PDA

View Full Version : Paul

Perdita
15-03-2011, 13:19
Neighbours womaniser Paul Robinson is to set his sights on show newcomer Jade Mitchell in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The ruthless businessman - played by Stefan Dennis - will be forced to adjust back to the single life in the coming weeks following his wife Rebecca's (Jane Hall) departure from Ramsay Street.

However, TV Week reports that Paul will soon return to his charming ways when Jade approaches him with a business proposition as she seeks to expand her personal training venture.

Gemma Pranita - who plays Jade - told the magazine: "Jade's well aware that Lassiter's is the perfect launch-pad to hook in new clients.

"And although Paul's initially impressed, his interest quickly shifts to impressing Jade with his worldly knowledge. It's very funny."

Paul apparently asks Jade to join him in his spa after inviting her home to discuss the business arrangement further.

However, it is currently unknown whether Jade will succumb to his advances or if she will reject him.

DS

Siobhan
15-03-2011, 13:59
:lol: I thought this was about the movie

lizann
15-03-2011, 18:05
Paul and Izzy all over again

Perdita
07-03-2012, 13:17
Neighbours legend Paul Robinson faces a desperate race against time on UK screens in the coming days as he urgently needs his niece Kate Ramsay to return home from Queensland.

With Kate away, her younger sister Sophie (Kaiya Jones) has embarked on a full-scale rebellion and she finds herself expelled by Erinsborough High's new principal Priya Kapoor.

Things later get much worse when the Department of Human Services (DHS) want to speak to Sophie's guardian about the situation, threatening to put the teen into foster care unless Kate gets in touch within seven days.

Paul immediately decides to fly to Queensland and bring Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) home himself, but he doesn't know exactly where she is or how to contact her. And with Kate enjoying a holiday romance with charming Dominic (Lincoln Lewis), will she even want to return to the street?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Stefan Dennis, who plays Paul, to hear his take on the storyline.

How does Paul cope with Sophie's rebellion while Kate is away?
"Paul's parenting skills are questionable at the best of times, and it has been a while since he had to cope with a rebellious 15-year-old, so he does find himself in unknown territory. It would not be exaggerating to say he is terrified!

"You'll see that he is frustrated and short-tempered. However, he doesn't take his responsibility as an uncle lightly. He still carries a lot of guilt about how Kate, Harry and Sophie's mother died and definitely wants to make sure that Sophie is okay."

Paul begs for leniency from Priya and even asks Karl for advice. How difficult is it for him to swallow his pride?
"These situations are the hardest for Paul because he knows he is in a corner - there is no way out but to admit defeat to a certain extent, and he hates that. But as I said, Sophie is family and a young girl, so he will do what needs to be done for her best interest."

How does Paul feel when the DHS start threatening to put Sophie into foster care?
"He knows this is getting serious and while he can control his business empire and most people around him, the DHS is a different situation. Buying or talking his way out isn't going to work this time…"

This leads to Paul visiting Port Douglas to find Kate. What was it like to film the on-location scenes?
"It was fabulous. As you know, Neighbours is primarily Ramsay Street bound in Melbourne, so this was a great adventure for the cast and crew, and could they have picked a more beautiful location? I felt very privileged to be one of the chosen few. It's not something I flaunted around the green room!"

Did you have any free time to enjoy the trip?
"Again, I was very lucky. I actually had a couple of days free from filming, so I was able to go out on the Great Barrier Reef to do some diving, which was just fabulous. We were also staying at a beautiful resort, so I was able to lap up the luxury in the down time."

Paul's search in Queensland sounds a bit like finding a needle in a haystack! How difficult does he find the challenge?
"Not knowing the area and not having his contacts to make things happen is very frustrating for Paul. A couple of times he gets close to finding her, and then she slips away from him."

Some of the search scenes sound quite dramatic - including Paul stealing a dinghy and getting in trouble with the police…
"Well, that particular scene was interesting. You have to appreciate that when you are in a tropical location, you will have the odd tropical shower and that particular day, the heavens did open up. We had filmed part of the scene in beautiful sunshine and as the schedule was so tight, we just had to keep persevering at this location, which was a beautiful marina.

"Eventually we filmed it on a hand-held so it looks like a phone camera and changed the script slightly. These things happen, you do the best with what you have."

Even when Paul does find Kate, she's unsure about coming home. Why is Kate so reluctant?
"Kate has basically had a gutful of her life in Erinsborough. She's a young girl who's had to take on enormous responsibility since her mother died, she's lost her boyfriend and then the Noah saga, so she just wants to forget it all and enjoy herself. Why would she want to come back for more trouble when she can stay in a tropical paradise with Lincoln Lewis?!"

We often see Paul as the bad boy of Ramsay Street, but do you enjoy filming these scenes where we see his genuine concern for those closest to him?
"Yes, I do like showing his warm and fuzzy side, but playing the villain is so much more fun!"

With Rhys Lawson fast becoming a real force in the bad boy stakes, do you think Paul has anything to prove? Could those two go head-to-head a bit more?
"Ha, Rhys is a rookie compared to Paul! I haven't heard that the characters will cross paths in the near future, but bring it on!"

What's coming up for Paul and Andrew?
"Paul and Andrew are probably at a crossroad in their relationship. Andrew is always seeking his father's approval, and as far as Paul is concerned, he has to work for it."

Paul has such a rich history. If you could choose one face from his past to come back, who would it be?
"Definitely Gail!"

What else is ahead for Paul?
"Well, Paul loses some of his power to two women and when he sets out to change this situation, he makes things far worse for himself…"

Are you sticking around on Neighbours for the foreseeable future?
"While the writers keep coming up with interesting stories, I'm very happy to continue. Neighbours has been very good to me and I'm very grateful to be a working in an industry that I love and still challenges me."