PDA

View Full Version : The Kumars at No. 42

Perdita
17-03-2011, 06:11
COMEDY chatshow The Kumars at No.42 is set to return – but with a "credit crunch" setting.
Creator Sanjeev Bhaskar told TV Biz he wanted the BBC2 show – in which the fictional Kumar family interview guests in their detached house – to move to a flat above a shop.

And he said the family, in another nod to tougher times, could tackle MPs about serious issues, as well as chat to celebrities.

Sanjeev who won a Royal Television Society award on Tuesday for his BBC1 daytime drama The Indian Doctor, said the cast – including Meera Syal – had all agreed to a comeback and were now waiting for the go-ahead from TV bosses.

He confirmed: "I want the Kumars to return – all the cast are up for it. But I'd like to see it set above a shop to reflect the credit crunch.

"We never got politicians on the show when it originally aired but I'd love to, particularly ones from the Coalition."

The show – one of the first to comprise a fully ethnic minority cast – pulled in up to 4million viewers when it launched in 2001, with its final series airing in 2006.

It has inspired versions around the world, including in Australia, India and Pakistan.

The Sun

:cheer: Loved the show :D