PDA

View Full Version : Father Francis

Perdita
24-05-2011, 16:43
Hollyoaks bosses have today announced the casting of actor and dancer Richard Winsor as new character Father Francis.

The newcomer arrives in the village this summer and immediately makes an impression on Carmel McQueen, who has recently been training to become a nun.

Although she feels attracted towards her new acquaintance's rugged looks and religious nature, Carmel (Gemma Merna) soon decides that Father Francis has been sent to test her faith and vows to stay on the right path.

However, the possibility of sinning has never seemed so attractive to Carmel and as Father Francis begins to settle into life at Hollyoaks, fans will be left to wonder whether she will stay strong or succumb to her true feelings.

Speaking of his new role in Hollyoaks, Winsor commented: "I didn't know what to expect but I turned up on my first day to a very warm welcome. The entire cast and crew are so friendly and supportive. Father Francis is in safe hands!"

Winsor, who was named 'Sexiest Dancer In The World' by Elle magazine last year, is best known for playing the role of Tomas in 2010 movie Streetdance 3D. He has also made his mark on Broadway, working closely with award-winning choreographer Matthew Bourne on a number of productions, including Edward Scissorhands and Swan Lake.

Father Francis makes his debut on screen at the beginning of July.

Perdita
15-06-2011, 06:07
© Lime Pictures
Hollyoaks newcomer Richard Winsor has revealed that he is unsure what direction his character will take in an upcoming plot for the soap.

Winsor joined the Channel 4 series as Father Francis last month, and will first appear on-screen in July. Father Francis is said to make an impression with Carmel McQueen (Gemma Merna), who is training to become a nun.

The actor has said that he looks forward to exploring whether his character will give in to temptation or respect the rules of his religion.

"Basically they're tempting each other, more and more and more. There's a lot of sexual tension which could just suddenly erupt. So we don't know if they're going so leave that place behind and just suddenly jump on each other, or just hold onto it. I can't really let too much go!" he told BANG Showbiz.

"It's quite a nice, budding, 'Will-they-won't-they?' kind of relationship - obviously they have constraints so they can't just jump in despite their attraction so they're just working through that."

Winsor revealed that Father Francis may also win the affections of Cindy Longford (Stephanie Waring), which he says may greatly upset Carmel.

He said: "I think Father Francis would break Carmel's heart if he suddenly just upped off and got interested in someone else - so we'll just have to see! Though I think Cindy has a bit of a crush on him, regardless of whether anything will happen!"

Richard Winsor is best known for playing Tomas in Streetdance 3D, and won the Elle award for 'Sexiest Dancer In The World' last year.

Perdita
15-08-2011, 20:59
Hollyoaks star Richard Winsor has predicted that there will be "confusing" times ahead for his character Father Francis and Carmel McQueen (Gemma Merna).

The StreetDance 3D actor revealed that Francis and Carmel will push their forbidden romance "as far as possible", but predicted that the pair will ultimately stay true to their faith.

"With Carmel they're just going to take it as far as it can possibly go, with their religion being so strong," he told the Hollyoaks website. "I think that's the confusion, they really have to question themselves. It's quite a deep ride for them both."

Winsor went on to express satisfaction with his character's sense of "style" and revealed the inspiration for Father Francis's "mysterious" garments.

"I went off with the stylist on my first day and we spoke about where we think he should go, what kind of look would he work with, and All Saints had this kind of grey, dark [clothing] but with a mysterious edge to it," he explained.

"And the fact that it's called All Saints and I'm playing a priest worked in an ironic sense. The style of it just kind of worked for the character."

Winsor previously admitted that he was unsure of the romance between Father Francis and Carmel, while Merna claimed last month to be thrilled by the plot.