PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders Writers

Bryan
18-06-2005, 10:03
As you most will know I've had a talent for writing since i was young, by the age of 16 I've had too plays performed by professional actors at the Birmingham REP.

I want to be a scriptwriter for film and TV when i'm older, and id love to write on eastenders (as im sure many of us would!)

does anyone know how the writers get a job there? do they apply? or are they asked judging on previosu writing experince with the bbc?

bondboffin

squarelady
18-06-2005, 10:33
Taken from the Eastenders Website -

Can I write for EastEnders?
Have you got what it takes to write for Britain's top soap?
If you are a writer and would like to show your script-writing talent to EastEnders, you're welcome to send an original script of at least 30 minutes duration to: BBC writersroom, 1 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JA.
Your script could be for a comedy or a drama
It must be emotionally driven and contain more than one storyline. There's only one rule... it mustn't be an EastEnders script! Only the regular team of writers and script editors on the programme work on those storylines. EastEnders does not accept ideas on storylines for the programme.
Blast is always on the lookout for fresh new talent - whether you're interested in writing, art, dance, film or music. Read their interview with EastEnders scriptwriter and story consultant Tony Jordan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/haveyoursay/howcani/howcani_content/howcani_0006.shtml

Hope this helps you! :D

Bryan
18-06-2005, 10:35
oh well im working on my new soap all summer and until i go to uni so if i do a really good script and a detailed webiste with many idreas then they may relaise how good i am :D

btw thanks for the advice square lady

bondboffin

squarelady
18-06-2005, 10:45
That's alright, good luck! :D

Bryan
18-06-2005, 10:46
thank you, but i bet the competiton is very very tight... and well i hope i have what it takes but how knows ca ce sera ce sera...

bondboffin