PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Saree
16-06-2005, 11:50
Hey everyone! My problem is whenever I drink alcohol I get bad stomach type cramps! It has happened all the few times I have drunk alcohol. The severity of the cramps depends on how much alcohol I have drunk. When at my schools summer leavers ball, I drunk quite a bit (Not enough to be drunk just tipsy) and the cramps lasted for a few hours! Then one time I had a few mouthfuls of WKD and I had mild cramps that last about 10 mins! I have no idea what is up! :searchme: Can anyone help me?!? Thanks :thumbsup:

Bad Wolf
16-06-2005, 11:55
could be an allegric reaction or intollerance to alcohol

Saree
16-06-2005, 11:58
could be an allegric reaction or intollerance to alcohol
Oh great.......There goes my uni life! Lol! :D :o

Bad Wolf
16-06-2005, 12:00
go chat to your doctor it might be your kidnet or liver????

my housemate managed to pickle her liver- it took her three years of student living to do though- she got really ill and had to stay t total for months

Bad Wolf
16-06-2005, 12:01
you dont need booze to have a good time though, sometimes its fun to stay sober and laugh at your friends making total idiots of themselves!!!

Saree
16-06-2005, 12:03
go chat to your doctor it might be your kidnet or liver????

my housemate managed to pickle her liver- it took her three years of student living to do though- she got really ill and had to stay t total for months
Oooh, ok I might do. The whole drinking thing is quite knew to me, I have only drank on a few occasions and then its only been little quantities.

Bad Wolf
16-06-2005, 12:08
alcohol is a funny thing, i suppose it doesnt really agree with anyone- it makes us drunk, and some worse than othersbut your doc should be able to diagnose any problems, its better to do it before uni, the first year is pretty mad- you only need to pass, so there isnt really an excuse not to go out, but go get checked out, its better to be safe- dont want you passing out any where??

Saree
16-06-2005, 12:11
Yup, I shall go to see him before I go Uni! Thanx Rach!

Bad Wolf
16-06-2005, 12:14
not a problem, alcohol effects us all strangly there is no such thing as a good drunk person, some people get angry, sleepy, affectionate- none of which are good things

Jade
16-06-2005, 12:57
With things like WKD, there are so many chemicals in them its no wonder you feel bad whilst drinking them.

Bad Wolf
16-06-2005, 13:00
very true, bottled drinks like that give me really really bad heart burn

Luna
16-06-2005, 13:03
I've went right off alcohol at the moment for some reason. Only if i'm out for a meal will i take a glass of wine but if i'm out at a club i stick to the water

Jade
16-06-2005, 13:05

I dont drink them (except for bud) they make my teeth hurt!!

Luna
16-06-2005, 13:06

I was the same never could drink anything out of a bottle

Treacle
16-06-2005, 13:07
I dont drink them (except for bud) they make my teeth hurt!!
I like a bud but my teeth are really sensitive as well. I have that whole hot and cold issue, my teeth are so hyper sensitive it's annoying.

Jade
16-06-2005, 13:09
Sticking to white wine and soda, i know where I am with that!!

SarahWakefield
18-06-2005, 12:21
well i hate lagerits disguisting. i only like alcopops so i love wkd! its the nicest tasting alcohol!yummy xx

willow
18-06-2005, 13:03
whenever i drink rtd's i get a really bad headache, i think its all the sugar in them. i am not drinking at the mo but when i start again i will be sticking to wine and soda like jude, i work in an offlicence and have been reading up on drinks and you would be amazed what they put in somethings!!

Trinity
18-06-2005, 15:05
My favourite wine at the moment is Sauv Blanc, but I will drink most dry whites. I don't drink red wine at all as it give me a headache. I would drink bottled beer at a barbie or with a mexican meal, after the margaritas!

Generally I do not drink spirits or alcopops.

I have wine most days, usually 1 large glass (i.e. a 1/3 0f a bottle).

Jade
18-06-2005, 15:14
Dont normally drink during the week, but make up for it on the weekend!! not good for you I know!!

Cant stand red wine it makes me go red!! and give me migrane. I sometimes drink Vodak lime and soad when i'm out but normally its white wine and soda, and a few glasses of water in between!

Trinity
18-06-2005, 15:19
I am the same with the migraines!

We are going to Tuscany in the summer and that is Chianti country, and iwon't be able to have any!

It is actually years since i tried red wine, but I am too scared to try any in case I get a migraine. I get full blown visual disturbances and vomiting as well as the pain so I don't think it is worth trying...

Jade
18-06-2005, 15:27
thats exactly what happens to me, cant stand up either (no thats not cause if had too much) but i've only ever drunk it two or three time about 5 years ago. Maybe different in Tuscany??!!

Trinity
18-06-2005, 15:46
I was in Langudoc last year, surrounded with vinyards, but I didn't risk it. I went as far as to have the rose, which was fab and migraine free!

angelblue
27-06-2005, 17:26
Does anyone drink when they are at home or do you only drink while you are out :lol:

di marco
29-06-2005, 08:16
Does anyone drink when they are at home or do you only drink while you are out :lol:

only when im out, my mum would kill me if i drunk at home, i dont think she will like it even when im 18 as neither of my parents drink that much. only have it at home on special occassions

willow
29-06-2005, 08:20
when i used to drink i did at home, i live on my own with 2 kids so it is quite hard to get out, i just had a couple of glasses in front of the telly, and it is so much cheaper to stay at home and as i work in the off licence i get staff discount!!

myra129
23-07-2005, 15:00
Last time I went out with the girls i tryed a wonky ribena, its a double port and a bottle of blue wkd mixed in a pint glass. Cant remember anything after that so i really dont recommend it.

Bad Wolf
23-07-2005, 15:03
Last time I went out with the girls i tryed a wonky ribena, its a double port and a bottle of blue wkd mixed in a pint glass. Cant remember anything after that so i really dont recommend it.

is that a wales thing? charlotte church recons that's her favourite??

i've totally stopped drinking and i'm loving it, especially as my boyf came in last night wrecked, and was really ill (and again this morning):lol:

Jade
23-07-2005, 15:05

I tend not to drink at home unless we have a special meal in wihich case I'll have a glass of wine. My boyf delivers beer for a living and we have loads at home but neither of us drink at home. But its good if we go to a party or BBQ as we have loads to take!!! (mainly to get rid of it!!).

I dont think there is anything wrong with going out to have a few drinks aslong as you are sensible (yep most of us have done it and not been very sensible)

myra129
23-07-2005, 15:05
Im from South Wales and I tryed it cos I read she apparently drinks a couple of them in one night. It cost me £6.50 for the drink and to be honest it wasnt worth it, didnt taste anything like ribena made me feel quite sick acctually. Then i got total blackout. Dont know how she manages to drink a couple.

Ive given up drinking as well for a few months cos im trying to lose weight.

Debs
24-07-2005, 16:27
i very rarely drinknow. sometimes i fancy getting a bottle of wine so i have it but usually i dont. i drink at weddings etc but that about it

Trinity
09-08-2005, 13:33
I usually have a glass of wine with my dinner every night. So, yes, I drink at home.

*-Rooney-*
13-04-2006, 11:57
i like drinking alcohol maybe once a week but the ironic part is im on that many tablets and all of them say avoid alcohol

nicole28
17-05-2006, 13:47
I never drink alcohol! I don't really like the taste of it!