down drinks to celebrate her life.

But Pat — famed for her chandelier earrings and garish outfits — feels poorly and slips out unnoticed to head home. She climbs into bed and slips peacefully away. The tear-jerking Christmas storyline ends Pam's incredible run on EastEnders.

Only original cast member Adam Woodyatt, 43, who plays Ian Beale, has been in the BBC1 show longer than the 69-year-old actress. An EastEnders source said: "Millions of fans will be blubbing as one of the soap's all-time favourite characters makes a hugely emotional exit.

"There was no way bosses wanted Pat to sign off with a grisly death. It was always going to be a dignified farewell in which colleagues and viewers could raise a glass to her."

Pat's exit coincides with the return of stepson Ricky and granddaughter Bianca — Sid Owen and Patsy Palmer.

Reports of Pat dying in a Christmas fire were wrong. TV Biz can reveal that GP Yusef Khan, played by Ace Bhatti, perishes in the blazing B&B.

Pat married several times, had numerous affairs, was jailed for a hit-and-run and was briefly landlady of the Queen Vic.

The show's executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "Pam will be missed by everyone in Walford."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3891678/EastEnders-Pat-Butcher-killed-by-cancer.html

parkerman
25-10-2011, 08:43
Only original cast member Adam Woodyatt, 43, who plays Ian Beale, has been in the BBC1 show longer than the 69-year-old actress.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :nono::nono::nono:

tammyy2j
25-10-2011, 10:54
Peggy and Phil Mitchell and the soap's other favourites are hit for six and sit in silence. Pat urges them to cheer up and down drinks to celebrate her life.

So Peggy returns

alan45
25-10-2011, 11:57
So Peggy returns

As if we won't be depressed enough at the loss of Pat they have to bring back the Poison Dwarf who no doubt will steal the limelight. Still I suppose it is the PANTOMIME season

parkerman
25-10-2011, 12:17
Oh no it isn't.

alan45
25-10-2011, 14:21
Oh no it isn't.

Look out she's behind you

Chloe O'brien
27-10-2011, 14:07
So Peggy returns

Thanks for the warning.

Look out she's behind you

Oh no she isn't

JustJodi
29-10-2011, 14:39
So Peggy is coming back,(briefly), and Pat is gonna die alone ???

Perdita
29-10-2011, 17:30
So Peggy is coming back,(briefly), and Pat is gonna die alone ???

Looks like Pat will die in her sleep, I guess the best way to depart from this world

Perdita
06-11-2011, 11:29
EastEnders character Pat Evans will reportedly die from a massive heart attack on New Year's Eve.

In an exit described as the "most moving" ever filmed, Pat will discover she has untreatable cancer after collapsing in her kitchen.

Doctors send her home, where Pat's closest family and friends rally round to support her during the final days. Michael French will return as Pat's son David Wicks, the Daily Star Sunday reports.

EastEnders cast and crew were said to be in tears as Pam St Clement, who plays Pat, filmed her final scenes on Tuesday. She announced her departure back in July.

"Pat's exit will be epic," a source said. "Many of her family, including stepson Ricky Butcher, his wife and Pat's granddaughter Bianca can't handle the news. Even twisted stepdaughter Janine Malloy struggles to cope.

"But in true Pat style she puts on a brave face and deals with what's happening to her with dignity. Viewers will see her pour one last gin and tonic from the bar in her front room before she fondly looks at photographs of her extended family."

Viewers will apparently see Pat make an emotional toast to husband Frank Butcher shortly before her death.

"She takes one last look around the house she's spent so many years in before going to her bedroom. Pat isn't afraid of dying as she knows she'll be joining Frank. She's courageous and tough right up until the end. But as she's coming to terms with having cancer her heart gives up."

Perdita
12-11-2011, 21:32
EastEnders cast members have filmed scenes for the funeral of Pat Evans (Pam St Clement).

Albert Square favourites have been spotted paying their respects to the veteran character as her coffin is pulled to a church in a horse-drawn carriage.

Images obtained by the Daily Mail show that Bianca and Ricky Butcher (Patsy Palmer and Sid Owen), Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty), Max Branning (Jake Wood) and new character Derek Branning (Jamie Foreman) are among the mourners.

Pat's stepdaughter Janine Molloy (Charlie Brooks) and Mandy Salter (Nicola Stapleton) are noted by the publication as looking particularly distraught in the scenes.

Pat's sons Simon and David Wicks, played by Nick Berry and Michael French respectively, have been tipped to return for her funeral, though neither are present in the photos.

Reports suggest that Pat will die of a heart attack on New Year's Day after announcing during a party that she has terminal cancer.

Sources have described her exit as the most "epic" and "moving" in EastEnders history.

St Clement announced that she would be leaving the role back in July

alan45
13-11-2011, 01:18
ALBERT Square legend Pat Evans is given a traditional East End funeral – the biggest the soap has ever filmed.

, the cast of the BBC1 soap were out in force yesterday and some even cried real tears as they filmed the emotional episode.

The heartbreaking scenes mark the departure of Pam St Clement, 69, after 25 years playing the character.

Her coffin arrives at the cemetery in a horse-drawn carriage before it is carried into the chapel as her distraught family look on.

Among them is son David Wicks (Michael French), stepson Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen), and grand-daughter Bianca (Patsy Palmer).

Stepdaughter Janine Malloy (Charlie Brooks) is comforted by boyfriend Michael Moon (Steve John Shepherd) after they turn up at the funeral in a black limo.

There was no sign of Pat’s other son Simon Wicks despite speculation that Nick Berry would be returning.

But with the cast having said an emotional goodbye to Pam last week with a bash at the soap’s Borehamwood studios, it all got too much for some of those closest to her.

An EastEnders insider said: “Pat’s exit was always going to be huge and fans will not be disappointed.

“Her death has produced some of the soap’s saddest-ever scenes and the funeral is no different. Her family pull out all the stops.
O
“Janine splashes the cash and makes it the biggest funeral Walford has ever seen as the locals celebrate Pat’s life.

“When her coffin turned up at the chapel in a horse-drawn carriage, there were one or two real tears shed by the cast.

“Pam was such a big part of Albert Square and it’s been quite an emotional time for a lot of people. She was given a send-off at the studio bar and managed to hold it together as she gave her speech. Her exit has been a fitting tribute to both Pam and Pat.”

As we exclusively revealed last week, the EastEnders matriarch suffers a fatal heart attack on New Year’s Eve days after she discovers she has terminal cancer.

But soap bosses are still refusing to confirm the details of her final scenes.

An EastEnders spokesman said: “There has been a lot of speculation.

“But we will not comment as we don’t want to spoil it.”

Star on Sunday (c)

Perdita
13-11-2011, 05:50
THE wreaths are flashier than her trademark earrings but EastEnders legend Pat Evans still manages to go out in style.

Fat Pat, played for 25 years by Pam St Clement, 69, is taken to her funeral by a horse-drawn hearse surrounded by her screen family and friends.

