PDA

View Full Version : Date show lad lands Emmerdale role

Perdita
15-01-2011, 06:34
A MAN seeking love on dating show Take Me Out has landed an acting job with Emmerdale.

David Jeffrey, 27, who fits blinds for a living, was called up by the soap's bosses after they saw him on TV.

They offered the Nottingham motorbike enthusiast a permanent role as a local who pops up around the village.

Filming starts soon and he should be seen on the ITV1 show in the spring.

An insider said: "David's really excited. He has always wanted to get into TV so this is a dream come true for him.

"He went on Take Me Out hoping for a girlfriend - and got a dream job at the same time."

In last week's episode of the ITV1 dating show David was matched up with support worker Donna Wheeler, 19.

They later went on a date to Tenerife.

Fans of Take Me Out - hosted by Paddy McGuinness - can watch how the pair got on during their trip in tonight's show screened at 8pm.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3353106/Man-from-dating-show-Take-Me-Out-lands-a-role-in-Emmerdale.html

alan45
15-01-2011, 09:24
Lets hope he is more succesful than the last lot who won a competition to appear on Emmerdale

Perdita
22-01-2011, 13:47
Recent Take Me Out contestant David Jeffery has responded to rumours suggesting that he has landed a role in Emmerdale.

The 27-year-old denied that soap bosses have offered him a regular role but admitted that he would accept the job if it came his way.

"I'm one of the last to hear anything about it," he told the Hucknall Dispatch. "I spoke to those at Take Me Out and said I would be interested in some TV work but that's all.

"I then found out The Sun had reported I'd been offered a job. Paddy McGuinness also mentioned it when he was on This Morning earlier this week. It would be fantastic if I could get on the show. If it happens, that's great."

Speaking of reaction to his appearance on Take Me Out, he added: "Talk about a whirlwind! It has been a tornado since the show aired! 400 people must have stopped me to ask about the programme."

DS

Strange that Paddy McGuinness was talking about him getting the job on This Morning with Phil and Holly :hmm: