PDA

View Full Version : Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold)

alan45
07-06-2011, 00:29
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01323/SNN07TV01Q--280s_1323487a.jpg

EastEnders bosses have cast soap newcomer Danielle Harold to play Billy Mitchell's (Perry Fenwick) granddaughter in a surprise new storyline.

In an unexpected twist due to air this summer, Billy and his partner Julie Perkins (Cathy Murphy) are left stunned as they discover they have a granddaughter they never knew existed.

Although the news is initially a shock, the Walford couple ultimately decide to track down their relative and soon find out that she's living in care - an experience they are all too familiar with themselves.

Billy's granddaughter is 15-year-old Lola Pierce, who has a sharp, cocky but likeable attitude.

As she meets her grandparents for the first time, Lola quickly forms a bond with them as she has been deserted by everyone else in her life.

However, as Lola follows the couple back to Walford, whether the rest of the Square's residents will accept her remains to be seen.

Speaking of her casting, Harold commented: "I am so excited to be joining EastEnders. I have watched the show all my life and I never thought that one day I could be in Albert Square.

"It feels strange to be walking round Walford with people I have grown up watching - I still have to pinch myself."

Viewers will see Lola make her screen debut in the coming weeks.

The Sun

kayuqtuq
07-06-2011, 05:32
Wasn't she one of the pupils in Jamie's Dream School?

tammyy2j
07-06-2011, 10:13
Yes she looks like a Mitchell

Siobhan
07-06-2011, 10:38

another blond one for Jack then

alan45
07-06-2011, 10:58

To be a real Mitchell she would need to act like a thug, get her head shaved and steal someones kid.

Oh dear there I go again giving the scriptwriters ideas.

tammyy2j
07-06-2011, 11:30
To be a real Mitchell she would need to act like a thug, get her head shaved and steal someones kid.

Oh dear there I go again giving the scriptwriters ideas.

Or act like an airhead just like Roxy and Sam

JustJodi
07-06-2011, 14:41

oh dear, why not?? He had a kid with all 3 of them,, so what the heck LOL

tammyy2j
18-07-2011, 12:53
EastEnders' new recruit Danielle Harold has heaped praise on former cast member Lacey Turner, revealing that she has been re-living the star's time as Stacey Slater by watching old scenes.

The 18-year-old actress was recently cast as feisty Lola Pearce, who is Billy Mitchell's long-lost granddaughter.

In an interview with tomorrow's edition of Inside Soap, Harold explained that she is a big fan of Turner, who bowed out as Stacey in last year's Christmas storyline.

Harold commented: "Lacey Turner is an incredible actress. I've been watching a lot of her, not because I'm trying to copy her but because she's so amazing."

The Walford newcomer added that she is grateful for the complex nature of her character, who has been causing a stir since making her first appearance on screen last week.

"Lola's not out-and-out evil but she's not very nice," she said. "She's got so many sides and I am having a great time exploring them."

EastEnders bosses recently confirmed that Lola's arrival will lead to the departure of her grandmother Julie Perkins.

JustJodi
18-07-2011, 17:53
I didn't know Julie was leaving,, I was just now getting to "know" her.. and was so glad that Billy found some one to love again :-( wonder what her exit will be like ????

Chloe O'brien
18-07-2011, 21:26
I didn't know Julie was leaving,, I was just now getting to "know" her.. and was so glad that Billy found some one to love again :-( wonder what her exit will be like ????

Black Cab for Perkins, outside the Queen Vic. :D

Perdita
24-07-2011, 17:00
EastEnders newcomer Danielle Harold has described securing a role on the soap as a "whirlwind".

The actress, who plays Billy Mitchell's granddaughter Lola Pearce, revealed that she had never had an audition before and did not expect to get the part.

Harold told the Daily Star Sunday: "I've always wanted to be an actress. I didn't do very well at school because I became ill in my final year. I worked for a local catering company but I couldn't stop thinking about being an actress. Every night I would search the internet for acting schools.

"I've been very lucky to have been given such a great character and I still can't quite believe everything that's happened to me. It's been a whirlwind."

Harold added: "[Lola's] had a tough upbringing and needs some stability, which Billy provides. I've already had letters from kids who have grown up in care homes saying how much they love Lola."

Harold, who starred in Jamie Oliver's Channel 4 reality show Jamie's Dream School, recently revealed that she is a big fan of former EastEnders cast member Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater).

Dazzle
24-07-2011, 18:35
I'm liking Lola so far.

tammyy2j
26-07-2011, 13:58
I'm liking Lola so far.

I'm finding her annoying myself

Siobhan
26-07-2011, 14:05
I agree with you Tammy.. she is getting on my nerves

lizann
27-07-2011, 12:40
I'm finding her annoying myself

Me too not a fan of hers I'd prefer if she left than Julie

sean slater
03-08-2011, 22:49
I think she's a great character. Exactly like Stacey when she first arrived. I think she's a good actress. If she develops like Lacey Turner did then she will be one to watch.

JustJodi
04-08-2011, 05:22
I agree with you Tammy.. she is getting on my nerves

I totally agree with U,, shes grating on me as well,,,

JustJodi
04-08-2011, 05:23
Me too not a fan of hers I'd prefer if she left than Julie

Julie leaving ???? When was that announced ??????

Perdita
04-08-2011, 05:58
Julie leaving ???? When was that announced ??????

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?122649-EastEnders-departure-for-*******&highlight=julie+perkins

Perdita
04-08-2011, 09:40
EastEnders newcomer Danielle Harold has warned that her rebellious character Lola Pearce is unlikely to change her ways anytime soon.

Lola has caused a stir in Walford since arriving in the area last month, but her wild antics have disastrous consequences in tonight's episode of the soap when she accidentally leaves young mechanic Jay Mitchell injured as she causes destruction at The Arches.

However, speaking on Daybreak this morning, Harold admitted that Lola is unlikely to learn lessons by toning down her behaviour in the foreseeable future.

Asked whether the troubled teenager will calm down, she replied: "I don't think so! I think she's still really feisty. And she's got lots of attitude, so I don't think she's going to lose that anytime soon."

"It's just been so fun to play someone who's so different from me and who has got attitude," she added.

Harold also confessed that she was shocked to land the role of Lola as EastEnders is her first ever acting job.

"I was terrified, it's just amazing," she explained. "I'm not used to it at all yet. I've watched EastEnders since I can remember, so I'm a big fan."

The actress added: "It was my first audition that I'd ever had, so I was really nervous and I was thinking, 'I'm never going to get it - I'm just going to have fun while I'm there'. I was just shocked to even get the casting for it, so I was over the moon when I actually got the part."

EastEnders bosses announced Harold's casting in June.

Perdita
15-08-2011, 17:05
EastEnders newcomer Danielle Harold has revealed that her feisty character Lola Pearce will start building some friendships in Walford over the coming weeks.

Lola has caused havoc since making her debut on screen last month and viewers recently saw her grandmother Julie Perkins depart the area after her wayward behaviour became too much to bear.

Speaking to ITN about where Lola goes from here, Harold explained: "She gets into a lot of trouble on the Square and she causes a bit of mischief between some characters!

"But she forms some friendships soon, which will be nice to see. It'll be good."

Asked to name her favourite moment from her time at EastEnders so far, the actress replied: "My entrance - my first scene that I filmed, which was at the care home with the fight. And the car crash! It's been amazing stuff - I've had really, really good luck."

Harold also praised her screen grandfather Perry Fenwick (Billy Mitchell) for supporting her on set as she settles into life at EastEnders.

"He's been amazing - he's really, really helped me a lot," she said.

The soap's new recruit recently warned that Lola will not calm down anytime soon.

Perdita
11-02-2012, 15:20
EastEnders star Perry Fenwick has described co-star Danielle Harold (Lola Pearce) as an "amazing" actress.

The 49-year-old, who plays Billy Mitchell in the BBC soap, said that the newcomer's "cheeky" personality put him in mind of departed cast member Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater).

"She can be a cheeky little so-and-so, can Dan," he told Inside Soap. "One of the cameramen was talking to me about my role in [1986 film] Mona Lisa the other day, and Danielle piped up, 'Was that in black and white?'

"The way she's come on since her first day has been amazing. Danielle reminds me a lot of Lacey (Turner) - she's such a cracking little actress."

Fenwick also teased more details about his on-screen granddaughter's ongoing pregnancy storyline, saying: "A baby story can go one of about 20 ways, so who knows what'll happen. But Billy will be by Lola's side."

Harold herself has admitted to being influenced by Turner, describing the 23-year-old as an "incredible actress".

LostVoodoo
13-02-2012, 16:49
She seems to be a good actress, but the character is oddly underdeveloped, especially as she's been in it so long. She doesn't seem to have much in the way of redeeming qualities and this pregnancy storyline is weird, no one has mentioned it in ages, are we ever going to find out who the father is etc etc

alan45
18-07-2012, 00:26
EastEnders teenager Lola Pearce has a life-changing moment ahead next week as she gives birth to a healthy baby girl.

Lola welcomes her daughter Lexi into the world as part of the special live scenes on the way in the BBC soap's big Olympic episodes. The live broadcast will also see Lola's grandfather Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick) carrying the Olympic torch through Albert Square.

Are you nervous about playing such a big role in the live broadcast?
"I'm really, really nervous! It's very scary!"

Have you had a long time to prepare for this challenge?
"I've known about it for a while, so the nerves have been building for ages now! As I'm chatting to you, we've literally just had the script and it's still just a draft, so we've only recently found out what we're going to be doing in the live scenes. We haven't started rehearsals yet, but we're getting two days to rehearse for them."

Even though it's nerve-wracking, are you pleased that Lola and Billy have been chosen to take centre stage in this episode?
"Yeah, I really appreciate that they've given me the opportunity, especially considering that I haven't been here at EastEnders for that long. It's really nice that they've trusted me with it, so hopefully I'll do it justice! It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll go well."

Has Perry been offering you any good advice?
"Well, we've both been really nervous and saying how we've been having nightmares about the whole thing! Perry has said that he's had a nightmare that he's going to drop the Olympic torch!

"But Perry is brilliant and he keeps saying, 'It'll be really fun and it'll be over before you know it'. So he's been a really great support."

Are your fellow cast members slightly envious that you're getting this opportunity, or are they glad it isn't them having to do it?!
"It's a bit of both! (Laughs) There's been a few people saying, 'Thank God I don't have to do it!' But they've all been really supportive, nice and encouraging about the whole thing."

Are you interested in the Olympics in real life?
"To be honest, I wasn't until I found out about this storyline. When I was told that we were doing an Olympic episode, I found out more about the Games and it's made me really quite interested in it all now! I've seen the torch and stuff like that, so I'm looking forward to it."

How have you been preparing for the birth scene?
"I've been asking loads of women for advice, including my mum. Everyone has just said, 'It's the worst pain you can ever imagine!' Because I haven't got children, it's quite difficult for me to imagine what that's like.

"It's a hard thing to do because you don't want to overdo the scene or make it look really fake. So as well as asking people, I've been watching One Born Every Minute, which has definitely put me off having kids! I certainly won't be having a baby myself anytime soon!"

Do you think Lola will be a good mum?
"I think Lola is really going to step up to the mark once her baby is born. I think she'll struggle at first when she's getting used to everything, but I think she's going to be a good mum."