Returning son David Wicks (Michael French), granddaughter Bianca (Patsy Palmer), stepson Ricky (Sid Owen) and stepdaughter Janine (Charlie Brooks) were at the service that will be shown over Christmas.

The BBC are refusing to say whether Pat is killed by a fire, a heart attack or cancer.

The People

Perdita
13-11-2011, 06:14
More pics from Daily Mail

alan45
15-11-2011, 21:26
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01407/SNN15TV2EE-532_1407448a.jpg

PAT Evans' devastated son David Wicks looks forlorn at his mother's funeral.

His ex Carol Jackson stands by his side in scenes from the soap icon's spectacular EastEnders send-off, to be shown at Christmas.

Both Pat's sons — David, played by Michael French, and Simon (Nick Berry) — will return to Albert Square for the heartbreaking event.

Pam St Clement has played Pat for 25 years. Her character will soon fall terminally ill.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01407/SNN15TV2JW---5322_1407447a.jpg

Dead funny ... Jessie Wallace giggles with Shane Richie during funeral scenes

(c) The Sun

parkerman
16-11-2011, 07:10
PAT Evans' devastated son David Wicks looks forlorn at his mother's funeral.

It's nice to see he's still got time to come to his mother's funeral even though he is now the head of a busy A&E Department.

Not many relations make it back to Walford for funerals or weddings etc....

Katy
16-11-2011, 08:18
not a death at christmas

Chloe O'brien
16-11-2011, 11:01
Should be maybe start a raffle to see who's going to meet the Grim Reaper next Christmas.

alan45
16-11-2011, 11:14
not a death at christmas

EE wouldn't be EE if it didn't have a death at Christmas. The words Merry and Christmas don't go together in Walford.

Still with it being EE death is not always the end of things. If Pam St Clements wants to come back they will always invent some laughable storyline for her to return lie the did for Web Cam Man.

alan45
16-11-2011, 11:16
It's nice to see he's still got time to come to his mother's funeral even though he is now the head of a busy A&E Department.

Not many relations make it back to Walford for funerals or weddings etc....

Some of them like 'Shelle don't even make it back for ANY funerals

JustJodi
16-11-2011, 22:33
Some of them like 'Shelle don't even make it back for ANY funerals

who ???????????

Perdita
17-11-2011, 05:45
who ???????????

Michelle Fowler, Pauline's daughter, I guess

alan45
17-11-2011, 09:48
who ???????????
Michelle Fowler who moved to the US of A and allegedly was a very successful business person. Her mother, father and brother died and she wasn't at any of their funerals. She was known to everyone as '' Shelle "

parkerman
17-11-2011, 10:28
Michelle Fowler who moved to the US of A and allegedly was a very successful business person. Her mother, father and brother died and she wasn't at any of their funerals. She was known to everyone as '' Shelle "

She might have directed a few of the funerals though.....

alan45
17-11-2011, 11:38
She might have directed a few of the funerals though.....That is the puzzling thing. In reality she was a highly respected producer/director for the Beeb. For the sake of REALISM I would have thought that she could have stepped in front of the cameras in the obligatory black, shed a few tears and stepped back again. Obviously she didn't want to appear in the tosh that she was producing

Perdita
25-11-2011, 21:32
EastEnders legend Pat Evans's iconic earrings will auctioned off for charity prior to the character's upcoming exit.

The famous accessories will be sold off at a fundraiser for Brighton-based HIV care centre Sussex Beacon on December 7.

"This is going to be a great night with plenty of hilarity and fun, which the auction will only add to," Juley Ayres of the charity said. "We are so lucky to have some very special EastEnders memorabilia donated to help to raise funds for our Beacon Appeal.

"As always we are so grateful to all the wonderful artists for giving their time and talent to support the Beacon."

Sussex Beacon is hoping to raise £150,000 in order for the inpatient facility to be kept open, the Littlehampton Gazette reports.

In July, Pam St Clement announced her decision to leave EastEnders after 25 years.

Perdita
03-12-2011, 21:50
EASTENDERS star Pam St Clement is swapping life in Walford to help train guide dogs for the deaf.

Millions of viewers will see her character Pat Butcher have a heart attack and die next month after learning she has cancer.

Although Pam – famous for her leopard print outfits and jaw-dropping *earrings – is saying farewell to her *alter-ego after 25 years she has vowed not to remove *herself from the spotlight completely.

She is planning to launch Pawprints Appeal to train lots more hearing dogs in the new year.

Pam, 69, was inspired to raise funds for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity after *becoming friends with deaf dog lover Linda Duckling, right.

Linda was left *distraught in October last year when her six-year-old dog Rascal *became ill and had to be put to sleep.

Linda, 64, from North London, lost both her best friend and her *awareness to sounds and *began to feel vulnerable and isolated. Pam stepped in and has now pledged to support the charity, *using her *new-found free time.

Pam said: “Last year I was *privileged to get to know Linda and Rascal when he won a Hearing Dog of the Year award.

“We couldn’t *predict what *happened to Rascal, but we’re working very hard to reduce the time that people like Linda have to wait for a hearing dog.

“That is why I have launched my Pawprints Appeal.

“And with your *support we can make a difference – *every penny counts.”

Hearing dogs are *provided to deaf people for free, but the charity *relies on *donations to train and place as many dogs as *possible with their prospective *owners, so they do not have to wait too long *before *getting *another one.

Pam explained: “It costs £10,000 to put a dog through the *advanced *training it needs to be ready for *partnership with a deaf person.

“With the help of the *public we can raise the vital funds to train *replacement dogs and *reduce the waiting time for *recipients like Linda, who have lost their *special companion.”

She said the *charity urgently needs more funds so it can *train many more dogs each year.

Pam added: “As well as new *applicants, there are *currently 40 deaf people on our waiting list .

“They all have dogs that have *either retired or sadly passed away. We want to ensure that more trained dogs are ready to step into the pawprints of their predecessors, so we can reduce the length of this *difficult waiting period.”

Pam’s appeal will also highlight the growing need for *second, third and *sometimes fourth dogs for deaf people, who have been left *without help after their *companion dies or can no *longer work.

They are much more than pets and waiting months for a new *partner can destroy a deaf *person’s confidence to go out alone.

Pam said: “Linda’s story helps us *understand the importance of a deaf person having a dog within the shortest possible time.

“With your help, we can plan for the future needs of recipients like Linda and provide a new hearing dog within the shortest possible time of a dog passing away.”

 For more information about Pam’s Pawprints Appeal, visit www.hearingdogs.org.uk.

The People

Dutchgirl
04-12-2011, 18:01
Good on her!

alan45
09-12-2011, 01:40
TRAGIC Pat Evans will finally reunite with Patrick Trueman with a Christmas snog under the Walford mistletoe.

But he will be left bereft when she suffers a massive heart attack and dies alone over Christmas.

A source said: "Pat and Patrick become close over the festivities but before anything can really happen between them it is too late."

