PDA

View Full Version : Fern

lizann
04-02-2011, 13:47
Fern Britton is to make a regular return to daytime TV with a teatime show for Channel 4.

The former This Morning host, who left the ITV1 show in 2009 after 10 years, will front a new hour-long 5pm show, Fern.

Paul O'Grady fronted the weekday slot for Channel 4 until last year when he returned to ITV.

Fern, 53, had a stint as guest presenter on the short-lived replacement The 5 O'Clock Show.

Channel 4 said Fern would "bring real versatility, intelligence and warmth to the channel" when her show starts next month.

Fern is being made by production firm Cactus TV which was behind Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan's Channel 4 series, which went out in the same time slot.

Fern said: "I am very excited about being in on the start of a brand new show. I'm working with a great team and together we shall rise to the challenge."

Head of Channel 4 daytime Helen Warner said: "I have long been a fan of Fern and am thrilled that she is joining us at Channel 4. Whether she's interviewing ordinary people, Hollywood stars or prime ministers, there is no one better than Fern. For me, she is the British answer to Oprah."

Since leaving ITV1, Fern has hosted Fern Britton Meets for BBC One, with guests including former prime minister Tony Blair.