PDA

View Full Version : Trollied

tammyy2j
15-04-2011, 14:06
A new comedy based in a supermarket is set to hit screens this summer.

Trollied - starring Jane Horrocks from Absolutely Fabulous, Mark Addy from The Full Monty and Being Human's Jason Watkins - will follow life in fictitious north west store Valco.

Written and directed by Shameless creators Paul Walker and Julie Rutterford, the Sky1 HD show will centre on the everyday goings-on of familiar characters who work or shop at the supermarket.

Also included in the cast will be This is England's Chanel Cresswell, Rita May from Coronation Street and Joel Fry from White Van Man.

The channel's head of comedy Lucy Lumsden said: " 'Trollied' is the first of a number of brand new British comedies for Sky and we're extremely excited by the talent around the show, on and off screen."

Director of programmes Stuart Murphy added: "This show is a fantastic example of the aspirations we have for comedy on Sky 1 HD. I am delighted that our comedy output is increasing."

The show will film through April and May.

Siobhan
15-04-2011, 14:20
:lol: when I read this.. thought someone was drunk on the boards

tammyy2j
15-04-2011, 14:45

Not yet anyways but it is early :p

alan45
15-04-2011, 18:07

Not yet anyways but it is early :p

Ask me in a couple of hours. I just heard I've got a new job. Start Monday

tammyy2j
04-08-2011, 12:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQmYqjeIlTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJehFqaH8Ks

Katy
06-08-2011, 11:18
i enjoyed it, very northen!! Rita Mays the best!

Perdita
15-09-2011, 11:31
Sky 1 comedy Trollied has been renewed for a second and third series.

The supermarket-set sitcom, which stars Jane Horrocks and Mark Addy, pulled in almost 2m viewers when it debuted last month.

After an eight-week run this year, the second and third series of Trollied will be made up of 13 episodes each. Sky's head of comedy Lucy Lumsden has also ordered a 30-minute Christmas special.

"The staff at Valco served you right," said Lumsden. "I'm thrilled Trollied has clearly struck a chord and will back on our screens next year."

Co-executive producer Ash Atalla added: "This whole show from start to finish has been a world class experience all round. Most importantly we're glad the viewers have taken to it so well. We'll be working late, late nights to make sure the next series is even stronger."

Of the show's two-year pick-up, Sky 1 HD director Stuart Murphy said: "At Sky, we act quickly to reward and recognise great work, and as part of our growing commitment to original content, we will continue to back the creative brilliance of British talent."

The first series of Trollied concludes tonight at 9pm on Sky 1 HD.