Pat has been played by veteran actress Pam St Clement since 1986.

In July she announced she was going, saying: "Leaving the EastEnders family will be akin to a bereavement.

"But I'm looking forward to the other work and life opportunities I will now have the time to pursue."

Pat's funeral scenes have been filmed. Insiders promise viewers will be left in tears

Perdita
14-12-2011, 12:28
EastEnders legend Barbara Windsor has admitted that she is "devastated" over Pam St Clement's departure from the soap.

The actress, who played Walford matriarch Peggy Mitchell between 1994 and 2010, predicted that St Clement will be "sorely missed" by EastEnders fans once her final scenes as Pat Evans air at New Year.

St Clement announced her decision to leave EastEnders back in the summer, explaining that she wished to pursue "other work and life opportunities" after 25 years with the show. Pat's final storyline will see the iconic character pass away following a short period of ill health.

Speaking of the star's EastEnders exit, Windsor today told This Morning: "Oh, I can't bear it - Pam! And she will be sorely missed - more than I was missed in the show, because she could go to anybody - any family she could go into. I am devastated."

"She definitely wanted to leave, but I don't know if she wanted to be killed off - that's the chance you have to take," Windsor continued. "I was positive that I was going to go up in a load of flames with The Vic - I thought that was going to happen, but of course it didn't.

"With Pam, I was very, very surprised, because she could always go back. But she's accepted it now and she'll have a new life."

Windsor also confirmed that she is unlikely to return to her role as Peggy but would not rule out the possibility completely.

Asked whether she would play the character again, she replied: "I don't think so, no. You can't say that - you mustn't say no. I love the show very, very much and my 16 years [there] was the best thing ever. I loved it and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. But I don't know."

EastEnders will air Pat's final episode on New Year's Day.

tammyy2j
14-12-2011, 14:00
So Peggy isnt back for Pat's funeral

Perdita
14-12-2011, 14:11
So Peggy isnt back for Pat's funeral

I never thought she would be

tammyy2j
14-12-2011, 14:13
I never thought she would be

I thought she mentioned in some lot of spoilers of being at the funeral or a party in the pub

Perdita
14-12-2011, 14:17
I thought she mentioned in some lot of spoilers of being at the funeral or a party in the pub

speculation, I guess

tammyy2j
14-12-2011, 14:53
I wonder is Alan behind her not returning :p

alan45
22-12-2011, 15:06
http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x405/soaps_eastenders_pat_exit_david_return_1.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x412/soaps_eastenders_pat_exit_david_return_2.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x426/soaps_eastenders_pat_exit_david_return_4.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x412/soaps_eastenders_pat_exit_david_return_5.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x405/soaps_eastenders_pat_exit_david_return_7.jpg

And now the end is near....................................

tammyy2j
23-12-2011, 18:43
So when is Pat's party where she tells everyone she is dying?

Perdita
26-12-2011, 23:12
A trailer for Pat Evans's (Pam St Clement) exit from EastEnders has been unveiled.

The 30-second clip, which begins with the tagline "The end of a year, the end of an era", teases the legendary character's final moments and the return of her son David Wicks (Michael French) on New Year's Day.

An end to the long-running hostility between Pat and Janine (Charlie Brooks) is also hinted at, as the Albert Square villain finally realises the seriousness of her stepmother's condition.

Images released this week of Pat's departure revealed that she will also be confronted by old enemy Derek Branning (Jamie Foreman) on her deathbed, reigniting David's own feud with him after her passing.

Pam St Clement announced in July that she would be leaving EastEnders after 25 years as Pat.

Her final episode airs New Year's Day at 7pm on BBC One.

Perdita
27-12-2011, 09:22
EastEnders bids farewell to a legend at New Year as Pam St Clement bows out from her role as Pat Evans in emotional scenes.

Pat's health has been slowly deteriorating in recent weeks and the reality of her condition is about to be revealed as she is diagnosed with a terminal illness, before taking a sudden turn for the worse.

As Pat lies on her deathbed in the soap's extended New Year's Day episode, viewers will see family, friends and foes all gather to say their goodbyes before she passes away.

Here, Pam chats about her final EastEnders scenes and reflects on 25 and a half years playing one of Walford's most-loved characters.

How have you found your final few weeks on EastEnders?
"It's been a busy few weeks on EastEnders, I think you could say. Emotional from the point of view of the performance and also tough from the point of view of the performance - and also it's been quite a challenge."

How do you think the viewers are going to react to the storyline?
"I think it's going to be a very powerful week. The lead-up to the final hour is very powerful indeed - and I think that final hour is going to be fairly special, actually.

"It's something quite brave for EastEnders. It's intensive, it's very concentrated, and sometimes we tend to concentrate on the big, the events, the things that happen, the big geography and the big emotions - and we don't sort of go inwards as much as we used to in the early days.

"Back then, it was then totally based on people rather than events. Television has changed in general, so it's not surprising."

How is Pat feeling about her current health issues?
"I think that Pat is just concerned with the burden of what's happening domestically to the family, and she thinks it's actually causing a kick-back effect. She knows already that she has a heart condition. She's had two pacemakers fitted, so she knows, or she thinks she knows what that's all about.

"She is trying to solve the family issues first, and because of Norman, she's got the house into the situation where they may have it taken away from them."

Janine is also putting on a lot of pressure over the loan repayments…
"I'm sure in a strange sort of way Janine thinks she's doing a kind and right thing, in the Janine way! But the trouble is you never know where you are with Janine so that's even more anxiety for Pat."

What's your take on Pat and Janine's turbulent relationship?
"Janine and Pat's relationship is very complex. Pat unwillingly took on Janine. When Frank said, 'Let's get married' and Pat asked about his children, he said, 'Well the two oldest will come and live with us over the pub - the youngest will be in Manchester'. Pat wasn't up for being a mother of five, six children, so that was fine. But he dropped the bombshell when they got back from their honeymoon and said, 'By the way, Janine's coming to live with us'. Pat went fairly spare really, but having been given that responsibility, she then tried her best.

"But any child who is foisted upon a woman who is living above a pub who smokes and drinks is going to resent that woman. And she resented her like mad, she played up every which way. She wasn't vicious at that time, she was just disturbed. And I think it went from there, it went from bad to worse really."

How important is Ian to Pat's life?
"I think she's very realistic about Ian. She knows he's a materialistic little b**tard! I don't think if she had a choice of friends to make she'd say Ian Beale - she's seen him make a mess of his life.

"Strangely enough, despite being Pete Beale's son, the turning point for her was the fact that with such charity and grace, Ian took on a son that wasn't his. When Cindy was pregnant with Steven, I think that, in a strange way, made her respectful of Ian. So you know, deep down, she does think he's okay despite all his flaws."

Looking back on Pat's relationship with Frank, is there anything you think she would have done differently? Does she have any regrets?
"The trouble is most of them weren't her decisions. It wasn't her decision not to marry Frank - Frank was already engaged when they met. So that's why she spent many of her years trying to get over the grief that she wasn't with the man that she loved.

