PDA

View Full Version : Jamil Fadel

Perdita
24-06-2011, 06:00
Hollyoaks star Sikander Malik has confirmed that he will be leaving the soap at the end of his current contract.

The actor, who plays unlucky-in-love student Jamil Fadel, has been with the show for almost a year - first appearing in online spinoff Hollyoaks Freshers before moving over to the main programme last September.

Speculation over the character's future began today when fans noticed that he does not feature in the updated Hollyoaks titles, which make their screen debut in tomorrow night's E4 'first look' airing.

Asked about Jamil's absence on Twitter this afternoon, Malik replied: "It's because due to my certain concerns, I have decided to leave Hollyoaks this year at the end of my contract."

Digital Spy understands that Jamil will depart screens in the autumn.

tammyy2j
24-06-2011, 10:31
No loss

Perdita
24-06-2011, 15:22
Hollyoaks star Sikander Malik has explained his decision to leave the soap, admitting that he feels that he has "more to give" as an actor.

Malik announced his departure from the Channel 4 show yesterday after fans noticed that he does not feature in the new Hollyoaks opening titles, which have been released online.

Discussing his exit on Twitter this morning, he commented: "As an actor, one always likes to be challenged, given the opportunity to explore your character, and be involved in something 'progressive'.

"Although I have had some completely awesome times working on our show, working with some extremely talented people and have had the good fortune to be paired with some of the finest directors in British television, I truly feel I have so much more to give as an actor, as a person."

Malik said that he agreed with Twitter followers who felt that Jamil should have played a more prominent role in storylines.

"Although I am a very patient and humble person by nature, at times it was very frustrating to hear the cries of the fans and agree totally with them, but for the sake of staying 'silent' for others, knowing that no matter how much I agree with you guys, it's ultimately out of my hands," he explained.

"At the end of the day, I have been a very fortunate person to be part of our tremendous show, a show that I am very proud of, but believe me when I tell you this, I don't like to be treated as a third wheel. That's not who I am, and that's not what I signed up for.

"So therefore I graciously, gratefully and gainfully bow out, taking with me all the many fond memories I have, but also a recollection of all the difficulties I have faced, which I believe have made me a stronger person.

"There have been a lot of changes at Hollyoaks, some have been very difficult, some have required a great deal of patience, but as a professional, one puts on a smile and says, 'The show must go on!' But don't worry! Having said that, there's still plenty of action to come from our man Jamil, so stay tuned to good old Hollyoaks!"

Malik joined the cast of Hollyoaks last summer, initially appearing in online spinoff Freshers before later moving over to the main show. His final scenes will air in the autumn.

lizann
24-06-2011, 21:45
Plenty of reality shows for him to show up on now