Does that mean it'll be happy families with Lola, Billy and the baby?
"Well, this is EastEnders! It would be nice to have a happy family, but I'm guessing it won't be!"

Could Lola and Jay ever have a future?
"I think Jay's too focused on Abi. I actually don't even think that Lola really likes him that much - she's just latching on to someone to help her with the baby, so she doesn't have to be on her own. It's not a deep love, it's just a flirty friendship."

If Lola settled down, would you miss playing her rebellious scenes?
"Yeah, I actually hope that she doesn't settle down because I really like that she can be so crazy - it's really fun to play. You get to do stuff that you could never do in real life without getting into trouble, like smashing up a car!"

How have you found your first year at EastEnders?
"It's been amazing - I've had the best year and it's gone so, so quickly. I remember my first day clear as anything, so I can't believe that I've been here for a year.

"I realised the other day that it had been a year to the day, and I was really surprised because it's gone so fast. It's been amazing getting to know everyone, too - I know most people here now really well and I've got some good friendships."

Were you pleased to get such big stories straight away?
"I was, but it was difficult when I first came in as I had such a big part, and I was just really nervous. Looking back on it now, I'm quite critical of my performances so it's nice to see myself improving as time goes on and learning so much from EastEnders as well.

"They've got such a good support team here - everyone's really helpful. You can do workshops and there's always people to speak to if you want to learn something new. It's brilliant as they've got really good people here to help."

Was acting always a big ambition for you?
"I've always wanted to act ever since I can remember. I was always dressing up and putting on plays for my friends and stuff like that!

"I didn't really do well in school and when I left, I was working as a waitress, but then it all happened really quickly. I left to do the documentary Jamie's Dream School and then I got the opportunity to audition for EastEnders. I was lucky enough to get the part, so it was a really life-changing year for me."

alan45
18-07-2012, 00:26

tammyy2j
18-07-2012, 10:25
So who is the baby's daddy? Is it Ben?

I dont think it is Jay even though Lola would like it to be

JustJodi
18-07-2012, 10:27
So who is the baby's daddy? Is it Ben?

I dont think it is Jay even though Lola would like it to be

but arent Lola and Ben sorta related,,, ughhhhhhh

tammyy2j
18-07-2012, 10:40
but arent Lola and Ben sorta related,,, ughhhhhhh

Yes keeping it in the family :p

LostVoodoo
20-07-2012, 09:43
Very distantly related, I'm still not sure how Billy is a Mitchell anyway! Is he Phil's cousin or something?

parkerman
20-07-2012, 10:33
Billy is Phil, Grant & Sam's second cousin. Their great grandfather was Edward Mitchell. He had two sons, Phillip & Kenneth. Grant etc.'s father was Eric Mitchell who was Phillip's son. Billy's father was Steven who was Kenneth's son.

Got that!

parkerman
20-07-2012, 10:33
Billy is Phil, Grant & Sam's second cousin. Their great grandfather was Edward Mitchell. He had two sons, Phillip & Kenneth. Grant etc.'s father was Eric Mitchell who was Phillip's son. Billy's father was Steven who was Kenneth's son.

Got that!

Perdita
20-07-2012, 10:43
EastEnders actress Danielle Harold has claimed that she would sooner have a baby in real life than perform her live birth.

Harold's character Lola Pearce - Billy Mitchell's granddaughter - will give birth next Monday (July 23) in scenes to be aired live on BBC One.

She confessed to What's on TV regarding the challenge: "I'm terrified! I'd rather have a baby in real life than do this live!"

However, the star added: "But it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it is nice of them to trust me with it.

"We've already filmed the lead-up to the birth and I was knackered after screaming and crying and pretending to push all day."

Speaking to Digital Spy recently, Harold stated her belief that she has improved as an actress since joining the soap.

Meanwhile, Perry Fenwick - who plays Billy - displayed similar apprehension earlier this month over his live Olympics torch run.

Perdita
01-10-2012, 17:58
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has defended the mothering skills of her troubled character Lola Pearce.

Lola is currently facing scrutiny from a strict social worker over the way she is bringing up her baby daughter Lexi. The storyline comes to a head later this week as she has the youngster taken away from her after being arrested for assault.

Harold told the Daily Star: "It breaks her heart when Lexi is taken away. She is broken, but she is a good mum. There's no reason why you can't be a good mum when you're young and I think it's really good that they're showing this.

"I wasn't glad when I found out Lola was going to lose Lexi, but I thought, 'Okay, at least I get a bit of a break'. It really is hard work playing a mum with a little baby. I'm there trying to keep them occupied while also trying to act and remember lines.

"But it has been amazing working with babies. You just never know what they're going to do next. And I like what it's brought out in Lola."

EastEnders fans will see Lola fighting to win Lexi back in scenes which air later this month.

Perdita
05-10-2012, 12:58
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has spoken for the first time about her audition for the BBC soap last year.

The Lewisham actress, 20, won the part of Lola Pearce shortly after appearing on Jamie's Dream School on Channel 4.

She told TV Times: "I was more than terrified! I was really crying after we cut, because it was such a relief to get it out of the way."

Due to a long-term bladder illness, Harold only managed to acquire one GCSE during her time at secondary school.

The Walford cast member explained of her turning to acting: "Afterwards, I went straight into work and did waitressing for a couple of years, but it just wasn't what I wanted to do.

"I've always wanted to act; drama was the only lesson I enjoyed at school."

Of how she sees her character, she added: "I did have a really clear vision of how I imagined Lola to be. I didn't go to a posh school, and there were girls there like her.

"And I've tried to take bits of what I can remember of being that age - you think you know it all!"