"Later everything that happened to her and him was not Pat's decision. It wasn't her decision that he walked out on her because he couldn't cope with the fire in the car lot. Well, it was her decision to marry Roy, but she thought Frank was out of her life forever - so it wasn't her decision that he came back and caused ructions."

But there was genuine love between Pat and Roy…
"A very gentle love yes, very gentle. They learned to tolerate and be accepting of each other and I think she thought, 'Actually, this is rather nice as I'm getting older. Yes I have a dependable man who is like chalk and cheese as far as Frank and Roy is concerned'."

After 25 and a half years, why do you think people love the character of Pat so much?
"It's strange because even in the early years I thought I'd get hate mail, but I didn't. And I think that what people liked was a vivacious go-getting person with an interesting history - and a person who under it all was really quite vulnerable."

Pat is well-known for her make-up and the earrings. How did the development of her image come about?
"Most of the physical development of it, of Pat's image came from me. I love the idea that women of my generation and of that particular place and time that Pat came from - that sort of social place - tend to be stuck in their heyday. So I think that the blue eyeshadow and the bright pink lipstick was very much her heyday.

"When I first came in, the hairstyle was the fringe in the front down, and the hair lower down the neck. That was loosely based on a bus conductress that I saw. You know, it's ridiculous, isn't it? We actors are parasites, we feed on everything we're experiencing and seeing!"

Are there any particular storylines that stand out for you?
"There are probably so many highlights. It's so difficult after 25 and a half years to actually point out something specific. I think meeting up with Frank was probably one of them, which would have been round about '86 probably. She got a letter from him and went off with the women's darts team and she met him for lunch and reminisced.

"Another would be Frank and Pat's wedding. Then the affair when she was married to Roy and the consequent triangle, the 'You bitch, you cow' - all that."

That brings us to Pat's relationship with Peggy…
"The strange thing about Pat and Peggy is that they loved to hate each other. Well, they hate to love each other! There are very few relationships in life which start at one point and automatically develop to the complete opposite. Most relationships go up and down. And that's what happened to Pat and Peggy.

"They didn't like each other because the men got in the way. And the first time there was a chink of possibility of a relationship was when Frank was supposedly dead in Spain. Which was a complete con, but it was as though a burden had been lifted from them. And the same thing occurred to a greater extent when Frank actually died. I think their relationship flourished after that point, because there was no longer the spectre of something between them.

"And they were both getting older, for goodness sakes. Peggy had medical problems and she started to feel her age. They could acquaint with each other. They had been there, done it, got the T-shirt. They understood each other's backgrounds. They still had their little blips when defending their families, but they were tight."

What are you going to miss the most about EastEnders?
"The people - I am definitely going to miss the people. The cast, many of whom are friends now and will remain friends, so that's fine. I won't miss them because I'll see them, not on a regular basis but I will see them.

"I'll miss everybody in production and beyond, because there's a very tight core of loyal people here - loyal to the show, loyal to each other and they've been in saddle for a long time and I've known them for a long time. We have wonderful camera crew, sound crew. They're probably the ones with the greatest longevity. Directors, but who knows, I might see them on the outside because directors do come and go."

How much are you going to miss Pat?
"It's funny, because I'm not sure that I can answer this question until I actually put her down, which will be when my final scenes are transmitted. Maybe even after that, because obviously the aftermath will have a knock-on effect. So I don't think I can answer that until I can put the show away, which will be later in 2012, and then I shall be completely over it. Then my grieving process can start if it's going to!"

Will you be watching Pat's final episodes?
"Yes probably, although I may record it and watch it at a later date. Depends if everybody I'm with wants to watch it! I do hope it moves people. It always worried me at the time that I was doing it - I said this to the director - that I hope I wasn't being unutterably boring and playing one note. But I did work hard not to, and I hope that comes over and I also hope that people feel that my performance was geared for them to feel."

Pat's final EastEnders episode airs on Sunday, January 1 at 7pm on BBC One.

lizann
28-12-2011, 17:20
Sounds like Pat's death is very rushed

alan45
30-12-2011, 02:45
ON a hushed TV set in Elstree Pam St Clement filmed her final scenes as EastEnders legend

But despite it being the end of an era for the 69-year-old actress, she did not shed a single tear.
Millions of viewers won't be able to show such restraint when Pat Evans succumbs to cancer on New Year's Day.
Here, in Pam's first ever newspaper interview she reveals what it was like saying goodbye to the character she has played for 25 years.
Pam, who filmed Pat's death in November, says: "I didn't cry because for me it isn't the end.
"My contribution to the show will not have ended until my last scenes are transmitted.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01429/snf3012firs-532_1429986a.jpg First Christmas ... Pat with EastEnders pals

"It's like grieving. I haven't had the death so I can't mourn yet. Then I will go into mourning."
Describing the mood on set, she explains: "There were a lot of people watching. Everybody seems to come out of the woodwork so they can say they were there when they saw an actor's last scene.
"There were tears from quite a lot of people. They would look at me and start crying. Every time Shane Richie, who plays Alfie Moon, looked at me, he'd start.
"But having done those last scenes it was the best night's sleep I've ever had. I was exhausted.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01429/snf3012bea-532_1429985a.jpg Hubby one ... Pat with Pete Beale

"I'd been filled up like a vessel to do these last scenes as Pat and suddenly it was all empty."
No-nonsense Pat may come across as tough but she has been a mother figure to many on the Square. She is best known for her love of big, flashy earrings, with many of the pairs worn on screen being sent in by her legion of fans.
However, well-spoken Pam, who has a passion for wildlife, doesn't think she and four-times married former prostitute Pat would get on.
She says: "Pat isn't someone that I'd be deeply friendly with.
"Our interests are different. She wouldn't like the same movies as me. I don't think we mix in the same circles.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01429/snf3012jef-532_1429988a.jpg Hubby two ... Brian Wicks

"Unlike me, to Pat an animal is just something that leaves hair all over the place."
Pam — who is extremely private and refuses to be photographed out of character, including for this interview — hopes to dedicate her new free time working for the charities she is an ambassador for and to voicing documentaries about animals.
Pat, whose maiden name is Harris, first appeared in EastEnders in 1986, having been married twice already. She wed Pete Beale in the Sixties then divorced him after having an affair with Brian Wicks, who became her second husband.
She arrived in Albert Square as Pat Wicks, despite leaving him because of his violent outbursts. Pat married Frank Butcher in 1989 and, after he fled the Square in 1994, she tied the knot with Roy Evans in 1996.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01429/snf3012but-532s_1429989a.jpg Hubby three ... Pat with Frank Butcher

