PDA

View Full Version : When Have You Laughed

Bryan
19-06-2005, 19:22
I've done a thread previosu to this: When Have You Cried?

know lets be positive :) and think about the times we've laughed at eastenders

bondboffin

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:23
Nana Moon: "I'm not dead yet"

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:23
Pat: "Well I'm, I'm shocked Dot"
Dot: "I didn't think you was shockable"

Carrie Bradshaw
19-06-2005, 19:25
Pretty much every scene with Minty and Gary in!

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:26
They're all the same!

Bryan
19-06-2005, 19:27
Pretty much every scene with Minty and Gary in!

the new neil morissey and matin clunes...

they need a couple of girls

bondboffin

littlemo
19-06-2005, 19:32
A lot of moments with Nana Moon, Alfie and Dot have been laughable and Janine telling Pat that she'd wished Barry hadn't worn slip on shoes when he died.

There's been some quite amusing moments with Dennis too, his constant sarcasam can have me in fits sometimes. A good example would be the night when Den came back. When Sharon said she had been to the canal, Dennis was bewildered why she went on her own, and said they could have fed the ducks and had an icecream. It's just stuff like that! I just love Dennis's character!

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:34
Actually Janine's line was "If only he'd worn slip-ons" because didn't she untie Barry's shoe lace so it looked like that's the reason he fell?

littlemo
19-06-2005, 19:42
Actually Janine's line was "If only he'd worn slip-ons" because didn't she untie Barry's shoe lace so it looked like that's the reason he fell?

Right, it's been so long now, I forgot the exact quote. Anyway that was really funny, but Dennis is in a league of his own, he's just really great!

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:44
Janine to Barry's urn under the stairs "Still getting in the way there Barry".

Rach33
19-06-2005, 19:52
Laughale scenes over the years hmmmm *thinking hard*

ok the whole Ferriera clan were one big joke after another

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:53
I liked the stereotype of Sasha Perkins the prozzy having a pet snake.

Bryan
19-06-2005, 19:53
Laughale scenes over the years hmmmm *thinking hard*

ok the whole Ferriera clan were one big joke after another

not a funny joke tough... more like a dad joke...

bondboffin

Treacle
19-06-2005, 19:55
It's a shame their dad had to leave there was so much more they could have done had he stayed.

Bryan
19-06-2005, 19:57
It's a shame their dad had to leave there was so much more they could have done had he stayed.

like what?

bondboffin

Treacle
19-06-2005, 20:03
Well for starters we wouldn't have had kidneygate because that was only quickly wrote in when their dad couldn't return to work. Plus they would/could have explored the relationship with Tariq in more depth and how Dan would accept him as a son.

Bryan
19-06-2005, 20:06
Well for starters we wouldn't have had kidneygate because that was only quickly wrote in when their dad couldn't return to work. Plus they would/could have explored the relationship with Tariq in more depth and how Dan would accept him as a son.

cant believe they never explained his exit

i thought they should have said he got runover.... by an elephant!

bondboffin

Rach33
19-06-2005, 20:07
Does anyone remember when Lynne was planning her wedding and those arwful bridesmaid dresses turned up they were pink and huge and the brides dress was fallin apart I thought that scene was brilliant

I also liked some of the Hen Night stuff before Kat's little truth telling especially when Kat got Bel drunk

littlemo
19-06-2005, 20:07
like what?

bondboffin

A good point, but they might have made more of the whole Tariq storyline if Dan was still around. To me the whole point of having Tariq turn out to be Dan's son was the reaction on his father's face when he found out the truth, or found out that Tariq knew the truth. All we saw was what it was like for his siblings, and even that was shoved under the carpet quicker than you could blink. Dan was always shown as a control freak, I think he would have had something to say about the situation. However much I hated the Ferraria family, it was wrong to have no proper conclusion to this storyline.

Bryan
19-06-2005, 20:09
i think dan should have returned and found dead... which fereria sibling killed him? they all seemed to have a motive

bondboffin

Treacle
A good point, but they might have made more of the whole Tariq storyline if Dan was still around. To me the whole point of having Tariq turn out to be Dan's son was the reaction on his father's face when he found out the truth, or found out that Tariq knew the truth. All we saw was what it was like for his siblings, and even that was shoved under the carpet quicker than you could blink. Dan was always shown as a control freak, I think he would have had something to say about the situation. However much I hated the Ferraria family, it was wrong to have no proper conclusion to this storyline.
Adi was the only one that reacted realistically to the news that Tariq was their half-brother. He didn't want to know for ages. The others were obsessed with him though, mind you he did give Ronny a kidney :rolleyes:

Treacle
Does anyone remember when Lynne was planning her wedding and those arwful bridesmaid dresses turned up they were pink and huge and the brides dress was fallin apart I thought that scene was brilliant

I also liked some of the Hen Night stuff before Kat's little truth telling especially when Kat got Bel drunk
And they had pink shoes on Little Mo's wedding day and Billy had that pink thing on his shirt!

di marco
19-06-2005, 20:42
Janine to Barry's urn under the stairs "Still getting in the way there Barry".

lol that was funny!

