PDA

View Full Version : Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) returning

alan45
09-06-2011, 01:12
EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Nicola Stapleton is reprising her role as Mandy Salter after 17 years away from Albert Square.

The residents of Walford are in for a shock when the tearaway makes a surprise return to the area later this year, stirring up trouble as she did during her teenage years in the '90s.

Viewers last saw Mandy in 1994 when she fled from the Square suddenly, heartbroken after her boyfriend Aidan had returned to Ireland.

As Mandy settles back into Walford life, fans will see that she has grown up slightly during her time away, but she remains fun, chaotic and wild.

Billed as a "manipulative force of nature", Mandy also has a spiteful streak and she is already being tipped to cause trouble for at least one of Walford's well-known residents.

Speaking of her EastEnders return, Stapleton commented: "I'm looking forward to playing Mandy again - it will be interesting to see what she's been up to all this time. I'm excited to be coming back and working with some old friends."

Since departing EastEnders, Stapleton has made appearances in Emmerdale, Hollyoaks Later and Bad Girls among other shows.

EastEnders fans will see Mandy's comeback scenes in the autumn.

Siobhan
09-06-2011, 09:58
This autumn will see a certain blast from the past returning to EastEnders as Nicola Stapleton returns to play Mandy Salter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/Nicola_Stapleton.jpg

Back when Mandy was in the Square, Phil would cheat on his partner, Ian was a slippery businessman and Pat wore some crazy earrings.
Ahh how times have changed! But will Mandy be the same chaotic wild child from the 90s? She certainly wasn't a force to be reckoned with, so it's more than likely that she'll be causing trouble for a few residents of Walford.
Nicola says: "I'm looking forward to playing Mandy again; it will be interesting to see what she's been up to all this time."
So, where do you think Mandy's been? And do you think this once troublesome teen will clash with anyone in particular?

alan45
09-06-2011, 10:34
Back when Mandy was in the Square, Phil would cheat on his partner, Ian was a slippery businessman and Pat wore some crazy earrings.
Ahh how times have changed!

Things havent changed at all

Siobhan
09-06-2011, 10:36
I remember Mandy.. she was with that Irish guy Aidan... I don't mind seen her back... She was brilliant in bad girls..

tammyy2j
09-06-2011, 10:59
Could she maybe return with Ricky's kid?

LostVoodoo
15-06-2011, 12:53
i was wondering why she was coming back, does she actually have any connection with anyone who lives on the Square? I guess Ricky, but that is about it.

Katy
15-06-2011, 22:57
i liked her in bad girls, i think she can be quite a good actress given the scripts!

Perdita
13-07-2011, 05:43
WILD child Mandy Salter will make her EastEnders comeback in her underwear - as she returns as a STRIPPER.
Teenage runaway Mandy - Sam Mitchell's best friend - left Albert Square some 17 years ago.

But despite now being in her mid-30s, the former wild child has turned into even MORE of a bad girl, TV Biz can reveal.

Ian Beale discovers Mandy working in a lap dancing club.

The unlucky-in-love businessman - who will resort to kerb-crawling in a future storyline - is stunned to see Mandy gyrating around a pole.

Realising she is in trouble, he vows to help her get back on her feet.

Nicola Stapleton, who plays Mandy, has spent her first week of filming scantily clad.

A source said: "Nicola doesn't look like she has aged since she left. She looks amazing.

"She found it a bit strange to film her first scenes in underwear and bikinis but she joked that she might as well 'jump straight back in'."

Mandy left the soap in 1994 a few weeks after her boyfriend Aidan Brosnan, played by Sean Maguire, went back to Ireland.

Since then, actress Nicola, 36, has appeared in Bad Girls, The Bill and Casualty, as well as Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Announcing her return to Albert Square, an EastEnders spokesman said: "Mandy's grown up a bit but she's still fun, chaotic and wild - with a spiteful streak. She is a manipulative force of nature, so it's likely that she'll be causing trouble for at least one of Walford's residents."