But when Frank returned to Walford and married Peggy Mitchell, Pat couldn't resist his charms and the pair began an affair, which led to the infamous dicky-bow shots.
Pam says of the scene, in which Frank, played by the late Mike Reid, turned up on Pat's doorstep wearing nothing but a motorised bow tie: "I had quite a laugh over that. But I had to be very sensitive because Mike was very concerned and kept saying, 'It's ever so cold in here'. Bless his heart. Most men don't think twice about a girl taking off their clothes for a scene, but as soon as they have to...
"I controlled my mirth but it was worth it because that has become an iconic moment.
Pam has had her fair share of shocking storylines, something EastEnders never shies away from. But sometimes she wishes the soap's plot-lines weren't as outrageous and more like normal life.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01429/snf3012royz-532_1429987a.jpg Hubby four ... Pat with Roy Evans

She says: "As a drama, it's distilled life. It cuts out the boring bits like going to the loo.
"But it's meant to reflect society. I think sometimes it only reflects one side of society and the more positive parts aren't reflected enough, which saddens me.
"There are good deeds that aren't emphasised enough.
"And I'm not too sure that one little area of London has quite as much violence and adultery as ours does."
Pam began thinking about quitting EastEnders after the show celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2010 with a special live episode.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01429/snf3012bow-532_1429984a.jpg Charmer ... Frank Butcher

She says: "I thought while I could still remember lines and not bump into furniture it would be a good idea to get out there and do other things that tickle my fancy.
"I'd like to do some period dramas. Maybe Downton Abbey, so long as Dame Maggie is prepared to give up some of her one-liners, which I doubt she is."
After the producers realised they wouldn't be able to persuade Pam to stay she was bestowed with the highest of soap accolades — a festive demise.
Her character joins a long line of deaths which have left fans sobbing into their sherries, from Pauline Fowler's dramatic collapse in the snow to heart-throb Jamie Mitchell's death as Sonia sobbed at his hospital bedside.

Pat's last moments are set to be equally heartbreaking, especially as it brings the return of her son David Wicks, played by Michael French.
Viewers of Sunday's extended episode, which will be aired on BBC1 at 7pm, will see Pat on her deathbed as Walford residents come to pay their respects. But this being EastEnders, her passing won't be uneventful.
Pam says: "They didn't just want me to say ta-ta and get on the No30 bus because that wouldn't do me justice. They wanted something dramatic, a fitting tribute to the character.
"It's been a great challenge. It's probably been one of the most difficult storylines I've had.
"When I read the script of the final episode for the first time, I thought, 'My God, I can't do this'."
Pat's death will leave a huge void for fans, especially as two other strong, older female characters — Pauline Fowler and Peggy Mitchell — have also left.
Pam says: "A trio of people all of the same age leaving does leave a gap. Who is next in the age line? There isn't anyone.
"It's possibly the end of the matriarchs."
Pam will miss her work "family" and the "second home" that has been Elstree studios in Hertfordshire. She will stay in touch with many of her friends from the show including Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell), Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson), Patsy Palmer (Bianca Butcher), Linda Henry (Shirley Carter) and Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher).
And she has no regrets at spending most of her career just playing one character.
She says: "If I had not played the same role for 25 years but had gone from job to job, like most actors, I wouldn't have played the gamut of stuff that I have been allowed to play in this.
"It has been phenomenal and I will never ever forget that.
"I'd like to be remembered as someone who gave the audience everything they wanted from the character. The fight, tenacity, vulnerability and bitchiness, when it was needed.
"I hope there isn't anything I've left unturned, but I expect there is because there will always be something that people will want.
"But I suppose that's good in a way, to leave them wanting more."

l ([email protected])

alan45
31-12-2011, 02:48
Pat Evans's final EastEnders episode will feature a new version of the soap's theme tune as a tribute to the much-loved character, Digital Spy can confirm.

Simon May, who composed the original EastEnders theme in 1984, has reworked the tune to create 'Pat's Theme' - which will play out at the end of the Albert Square legend's last episode.

EastEnders bids a heartbreaking farewell to Pat on New Year's Day following her recent diagnosis of terminal cancer.

In real life, meanwhile, Pam St Clement has decided to bow out from EastEnders to pursue other work and life opportunities.

EastEnders fans will already be familiar with the show's long-standing alternative tune 'Julia's Theme', which traditionally airs at the end of episodes featuring intense emotion or drama.

Peggy Mitchell, played by Barbara Windsor, also had her own version called 'Peggy's Theme' when she departed Walford in September 2010.

The New Year's Day episode of EastEnders will also feature an updated opening title sequence, as the Olympic Park will be included in the graphics for the first time. The sporting complex will play host to the Summer Olympics and Paralympics in 2012.

© BBC

An EastEnders insider told Digital Spy: "It's only right that as we say goodbye to the iconic Pat Evans we pay tribute to such a character with a wonderfully touching special theme tune.

"As we say farewell to a legend of over 26 years, we welcome in what will be a truly remarkable New Year in E20 by adding the Olympic Park into the opening title sequence."

EastEnders airs a 70-minute-long episode on New Year's Day from 7pm.

Glen1
31-12-2011, 14:36
Peggy Mitchel should have had the Dwarfs theme tune from Snow White as her swan song.( No insult intended to short people ) .Just never liked her character and hope she ain't reprising her roll in Deadenders.

sarah c
31-12-2011, 15:01
Peggy Mitchel should have had the Dwarfs theme tune from Snow White as her swan song.( No insult intended to short people ) .Just never liked her character and hope she ain't reprising her roll in Deadenders.

but she should have at least come back in the background of the funeral for Pat?

Glen1
31-12-2011, 17:00
Yes, good point Sarah, she's entitled to that at least.

Ruffed_lemur
01-01-2012, 19:36
but she should have at least come back in the background of the funeral for Pat?

Be good if she left flowers for Pat, or someone said they'd seen her sobbing in the background. Would be a nice touch.

alan45
02-01-2012, 11:14
Cheryl Cole was among the celebrities who paid tribute to EastEnders legend Pat Evans tonight (January 1) as her emotional final scenes aired.

Pat, played by Pam St Clement, passed away in an extended New Year's Day episode following her recent diagnosis of terminal cancer. Friends and family, including her son David (Michael French), gathered to say their goodbyes during her final moments.

In real life, meanwhile, St Clement has decided to bow out from EastEnders after 25 and a half years to pursue other work and life opportunities.

Writing on Twitter after the episode aired, Cole commented: "Please tell me I'm not the only person to have shed a tear at #Eastenders?? Is there something wrong with me..? #Goodbyepat #endofanearring."

Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand also tuned in, telling his online followers: "Watching Pat Butcher fade out in #eastenders is getting the family emotional, come on u can pull through, use Dot Cotton as the inspiration!"

He added: "Janine cracks me up!! Bianca stop crying please because the kleenex are at the ready if we see another tear! #eastenders."

Former Hollyoaks star Gerard McCarthy (Kris Fisher) tweeted: "EastEnders was epic tonight! Bryan Kirkwood, Simon Ashdown, Pam St Clement and cast and crew take a bow."

DJ Annie Mac remarked: "The Queen of Clip On Earrings is dead. R.I.P Pat Butcher."

St Clement's long-time co-star Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) also paid tribute to Pat on Twitter shortly before the episode began.

Woodyatt said: "Less than an hour until the end of an earring. Goodbye Pat Harris Beale Wicks Butcher Evans, we will miss you."

Pat's final EastEnders episode ran for 70 minutes and concluded with a reworked version of the soap's theme tune as a tribute to the much-loved character.

In the coming days, viewers will see the matriarch's family dealing with their grief in the build-up to her funeral, which airs on January 13.

Returnee David will also have to contend with threats from twisted Derek Branning (Jamie Foreman), who is keen to settle their old score once and for all.

sarah c
02-01-2012, 14:43
Be good if she left flowers for Pat, or someone said they'd seen her sobbing in the background. Would be a nice touch.

agreed, you wouldnt want her hogging the limelight, but some reference to her having made a tribute, or been but been too upset to stay?

alan45
03-01-2012, 00:27
EastEnders airs Pat Evans's emotional funeral episode next week and official pictures showing the sad day for Walford have now been released.

Led by Reverend Stevens, the church service gives thanks for Pat's life as her friends and family gather to celebrate the Albert Square legend.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/52/618x390/soaps_eastenders_4357_1.jpg
© BBC

Viewers will see Pat's stepson Ricky (Sid Owen) try to say a few words in memory of her, but when he is too upset to continue, it's Janine (Charlie Brooks) who steps in to deliver a moving tribute.

Later, Pat's coffin is carried out to 'Sweet Caroline' - one of her favourite songs - before the mourners throw earth on top of the coffin at the graveside.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/52/618x450/soaps_eastenders_4357_4.jpg
© BBC

Meanwhile, in the build-up to Pat's send-off, the spark between David Wicks (Michael French) and Carol Jackson (Lindsey Coulson) is reignited as they declare their love for each other.

However, with vengeful Derek Branning (Jamie Foreman) vowing to come after David as soon as Pat is buried, will he follow through with his threats once the funeral is over?

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/52/618x408/soaps_eastenders_4355_2.jpg
© BBC

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/52/618x426/soaps_eastenders_4355_3.jpg
© BBC

EastEnders airs Pat's funeral in an extended 40-minute episode airing on Friday, January 13 at 8pm on BBC One.

Chloe O'brien
03-01-2012, 18:52
They should have had Mo visiting Pat with the missing beauty contest sash, instead of waiting until she died.

parkerman
03-01-2012, 19:14
It's interesting that Pat and Mo were at Butlin's Clacton in 1958. Two of the red coats that year at Clacton were two youngsters called Roy Hudd and Dave Allen. Another youngster having his first ever professional engagement that year at the camp was someone by the name of Harry Webb, known by the stage name of Cliff Richard. I wonder whatever happened to him after that first engagement.

Oh yes, and the football coach that season was Jimmy Hill.

So quite a celebrity packed year...although no-one knew it at the time.

Perdita
04-01-2012, 10:32
EastEnders legend Pam St Clement has admitted that she did not want her character Pat Evans to be killed off - but thought her final episode was "fantastic".

Fans of the soap watched Pat die on New Year's Day after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her family and friends were seen gathering to say their goodbyes in an extended 70-minute edition of the show.

In real life, meanwhile, St Clement announced her decision to leave EastEnders in July 2011, confirming that she wished to pursue "other work and life opportunities".

Speaking on This Morning today, St Clement said of her exit storyline: "To be honest with you, I didn't want the character to die. Not just because I was being a typical actor and wanted a comfort zone and safety net to fall back on in case. But also because I felt that a particular generation of characters in Albert Square was getting a bit thin on the ground, so you didn't have that to call on.

"I mean, there's Barbara [Windsor] if she wanted to go back - she's still there. I always put it like, characters like myself are like the fruitcake, and all the people who do the sexy scenes are like the icing. But we form the foundation which is necessary for that."

St Clement added that, despite her concerns, she was thrilled when she read the script for Pat's swan song.

"Simon Ashdown had this idea for the character, which fitted in with her history in a sense," she explained. "They said, 'This is how we'd like it to happen - we think it's a fitting end and tribute to the character'.

"And as far as I can say, I read the script and I thought, 'Oh, this is fantastic - it's every actor's dream'. And I have to say, it also challenged me in a way that I hadn't been challenged. It was moving, it was challenging and it was a script that I needed to get my teeth into.

"The script, the performances, the direction - it all turned out to be a fantastic ensemble piece, if you like… Everybody was pulling in, everybody was doing the most wonderful performances and it was fantastic."

Upcoming EastEnders episodes will see Pat's family continue to struggle with their loss. Her funeral airs on Friday, January 13 at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
04-01-2012, 16:11
EastEnders legend Pam St Clement has revealed that she was "moved" by the BBC's Farewell Pat tribute.

The 30-minute special was screened by BBC One on Monday evening - a day after viewers had watched the actress's iconic character Pat Evans pass away from cancer. The programme took a look back at some of Pat's best moments and included behind-the-scenes access.

Speaking on Daybreak this morning, St Clement confirmed that she watched her final EastEnders episode with family and friends on New Year's Day - before tuning in for the tribute the following evening.

St Clement explained: "I wasn't going to watch [the final episode] with anybody - I was going to record it and then watch it in a darkened room somewhere, where I could be terribly critical and jump about saying, 'Stupid woman - why did you play it like that?'

"But everybody said, 'Oh no, sit down'. I said, 'I don't want to disturb you all' - but I did make myself behave! And I was quite dispassionate, actually. The strange thing is, after I read the script, I was very moved by it. But as soon as I started working on it, I think everybody did start getting quite emotional - but I couldn't.

"Even about myself leaving - people in the cast would come up and say, 'How do you feel?' and I'd say, 'I can't go there, I can't think about that, because the work's not finished'.

"The strange thing is, the only thing that moved me was the Farewell Pat programme. Which is strange, but I suppose that was personal in a sense."

St Clement also discussed the experience of filming Pat's final episode, which saw the matriarch's loved ones gathering to say goodbye before she died.

"It was a great challenge, that script," she commented. "I looked at it and thought, 'Oh, heck, how do I give light and shade to something where somebody is actually dying?'

"And some of the scenes could have been interpreted as being somewhat similar with Janine and David. So I had to make them different - but I had to make them different within the confines of the illness."

EastEnders will air Pat's funeral episode on Friday, January 13 at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
12-01-2012, 20:05
EastEnders bosses will air a special bonus tribute to Walford legend Pat Evans at the end of her funeral episode, Digital Spy can confirm.

Pat is laid to rest in Friday evening's (January 13) edition of the soap, which will run for the extended time of 40 minutes.

Show chiefs have now teased that the episode will end with an "extra special treat" paying tribute to Pat (Pam St Clement).

EastEnders fans are being urged to stay tuned in until the closing credits roll to see the tribute.