Treacle
19-06-2005, 20:45
lol that was funny!
She was a brilliant soapbitch!

di marco
19-06-2005, 20:46
She was a brilliant soapbitch!

agree. it was the way she said things as well as what she said

Treacle
19-06-2005, 21:24
She puts Toxic Tracey in Corrie to shame.

myra129
19-06-2005, 21:50
Remember the xmas eppy when the mitchells were all having dinner? Tiff was pregnant, Phil was drunk, and mad Joe was saying Grant was the devil. One of the funniest scenes ever!

Treacle
19-06-2005, 21:53
Yeah, classic! That was when no other soap came close and they should all have been axed because EastEnders put them all to such shame!

true.moon
20-06-2005, 07:38
i laughed most at the speed dating episode

Treacle
20-06-2005, 11:25
I thought that was very slow true.moon. Garry and Minty always have the same thing to say. They probably don't have to learn their lines now.

stapler
20-06-2005, 14:41
Right, it's been so long now, I forgot the exact quote. Anyway that was really funny, but Dennis is in a league of his own, he's just really great!

He really is, next week apparently Pauline makes a roast for dinner so Dennis purposely goes out and order pizza and I quote from friend from some magazine lol, "You eyeing up my spicy beef, Pauline? I've got a 12-incher, fancy a bite?"

Treacle
20-06-2005, 15:07
Rofl :D There's no need to wind her up unless she winds him up.

stapler
20-06-2005, 17:26
Mmmm she probably keeps condemning the relationship, ha!

Treacle
20-06-2005, 17:28
OMG that's made me feel sick, I can't believe Dennis wouldn't go that far. 12 incher ROFL :D

*cinderella*
20-06-2005, 17:28
Nana Moon: "I'm not dead yet"

Yes definatley that one without a doubt that was HILARIOUS!!!

Flozza
20-06-2005, 18:11
i liked the way sam said chocolate biscuits on friday, i know its silly but it made me laugh oh yea and "get off me PHSYCO" lol classic

Carrie Bradshaw
20-06-2005, 19:02
i liked the way sam said chocolate biscuits on friday, i know its silly but it made me laugh
That made me laugh too :cheer: - but sometimes I find the most random things funny!

di marco
20-06-2005, 20:07
He really is, next week apparently Pauline makes a roast for dinner so Dennis purposely goes out and order pizza and I quote from friend from some magazine lol, "You eyeing up my spicy beef, Pauline? I've got a 12-incher, fancy a bite?"

lol that sounds funny, cant wait for that! :D

hayzie
20-06-2005, 20:59
the 12 incher thing is maybe going a bit to far but oh well i'll let him get away with it!lol cant wait for that to happen

Layne
20-06-2005, 22:14
EastEbders does actually make me laugh alot
Mainly dot and her fags or her bible quotes!!! :rotfl:

I've got to admit though dennis , how funny, and i no i go about him loads, but some of the one liners he has! God they just crack me up like one from tonights eppi
'Your confusing me with someone who gives a toss'

But the way some of the actors say things like the tone of there voice, like when chrissie and zoe had that big dicussion in the kkitchen on Thursday eppi, there was some funny tones and pitches in that!

Anyway dot and Jim classic comedy pairing!!

littlemo
20-06-2005, 22:28

It's great that EE are allowed to get away with so much more these days, especially with Dennis. It's because he's such a sarcastic character, he can get away with saying something without actually spelling it out. It's a sneaky way of showing how naughty Dennis is. There were loads of them tonight, one that particularly made me laugh was Dennis saying that 'Den always standed up for the ladies', everybody knows what he was trying to imply there lol! Did you see the look on Zoe's face? Dennis- 'It's the kind of joke where you really had to be there?' I love the way he makes jokes out of his misery, it's just such a great way of dealing with it.

There is just so much which makes me really proud of Dennis. I'm screaming at the tv, go on Dennis give it to them!

