PDA

View Full Version : Wild at Heart 7th Season

tammyy2j
20-05-2011, 11:05
ITV has recommissioned Wild at Heart for a seventh series.

Stephen Tompkinson, Dawn Steele, Hayley Mills and Deon Stewardson will all return to recreate their roles against the stunning backdrop of the African plains.

The Wild At Heart production team begin filming 10 new episodes of the successful family drama in South Africa this August for transmission on ITV1 in 2012.

This series will also feature a new character, Sean, who is introduced as a rival to Danny.

The cast and production team film for six months on location at Glen Afric on the borders of Gauteng Province and North West Province.

Perdita
21-07-2011, 21:11
TV has announced that Robert Bathurst will be joining the cast of Wild at Heart when filming on the new series begins in August.

The show, which focuses on a group of people living on a game park in South Africa, was confirmed for a seventh series earlier this year.

Bathurst is to play Ed Lynch, a talented veterinary surgeon who also excels in business. When Ed is first introduced, he is running the animal park which he has transformed from a run-down zoo to a successful establishment.

Bathurst revealed that he is "looking forward" to acting in the programme.

"I'm very excited Ed is going to be shaking things up in Leopard's Den," he commented. "Wild at Heart is one of the most successful dramas of the last decade and I'm thoroughly looking forward to filming the new series and working with the rest of the cast."

Bathurst will join series regulars Stephen Tompkinson, Dawn Steele, Hayley Mills and Deon Stewardson.

Earlier this year, Tompkinson revealed that he still enjoys working on Wild at Heart but admitted that filming with the animals can be difficult.

Perdita
25-10-2011, 12:11
Former Strictly Come Dancing champion Jill Halfpenny has signed up to head to South Africa for the TV series Wild At Heart.

She will play Fiona Lynch, who is intent on winning her husband Ed back after she left him for a younger man.

The ex-EastEnders actress, 36, who played Kate Mitchell in the BBC1 soap, joins Stephen Tompkinson, Dawn Steele, Hayley Mills and Deon Stewardson in the seventh series of the popular ITV1 drama, to be screened next year.

Viewers will see her character, a "tremendous flirt", bring "disharmony and conflict" to Leopard's Den.

The actress, who triumphed on Strictly in 2004, said: "I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the cast of Wild At Heart in Africa.

"Fiona Lynch is certainly a fun and feisty character and will no doubt cause quite a few headaches for Ed (Robert Bathurst) and Danny (Tompkinson), I can't wait!"

The 10 hour-long episodes of the drama, which pulls in audiences of more than eight million, are being filmed on location at Glen Afric.

PA

Perdita
07-12-2011, 12:42
A giraffe from ITV1's hit drama series Wild at Heart has been rescued after falling into a swimming pool on the set.

Giraffe Lucy, 9, broke on to the Leopard's Den set and the crew were forced to launch an all-night rescue operation to save the animal, which included calling the fire brigade, draining the pool and building steps out of sandbags.

Producer Adam Friedlander said: "We are not 100% sure how she fell into the pool but we think she may have been drinking from it and with her head being too low became disorientated and fell in.

"The animals on the reserve roam free and we are of course very mindful of their safety and try to interfere with their habitat as little as possible. However, accidents can happen and it appeared Lucy had managed to squeeze through the fence before falling into the pool."

Wild at Heart star Stephen Tompkinson added: "It was such a bizarre sight - as soon I walked round the corner all I could see was this great neck sticking out of the pool! She remained really calm throughout the whole thing and after draining the pool and digging a trench for her to walk up she emerged, allbeit awkwardly, out of the pool unharmed."

Lucy is currently 14 months pregnant with the offspring of late Wild at Heart animal star Hamley, who was tragically killed by lightning last year.

Wild at Heart returns to ITV1 in the New Year for a ten-part seventh series.

N.Fan
09-03-2012, 15:47
Not quite as good as the last series's but still okay.

Perdita
24-04-2012, 15:02
ITV has confirmed that Wild At Heart has been axed.

The Stephen Tompkinson series, which centres around a family of vets at a South African nature reserve, will bow out with a two-hour finale later this year.

The decision comes after the latest series of Wild At Heart achieved the lowest ratings in the show's history, due to competition from BBC drama Call The Midwife.

However, it still pulled in more than 7m viewers on average.

Wild At Heart has aired 64 episodes between its launch in January 2006 and the close of series seven last month.

Current cast members include Robert Bathurst, Lucy Jo Hudson and Jill Halfpenny, while Amanda Holden also appeared in the show's first three series.

N.Fan
24-04-2012, 16:44
I will definately miss Wild at Heart,one of the best drama's on ITV.Didn't think Call The Midwife would have been any competition,as it's a completely different drama and not as good.

alan45
04-12-2012, 20:13
Wild At Heart

Episode: 1*of*1
Sunday, 30 December 2012,*8:00PM*-*10:00PM
Drama

The series finale of Wild At Heart is an action packed single film which brings one of ITV’s most successful and well loved series of the past decade to a close.

Stephen Tompkinson, Dawn Steele, Hayley Mills, Deon Stewardson, Lucy Jo Hudson and Olivia Scott-Taylor return for the final time to recreate their roles against the stunning backdrop of the African plains in this two-hour single drama.

It’s New Year’s Eve at Leopard’s Den. Alice has returned, but the stress of combining work with caring for a baby is causing tension between her and Danny, especially when their flirtatious new neighbour Martin makes a play for her. Liv is furious that Fatani hasn’t told his mother about their relationship, no-one likes Rosie’s fiancé Dylan and the family are devastated when three-legged cheetah, Cassidy, and his new mate are stolen by poachers. With only days until the wedding, a trip to the doctor brings devastating news for Du Plessis. His heart is weak and, without immediate bed rest, he must prepare for the worst.

When tensions in the house reach boiling point, Du Plessis realises he must use his remaining time to fix his ailing family. He persuades pilot Dylan to fly them all to Zimbabwe to rescue the cheetahs in the hope that the trip will convince Danny that his future son-in-law is worthy.

With the clock ticking as Rosie and Dylan’s wedding approaches, Danny and Du Plessis set forth on one last adventure with the bride and groom to be. When the poachers’ identity is revealed and Rosie is forced to fly the plane away from danger, it looks as though Du Plessis has hatched his last disastrous plan…

Stephen Tompkinson co-executive produces Wild at Heart with Executive Producers Charles Pattinson, George Faber and Claire Ingham. The Producer is Adam Friedlander, Co-Producers are Ashley Pharoah, Lance Samuels and Darryn Welch and Serena Bowman is Series Producer. Nick Laughland will direct the special, which is written by Ashley Pharoah and Chris Murray.

alan45
04-12-2012, 20:13
Wild At Heart

Episode: 1*of*1
Sunday, 30 December 2012,*8:00PM*-*10:00PM
Drama

The series finale of Wild At Heart is an action packed single film which brings one of ITV’s most successful and well loved series of the past decade to a close.

Stephen Tompkinson, Dawn Steele, Hayley Mills, Deon Stewardson, Lucy Jo Hudson and Olivia Scott-Taylor return for the final time to recreate their roles against the stunning backdrop of the African plains in this two-hour single drama.

It’s New Year’s Eve at Leopard’s Den. Alice has returned, but the stress of combining work with caring for a baby is causing tension between her and Danny, especially when their flirtatious new neighbour Martin makes a play for her. Liv is furious that Fatani hasn’t told his mother about their relationship, no-one likes Rosie’s fiancé Dylan and the family are devastated when three-legged cheetah, Cassidy, and his new mate are stolen by poachers. With only days until the wedding, a trip to the doctor brings devastating news for Du Plessis. His heart is weak and, without immediate bed rest, he must prepare for the worst.