An EastEnders insider commented: "Pat is EastEnders - she was the heart and soul of the show and bosses have pulled out all the stops for her funeral. Not only is the episode extra long, with plenty of nods to the iconic lady, it really is the end of the earring.

"We are hoping that everyone dons their biggest and tackiest earrings to mark one of the saddest days in the history of Walford."

EastEnders airs Pat's funeral on Friday at 8pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
13-01-2012, 10:04
It was good that David returned for the funeral but really Simon, Stephen, Joe, Diane and Clare also should have came back

Chloe O'brien
13-01-2012, 10:45
I thought Simon was coming back according to Nick Berry last summer what happened with that.

Perdita
13-01-2012, 11:17
I thought Simon was coming back according to Nick Berry last summer what happened with that.

That had been reported but I thought Simon was stoney broke in New Zealand, maybe he can't afford to travel

Perdita
13-01-2012, 13:15
EastEnders fans will see a shock return for Simon Wicks in tonight's episode, it has emerged.

Simon, played by Nick Berry, makes a one-off appearance following the funeral of his mum Pat Evans, The Sun has revealed. :cheer:

The special scene, which was only recorded yesterday, will see Simon pay a secret visit to Pat's grave in the dead of night to lay some flowers.

Simon does not attend the actual service as he has been arguing with his half-brother David (Michael French), who returned to Albert Square on New Year's Day to see Pat before she died.

EastEnders bosses are expected to air Simon's scene at the very end of tonight's episode after the credits have rolled.

The news comes after show chiefs promised an "extra special treat" paying tribute to Pat this evening.

EastEnders airs tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
13-01-2012, 16:15
EastEnders actress Lindsey Coulson has paid tribute to former co-star Pam St Clement, admitting that her departure is a "real loss" to the show.

St Clement filmed her final EastEnders scenes last year and fans saw her character Pat Evans make an emotional exit on New Year's Day, when the Albert Square matriarch passed away from cancer.

Coulson, who plays Carol Jackson, today told This Morning that filming Pat's death and funeral episodes had been an emotional experience.

"They were really difficult scenes to play, because we didn't want Pam to leave," Coulson explained. "So apart from not wanting to lose the wonderful character of Pat, we were mourning the loss of Pam.

"You don't see everybody all the time [at EastEnders] at all, and sometimes you can go for months without seeing somebody. And most of the time you're on this big wheel and when people leave, you go, 'Oh, that's really sad', but you get back on. But actually Pam is a real loss up there."

Pat's friends and family will be seen gathering for her funeral in tonight's episode, which runs in an extended 40-minute timeslot.

However, amid all the emotion, Carol has a big decision to make as David Wicks (Michael French) wants her to leave Walford with him.

Coulson explained: "He is the love of her life, and I think she genuinely believes him this time. She's very gullible, isn't she? And he seems very honest and very truthful."

EastEnders airs tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

JustJodi
13-01-2012, 16:29
I think EE would go broke if they dug up all those actors out of the moth balls to return for just this one episode LOL but it would be nice if Pat's kids would ALL be there :-) Just glad "David " is there ....

alan45
13-01-2012, 21:42
The wife was watching Pat's funeral on EastEnders."Why are you getting so sad?" I asked."I'm not," she replied.I replied

, "You are, you're watching EastEnders."

alan45
13-01-2012, 21:45
I think EE would go broke if they dug up all those actors out of the moth balls to return for just this one episode LOL but it would be nice if Pat's kids would ALL be there :-) Just glad "David " is there ....

Children don't go to their parents funerals in EE.

Ask Michelle. Or of course if your name is Den Watts you get to have two funerals

alan45
14-01-2012, 00:17
EastEnders' Simon Wicks appeared on screens for the first time in 21 years tonight (Friday) as the BBC soap aired Pat Evans's funeral episode.

Simon, played by Nick Berry, missed the service itself due to his animosity with half-brother David - but fans saw him pay his own private tribute to his late mother in a special scene screened after the closing credits.

Secretly heading to Pat's grave in the dead of night, Simon laid down a bouquet of flowers as a mark of remembrance, before saying: "Goodbye mum."

Simon's return was a one-off cameo appearance and it is believed that show bosses only filmed the scene yesterday (Thursday).

The episode also saw the conclusion of Michael French's return stint as David, who fled the Square without Carol Jackson (Lindsey Coulson) - leaving her devastated.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/02/618x347/soaps_eastenders_simon_wicks_return_1.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/02/618x347/soaps_eastenders_simon_wicks_return_2.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/02/618x347/soaps_eastenders_simon_wicks_return_3.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/02/618x347/soaps_eastenders_simon_wicks_return_4.jpg

Dutchgirl
15-01-2012, 19:07
I missed the end credit! And the last ten minutes, due to a colliding with an other program on my harddisk recorder.:(

JustJodi
15-01-2012, 23:23
I missed the end credit! And the last ten minutes, due to a colliding with an other program on my harddisk recorder.:(

this might help:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=youtube+eastenders+13+jan+2012

alan45
19-01-2012, 23:13
Former EastEnders actor Martin Kemp has said that Pam St Clement's decision to leave the soap was the "right" thing to do.

Kemp starred opposite St Clement as Steve Owen between 1998 and 2002, and he believes that the veteran actress will now be able to "spread her wings" following her departure.

Pam St Clement bowed out of EastEnders as Pat Butcher on New Year's Day after first appearing in the soap in 1986.

Kemp told Bang Showbiz: "I still watch EastEnders from time to time. I did quite a few scenes with Pam, I remember we spent three or four days locked in a cellar once so we had quite some scenes. She's a great actress, I'm sure she'll go on to other things.

"I think she's making the right move, it's nice to spread your wings a bit. Although viewers will miss her I don't think anyone is bigger than the show, it doesn't matter who comes or who goes.

"When I was there I always thought the star of the show was and always will be the pub, the Queen Vic. Everything else is an extra around it."

Pam St Clement recently revealed that she didn't want Pat Butcher to die, but described her final episode as "fantastic".

Martin Kemp will appear as a guest star in Hustle on Friday at 9pm on BBC One.

Perdita
28-01-2012, 23:23
EASTENDERS’ Pam St Clement wants a licence to thrill by *becoming a cut-price Bond girl.

Pam, Pat Evans in the soap, dreams of starring with 007 Daniel Craig in the upcoming movie Skyfall.

And she is convinced Bond bosses’ decision to save cash by ditching exotic locations for Bognor is perfect for her. Pam, 69, who left EastEnders after 25 years earlier this month, also wants to prove she is not ready to retire yet.

She said: “I’ve always wanted to be a Bond girl. It’s a good thought, and Bognor why not?

“I was always down market, never into the glam and played character parts. So going for a Bond role is *fermenting in my mind.”

Pam reveals her unusual ambition on tonight’s That Sunday Night Show hosted by Adrian Chiles on ITV1.

She also criticised Labour leader Ed Miliband and overpaid footballers. She said: “Bless Ed Miliband, he’s his own worst enemy isn’t he? He is not charismatic. He would be better in the backroom.”

