PDA

View Full Version : Dot's sister Rose

Perdita
27-05-2011, 05:47
EastEnders favourite Dot Branning is to be reunited with her estranged sister Rose in a forthcoming storyline, Digital Spy can confirm.

Bosses at the BBC soap have cast actress and singer Polly Perkins in the role of Rose, who has had little contact with Dot for most of their lives.

Animosity between the siblings began many years ago when Rose embarked on an affair with Dot's first husband Charlie.

However, after suffering a bout of hypochondria later this year, Dot - played by June Brown - will decide that it's finally time to put things right and track down her sister.

Billed as "flighty, fun and not one to age gracefully", Rose is very different from Dot and is not pleased to see her after so many years.

However, insiders have hinted that there could be another reason why Rose is uneasy about the unexpected reunion.

Perkins is best known for her role as Trish Valentine in Eldorado. She has also appeared on screen alongside Brown before as they both appeared in BBC drama Rules of Justice in the 1980s.

Speaking of her casting, Perkins commented: "I am thrilled to be joining the cast of EastEnders, the show is a real British institution with an extraordinary creative team. I'm really looking forward to working with June again, who I have been friends with for over 30 years."

Fans have seen Dot left heartbroken this week as her beloved husband Jim was moved into a care home because she could no longer look after him on Albert Square.

Her new storyline will air in the summer.

JustJodi
27-05-2011, 09:36
I had to look up this woman since I had no idea who she was, looks like this sister is going to be alot younger than Dot :( http://www.queermusicheritage.us/AUG2004/pollygay2.jpg

crystalsea
27-05-2011, 10:43
wonder if she had Charlie's love child and thats why she is uneasy about the reunion! Would rub salt into the wound if her kid turned out all good!

lizann
27-05-2011, 13:55
Wow sounds good

Chloe O'brien
27-05-2011, 19:39
I hope she and Dot have some comedy moments. Dot needs some happy times.

Perdita
29-05-2011, 19:05
Could be a more recent photo

JustJodi
29-05-2011, 23:53
wonder if she had Charlie's love child and thats why she is uneasy about the reunion! Would rub salt into the wound if her kid turned out all good!

If I read this correctly Dot is the one who is seeking out the sister ???

Perdita
07-06-2011, 17:16
EastEnders legend June Brown filmed on location yesterday for scenes showing her character Dot Branning reunited with estranged sister Rose.

As announced last month, former Eldorado actress Polly Perkins has joined the cast of the soap in the role of Rose, who has had little contact with Dot for most of their lives.

EastEnders filming took place at the seaside in Southend, Essex yesterday as the storyline apparently sees Dot track down Rose at her home near the beach.

Scenes shot on the day saw Dot and Rose having "sombre" conversations, hinting at their strained relationship, the Daily Mail reports.

Last month, show bosses confirmed that Dot decides to visit her sister after suffering a bout of hypochondria.

The pair are not on good terms as Rose once embarked on an affair with Dot's first husband Charlie. However, it is thought that Dot is now keen to bury the hatchet.

Perkins's first scenes as Rose will air later in the summer.

tammyy2j
07-06-2011, 17:49
I hope she becomes a permanent fixture on the square

Chloe O'brien
12-06-2011, 01:03
I just want Dot to have some happy times.

Perdita
17-08-2011, 19:03
EastEnders' new recruit Polly Perkins has revealed details of her debut on the soap as Dot Branning's estranged sister Rose, admitting that the pair's reunion will not go smoothly.

The former Eldorado star was cast in the role back in May and viewers will see Dot head off to Southend to find Rose in next week's episodes.

Fans already know that there is animosity between the pair which began many years ago when Rose stole Dot's first husband Charlie. However, Dot organises her Southend trip in the hope of making peace.

Speaking of the forthcoming scenes, Perkins told Inside Soap: "It is a surprise for Rose to see Dot after all these years and there's no doubt things will be up and down for them - they've got an awful lot of ground to cover."

Meanwhile, discussing what viewers can expect from her character, the actress explained: "Rose is an absolute floozy! She really is. And this, of course, means she and Dot are poles apart. They really couldn't be more opposite in character."

"Rose has delusions of youth, you see. She's 70, but under the illusion that she's still in her 40s," she continued. "With Dot being the hypochondriac that she is, she wants to make amends with Rose before it's too late. She fears she doesn't have long left."

Perkins's first episode of EastEnders airs on Monday at 8pm on BBC One.

alan45
18-08-2011, 03:55
EASTENDERS' new recruit Polly Perkins has warned that her arrival in the soap as Dot Branning's estranged sister Rose will not go smoothly.
Rose - who arrives in Monday's episode - stole Dot's first husband Charlie. But Dot organises a trip to Southend in the hope of making peace.

Polly said: "It is a surprise for Rose to see Dot after all these years and there's no doubt things will be up and down for them.

"Rose is an absolute floozy! She and Dot are poles apart.

"Rose has delusions of youth - she's 70, but under the illusion that she's still in her 40s."

Perdita
16-02-2012, 15:45
EastEnders star Polly Perkins has admitted that she disapproves of her character Rose Cotton's frosty attitude towards future daughter-in-law Heather Trott.

Rose has recently made her disapproval of Heather clear after learning that her son Andrew (Ricky Grover) is planning to marry the Walford cleaner.

Perkins told Inside Soap of the storyline: "Rose would be like this with any woman who wanted to marry her precious son. She has just got Andrew back in her grasp, and now she's losing him again.

"It's certainly not a very healthy way for her to behave - I wouldn't be like that with my own sons!"

The actress said that in real life she gets on well with Cheryl Fergison, who is bowing out from the role of Heather.

"I'm going to miss her so much," Perkins confirmed. "She's just such a naturally funny woman, and she really wants to make everyone happy.

"I am so fond of her. We're all in deep mourning that she won't be staying."

EastEnders continues tonight at 7.30pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
23-02-2012, 23:10
I wonder is Rose's prison pen pal her nephew nasty Nick?

JustJodi
23-02-2012, 23:11
Nick isn't in prison...

tammyy2j
23-02-2012, 23:16
Nick isn't in prison...

Where is he? Dot dont mention him so he could be anywhere

JustJodi
23-02-2012, 23:20
Where is he? Dot dont mention him so he could be anywhere

He pretty much left after he left his daughter with Dot,, he basically told his momma good bye,, that was the end of it,,

Perdita
18-05-2012, 15:03
EastEnders star Polly Perkins is leaving the soap, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actress's character Rose Cotton will bow out on screen later this year.

Speculation over Perkins's Albert Square future began a few days ago when show favourite June Brown, who plays Dot Branning, hinted that Rose would be leaving in a newspaper interview.

An EastEnders spokesperson told Digital Spy today (May 18): "Polly Perkins will be departing EastEnders later this year, however there is always scope for her to return in the future."

EastEnders bosses announced the casting of Perkins as Dot's half-sister in May last year and the character arrived on screen in August.

Fans saw Dot track her sibling down in Southend, before Rose decided to move to Walford.

June Brown, meanwhile, is currently on a break from EastEnders, but her agent has assured viewers that the 85-year-old intends to return "in the not-too-distant future".