Harold became the second soap star to act out a live birth earlier this year in a special episode to coincide with the London 2012 Olympics.

walsh2509
05-10-2012, 20:19
Where did they get that Social Worker ? I'll be round everyday - is that a dirty mark on the sink - is that drink , I want to check your babies nappy rash. What is this, a propaganda show for Social Work. Real life kids ignored , visit from these people and can't see kids being starved beaten for months on end. Where I live a mother dad and the mothers boyfriend, the local drug dealers, the oldest boy setting fire to an old woman house cops called, 1hr later brought back and laughs between the cops and the family. Daughter 11/12 pregnant robbing neighbours , and the Social Workers - they are better off with the family. Dear Lord!

walsh2509
05-10-2012, 20:32
What a total joke, if they are going to try and protray real life issues, then for god sake, don't make it a joke like that. In real life these people leave kids with kids beating drug addicts and even after several months of visits, still leave the kids with these druggies.

What was that 2 visits and the kid is taken off her ..:rolleyes:

walsh2509
05-10-2012, 20:32
What a total joke, if they are going to try and protray real life issues, then for god sake, don't make it a joke like that. In real life these people leave kids with kid beating drug addicts and even after several months of visits, still leave the kids with these druggies.

What was that 2 visits and the kid is taken off her ..:rolleyes:

Perdita
28-10-2012, 16:28
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has described her current storyline as a "dream".

The 20-year-old's character Lola Pearce is currently involved in a custody battle with social workers over the care of her baby daughter Lexi.

The plot has met with a negative reaction from social workers due to the handling of lead investigator Trish Barnes (Tessa Churchard).

Harold explained that she made sure to do plenty of research before starting the storyline and that she has had "fun" filming it.

"When I first started I did a lot of research into care and people who'd been in care," she told The Sun. "I wanted to see how people felt about it because I couldn't imagine growing up without my family.

"When it came to Lola's baby getting taken away I could easily imagine how horrible that is. It's the same sort of pain as someone dying. The worst pain you could possibly feel as a young girl would be having your baby taken away. So I just let it play out and the emotions came.

"It is my dream storyline, it's got so many different levels. There are happy bits, sad bits, angry bits, it's got everything you want. It's a great storyline to play and fun to act out."

Harold revealed that filming so many scenes with a baby has made her broody in real life.

"I found it really difficult. I've never had a baby so I couldn't imagine what that pain would feel like," she said. "I just kept thinking it would be the worst pain imaginable.

"I love playing a mum now and working with the two babies who play Lexi, they are so cute.

"Playing someone who was pregnant did make me a bit broody. I found myself walking around the canteen rubbing my bump. Then I'd get on the train and think, 'Aren't you gonna let a pregnant woman sit down?' because I'd forget I wasn't really pregnant.

"But I don't think I'm ready for one yet. It's nice to give the baby back when she cries."

The actress added that she has found it awkward kissing co-star Jamie Borthwick, who plays Jay in the soap.

"Jamie's lovely. We're like brother and sister. We have loads of banter and loads of fun. With kissing scenes we just have to laugh about it.

"No, I'm not going to say if he's a good kisser! Write this, 'He is a very good kisser... jokin!' I could never see Jamie like that, ever. He's like a little brother and we just have a laugh."

EastEnders continues on Monday, October 29 at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
05-11-2012, 10:15
An Irish politician has expressed concern that Lola Pearce's EastEnders storyline could influence the result of an upcoming children's referendum.

Voters in the Republic of Ireland are currently preparing for a poll on constitutional change to protect children's rights.

The referendum, due to take place on November 10, comes as EastEnders is airing a storyline which has seen teenage mum Lola (Danielle Harold) have her baby daughter Lexi taken into care after being accused of neglect.

However, Robert Troy - children's spokesperson for the Fianna Fáil party - warned that the "EastEnders effect" has led to worry among some voters regarding state intervention.

Troy is quoted by the Irish Examiner as saying: "Quite a few times I have been asked about a storyline on EastEnders where a young mother has had her child taken into care and has faced a very difficult battle to get access to the child.

"People have been emotionally affected by the story and have a real concern about the sort of heavy-handed state intervention that's portrayed."

Troy is seeking to reassure voters that children would only be taken into care in "exceptional circumstances".

He added: "We need to be careful about this EastEnders effect. The reality is that one of the reasons why it took a long time to get the wording right on the amendment was because we had to get the balance right and make sure the State didn't get too much power.

"We don't want the situation here to mirror Britain and this amendment will not allow that to happen. That's why it says the State can only intervene in exceptional circumstances, and that even then, the State action must be proportionate."

Last month, the BBC denied setting out to portray social workers in a poor light with the EastEnders storyline following complaints.

parkerman
05-11-2012, 17:51
"We don't want the situation here to mirror Britain..."

I think he means "We don't want the situation here to mirror the fantasy world that is Eastenders..."

parkerman
05-11-2012, 17:51
"We don't want the situation here to mirror Britain..."

I think he means "We don't want the situation here to mirror the fantasy world that is Eastenders..."

parkerman
07-11-2012, 07:27
A report from MPs published today (7 November) says:
"More children at risk should be put into care." They warned that too often the benefit of the doubt was given to neglectful parents who then failed to improve.

The report, from the House of Commons Education Select Committee, warned that too many children were being left in circumstances of "long-term, chronic neglect". MPs suggested that too often their parents were given multiple chances to change - at the cost of their children who were left without the support and safety they needed.

They obviously didn't visit Walford during their fact finding exercise where Social Services whisk kids away just because the washing up's not done, never mind chronic neglect!!

parkerman
07-11-2012, 07:27
I'm sure you don't want to read that all over again.....

Perdita
07-11-2012, 08:58
I'm sure you don't want to read that all over again.....

Well parkerman, I for one can't read enough of your comments/stories/books :D

Perdita
07-11-2012, 08:58

Perdita
22-01-2013, 13:36
Also watch out for Lola stepping up her attempts to win back custody of her baby daughter Lexi - but how far will Phil go as he stands in her way?

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a452880/corrie-exit-eastenders-gang-hollyoaks-bullies-new-spoilers.html#ixzz2Ii9wuu21

alan45
22-01-2013, 14:09
Also watch out for Lola stepping up her attempts to win back custody of her baby daughter Lexi - but how far will Phil go as he stands in her way?

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a452880/corrie-exit-eastenders-gang-hollyoaks-bullies-new-spoilers.html#ixzz2Ii9wuu21

All the way

alan45
22-01-2013, 14:09

All the way

Perdita
17-02-2013, 07:06
The 21-year-old battled her own heartache when someone she knew was stabbed to death yards away from her south-east London home

She's the feisty care home kid of Albert Square who has stolen, schemed, been arrested and got pregnant after a one-night stand with killer Ben Mitchell.

Now broken Lola Pearce is set to run away with her baby in a desperate bid to free herself from the grasp of social services, reports the Sunday People.

But the drama of Lola’s life in EastEnders isn’t far off from that of Danielle Harold – the actress who plays her.

In fact, the pretty 21-year-old battled her own heartache when someone she knew was stabbed to death yards away from her south-east London home.

The murder shocked Danielle, who was 16 at the time, and taught her to become streetwise – much like her character in the hit BBC1 soap.

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday People, she revealed: “I didn’t grow up in a great area – it was a tough place to live at times.

“A local boy who lived a few streets away from me was out one night and ran into the wrong crowd. He was stabbed and died.

“That was a massive eye-opener for me, I was only 16 but it made me realise that there are dangers out there.

“It made me grow up a lot and I learnt how to be street wise which helped me so much with Lola.

“It was terrible when he died but it’s made me appreciate what I’ve got.”

When Lola first arrived in Albert Square she wreaked havoc by crashing a car into the chippy, smashing up the garage and getting arrested.

Then she got pregnant with Lexi who was later taken into care.

Danielle wasn’t as wild but she regularly truanted from school and answered back in class.

She explained: “I didn’t do well at school. I used to bunk off lessons a lot.

“I always felt frustrated because I couldn’t understand maths and English.

“I knew I’d never get good grades. I was more into drama and sports.

“I wouldn’t cause trouble but I had a lot of Lola’s attitude.

“I’d be feisty and answer back. I was so small when I started secondary school that I’d have to stick up for myself.

“A lot of girls in my school were very loud so I had to speak up to have my voice heard.

“But I never got in fights, it was more chat to be honest.

“A lot of the girls had babies at my school and that was one route I could have gone down but that wasn’t for me.

“Luckily I had great parents and they were able to guide me, which is something Lola has never had.”

Then at the age of 15 Danielle was struck down by illness and had regular stints in hospital.

At that point she gave up on herself and her future.

She said: “When I was in year 10 I fell ill and I was in and out of hospital.

“At that point I just gave up. I didn’t try with my GCSEs and I only got one.

“After that I worked as a waitress but I didn’t really enjoy it. I lost all my confidence and I didn’t believe in myself.”

But then she saw an *advert for Jamie’s Dream School.

The reality TV programme – fronted by top chef Jamie Oliver – enrolled a group of teenagers with fewer than five GCSEs and helped them to achieve their dreams.

Danielle was a hit with the celebrity teachers including Cherie Blair, Simon Callow and Alastair Campbell.

Her history teacher David Starkey was so impressed by one of her essays that he encouraged her to apply to Cambridge University.

But Danielle had other ideas and pursued her acting ambitions.

Soon after she landed her first job – playing Lola on EastEnders.

Danielle said: “Jamie Oliver was a complete life changer for me. I was so lucky to have got on that programme.

“It was so much fun and a completely new experience. It made me believe in myself and made me realise I could achieve whatever I wanted in life.

“You just need a little bit of encouragement sometimes and someone that believes in you.

“But some young people like Lola don’t have that support or encouragement.

“After going to Jamie’s Dream School I was told to apply to Cambridge University.

“One of the teachers was really keen on an essay I had written. I had never written an essay before so it was a bit of a shock.

“He introduced me to someone who would help me to apply. They really thought I could do it. But it wasn’t for me – acting was my calling. That’s when I landed the part of Lola. It was like a dream come true.”

Now that Lola is part of the furniture in Walford, Danielle regularly gets mistaken for the outspoken teenager.

She said: “Sometimes I’ll go out and just put my hair in a ponytail and people will call me a chav on Twitter.

“They think I’m like Lola but that doesn’t bother me.

“As long as you are comfortable in yourself then who cares.

“It’s the same as being called a blonde bimbo. It’s just a stupid label. When people say that about Lola I don’t think they really understand the character.

“She can be annoying, of course she can, but she is a really strong person and she loves her daughter.

“But dealing with stuff like that just comes with being in the public eye.

“It has been strange because I don’t like being the centre of attention.

“I still live with my parents and I like the mindset that I’m not famous and I still live at home.

“It’s weird because a lot of people think I’m 16 like Lola.

“It’s funny when I get young boys propositioning me, they don’t realise that I’m actually a few years older.”

Even though she has never looked back, Danielle doesn’t take anything for granted.

She said: “When I got the part on EastEnders my whole life flashed before my eyes. I was terrified and so happy.

“I still think to myself, ‘What am I doing standing in the Queen Vic?’

“Every day I feel I have to prove myself even after two years.

“I could be back waitressing next week – I come so far now but you never know what is going to happen. I am just grateful for every * opportunity I get.”

Sunday Mirror

Perdita
27-02-2013, 06:17
EastEnders actress Danielle Harold has said that filming scenes with co-star Steve McFadden scare "the s**t" out of her.

The 20-year-old actress, who plays Lola Pearce in the BBC One soap, spoke about scenes involving McFadden's character Phil Mitchell shouting angrily at young mum Lola.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/41/618x419/soaps_eastenders_4518_2.jpg
© BBC

Harold, who joined the soap in July 2011, told Radio Times: "Every time I did a scene with him I couldn't remember my lines or I'd just flap. But now I've got to know him as a person and he scares me a little less - which I don't think he likes!"

She added: "When we're filming, he saves a lot of the really angry stuff for the take, which makes me react more naturally because I'm not expecting what he's going to do. So that's fun."

The actress, who is an avid user of Twitter, also spoke about receiving abuse from trolls on the social networking site.

"I just ignore it," she said. "Block them and carry on. I don't understand why people get into arguments with Twitter trolls. There's no point.

"They say, 'You looked like a moose tonight', and I laugh and think, 'I did!' My neck is really weirdly long and someone said I looked like an ostrich - my mum showed me an example in an episode and I was like, 'I do! Pause it, pause it!'"

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/49/618x402/soaps-eastenders-4558-2.jpg
© BBC
Lola gives Phil an ultimatum

Speaking about the abduction plot, which sees Lola leaving Walford with Lexi to escape from Phil, Harold explained that Lola "acts on instinct".

She continued: "She just feels she needs to get as far away from Phil as she can, as that's the only way she can keep Lexi. So Lola goes on the run - which meant the longest night-shoot ever! It was freezing! Big coats, hot water bottle... but I do like it when we get to go on location."

Perdita
27-03-2013, 18:52
Danielle Harold has admitted that she wants her character Lola Pearce to be "feisty" again.

Lola has been through a tough time in recent months as she has battled to win back full custody of her baby daughter Lexi, who is currently being cared for by Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden).

Harold told Inside Soap: "Everyone has been wanting Lola to get custody of Lexi, but Phil was the person she had to convince. She's starting to get there now, and hopefully she might have her baby in her arms soon.

"She was crazy when she first came to Walford, but she's changed so much since having Lexi. Hopefully, though, she'll be getting some of her feistiness back. She had to let the system beat her and tow the line - but once she has Lexi again, it might be a different story!"

As previously reported, Lola proves she can be a good mum next week, taking control of a worrying situation as Lexi suddenly falls ill with gastroenteritis and has to be rushed to hospital.

Harold added: "The doctors tell Lola that she did everything right, and that Lexi is lucky to have such a good mum. That actually ends up being a turning point for Phil.

"There's a lovely scene between them. Phil has definitely softened towards Lola, and he can see she's got what it takes to be a mum. It's good to see a different side to their relationship at last!"

EastEnders continues tomorrow (March 28) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Perdita
24-04-2013, 19:38
Danielle Harold has revealed that her character Lola Pearce will be "scared" and "on edge" as she is forced to keep Sharon Rickman's painkiller addiction under wraps.

Lola makes a shock discovery next week as she finds Sharon unconscious after she has taken too many pills.

With Lola's baby daughter Lexi currently living with Sharon and Phil Mitchell, the Walford teen realises that she will have to keep quiet about the incident to avoid Lexi being taken into care.

Harold told All About Soap: "Lola doesn't want to take the risk of Lexi going into a home, so she has no choice but to keep quiet.

"Lola isn't happy about Lexi being in Sharon's care, because obviously she wants to do all she can to ensure Lexi is safe. But she has no choice. She's scared and really on edge, so tries to be around Lexi and Sharon as much as she can."

Lola also tries to convince Sharon (Letitia Dean) to come clean with Phil about what happened, but the businesswoman firmly refuses.

Harold continued: "Sharon thinks Phil will kick her out, and she doesn't want to lose him because she's in love with him. Lola tries to assure Sharon that Phil will understand, as he's been a drug addict too. She says it until she's blue in the face, but it doesn't make any difference.

"Sharon's a typical addict - she wants it to remain a secret. Sharon says that she'll tell Phil, but Lola knows that Sharon's fobbing her off. It becomes harder and harder for her not to let Phil know."

EastEnders continues tomorrow (April 25) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Perdita
09-05-2013, 13:35
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has admitted that her character Lola Pearce will always be involved in drama.

Lola has had a tough time in recent months as she has battled to win back full custody of her baby daughter Lexi, who is currently being cared for by Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden). She also recently found Sharon Rickman unconscious after she had taken too many pills.

Next week, Lola will try and expose Sharon's drug addiction secret during a dinner party at the Mitchells'.

Harold told Inside Soap: "Lola will always have a life of drama - she will never be completely content. I really don't mind though, because I like having so much juicy stuff to do.

"Having said that, I think it could be nice to be happy for a bit."

Harold also admitted that she is pleased there isn't any romance on the cards at the moment for Lola.

"I don't think there is, but I actually like the fact Lola isn't in a relationship. It lets her be who she really is! Also, I don't think any guy would be able to cope with Lola and her baby!"

Perdita
16-08-2013, 12:04
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has hinted that romance could be on the cards for her character Lola Pearce.

Lola has had a quieter time in the last few months after finally winning custody of her baby daughter Lexi.

Harold told Inside Soap: "Now that Lola has Lexi again and has settled into being a mum, she's hopefully going to get some of her feistiness back.

"Lola's been a bit mellow in recent months because of all the baby drama going on, but she's going to show a bit more attitude now.

"There might be some romance on the cards, too."

Harold also revealed that she would like to see Lola's family history explored at some point in the future.

She said: "I'd like to delve into her past and find out what the story was with her mum and dad, and what happened to Lola while she was in care.

"It would be really nice to see where she's come from and what's made her the way she is."

lizann
19-08-2013, 20:35
did she ever get with dexter?

Perdita
27-10-2013, 16:14
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has signed a new one-year contract with the soap.

The actress, who made her debut as Billy Mitchell's granddaughter Lola Pearce in July 2011, revealed that new executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins has got "big plans" for her character.

She told the Daily Star Sunday: "I can't believe how quickly the last two-and-a-half-years have gone. It's flown by but I'm just loving it. I've been in to see our new boss Dom and boy does he have some big plans."

Having recently hinted that romance could be on the cards for her character, Harold also confirmed that Lola is set to become involved with Peter Beale, reigniting tensions between the young couple's two families.

"All I can say about what he's got planned for me is that there's going to be something happening with Peter," she revealed.

"There's a lot of history between Ian and Phil, so it's going to have a bit of an impact on that."

Treadwell-Collins has made major changes at the soap since replacing Lorraine Newman as executive producer in July.

He has written out a number of characters, as well as casting new faces Terry Alderton and Danny Dyer.

Treadwell-Collins has also signed up Natalie Cassidy to return to the soap as Sonia Fowler, as part of a "gripping" and "dramatic" storyline.

Perdita
26-03-2014, 04:52
EastEnders teenager Lola Pearce will be left fighting for her life after being run over by Ronnie Mitchell, in an upcoming episode.

Lola, played by Danielle Harold, is rushed to hospital after Ronnie (Samantha Womack) accidentally knocks her down in the middle of Albert Square.

Ronnie drives off in a rage following a fight with her sister Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons).

Fans will have to wait to find out if Lola survives the car crash.

Ronnie has always been fond of Lola and so will naturally be devastated about what happens.

This comes just a few weeks after Lola's baby daughter Lexi was snatched by Ronnie's enemies in the late Carl White's family, although Lola isn't aware of this.

Perdita
02-04-2014, 10:57
EastEnders star Danielle Harold has admitted that her character Lola Pearce will be scared by her friend Jay Brown's advances.

As previously reported, Jay comes close to cheating on girlfriend Abi Branning again next week, when he makes a move on Lola.

Viewers know that Lola is currently in a relationship with Peter Beale, while Jay has been with Lola's best friend Abi for several years.

When Peter inadvertently offends Lola after she turns up to their date with baby sick on her, Jay is on hand to lend her support.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Harold said: "Lola tells Peter straight, 'This is who I am - like it or lump it,' and walks off.

"Jay comes to find her. He can see Peter makes Lola feel uncomfortable about how she looks and what she does, so he tries to reassure her by telling her that she's brilliant and she has to be stronger."

Harold continued: "Then he goes to kiss her, and she's scared. It's a massive step - she and Jay are good friends and Lola has always trusted him. He freaks her out and that is why she runs away."

However, as Lola runs away, she is knocked down by Ronnie Mitchell in the spot where Danielle was killed.

Harold added: "Ronnie and Lola have a strong bond. They have been through similar things, and have developed a friendship off the back of that.

"Lola has never known very much about Danielle though, and she's always been fairly oblivious to a lot of the terrible things that have happened to Ronnie in the past."

tammyy2j
01-01-2015, 22:44
Where have Lola and Lexi disappeared to lately?

Dazzle
02-01-2015, 00:15
Where have Lola and Lexi disappeared to lately?

I think they're supposed to have been around. I can't remember anything being said about them being away from the square.

parkerman
02-01-2015, 08:47
They were there last night - at the wedding amongst other things - at least Lola was.

lizann
13-06-2015, 22:10
danielle is leaving

Kim
13-06-2015, 22:23
Not a surprise. She has to be the most underused character since Treadwell-Collins took over. She wouldn't have lasted this long had Newman not given Danielle a 2 year contract when she was in charge. She's just the latest casualty unfortunately. I think the bloke has a massively oversized ego - he now has a show consisting exclusively of his own creations (or at least characters he's had some influence in crafting (Cindy Williams)) and those characters he worked with in his first stint on the show.

Edit: Just realised he did actually work with Cindy in his first stint. The Eva Sayer portrayal of 2007, during Ian's stalker storyline.

tammyy2j
13-06-2015, 23:56
Danielle Harold is bowing out of EastEnders after four years on the BBC One soap.

The actress has played Lola Pearce on since 2011, but will film her final scenes later this year after being written out of the show, the Daily Star reports.

Harold said: "I've had the most amazing time at EastEnders having been involved in some exciting storylines, including giving birth in a live scene.

"I'll miss everyone here and am looking forward to the future."

Soap boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "We all love Danielle and she and Lola have been a big part of EastEnders over the past four years.

"Danielle is a fantastic actress and I genuinely look forward to seeing her shine in future roles away from the Square."

While the actress is leaving the show, EastEnders bosses will reportedly leave the door open for a potential return in the future.

Perdita
14-06-2015, 05:24
That is a shame, I like her ... :(

parkerman
14-06-2015, 10:47
Soap boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: ..."Danielle is a fantastic actress."

It's a shame he didn't give her anything to do then.

parkerman
14-06-2015, 10:47
Forgot to go advanced!

Perdita
14-06-2015, 12:01
Will she take Lexi with her?

lizann
14-06-2015, 12:30

hope she does ben don't want her and phil don't deserve her, cant believe lola would leave pops billy

lizann
14-06-2015, 12:30

hope she does ben don't want her and phil don't deserve her, cant believe lola would leave pops billy

Perdita
14-06-2015, 13:05
They way it is worded it sounds to me as if EE are letting her go rather than the actress wanting to leave ....so much more potential there still, I really don't understand producers/script writers at times

lizann
14-06-2015, 13:23
They way it is worded it sounds to me as if EE are letting her go rather than the actress wanting to leave ....so much more potential there still, I really don't understand producers/script writers at times

yes looks like she was axed

lizann
14-06-2015, 13:23

yes looks like she was axed

Dazzle
14-06-2015, 16:21
I wondered if Danielle Harold's lengthy absence from our screens was due to the actress being suspended or ill. We know that several of the younger actors have been suspended for months at a time, and Kim was absent for ages leaving viewers to wonder what was going on (we later learned she was pregnant).

If there have been behaviour issues it would explain why DTC isn't keen to have her around.

(I must stress this is all speculation on my part so Danielle is probably innocent of any wrongdoing.)

I agree she's a good actress and I think there was a lot more that could be done with the character.

Kim
14-06-2015, 16:29
I'm sure I read that she missed a year of school or something due to illness. There are some who get ill frequently and can't do anything about it. Part of it must have been illness or suspension, I don't think Lola's appeared enough to meet minimum contract criteria otherwise (this was a contract given by Newman, who seemed to rate the character.) We're talking about nearly two years of underuse though, so I think a part of it is that the character isn't rated by DTC.

Fatboy/Ricky Norwood was suspended and yet he seems to have appeared more than Lola during DTC's tenure!

lizann
28-07-2015, 20:42
was that her final episode tonight? Is that her exit?

Dazzle
29-07-2015, 02:50
was that her final episode tonight? Is that her exit?

I think it was, it seemed very final, and Danielle and Perry seemed genuinely upset. It was extremely rushed and ill thought out! :thumbsdow

Perdita
29-07-2015, 08:22
EastEnders have confirmed that Tuesday night showed Danielle Harold's final scenes as Lola... Shame, in my opinion, lovely actress and character :(

maidmarian
29-07-2015, 08:51
EastEnders have confirmed that Tuesday night showed Danielle Harold's final scenes as Lola... Shame, in my opinion, lovely actress and character :(

Yes- very shabby treatment of actress
and unbelievable actions of character!!

maidmarian
29-07-2015, 08:51
Dupl

parkerman
29-07-2015, 09:34
It was an absolutely ridiculous exit for her. She deserved so much better. I still have absolutely no idea why she went away. Wouldn't she now, more than ever, want to stay close to Jay???

tammyy2j
29-07-2015, 21:20
I didn't like Lola's stupid rushed exit, it made no sense, she leaves her family and job to move to where Dexter is (up in Newscastle is it?) while Jay is arrested

Kim
29-07-2015, 21:27
I knew I'd seen a discussion about Lola's exit somewhere earlier. I just accidentally posted my thoughts in the Current Episode Discussion instead.

lizann
31-10-2018, 16:18
this is character with ties that kate oates could bring back, lola and lexi

lizann
20-12-2018, 01:16
she is returning

lizann
13-04-2019, 00:35
engaged, is the rince phil her plan?

tammyy2j
01-10-2019, 12:10
Lola Pearce will be kidnapped by newcomers Kheerat and Jags next week, as Ben Mitchell's story takes a sinister twist.

Ben is about to make an enemy of the Panesar brothers by taking multiple risks in a new money-making scheme.

Ben is horrified when he receives a threatening call from Jags, who reveals that he has kidnapped Lola and is holding her at ransom.

Panicked, Ben realises that he could use Martin's situation to his advantage and tells the market stall holder that he will wipe the slate clean, on the condition that he helps get Lola back safely.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a29299074/eastenders-spoilers-lola-kidnap-ben-martin-scheme/

lizann
09-03-2020, 20:37
cheat with peter?

lizann
06-11-2020, 01:19
she has a funny way of showing jay she loves him

kaz21
06-11-2020, 12:35
Was after the abortion I think

lizann
06-06-2022, 01:35
on line talk she is to be killed off

Perdita
06-06-2022, 03:54
on line talk she is to be killed off

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a40199536/eastenders-danielle-harold-shock-exit-lola-pearce/

EastEnders star Danielle Harold, who plays Lola Pearce, is heavily rumoured to be leaving the soap.

The speculation surrounding the star's future on the show follows a report in The Sun, which claims the actress will be leaving Walford.

​​There has been no official confirmation from the BBC soap or the star herself at this stage.

Script bosses have allegedly told Harold that her character would be killed off, leaving the actress no option to return to The Square.

According to the report, Harold was left in tears after the shocking news.

The report also claims that the news came out of the blue as a result of executive producer Chris Clenshaw's planned radical restructuring of the show.

The Sun suggests that the actress met with bosses to discuss an extension of her contract, which was due to expire in six months but was allegedly told the bad news that she would be written out of the show forever.

Viewers recently saw Lola accuse Jay of cheating on his partner Honey after receiving some sad news about her own relationship.

Lola was left devastated after learning that her boyfriend Isaac had met someone else abroad and would not be returning.

Following the news that Stevie Basaula had filmed his final scenes, viewers saw Isaac leave Walford back in March.

At the time, Isaac promised Lola that his departure was only temporary while his mum recovered and he would be back.

Danielle Harold returned to EastEnders in 2019 after leaving, having previously played Lola from 2011 to 2015.

lizann
27-06-2022, 18:39
talk of a jay reunion and cancer brain tumour death

lizann
18-04-2023, 00:24
lola wants jay to adopt lexi

kaz21
18-05-2023, 14:02
Death episode 31st of may.

lizann
18-05-2023, 17:41
Death episode 31st of may.

will billy help her die?

kaz21
18-05-2023, 19:23
We will see I guess. This was just in an article about tonight?s ep.