Insiders say Mandy - whose exes include Ricky Butcher, who she bedded in a one-night stand - is set to get her nails into the men of the square.

Nicola has previously claimed that she has been asked to return several times before but never felt ready.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3691465/Bad-girl-Mandy-Salter-back-as-lap-dancer-in-EastEnders.html#ixzz1RxPVyQzq

LostVoodoo
13-07-2011, 18:42
why would Ian care if Mandy is a stripper? Were they ever friends?

tammyy2j
14-07-2011, 16:05
why would Ian care if Mandy is a stripper? Were they ever friends?

He would know her she lived with Pauline at one stage

He probably offers her money and a place to stay if she pretends to be his girlfriend or worse become another Mrs. Beale

Perdita
19-07-2011, 05:41
MANDY Salter makes an explosive return to EastEnders when she escapes from her pimp - with unlikely hero Ian Beale's help.
The Walford wild child makes her dramatic comeback to the soap after 17 years away from the soap later this year.

As TV Biz revealed last week, troubled Mandy - played by Nicola Stapleton - will appear on screens as a stripper in her first scene back on the BBC1 show.

And unlucky-in-love Ian Beale - who will resort to kerb-crawling in a future storyline - is stunned to see Mandy in a fight with her pimp after leaving a strip club.

After she spots the businessman, played by Adam Woodyatt, he comes to her defence and tries to break up the brawl.

But while acting as her knight in shining armour he gets punched in the stomach by the pimp.

After Mandy knees him in the groin, she drags Ian away and they make a quick getaway in his car.

Mandy left the soap in 1994 a few weeks after her boyfriend Aidan Brosnan, played by Sean Maguire, went back to Ireland.

Since then, actress Nicola, 36, has appeared in Bad Girls, The Bill and Casualty, as well as Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Announcing her return to Albert Square, an EastEnders spokesman said: "Mandy's grown up a bit but she's still fun, chaotic and wild - with a spiteful streak.

"She is a manipulative force of nature, so it's likely that she'll be causing trouble for at least one of Walford's residents."

Insiders say Mandy - whose exes include Ricky Butcher, who she bedded in a one-night stand - is set to get her nails into the men of the square.

Nicola has previously claimed that she has been asked to return several times before but never felt ready.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3701313/Stripper-Mandy-Salter-is-back-with-a-bang-in-EastEnders.html#ixzz1SWUI8iqO

Perdita
10-08-2011, 15:23
EastEnders returnee Nicola Stapleton has teased that Mandy Salter's Albert Square comeback will have a big impact on Ian Beale.

Stapleton announced that she had signed up to reprise her role as Mandy earlier in the summer, 17 years after her last appearance in Walford.

Tabloid reports have since revealed details of Mandy's return plot, which will apparently see Ian (Adam Woodyatt) visit a lap-dancing club and spot her working as a stripper.

Subsequent scenes are expected to show Ian vowing to help Mandy turn her life around, offering her a place to stay.

Speaking of the plot for the first time, Stapleton told TV Times: "Mandy has got her eye on every man in the Square - but with Ian it's just a friendship.

"She lifts his spirits and has a big effect on his life."

EastEnders bosses have billed Mandy as a "manipulative force of nature", tipping her to cause a stir in Walford with her "fun, chaotic and wild" personality.

tammyy2j
10-08-2011, 19:30
Maybe a mod could please rename thread to - Nicola Stapleton (Mandy Salter) returning

Perdita
16-08-2011, 16:18
Nicola Stapleton has expressed delight over her return to EastEnders, revealing that she is excited over future plans for her character.

The actress recently reprised her role as Mandy Salter, who will head back to Albert Square later this month after 17 years away.

Viewers will learn that Mandy is working as a stripper in her EastEnders comeback episode, before Ian Beale offers her a place to stay, vowing to help her turn her life around.

Speaking to All About Soap about her EastEnders return, Stapleton explained: "I never said I'd never come back to the show and I always thought that Mandy would pop her head back up at some point. But as the years went on, I began to think it was a bit less likely, so I'm thrilled we've been able to make it happen."

"EastEnders does take over your life, but when we discussed the things they had in store for Mandy, I got really excited," she continued.

Stapleton hinted that there could be some intrigue surrounding how Mandy has spent her time since departing Walford in 1994.

"Because we haven't seen her for so long, we don't really know what she's been doing - it's a mystery to be revealed further down the line," she said. "Now she's in her 30s, she's a bit older and wiser but still only relies on herself. She's the sort of person who uses what she's got to get by."

EastEnders airs Mandy's return on Monday, August 29 on BBC One.

Perdita
17-08-2011, 15:29
EastEnders returnee Nicola Stapleton has explained why Ian Beale becomes a saviour for her character Mandy Salter in a forthcoming story.

Mandy will be back on screens later this month after 17 years away from Albert Square and she has been tipped to immediately feature in a plotline alongside Ian, played by Adam Woodyatt.

As first reported last month, Mandy comes face-to-face with Ian while she is working as a lapdancer in a strip club, before heading back to Walford when he offers her a place to stay and help turning her life around.

Discussing why Ian wants to assist Mandy, Stapleton told Soaplife: "I think this is the most exciting thing that has happened to Ian in a long time. There's banter between them and she has a real energy that lifts his spirits. They have fun and Ian agrees to put her up."

Meanwhile, asked whether Mandy has any family, the actress replied: "Not that we know of at the moment… When we meet her she's very much on her own living hand-to-mouth. I think there's a part of her that wants to be maternal as she gets on really well with Bobby, who becomes her little mate."

Stapleton recently ruled out a romance for Mandy and Ian, promising that the relationship will be "just a friendship".

lizann
21-08-2011, 20:41
Is she Lola's mum?

alan45
27-08-2011, 09:54
Eastenders actress Nicola Stapleton has revealed that her villainous character Mandy Salter will remain in Albert Square until 2012.

Teenage tearaway Mandy garnered a reputation as one of the BBC soap's most hated characters during her original stint on the show between 1992 and 1994.

Speaking ahead of her return to Eastenders on Monday, Stapleton said that although Mandy is older, she has not grown out of her desire to "shake things up".

"She dresses very skimpily and uses her body to get what she wants," the 37-year-old told The Sun. "She's very minxy and incredibly flirty. I'll be here at least until some time next year, so I've got plenty of time to shake things up."

Stapleton explained that she agreed to return to Eastenders during filming of the show's live 25th anniversary special in February 2010, when executive producer Bryan Kirkwood left her "buzzing" with excitement over proposed plots for Mandy - including one that sees her start an affair with a young Walford resident.

"It had been discussed before but as soon as Bryan Kirkwood started telling me all these storylines he wanted to do with Mandy, I was buzzing," she recalled. "She does toy with one of the younger boys."

Perdita
27-08-2011, 12:27
EastEnders wild child Mandy Salter is set to rival Janine Butcher as the femme fatale of Albert Square.

Nicola Stapleton, who returns to the soap this weekend after 17 years away, told Inside Soap her character could challenge Janine as the main bad girl of the show.

She said: "There could be a clash! Those two haven't seen each other for so long, but I think there'll be a bit of sniping.

"Charlie [Brooks, who plays Janine] is brilliant, so I hope to get some good stuff for us both."

Teenage runaway Mandy - Sam Mitchell's best friend and Ricky Butcher's ex - will make a dramatic re-entrance, bumping into Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) outside a strip club.

Nicola revealed she has remained friends with Sid Owen, who plays Ricky, during her 17 years away from Albert Square

She said: "I've always kept in touch with Sid. We were in Bad Girls together when he played Donny Kimber, a prison guard who had an affair with my character.

"And I still see Sean Maguire, when he's in London. He works in Los Angeles, but I bumped into him at a casting recently."

alan45
23-01-2012, 00:22
EastEnders' mischievous blonde Mandy Salter uses some sexy lingerie to keep Ian Beale under her thumb in an upcoming episode.

Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) finds herself competing for Ian's attention in the coming days, as his daughter Lucy (Hetti Bywater) is keen to spend time with him following her recent return to Albert Square.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/03/618x396/soaps_eastenders_4369_1.jpg
© BBC

When Ian (Adam Woodyatt) senses that there is tension between his daughter and his fiancée, he sits Lucy down for a chat and promises that they can enjoy some quality time together - just the two of them.

However, when Mandy finds out about this, she isn't happy and hopes the lingerie will be enough to make Ian stay at home with her.

Will Ian keep his promise to Lucy, or will he be swayed by jealous Mandy?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Friday, February 3 at 8pm on BBC One.

alan45
23-01-2012, 00:26
EastEnders bosses have announced that Mandy Salter's mother Lorraine will be returning to Albert Square next month.

Former Bad Girls star Victoria Alcock has been cast in the role of Lorraine, who turns up in Walford after receiving a message from scheming Lucy Beale.

Lucy (Hetti Bywater) gets suspicious in upcoming episodes when she catches Mandy sending secret texts and pawning a bracelet that Ian (Adam Woodyatt) has bought her to send the money to someone.

The mischievous teenager decides that Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) must be having an affair, so she gets hold of the number and arranges to meet the 'mystery man' on the Square.

However, Lucy is soon left stunned when she realises that there is no secret admirer - and she has inadvertently brought Mandy's mother to Walford.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/03/300x225/soaps_eastenders_vicky_alcock.jpg
© Ken McKay/Rex Features

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/01/300x225/743915-high_res-eastenders-mandy-salter.jpg
© BBC

Pictured left: Victoria Alcock (Lorraine). Pictured right: Nicola Stapleton (Mandy).

EastEnders' long-term viewers will already know Lorraine as she previously appeared on screen in 1991 and 1992. Back then, she was played by Linda Henry - who now portrays Walford's Shirley Carter.

When fans last saw Lorraine, she was a bad mother who allowed Mandy to run wild on the streets. Her return scenes will show that she remains a brash character and certainly hasn't grown up.

Speaking of her new role, Alcock commented: "I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the cast of EastEnders and am looking forward to working with my good friends Linda Henry and Nicola Stapleton again. I can't wait to see people's reaction when Lorraine arrives on the Square!"

Lorraine will appear in a few episodes in February before returning for another short stint later in the year.

Perdita
23-01-2012, 15:02
EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has revealed that her second stint on the show is proving to be more enjoyable than the first.

The actress reprised her role as Mandy Salter last summer after 17 years away from Albert Square, during which she took on a variety of other roles.

Reflecting on her comeback, Stapleton told Celebs on Sunday: "I'm having a great time. I'm enjoying it so much more this time round - you're older, wiser, you understand a bit more how the machine works.

"I've spent the last 17 years really grafting my **** off, so it's nice to be back in a situation where I'm in a real routine."

EastEnders fans have seen Mandy embark on a relationship with Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) following her return to Walford.

Asked whether she finds the pairing strange due to the age difference, Stapleton replied: "Adam Woodyatt is 43, and Mandy's a couple of years younger than I am, so she's mid-30s, so not really. But it's nice to have everyone thinking that because it gives us juicy storylines to play with."

"I think if we'd immediately put on screen this massive love affair, I don't think anybody would've believed that," she continued. "But I think people can fall in love or fondness can grow over time. It depends what sort of person you are. I mean, I'm not the sort of girl that goes for guys who are strikingly beautiful. I don't like vain men."

EastEnders continues tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
21-02-2012, 14:50
EastEnders newcomer Victoria Alcock has predicted that viewers will be shocked by the antics of her character Lorraine Salter.

As announced last month, the former Bad Girls actress has taken over the role of Lorraine, who is the mother of Walford minx Mandy (Nicola Stapleton).

Lorraine returns to Albert Square after exchanging a series of text messages with scheming Lucy Beale (Hetti Bywater), who wrongly suspects that Mandy's mystery contact 'L' must be a secret boyfriend.

Teasing Lorraine's arrival, Alcock told TV Choice: "There will be a collective intake of breath from viewers because just when you think she couldn't stoop any lower, she goes full-steam ahead.

"Many Albert Square residents didn't think there was a bigger leech than Mandy, but we see where she gets it from now. She has no qualms and she's proud of it."

She continued: "Allegedly she let some awful things happen to Mandy, which may come out in time. I think viewers are interested in the broken shells of a character and she's definitely a broken shell."

However, Alcock added that she wants Lorraine to be seen as more than just a villain.

"You're not just made that way, something happens to make you like that," she commented. "I reckon she was abused, and the abused often then become the abuser, and unfortunately that vicious circle has not been broken. I've tried to play her with a few levels."

EastEnders airs Lorraine's return scenes on Thursday, March 1 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Perdita
24-02-2012, 14:17
EastEnders star Victoria Alcock has revealed that she embraced the chance to dress badly on the soap.

The actress confirmed that fans can expect a poor fashion sense from her character Lorraine Salter, who returns to Walford next week.

Lorraine is the wayward mother of Albert Square regular Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) and is quick to cause trouble for her daughter upon her arrival.

Alcock told TV Choice of Lorraine's bad clothes: "The costume lady said, 'Are you sure, Vic?' I said, 'Bring it on!' It's '80s, but not in a good way."

The 46-year-old added that it should be interesting for viewers to see her playing a character who is very different to Bad Girls' Julie Saunders, her best-known role.

She said: "[Bad Girls] was such a top show and I'm still in touch with all the girls. Julie was a lovely character, so people may be shocked to see me playing Lorraine. I'm really looking forward to the reaction."

Lorraine will be on screen for a few episodes before returning for another short stint later in the year.

Perdita
24-02-2012, 16:30
EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has admitted that she is not sure whether viewers will sympathise with her character Mandy Salter when her mum Lorraine starts causing trouble for her.

Mandy is left stunned next week when Lorraine (Victoria Alcock) arrives on Albert Square unexpectedly, stirring up chaos for her new life with Ian (Adam Woodyatt).

As reported earlier in the week, Lorraine makes it clear that she sees Ian as a meal ticket when alone with Mandy - but puts on an air of innocence in front of the businessman.

Stapleton told Inside Soap: "Lorraine puts on a big act for Ian. Mandy can see straight through her, but Ian doesn't understand why she's getting her knickers in a twist.

"When Lorraine's alone with Mandy, she's really cruel and cold. But she's very careful how she acts in front of everyone else."

Asked whether the storyline could change perceptions of Mandy, the actress replied: "When you play a really prickly character like Mandy, it's nice to take a look at why they behave like that. Whether it'll make viewers warm to her, I don't know. People love Mandy when she's awful!"

EastEnders airs Lorraine's return episode on Thursday, March 1 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

alan45
26-02-2012, 01:14
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01459/Lucy-reveals-to-Ia_1459781a.jpg

MANDY SALTER makes a real splash at dinner – as she throws a drink in mum Lorraine's face.

During a family meal, Ian Beale's daughter Lucy (Hetti Bywater) also starts seeing red as she realises that Lorraine (Victoria Alcock) is not only bullying Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) but manipulating dad Ian.

Mandy's ex-prostitute mother was last seen in EastEnders in 1991, and returns on Thursday at 7.30pm

Perdita
29-02-2012, 16:43
EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has admitted that it was challenging to play her character Mandy Salter's upcoming feud with mum Lorraine.

Lorraine, now played by Victoria Alcock, returns to Walford in Thursday night's (March 1) episode and soon shows a nasty side as she starts bullying Mandy.

The pair's war even becomes physical at one point as the tension between them reaches boiling point.

Stapleton told All About Soap: "They have their blazing rows, but Mandy's petrified of her own mother. She might be good at fending for herself and putting on a front, but Lorraine has a hold over Mandy that can't be broken.

"[The fight scenes] are very dark and were a real challenge to film. I was so scared of hurting Victoria, and we had to get quite violent with each other. Mandy's left shaken."

Mandy is currently engaged to Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt), but Stapleton said that she is still unsure whether the pair will ever make it down the aisle.

"We still don't know," she explained. "It would change their relationship if they did get married - it isn't necessary for them, but it would be nice for them to have a happy ending.

"Mandy's already on her second wedding dress! But if they do tie the knot, all I ask for is that it's filmed in August. It's freezing wearing a wedding dress in winter!"

Lorraine will appear on screen for a few episodes before returning for another short stint later in the year.

Perdita
01-03-2012, 14:00
EastEnders star Victoria Alcock has promised that fans will soon gain a better understanding of her screen daughter Mandy Salter.

Alcock arrives on the soap this evening (March 1) in the role of Mandy's mum Lorraine, who has been tipped to make life hell for the Albert Square regular in the coming days.

Speaking on ITV1's Lorraine, Alcock said that the storyline will help to show mischievous Mandy in a whole new light.

"We realise how Mandy has become like she is," the actress explained. "I think that's one of the main reasons that Lorraine has been brought to the Square.

"We've obviously seen Mandy go through hell and back. She's had her moments, and once you meet her mother, you understand how this poor girl has ended up like she is. Poor little love didn't stand a chance with a mother like me!"

Alcock also revealed that she relished the chance to portray a nasty character for the first time.

"I've had a lovely career before of playing fairly nice victims, if you like," she commented. "So this is my first stab at it. She's not quite the bitch, but there is something absolutely horrific about her.

"She does not care who she hurts or who she treads upon. She lies, cheats and manipulates - she is so manipulative, all the way through Albert Square. It's just horrendous. But brilliant to play!"

Lorraine appears on EastEnders for a few episodes before returning for another short stint later this year.

Perdita
09-03-2012, 14:42
EastEnders star Victoria Alcock has expressed delight over the public's response to her nasty character Lorraine Stevens.

Lorraine turned up in Walford last week, shaking up her daughter Mandy's (Nicola Stapleton) new life with local businessman Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).

Speaking on This Morning today (March 9), Alcock revealed that EastEnders fans are already confusing her with her troublesome alter ego.

She explained: "My poor husband Nick has had so many people say to him, 'I'm sorry, your wife is an absolute nutter'. I think he's sleeping with one eye open at the moment!

"I'm loving it. It's great to be involved in EastEnders full-stop. But I've also got a new-found respect on the street - on the real-life street! People are giving me a wide berth. I can hear the whispers. And when I look at them they go, 'Alright, love? Sorry, love!'"

Tonight's EastEnders episode sees Lorraine's behaviour get much worse. Ian then kicks her out of the Beale house when he finally sees her true colours.

Alcock commented: "She does have quite a volatile temper, that for some reason or another, can turn on anybody. Nobody's safe on the Square - let alone poor little Mandy.

"She is just a nasty bit of work. She's out for whatever she can possibly get. She's just one of life's takers."

Although Lorraine leaves Walford this evening, EastEnders bosses have confirmed that she will be back for another short stint later this year.

Perdita
04-04-2012, 09:50
EastEnders minx Mandy Salter will leave Walford this summer after splitting from her partner Ian Beale, reports have revealed.

Mandy makes her departure from Albert Square on her wedding day, adding another relationship disaster to Ian's list, according to The Sun.

Whether the couple's wedding goes ahead before Mandy makes her surprise exit is currently unknown.

Nicola Stapleton, who plays Mandy, returned to EastEnders last summer after 17 years away from the soap.

Confirming her departure, Stapleton commented: "I've had a great time at EastEnders, working with friends old and new. Who knows whether Mandy will return? Let's hope it doesn't take another 17 years!"

A Walford source added: "EastEnders bosses kept Nicola on for longer than expected as they are building up to a big storyline for Ian."

Mandy embarked on a relationship with Ian (Adam Woodyatt) soon after returning to the Square last year, but the pair have had a rocky romance with various disputes and rows.

Most recently, Ian doubted Mandy when her mum Lorraine (Victoria Alcock) warned that she would break his heart. Ian's daughter Lucy (Hetti Bywater) has also been keen to split the couple up.

Brucie
04-04-2012, 17:22
So Ian's bride leaves him on their wedding day - Groundhog Day or what? Hopefully she takes the plank of wood that plays his daughter with her!

blingbang
04-04-2012, 21:08
Hetti Bywater's contract ends at the end of the month as she was given an initial 6 months despite being promised she would be in for a year. She is still waiting to here if its extended

LostVoodoo
05-04-2012, 13:33
Hetti Bywater's contract ends at the end of the month as she was given an initial 6 months despite being promised she would be in for a year. She is still waiting to here if its extended

I'd rather she went than Mandy, she's been terrible!

sarah c
05-04-2012, 14:15
So Ian's bride leaves him on their wedding day - Groundhog Day or what? Hopefully she takes the plank of wood that plays his daughter with her!

the new Lucy is not a hit with me....and she has had time to bed in now

Perdita
08-05-2012, 15:13
EastEnders minx Mandy Salter will receive devastating news on the week of her wedding to Ian Beale.

Magazine reports have revealed that Mandy (Nicola Stapleton) discovers her mother Lorraine has died later this month, leaving plans for the ceremony in doubt.

The drama plays out as Mandy remains hesitant about marrying Ian (Adam Woodyatt). She eventually has a heart-to-heart with Tanya Jessop (Jo Joyner), confessing that her troubled relationship with Lorraine is the main reason for her trust issues.

Tanya suggests that Mandy should try to resolve things with Lorraine, but when the mischievous blonde heads to the hospital to do so, she hears that her mother has passed away.

Ian, whose behaviour becomes increasingly erratic after hearing Ben's guilty secret, later shocks everyone by insisting that the wedding should go ahead regardless of Lorraine's passing.

The businessman's persistence particularly annoys Lucy, who has been frantically trying to cancel the wedding arrangements to sabotage the ceremony.

EastEnders fans already know that Mandy will soon be leaving Walford, but with Ian insisting that the wedding should take place, what will happen on the big day?

The wedding week begins on Monday, May 21 at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
01-06-2012, 15:59
EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has confirmed that she would not rule out another return for her soap character Mandy Salter.

The actress filmed her exit scenes six weeks ago and viewers saw Mandy bow out in yesterday evening's (May 31) episode.

Speaking on Loose Women today (June 1), the 37-year-old revealed that she was thrilled with Mandy's most recent story arc.

Stapleton commented: "I don't want to play someone who's normal and boring - I want somebody who's feisty and spicy. I love Mandy. She's got layers, I think - she's deep and she's troubled.

"It's been really nice, actually, with the last few storylines that I had with Vicky Alcock who played my mum. It's fine to put a character on telly and say, 'Oh, what a horrible person', but it's nice to explain why people might be like that. I think they tackled those storylines really well."

She continued: "It's been a nice journey with her this time round, because it's been a lot more explanatory. As I say, it's had a lot more layers so I've really enjoyed it."

Asked whether she would return as Mandy, Stapleton replied: "It's always open, so you never know - never say never. I never said last time that I would never go back. I enjoyed it so much more than I really thought I was going to. It was lovely meeting the new people and cast that I hadn't worked with before."

The soap star also explained that she has been concentrating on screenwriting work since filming her EastEnders departure.

She said: "I've got quite a lot on at the moment. I'm back to writing - I started writing a sitcom before I started EastEnders this time round. I'm four episodes in - myself and my fellow writing partner Mel. So I've got two episodes to finish and then hopefully we'll get it made next year.

"I like to keep busy. Obviously I've been an actress for a long time, and I kind of feel like I've fulfilled most of my ambitions - like I wanted to do a play at the Royal Court and I've done that. I think you always have to challenge yourself and have goals."

EastEnders continues tonight (June 1) at 9pm on BBC One.