Layne
20-06-2005, 22:30
It's great that EE are allowed to get away with so much more these days, especially with Dennis. It's because he's such a sarcastic character, he can get away with saying something without actually spelling it out. It's a sneaky way of showing how naughty Dennis is. There were loads of them tonight, one that particularly made me laugh was Dennis saying that 'Den always standed up for the ladies', everybody knows what he was trying to imply there lol! Did you see the look on Zoe's face? Dennis- 'It's the kind of joke where you really had to be there?' I love the way he makes jokes out of his misery, it's just such a great way of dealing with it.

There is just so much which makes me really proud of Dennis. I'm screaming at the tv, go on Dennis give it to them!

dennis was great tonight, specially 'It's the kind of joke where you really had to be there?'

littlemo
20-06-2005, 22:50

Dennis just cracks me up! But Pauline does deserve it! She can't open her mouth without insulting him, you can't put up with it for that long and not retalliate, it's not the kind of person Dennis is.

My guess is Pauline is supposed to think it's something other than the beef Dennis is talking about! lol. I can't believe Eastenders are allowed to get away with that comment. Still I'm glad they can because I love Dennis's sarcasm. It has me in hysterics!

hayzie
20-06-2005, 22:55
i cant believe eastenders are getting away with that either! oh no the images in my head! lol i wonder what pauline says back...

littlemo
20-06-2005, 23:00
i cant believe eastenders are getting away with that either! oh no the images in my head! lol i wonder what pauline says back...

She's probably just say no thanks, really sternly lol. They were only supposed to stay for a day or so, she could make an effort couldn't she!

Rach33
20-06-2005, 23:06
Dennis does comedy without realising it he has to make things into jokes it's how he deals with things but I love it and tonight he was brillaint

Bryan
21-06-2005, 12:13
Dennis does comedy without realising it he has to make things into jokes it's how he deals with things but I love it and tonight he was brillaint

cant belive he deafed off jonny: big mistake

bondboffin

di marco
21-06-2005, 15:10
cant belive he deafed off jonny: big mistake

bondboffin

i think that was good, johnny needs to be brought down a peg or two!

Bryan
21-06-2005, 15:14
i think that was good, johnny needs to be brought down a peg or two!

even so... he should mess with the big fish

bondboffin

Rach33
21-06-2005, 23:05
Well he did once before and Dennis put a whole in his head he he Jack Dalton awwww yay

Treacle
22-06-2005, 03:42
I also laughed when Sharon stubbed her toe on the doorstop on Monday. It so had to happen, I predicted it when I heard they were staying at Pauline's it just had to happen.

stapler
22-06-2005, 10:34

Absolutely! The blood on his hands thing was cold though, whether there was no baby (he didn't know Zoe got pregnant after, did he?) or not I didn't appreciate that comment. He was funny with Johnny as well, and when he found Pat not dressed in Andy's house was classic!

Katy
22-06-2005, 10:50
i think i laughed the most when Mo had the thing about minty and she was like stalking him that was hysterical.

Kat xxx

stapler
22-06-2005, 10:56
I also laughed when Sharon came home from her holiday and she was talking about what happened to Dennis in the swimming pool to Kate in the Vic, and Kat was listening too lol.

hayzie
22-06-2005, 11:09
I also laughed when Sharon came home from her holiday and she was talking about what happened to Dennis in the swimming pool to Kate in the Vic, and Kat was listening too lol.

i cant remember this, when did this happen? lol sorry

stapler
22-06-2005, 11:12
Um... remember when her and Dennis went on holiday together and Vicki knew they were together and started being a real spoilt brat... she even went with Ash? It was Sharon's first drink in the Vic after this, and she knew Vicki knew so she told Kate to see what she made of it.

Anyway, before Kate asked her did she meet anyone on holiday she said that Dennis had been looking at some real high diving board the whole time they were there and on the last day he jumped off it, and Kate reckoned he belly-flopped but Sharon said he went in perfectly and would have been impressed if his trunks had stayed on.

hayzie
22-06-2005, 11:23
oh yes i remember now! kate asked her if she had a holiday romance and then thats when she found out about them! i didnt know kat had heard though...anyway thanks for clearing that up!

stapler
22-06-2005, 11:24
Lol, s'okay. I assume Kat was listening because she looked up from her magazine... I don't think she heard the part apart Shannis though because they were whispering after that.

i_luv_dennis
22-06-2005, 19:28
dens face when he see sharon and dennis kissing in the club it was so good

i_luv_dennis
22-06-2005, 19:29
oh yes i remember now! kate asked her if she had a holiday romance and then thats when she found out about them! i didnt know kat had heard though...anyway thanks for clearing that up!
that was a great epoisode to :wub: :love: