PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars 2011 (Season 12)

tammyy2j
02-02-2011, 14:22
Dancing With the Stars has announced a Mar. 21 premiere date.

Yhe new cast will be announced during The Bachelor episode on Feb. 28.

Perdita
01-03-2011, 08:06
The cast for the new season of Dancing With The Stars has been officially announced.

The celebrities for the 12th season of the ABC competition were revealed for the first time during The Bachelor on Monday.

The stars are:
Sugar Ray Leonard
Chelsea Kane
Romeo
Ralph Macchio
Petra Nemcova
Kendra Wilkinson
Hines Ward
Mike Catherwood
Wendy Williams
Chris Jericho
Kirstie Alley

Their professional dance partners will be revealed at a later date.

Dancing With The Stars premieres Monday, March 21 at 8/7c on ABC, with the first couple being eliminated from the show the following night.

DS

tammyy2j
02-03-2011, 14:49
They've got their partners. Now, they just have to learn the moves! Following the cast announcement on Monday, ABC on Wednesday unveiled the celebrity-dancer pairings for the new season of Dancing with the Stars, premiering March 21. The couples are as follows: Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel; Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas; Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani; Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy; Petra Nemcova and Dimitry Chaplin; Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke; Romeo and Chelsie Hightower; Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer; Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya; Hines Ward and Kym Johnson; and Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff.

Perdita
30-03-2011, 06:37
Mike Catherwood has become the first celebrity to be eliminated from the 12th season of Dancing With The Stars.

The KROQ radio personality was sent home after landing in the bottom two alongside Sugar Ray Leonard during tonight's live results show.

He had scored a total of 30 out of a possible 60 points for his foxtrot and jive dances with partner Lacey Schwimmer and drew major criticism from the judges for his "ungainly" and "all over the place" performances.

Catherwood was good-natured about his exit, telling host Tom Bergeron: "It's been such an amazing experience overall. I want to thank the judges and everyone involved with Dancing. It's really been a great experience.

"It sucks to be sent home first but I made a lot of good friends. From the bottom of my heart, I have to thank all of the support staff, Loveline and all the supporters. And for my partner Lacey - everyone knows she's beautiful on the inside but she's also beautiful on the outside and I've made a great friend."

Before the results were revealed, judge Len Goodman expressed his pride in the bottom two competitors, saying: "I've got great respect for both of these couples. They have no dancing experience and yet they come out and dedicate everything to this competition. They've entertained the judges and I'm sure they've entertained everyone here. For non-dancers, that's well done."

Tonight's episode featured two performances by Chris Brown with his hit singles 'Yeah 3x' and 'Forever' as well as an appearance by the Dancing With The Stars dance troupe made up of dancers who have previously studied with some of the series professionals.

Dancing With The Stars continues next Monday on ABC.

DS

Perdita
06-04-2011, 06:51
Wendy Williams has become the second celebrity to be eliminated from the 12th season of Dancing With The Stars.

The talk show host and radio DJ was sent home after landing in the bottom two alongside Chris Jericho during tonight's live results show.

She had scored a total of 15 out of a possible 30 points for her foxtrot to Indeep's 'Last Night A DJ Saved My Life' with partner Tony Dovolani and once again drew criticism from the judges for her lack of "fluidity" and movement.

Williams was disappointed with her exit but ultimately understanding, explaining to host Brooke Burke: "I'm probably the busiest person in terms of flying back and forth and in addition to that I have a marriage, a child and a litany of other things to hold together.

"This has been a wonderful opportunity for me and I want to thank the judges and Tony for teaching me how to dance. Despite stereotypes, this is one black girl who can't even move around. I got a chance to do this in front of millions of people. With that said, I will do the rest of the talking tomorrow on The Wendy Williams Show."

Before the results were revealed, judge Len Goodman expressed his excitement in how the competition is shaping up thus far, saying: "I've gotta tell you, last night was fantastic! There were thrills, there were spills, tension and drama. The leaderboard got shook up a bit... Some of the dancing was fantastic."

Tonight's episode featured two performances by OneRepublic with their new single 'Good Life' as well as the smash hit 'All The Right Moves'. Selena Gomez and The Scene also took the stage with their Top 10 song 'Who Says'.

DS

Perdita
13-04-2011, 06:40
Sugar Ray Leonard has become the third celebrity to be eliminated from the 12th season of Dancing With The Stars.

The former boxing champion was sent home after landing in the bottom two alongside Chelsea Kane during tonight's live results show.

He had scored a total of 21 out of a possible 30 points for his Viennese waltz with partner Anna Trebunskaya in a dance that was considered by all judges to be his best of the season thus far.

"You know what, that's life! I put up a good fight and I will cherish this moment. Great friends, great people, great show," he said following his exit.

"I love the spirit of the show, I love the people of the show and what it means, represents and stands for. And I will cherish this moment.

Trebunskaya added: "We had so much fun, and he went to ballet! A boxer became a ballet dancer. Thank you. It's been so much fun."

Tonight's episode featured two performances by Jennifer Hudson with her new single 'Don't Look Down' and a special rendition of 'Feelin' Good'. Dancers from the San Francisco Ballet, Boston Ballet and the American Ballet Theater also took to the floor with a special routine from the classic ballet Swan Lake.

DS

lizann
13-04-2011, 11:42
I hope the karate kid wins

Perdita
20-04-2011, 05:35
Petra Nemcova has become the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from Dancing With The Stars' twelfth season.

The supermodel was sent home after landing in the bottom two alongside Chris Jericho during tonight's live results show.

She had scored a total of 22 out of a possible 30 points for her quickstep to Elvis Presley's 'Viva Las Vegas' with partner Dimitry Chaplin in a dance which judge Bruno Tonioli described as "very good". However, Carrie Ann Inaba and Len Goodman felt that she struggled with the choreography and that it was not as good as past performances.

"It's been a journey for me and I've made amazing friends. Dimitry put up with me for two months and it's been life-changing not just for me but also so many people got inspired by Dancing With The Stars," she said following her elimination.

"I even started to do dance shows at schools to fundraise for [her charity] Happy Hearts to raise money for children around the world."

Chaplin added: "I'm really proud of Petra because she's come such a long way. You should have seen her on the first day!"

Former contestant Mike Catherwood returned to present a light-hearted expose on the show which featured behind-the-scenes clips and bloopers of the celebrity pairs as well as the judges.

Tonight's episode also featured two performances by Toby Keith with his songs 'American Soldier' (accompanied by dancers Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts) and 'Should've Been A Cowboy' (accompanied by Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Lacey Schwimmer and the Dancing with the Stars Dance Troupe).

DS

Perdita
11-05-2011, 05:59
Romeo has become the seventh celebrity to be eliminated from the twelfth season of Dancing with the Stars.

The rapper and actor was sent home after landing in the danger zone alongside Ralph Macchio during tonight's live results show, although Tom Bergeron said that they were "not necessarily the bottom two".

He had scored a total of 52 out of a possible 60 points for his tango and instant salsa with partner Chelsie Hightower, which received positive feedback from the judges. Carrie Ann Inaba described the tango as "amazing", while Bruno praised him for "continually getting better".

"You know, I'm surprised because I had one of my best dances last night, but at the same time I'm not surprised because the competition this year means that anyone can go at any time. But we went out with a bang!," said Romeo following his exit.

"That's the most fun I've had in my life. People don't understand that this show has changed my life forever. I was terrified of dancing - I didn't dance at my own prom and I turned down a lot of movies because I was terrified of dancing.

"Coming to this show and have a teacher like Chelsie definitely opened my eyes up and will only better my future. I think I showed kids that anything is possible if you try... Fall on your face a few times and get back up!"

Hightower added: "You came in the first week and wouldn't even shake your hips and you were out there last night shaking them all over. I'm super proud of you!"

Kenny Mayne, Jerry Rice and Len Goodman took part in another instalment of the 'Dance Centre' segment in which they took a humourous look back on past performances of the season and offered commentary on the clips.

Tonight's episode featured performances by Adele with her hit single 'Rolling In The Deep' accompanied by the Macy's Stars of Dance in a routine choreographed by Travis Wall.

Recording artist and former DWTS contestant Michael Bolton also sang alongside special guest Delta Goodrem to perform 'I'm Not Ready', a track from his upcoming album Gems: The Duets Collection. Goodrem also took over for Adele - who was suffering from vocal strain - on Aretha Franklin's '(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman'.

The evening also included a selection from the 'Spotlights Segment' with a dance by amateur dancers and brothers Hefa, Solane and Tu'iniua Tuita.

Dancing with the Stars continues next Monday on ABC.