PDA

View Full Version : America's Got Talent 2011

Perdita
22-03-2011, 08:33
America's Got Talent will return in May, it has been announced.

The talent competition will debut its new run with a two-hour episode on Tuesday, May 31, according to NBC's summer schedule, which was released today.

Other highlights of the schedule include the return of The Marriage Ref for a second season from Sunday, June 26 at 10pm ET and the debut of new alternative series It's Worth What?, a gameshow hosted by Cedric The Entertainer, although a date has yet to be confirmed.

"We want to make it clear that NBC considers the summer as an important part of its overall season and will continue to offer a varied lineup of original programmes," said the network's chairman Bob Greenblatt.

"Our viewers will have plenty of options with new series such as It's Worth What? and Love in the Wild as well as continuing shows such as The Voice plus returning favourites like America's Got Talent. We even have scripted series such as Friday Night Lights and episodes of two separate Law and Order franchises as we build momentum toward the fall season."

America's Got Talent will resume with a two-hour episode on Tuesday, May 31 at 9pm ET. It will continue with one-hour episodes on Tuesdays from June 7 until June 28, before returning to two hours until September 6. It will also air one-hour episodes on a Wednesday from June 1 until September 7 at 9pm ET. The penultimate episode will air Tuesday, September 13, followed by the season finale the following day.

Other summer highlights include new episodes of singing competition The Voice, which premieres Tuesday, April 26, and alternative shows Still Standing (working title) and Love In The Wild.

The broadcast network premiere of the final season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air from Monday, May 30 at 9pm ET, with original episodes of Law & Order: Los Angeles continuing on Mondays at 10pm ET, and the final season of Friday Night Lights airing on Fridays at 8pm ET.

Perdita
10-11-2011, 06:02
Piers Morgan is stepping down from the judging panel of America's Got Talent.

The broadcaster - who judges the NBC reality talent show alongside Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel - intends to devote more time to Piers Morgan Tonight.

"I can exclusively reveal that I'm leaving America's Got Talent," Morgan said during Wednesday's (November 9) episode of the CNN talkshow.

"I've been a judge since the shows began six years ago. I've loved every single second, but discovered that juggling - to my surprise - really is a bit more difficult than I thought, so I am going to focus on what will be a huge year at CNN with the upcoming election."

Morgan thanked X Factor judge Simon Cowell for the "wonderful opportunity" to serve on the show, and jokingly congratulated colleagues Osbourne, Mandel and host Nick Cannon "who will doubtless be very relieved to learn they no longer have to work with me".

The former newspaper editor began hosting Piers Morgan Tonight in January 2011, stepping into the time slot vacated by Larry King.

Morgan stepped down from the panel of ITV1's Britain's Got Talent in 2010 in order to take up his role on CNN.

He had sat on the Britain's Got Talent panel with Amanda Holden - now the only judge from the show's original lineup - and Cowell.

tammyy2j
11-11-2011, 16:09
Shock jock Howard Stern is in "serious negotiations" to join America's Got Talent as a judge, The Wall Street Journal reports.

Stern, 57, would take home a $15 million payday per season if he signs on to the NBC reality competition series, according to the newspaper.

The radio host would take the place of Piers Morgan, who announced his exit from America's Got Talent Wednesday to focus on his CNN show. Stern would join Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel at the judges table.

Stern, who was an early rumored replacement for Simon Cowell on American Idol for Season 10, has talked about his love for America's Got Talent numerous times on The Howard Stern Show.