When tensions in the house reach boiling point, Du Plessis realises he must use his remaining time to fix his ailing family. He persuades pilot Dylan to fly them all to Zimbabwe to rescue the cheetahs in the hope that the trip will convince Danny that his future son-in-law is worthy.

With the clock ticking as Rosie and Dylan’s wedding approaches, Danny and Du Plessis set forth on one last adventure with the bride and groom to be. When the poachers’ identity is revealed and Rosie is forced to fly the plane away from danger, it looks as though Du Plessis has hatched his last disastrous plan…

Stephen Tompkinson co-executive produces Wild at Heart with Executive Producers Charles Pattinson, George Faber and Claire Ingham. The Producer is Adam Friedlander, Co-Producers are Ashley Pharoah, Lance Samuels and Darryn Welch and Serena Bowman is Series Producer. Nick Laughland will direct the special, which is written by Ashley Pharoah and Chris Murray.

Perdita
28-12-2012, 18:33
Wild at Heart star Lucy-Jo Hudson has revealed that the show's final episode is "a real tear-jerker" with "no happy ending".

The former Coronation Street actress, who plays Rosie Trevanion in the ITV drama, told Digital Spy that its two-hour finale "is going to be a shock for everybody".

"It's actually a real tear jerker this one," she said. "So get the Kleenex ready, because it's gonna make you cry.

"[There's] no happy ending. It does have happy moments, but the ending is going to be a shock for everybody. I don't think you'll be expecting it."

Hudson added: "I am so proud of the show. It has gone eight years and people are still wanting it to continue, so I'm glad we've managed to go out there and give it a bit of closure.

"I think it'll be a brilliant high note to end on... I think it's sort of the right time to end it. I would hate for it to finish and people go, 'Oh thank God it's finished, it's been going on too long'."

Hudson also confessed there had been "lots of drunken nights and lots of tears after work" during filming of the Wild at Heart special in South Africa.

"As soon as I got there I couldn't stop crying," she said. "I kept going 'Oh, I'm gonna miss the giraffe', 'Oh, I'm gonna miss the zebra'.

"It was emotional the whole way through, especially the last week. You just had to look at somebody and we'd set each other off."

However, Hudson said that she is now looking forward "to getting work where [she] can come home and see [her] husband", Corrie actor Alan Halsall, whom she married in 2009.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a430973/wild-at-heart-has-no-happy-ending-says-lucy-jo-hudson.html#ixzz2onANQ8r0

alan45
29-12-2012, 22:01
Dawn Steele has confessed that she was "hysterical" after filming the final episode of Wild at Heart.

The actress, who plays Alice Trevanion in the long-running ITV1 drama, became emotional after realising it was the final time she would work with the cast and crew.

"It had a very good run, we are very lucky to be going out one last time," Steele told The Mirror.

"For me, it has been the best job I have ever done, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we will probably never get to do that again.

"At the end we had a big party but I was hysterical. It wasn't just the amazing friends I have made on set, it is all the animals.

"I mean some of them, like the lions, I have seen as babies and held them in my arms and now they are all grown up and you just feel like part of this family. It is not just saying goodbye to a job but to a way of life."

Wild at Heart, which was axed in April, airs its final episode on Sunday, December 30 at 8pm on ITV1.

alan45
29-12-2012, 22:01
Dawn Steele has confessed that she was "hysterical" after filming the final episode of Wild at Heart.

The actress, who plays Alice Trevanion in the long-running ITV1 drama, became emotional after realising it was the final time she would work with the cast and crew.

"It had a very good run, we are very lucky to be going out one last time," Steele told The Mirror.

"For me, it has been the best job I have ever done, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we will probably never get to do that again.

"At the end we had a big party but I was hysterical. It wasn't just the amazing friends I have made on set, it is all the animals.

"I mean some of them, like the lions, I have seen as babies and held them in my arms and now they are all grown up and you just feel like part of this family. It is not just saying goodbye to a job but to a way of life."

Wild at Heart, which was axed in April, airs its final episode on Sunday, December 30 at 8pm on ITV1.