Pam said footballers *behaved badly as there was too much money in sport.

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/celebrities/2012/01/22/pam-st-clement-i-want-to-be-a-budget-price-bond-girl-102039-23710970/

Perdita
06-03-2012, 11:22
Former EastEnders star Pam St Clement has been revealed as This Morning's new animal expert.

The veteran soap star will be giving viewers "tips on how to tend to animals", reports The Mirror.

This Morning exec Karl Newton said: "Pam's passion for animal welfare is unrivalled and her charity work makes a difference. She will deal with everything from pets, working animals and wildlife."

St Clement said: "I'm excited to start a role I feel so passionate about."

She will first appear on the show next week with a segment about rehousing problem pets.

St Clement's final EastEnders episode aired on New Year's Day. The 69-year-old actress has worked on the BBC One series for over 25 years.

Perdita
23-04-2012, 16:20
EastEnders star Diane Parish has praised Pat Evans's send-off from the show ahead of this weekend's British Soap Awards, where the emotional moment is up for two prizes.

Pam St Clement's final performance as Pat has secured shortlist nominations in the 'Best Exit' and 'Best Single Episode' categories at this year's ceremony.

I remember everybody popping in to see Pat [and] just in a two-minute segment, you got that memory of the relationship she had with Ian for all those years, or the relationship that she'd built with Janine.

"It just draws up all those emotions and that's what is so great about the show lasting for 27 years. Pam, she had all of that - she harnessed it all. Seeing it all fade away with her character, I found quite moving."

EastEnders fans saw Denise play a key role in the soap's Christmas episodes in December as she tried to help her friend Zainab (Nina Wadia) escape the clutches of evil Yusef (Ace Bhatti).

Parish joked: "It came as a bit of a relief to [Denise] that it wasn't her for once! I think that's the thing with them - they've got a very strong bonded relationship, but also they like a bit of banter and they're there for each other. At the same time, they get their claws out, like friends do!"

The British Soap Awards take place in London on Saturday (April 28).

alan45
02-05-2012, 00:10
Former EastEnders star Pam St Clement has admitted that she was shocked by her success at the British Soap Awards.

The actress, who recently bowed out from her role as Pat Evans after 25 years, was presented with the 'Lifetime Achievement' prize at Saturday's ceremony in London. Charlie Brooks (Janine) and Sid Owen (Ricky) handed over the gong on the night.

St Clement today (May 1) told Loose Women that she had no idea of what was in store as her ex-colleagues kept her in the dark.

She laughed: "[It was] extraordinary! They said, 'Lifetime Achievement Award', Phillip [Schofield] was doing his usual wonderful thing and Sid and Charlie came walking on.

"I thought, 'Oh, that's interesting - must be something to do with 'Enders'. Then they started talking and slowly it started to drop! And I thought, 'Oh, you b**tards!' And do you know, I was actually entertaining some of them in my home only a week before."

The 69-year-old added that she is enjoying her new role as This Morning's animal expert and has no regrets over her EastEnders exit.

St Clement said: "Funnily enough, I think that since the beginning of the year it's been an opportunity to reclaim myself a little bit, in a strange sort of way. So I'm not missing Pat. I've put her to bed.

"If I started down that road, what's the point of regrets? You do something in life, you make a decision, go with it and stay with it. Even if you decide it's the wrong one, and I can't say I've made that decision yet - I might do in a couple of years - you do it and get on with it.

"The thing is, I've said to myself and my agent, I want to do things that are actually quite light and joyful. I think it's nice that I'm doing my This Morning slot. It's lovely to do that, because I'm me. And I think sometimes it's a surprise to people to see that 'me' is very different from Pat."

Perdita
04-05-2012, 12:06
Pam St Clement has confessed that she feels the death of her EastEnders character Pat was "an easy way out".

EastEnders viewers saw Albert Square stalwart Pat Evans die on Christmas Day, having been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

St Clement said that producers should have found a better storyline with which to write her out.

When asked by former co-star Joe Swash on ITV2's British Soap Awards: The Party whether she wanted Pat to die, St Clement responded: "No, Joe.

"To be honest with you I didn't particularly want to be killed off because I thought it was an easy way out and we had 14 months to prepare."

However, St Clement praised writers for her emotional final bedside scene, which saw the Walford matriarch say goodbye to her family and friends.

"But in the final event, I thought it was a fantastic way to go," she said.

On whether she misses being part of the soap's cast, she added: "I miss the people, obviously."

The 69-year-old has said that she was stunned to be given the 'Lifetime Achievement Award' at the British Soap Awards this year.

Perdita
06-09-2012, 06:40
ACTRESS Pam St Clement is obviously feline good about life.
The former EastEnder has bagged her first role since leaving the soap – playing a hook-handed, leopardskin-wearing miser.

Pam – who also wore leopardskin coats as Pat Evans in the BBC1 soap for 26 years – will star in new CBBC kids drama Leonardo as baddie Mazzola.

The episode airs as part of Leonardo’s second series later this month. The 15th-century drama, set in Florence, follows the adventures of the teenage painter.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4523045/Pam-St-Clement-lands-new-role-as-hook-handed-miser.html#ixzz25fJ3XRLu

Perdita
31-01-2015, 05:38
Pam St Clement has admitted that she felt let down by EastEnders, after she was told her iconic character of Pat Evans would not be killed off.

The actress - who left the soap three years ago after Pat died of cancer in the arms of her son David Wicks - revealed her shock at discovering her promise from producers wasn't kept.
http://i1.cdnds.net/11/52/618x412/soaps_eastenders_pam_st_clement_3.jpg
Pam St Clement (Pat Evans, EastEnders)
© BBC

"It was very, very difficult. I was saying goodbye to a character I'd inhabited for almost 26 years and, while I had chosen to leave EastEnders, I didn't want Pat to die," St Clement told The Mirror.

"I was adamant there should be a chance for her to return and had been assured by the executive producer she wouldn't be axed.

"When I felt the time had come to hang up the earrings I took Bryan Kirkwood, the then executive producer, out for dinner and broached the subject of leaving.

"One crucial thing I asked for was that Pat shouldn't be killed off. Bryan's response was unequivocal. He assured me that Pat wouldn't be axed."
http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x394/soaps_eastenders_4348_3.jpg
Derek goads Pat as she nears the end of her life
© BBC
Pat as she nears the end of her life

St Clement went on to say that John Yorke, then the BBC's head of series, also promised her they would "never kill off Pat". However, a few months later, Pat's passing was being planned.

"I was so shocked. Someone changed the goalposts. For the sake of a hard-hitting exit Pat would be 'brown bread'," she added.

"I truly don't know if I could have flatly refused to die – indeed, if I could have made any difference. I went away feeling empty and let down."

St Clement recently joined EastEnders' Gogglebox-style series Back to Ours, where she will watch some of Pat's memorable scenes on the sofa next to Barbara Windsor.

They should never have killed the character off :angry: